PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Building a Fiend

Longes
2013-06-02, 11:59 PM
Hello everyone! I've recently gotten into roleplaying and Exalted, and, since I'm toying with character generating, I want to ask a question.

How does one builds a Fiend? What abilities are good for them? Which charms? Is it worth taking Bureaucracy? Which Yozi would be a good pair for social oriented Fiend? Which foreign charms are worth learning?

Thank you in advance for you responses. :smallsmile:

TheCountAlucard
2013-06-03, 12:09 AM
How does one builds a Fiend?Depends on your concept. I'm afraid most of my answers are gonna be that. Let's hear about the Fiend you want to play first. :smallsmile:

Longes
2013-06-03, 12:15 AM
Well, here's the Fiend (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15341041&postcount=85) I've made for a game here on the forums, which hasn't started yet.

But the question was more of a general nature. All your great concepts are belong to us :smalltongue:

TheCountAlucard
2013-06-03, 12:21 AM
But the question was more of a general nature. All your great concepts are belong to us :smalltongue:Very well…

How does one builds a Fiend?Depends on your concept. I'm afraid most of my answers are gonna be that. Let's hear about the Fiend you want to play first. :smallsmile:

What abilities are good for them?Assuming you're going for a largely-social character, Presence, Integrity, Performance, Linguistics, Investigation, and Socialize are all good picks. If you want to go more business-like, like you're running an organization, Bureaucracy is great; if you want to pull off some shadier stuff, Larceny might be good. If you feel a more tactical bent is necessary, War might be a good pick too.

Having a dot in Lore is a good idea, since literacy is generally a good thing. :smalltongue:

Which charms?Again, depends mostly on what you want to do. Still, if I might make a suggestion, only take Witness to Darkness if you absolutely must; otherwise, any points invested into Charisma are completely wasted.

Is it worth taking Bureaucracy?Absolutely. Masters of Jade has a system for working organizations, and I love it to death.

Which Yozi would be a good pair for social oriented Fiend?Depends on your bearing. Malfeas is a good Yozi for openly ruling, issuing commands, and castigating others with nuclear hellfire. Cecelyne is great for dealing with gods and demons alike, and it's also really good for letting you play the Evil Genie. Swilly is great for running organizations with clockwork efficiency, getting to the truth of matters, and making people into mindless drones. Pairing Adorjan with Ebby makes for a great Joker.

Longes
2013-06-03, 06:14 AM
Depends on your concept. I'm afraid most of my answers are gonna be that. Let's hear about the Fiend you want to play first. :smallsmile:

Hm. Very well... How would you go making Infernal king/ruler? not necessary Fiend. And how would you make Infernal general?

TheCountAlucard
2013-06-03, 11:34 AM
Hm. Very well... How would you go making Infernal king/ruler? not necessary Fiend. And how would you make Infernal general?Malfeas Charms are great for kings and other rulers. You can issue commands with fiery urgency (Crowned With Fury), and reject orders out of hand (Impervious Primacy Mantle). You can even tag those who pledge loyalty to you with a sorcerous brand that burns them if they betray you (Fealty-Acknowleding Audience). A king needs no sleep (Nightmare Fugue Vigilance), so long as he has his throne!

Mewtarthio
2013-06-03, 11:39 AM
The obvious first step, seeing as you're a Fiend, is to buy Golden Years Tarnished Black twice and Bible of Broken Truths, then start churning out propaganda. After that, pretty much any Yozi except Adorjan has its own ways to establish leadership. Personally, I'd go with Cecelyne. Use Verdant Emptiness Endowment to empower mortals as puppet rulers; after all, Fiends work best in the shadows.

Mewtarthio
2013-06-05, 11:01 AM
Actually, a better place to start is to ask the big question: What do youwant to do with the world once you own it?

Do you want to parade through the streets in your mighty hellstrider, striking down all you question you with terrible flames? Go Malfeas.

Do you want to convert everyone to a hellish religion with you as its god, granting twisted blessings to the faithful and double-edged temptations to others? Cecelyne is your Yozi.

Do you want everyone to work together in perfect harmony, the individual suborned to the service of the community, constantly chanting "to right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise; what a wonderful world such would be!"? She Who Lives In Her Name is the clear choice.

