PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Rager

Ken Adams
2013-06-03, 02:09 PM
I am helping a friend build up a barb, and i know there is a feat out there but cant remember the name of it. it may also be a class ability. Anyways the feat/ability allows you to stay level headed while in a frenzy, like if i were to build a frenzied breserker, i would know friend from foe and not attack my allies

Its bugging me because i cant remember but i know its out there.

dysprosium
2013-06-03, 02:29 PM
Could you be thinking of Channeled Rage from Races of Destiny?

You may spend one of your daily uses of rage as an immediate action to add your Strength bonus on a Will saving throw.

Medic!
2013-06-03, 02:29 PM
Probably meaning Righteous Wrath from Book of Exalted Deeds

Ken Adams
2013-06-03, 02:36 PM
Thanks medic that was it.

dysprosium
2013-06-03, 02:42 PM
Righteous Wrath only covers rages at least by RAW. It doesn't specify frenzies. Plus it is an exalted feat so that has its own stipulations.

LanSlyde
2013-06-04, 08:50 AM
Righteous Wrath only covers rages at least by RAW. It doesn't specify frenzies. Plus it is an exalted feat so that has its own stipulations.

Indeed, but you could argue for it to work. I mean seriously, it mentions keeping a level head and being able to determine friend or foe right in the text of the feat. I'm pretty sure rage itself does not cause you to lose sight of who your friends are.

You are perfectly able to deal nonlethal damage, stop your attacks to show mercy, and distinguish friend from foe even in the heat of your rage.

Seffbasilisk
2013-06-04, 09:05 AM
Indeed, but you could argue for it to work. I mean seriously, it mentions keeping a level head and being able to determine friend or foe right in the text of the feat. I'm pretty sure rage itself does not cause you to lose sight of who your friends are.

Keeping a level head is pretty vague. I've heard it argued everywhere from allowing spells to be cast, to working on frenzies, to merely making it so you don't foam at the mouth making diplomacy checks.

dysprosium
2013-06-04, 11:09 AM

Keeping a level head is pretty vague. I've heard it argued everywhere from allowing spells to be cast, to working on frenzies, to merely making it so you don't foam at the mouth making diplomacy checks.

True for both. So this turns into an "ask your DM" question.

At least Channeled Rage can give you an immediate Will save to un-frenzy (or un-rage), so I thought it would be a better choice for the character in question.

Plus it is not an exalted feat . . .