PDA

View Full Version : Drow Bard with Leadership?

Gwazi Magnum
2013-06-03, 02:46 PM
I'm thinking of going as a Drow Bard with the Leadership feat.

I plan for the followers to be a 'Hire them during the story' sort of deal. While I plan to make the cohort a Warforged.

Does this sound like an interesting idea?

Also it's Gestalt so I need to pick another class with the Bard.
Also with LA buy-off (Buy off one in each level branch with Gestalt) I'll be starting at level 7 (Originally level 8).

Warforged I'm not sure what classes to make him, but I want to avoid magical based classes. Going more for a melee kind of build.

With the Drow character my plan is to be a sociable character/party face but at the same time can easily hold his own in combat, I'm hoping the other class can also benefit from Charisma somehow.

I am considering investing some levels into Drow Paragon, and this is meant to be a good aligned drow who one day escaped his empire hating it and the way it worked, seeking a better life among surface dwellers.

+I plan for the Perform skill to be Perform (Oratory) to be more like giving orders to others than singing or playing an instrument, would this work?

Callin
2013-06-03, 02:56 PM
You could always do the Bardblade. If can use DeepWyrm Drow for the Dragonblood Subtype.

Gwazi Magnum
2013-06-03, 03:12 PM
Which books are these from?

Callin
2013-06-03, 03:17 PM
DeepWyrm is from Dragon Magic and the Bardblade is a combo of Bard and Warblade that changes Inspire Courage to deal massive amounts of extra d6 damage on attacks for you and your whole party.

LTwerewolf
2013-06-03, 03:30 PM
He's referring to the dragonfire inspiration feat to change your inspire courage to deal a d6 for every +1 it would have given you.

Gwazi Magnum
2013-06-03, 03:39 PM
DeepWyrm is from Dragon Magic and the Bardblade is a combo of Bard and Warblade that changes Inspire Courage to deal massive amounts of extra d6 damage on attacks for you and your whole party.

I took at look at tome of battle noticed to make their levels stack I need to be in a White Raven stance. But I looked at them and neither seems that good.

Also in Gestalt wouldn't I not even need this much because I can take full levels in Bard anyways?

He's referring to the dragonfire inspiration feat to change your inspire courage to deal a d6 for every +1 it would have given you.

Ah, I see.

Though I no longer gain attack and damage bonus in exchange for +1d6 fire per bonus?

Wouldn't this weaken me as a whole since first less attack means I hit less often and secondly fire damage can be resisted?

Talya
2013-06-03, 04:11 PM
Though I no longer gain attack and damage bonus in exchange for +1d6 fire per bonus?

Wouldn't this weaken me as a whole since first less attack means I hit less often and secondly fire damage can be resisted?

Nothing prevents you from getting both bonuses active at the same time. Combine it with Snowflake Wardance and a crystalline blade for even more fun.

Warblade//Bard actually makes a darn fun gestalt, and the White Raven Tactics feat is highly abusable, although Song of the White Raven is a mixed bag. You can't use it with Inspirational Boost...so it costs you 1 point of inspire courage...

LTwerewolf
2013-06-03, 04:26 PM
Lingering song and the effect will last pretty much the entire fight. Sing one, then the other, and you get both.