TimeWizard
2013-06-05, 10:54 PM
"to right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise; what a wonderful world such would be!"? She Who Lives In Her Name is the clear choice.

If you never open up to people, the world ends with you.
- - - - - - -
Anywhoo, Longes, I have a present for you. Well, I have a present for you if Fiends can Charmshare like Eclipse do, because I'm not that far through my copy of MoEP: Infernals yet. It's a few charms you might like:

Efficient Secretary: Tiny indestructible spider runs on loom of fate to answer one objective question. 2m. NO PREREQ
Can also access personal library. Can't theorize, opine, or answer hidden/esoteric information (Sidereal)

Auspicious Propspects of secrecy- 163, SIdereal: 1m, (Intelligence+investigation), NO PREREQ
grants insight into whether certain important information should be revealed or obscured.

The Presence Line, p 158- 5 charms, two useful. Pass a social combat failure off onto ally, Name a condition I want in when dealing
with someone. Either it happens or they take unblockable aggravated damage FROM THE LOOM OF FATE. Or they block that damage
and I get the condition anyway. Pretty bad ass.

Avoiding the Truth Technique (163) {{Change to Socialize}} Target "sees through" my lies. A Kansas City Shuffle.

************************************************** ************************************

Imposition of Law (Fair Folk 168) 10m, 1wp: Choose an (Attibute +Ability). for one whole day, automatically have one success on
this roll unless literally impossible or opposed by a charm. It is possible to buy this charm more than once,
and to activate two/three/four different versions of it can be activated for the same 10m 1 wp NO PREREQ

Bastion of the Self (Heart). Take no damage from non-magical sources. (mundane weapons, extremeties of nature, non-charm attacks).
10m 1W, lasts whole story (session) Fair folk 169

Shiftless Untamed Beauty-180. 8m. (Charisma+presence) Creation born character (nonfay) is literally addicted to my presence.
+1 success to all social rolls. addict must make a dc 1 willpower roll once per month to resist being in my presence
(taking a hit). 3 willpower breaks it. My Presence > targets Integrity + essence or fails. NO PREREQ

Beguilement 206. Hypnotic tongue is suggestion, Beguilement is Command. Can't force suicide, but can impose suicidal conditions.
Target must be able to hear my voice.

**Compelling Presence 10m,1wp: the super improved Shiftless untamed beauty. stacks.

**Prince And Pauper 208. Everyone thinks the taget is lying, -2 to social rolls. -2 to investigate truth (making investigator
believe target is lying). 5 m

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Our Little Secret: Touch a target who has seen something scandalous, depraved, shocking outragous or blasphemous. They cannot
bring themselves to think or talk about the act, becoming paralyzed with shame and horror. 4m. 3wp to resist.
8m: the same but to an item. All who try to think/talk about piece of evidence (bloody knife, tell-all letter) are
as powerless as if they had been touched about it. Essence 4: Cannot move or disturb evidence of depravity (can't
bury a mutilated body, or drag it to town to be discovered)

Insignificant Embers Intuition (infernal, 115) [percep+awareness] you know details about the character
and the difference between their essence rating

Hell Scry Chakra (121) Demons, incorporeal demons and posesing demons are all visible to me plainly. None demon natives of Malfeas
are revealed as such. Storyteller gives basic summary of capabilities and motivations. Same info for Infernal relics.
see through their disguises. On/off indefinety as a free action

**Wayawrd Divinity: HSC but for Gods, then elementals, then Exalted of all kinds

Anonimity through Propriety (122) [Charisma+bereaucracy] ALL characters (includes animals) ignores me and refuses
to think about what I am up to 300 yards. Must be my essence rating or lower. effect broken if i directly affect them.
Lasts one day. Cost to break free: one willpower per day. 8m 1 willpower

Transcendent desert creature -124- Auto succes for foraging, no penalty or affects from desolation. never starve or thrist.
immune to mundane tracking (automatically fail: zero success). -3 successes to magic tracking.
-3 to be noticed in desolation. Turn on/off at will

**Knowing the Desolate Heart. Autosuccess on knowing targets emotions, intimacies, and what they think their greatest failure is.
Additionally, know any other intiamcy that affected that scene.

Sand Through Fingers: Crocodile up on a perfect dodge. 3m. doesnt stop unexpected, or incorporal hitting attacks.

