PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Items

Loki Eremes
2013-06-02, 11:52 PM
Hi there people from the Forum!

Some weeks ago my group and I started a 3.5D&D campaing setting with pirates and ninjas. (too much cool factor there for a single world)
Me, on my part: a Ninja. (ranged one)

Now we are starting to have some gold and i wanted to spend it on cool ninja-like things. I had the idea of buying bracers that, i dont remember the name or where is was, that was able to put several wands on it.
- May you help me remembering this?

and now...unleash your wisdom and creativity and...
- Can you post ideas about wands, and other cool items for my little (whisper gnome) shadow of death? :smallbiggrin:

Additional data: this campaing is ending at lvl 15...and we are 9 now, so.... not very expensive items. :B

Gildedragon
2013-06-03, 12:04 AM
That's a wand bracer: dungeonscape if memory serves me well, else complete adventurer

Gloves of Infinite Blades: if possible to make them throw shuriken.

Asmodai
2013-06-03, 10:49 AM
Did you consider the Oriental Adventures/Rokugan books and the supplement Way of the Ninja? They have all sorts of fun toys.

Loki Eremes
2013-06-03, 08:11 PM
That's a wand bracer: dungeonscape if memory serves me well, else complete adventurer

Gloves of Infinite Blades: if possible to make them throw shuriken.

ill check that.
Glove of Infinite blade goes with charges doesnt it? PASS.

Did you consider the Oriental Adventures/Rokugan books and the supplement Way of the Ninja? They have all sorts of fun toys.

yeah why not? :smalltongue:
ill ask the DM after looking them.

Callin
2013-06-03, 08:13 PM
Have you seen this btw? (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11763.0)

Nanoblack
2013-06-03, 08:16 PM
Rope of Climbing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#ropeofClimbing) comes to mind. I've had players put those to very good use and I imagine your ninja will too. If I had to make a sneaky suggestion, I would get a masterslaying weapon with a high crit multiplier and some poison. Leave it laying around where your target would stumble upon it and say the command word when he picks it up. Instant crit plus poison and whatever other awfulness you've smeared on that blade.

Gildedragon
2013-06-03, 09:22 PM
ill check that.
Glove of Infinite blade goes with charges doesnt it? PASS.

Gloves of the shadow hand then?

Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis (ToM)

Shroud of Night (ToM)

Bracers of Murder (DotUD)

Panic Buttons (CoSc)

And they're charges that boost your daggers (shurikens, throwing axes...). You do get infinite blades out of them though.

JaronK
2013-06-04, 03:50 AM
Eggshell Grenades from OA let you blind an opponent with no save for 10gp. They're amazing.

JaronK

Loki Eremes
2013-06-04, 07:24 AM
Have you seen this btw? (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11763.0)

i always got confused a bit here.
shurikens are considered Ammo. perfect.
ammo is enchanted by 50 units....but....does this means i can enchant only ONE shuriken for a 1/50th of the price????

Rope of Climbing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#ropeofClimbing) comes to mind. I've had players put those to very good use and I imagine your ninja will too. If I had to make a sneaky suggestion, I would get a masterslaying weapon with a high crit multiplier and some poison. Leave it laying around where your target would stumble upon it and say the command word when he picks it up. Instant crit plus poison and whatever other awfulness you've smeared on that blade.

Masterslaying weapon? where do this come from?
command word? o.o ...tell me more.

Gloves of the shadow hand then?

Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis (ToM)

Shroud of Night (ToM)

Bracers of Murder (DotUD)

Panic Buttons (CoSc)

And they're charges that boost your daggers (shurikens, throwing axes...). You do get infinite blades out of them though.

Will take a while to check this, but thx for the info man :smallbiggrin:

Eggshell Grenades from OA let you blind an opponent with no save for 10gp. They're amazing.

JaronK

cant find those....or at least not by that name.
found similar stuff but they make enemies do a Fort saves (DCs 15~25)
pretty good tough!

Agent 451
2013-06-04, 10:24 AM
cant find those....or at least not by that name.
found similar stuff but they make enemies do a Fort saves (DCs 15~25)
pretty good tough!

Oriental Adventures page 78, about halfway down the first column. The ones that blind are dust eggshell grenades.

Loki Eremes
2013-06-05, 04:15 PM
Oriental Adventures page 78, about halfway down the first column. The ones that blind are dust eggshell grenades.

Thx dude.... sometimes is right there under our nose :smallredface:

Quoting myself......on enchanting ammo.....
ammo is enchanted by 50 units....but....does this means i can enchant only ONE shuriken for a 1/50th of the price????

Gildedragon
2013-06-05, 04:22 PM
I believe it does, as that price is for 50. Alternatively: splurge on making 50. +1 morphing sizing shuriken, sell 49 of them as +1 morphing sizing great swords and voila! Profit.

Osiris
2013-06-05, 04:22 PM

Yeah, I think you may be correct on the shuriken thing- but why not make 50 magic shurikens?

dascarletm
2013-06-05, 04:26 PM

I don't see why not?

If you can't then you could just sell the rest.

Gildedragon
2013-06-05, 04:46 PM
You make money selling them.
Cost for 50 morphing shuriken: 8350gp
Cost of selling 49 morphing daggers: 203399gp
Net profit: lots

Now in the srd there is a stipulation for individual pieces of ammo to be made masterwork: 6gp a pop, or 1/50th of 300. One would not be remiss in following said line of logic in enchanting. WBL gets broken either way.

Loki Eremes
2013-06-05, 04:49 PM
You make money selling them.
Cost for 50 morphing shuriken: 8350gp
Cost of selling 49 morphing daggers: 203399gp
Net profit: lots

Now in the srd there is a stipulation for individual pieces of ammo to be made masterwork: 6gp a pop, or 1/50th of 300. One would not be remiss in following said line of logic in enchanting. WBL gets broken either way.

theorically: great
applicable: yes
DM reaction: get the **** out my house

Altough....its a good way showing him that is better letting me enchant just one :smallbiggrin: