PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Quest (iOS)

Ogremindes
2013-06-02, 10:05 PM
Hey, anyone noticed Warhammer Quest on iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-quest/id573516833?mt=8)? It came out recently and is actually very good. I've found it pretty addictive even though it's far from ideal played on a phone (I've found it playable on iPhone 4, but some stuff is very small on screen. I expect it's better on iPhone 5, but it seems very much designed for iPad).

As a tactical RPG/dungeon crawler it's well executed and challenging (I'm playing on the normal 'adventurer' difficulty, and have had some close shaves and some wipes), though there's a lot of randomness, due to a lot of mechanics being close to the tabletop game on which it's based. For example, every turn there's a roll for magic power. On a 1 you get no magic and a random encounter (usually but not always enemies).

For in-app purchases there's an additional region of The Empire with a set of Skaven-themed quests, and three additional character classes. You can also buy in-game gold, but from my experiences and from what I gather about the later game you never need to.

I was paying attention to this game because I enjoyed both Hunters: Episode One by the same developer, as well as the Warhammer Quest tabletop game back in the day.