Verdant Empitiness Endowment (131) a literal deal with the devil. Target gains one point in a skill or attribute they desire,
but they must accept a demand of the giver. Can't be impossible. Lasts until completed or 30 days. If they pause for
even one day, they suffer autofailure like Eclipse Bargin equal to essence.

Factual Determination of Truth: 2m. know if something is a lie or a partial truth is being withheld.

Broken Silence Laughter Defence: 1m to recognize mental influence (it becomes obvious). 4 more motes to literally laugh it
away as absurd. Can parry unbloackable mental attacks

Cracked Cell Circumvention: double the success of any roll to get out of prison or confinement (break manacles,
seduce guard, pick lock, etc...) Can only be used when personally captured (can't use it to spring friends out
of the slammer, break their cuffs, etc).2 motes. page 159. Also breaks Clinch.

Brooding Hateful Resentment (160). 5m. All unnatural mental effects on me become Obvious. For three willpower, choose one
amd break it. NOTHING CAN PREVENT ME FROM USING THIS.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++

Outworld Forsaking Stance (Lunar 166)- stop any mental attack from "The Darkness" (abyssal, Infernal, ghost, devil,
spirit, Elemental) or +3 dodge from same group. 3m

Cobra Hypnotic Method: (166) [CHA+Presence] target is stopped for E# long ticks. Becomes Inactive. Think Kha from the
Jungle book. 7m

Charismatic Lunar Trick: All natural mental influence becomes E# unnatural. costs 1wp to resist 6m.

Teerifying Lust Infliction (169) 5m. person or group gives way to physical desire, (hunger, lust, alcohol, comfort etc...)
can be general or specific "Lust for X". 2wp to resist. Supplements a roll.

Mirror Sight Dismay- 5m. [Manipulate+Presence] Convince target one thing they believe is factually incorrect (a deal is not in
their best interest. The king is brave, etc..) 2wp to break.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIII

Voice of Mastery (DragonBlooded 132) E# dice added to any speech related roll. 5m.

Wind Carried Words: One message (up to 25 words) carried to target. 2m= 300 feet; 3m= 3000 feet, 4m=30,000 (5 miles)
5m-300,000 (55 miles)

Warm Faced Seduction (161) +5 to socialize rating to seduce someone. 1m. (+3 to targets who aren't normally sexually attracted
to human men).

################################################## ################################################## ##########

Voice Drinking Kiss (Ink Monkey 7) 3m. Kiss Target- they lose their voice. Lasts until I dismiss it (but I don't recover the
3m until I dismiss it). If I swallow the voice, Mortals are permanently mute, Supers are mute for Essence # weeks.

Scent of All Nations (IM 22): 5m. I don't change my look, but I seem to belong to the nationality of the
viewer in Clothing, customs, language, etc..(People overlook contradictory evidence). Or, Choose nationality
and people will think I am that nationality. Indefinate length.
RENAME: All Things To All Men. All Nations Ambassador.

Trackless Walk: Leave no evidence or trail that i was a place. stop mundane tracking. 2m, one scene.

Psych! it's three pages of charms I lovingly collected for my Social Combat Eclipse. They are in groups by book, I think. Honestly, I meant them only for my notes so the format is awful, but that's like 5 hours of work I saved you.

Longes
2013-06-06, 05:08 AM
Actually, I've recently discovered how terrifying a Fiend is with Golden Years Tarnished Black and Sidereal/Solar charms.

Solar linguistics has a charm for making your writing indestructible. Bible of Broken Truths -> write "King sux" at the central plaze, have a rebelion/wave of suicides in a week.

Sidereal socialize has a "social time-bomb" charm. Meet the king, mark him with your social attack, have him utterly destroy his own kingdom during the next speech.

TimeWizard
2013-06-06, 08:06 AM
GYTB is rea~ally powerful, so is Taboo Inflicting Diatribe and Terrifying Lust Infliction. Our Little Secret will save your bacon too, if you get in a pinch.

Longes
2013-06-13, 12:22 PM
Here's a question: how would you go building the Devil? Like the robot-devil from Futurama, for example.
Restriction: no Verdant Emptiness Endowment (unless you can explain why this charm is awesome) :smallsmile: