PDA

View Full Version : monk bonus feats

cerin616
2013-06-03, 03:14 PM
I seem to recall that there were more feat options added to the lists monks can pick from. Anyone have that somewhere? or am i confusing that with the fighting style variants?

Curmudgeon
2013-06-03, 03:46 PM
Mostly there are the feat substitutions in the fighting styles in Unearthed Arcana (and also here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#monkVariantFightingSty les)). But if you're a Halfling Monk, there are also feat options with substitution levels in Races of the Wild and the Champions of Valor web enhancement.

Darrin
2013-06-03, 03:51 PM
I seem to recall that there were more feat options added to the lists monks can pick from. Anyone have that somewhere? or am i confusing that with the fighting style variants?

There's also the "Martial Monk" variant from Dragon Magazine #310. This allows the monk's bonus feats to be selected from the Fighter Bonus Feat list.

It has also been suggested that this variant, as with the original monk bonus feats, can ignore the prereqs for these feats, thus allowing a Martial Monk to take Whirlwind Attack or Weapon Supremacy at 1st level. However, this is not a widely supported interpretation.

Medic!
2013-06-03, 04:44 PM
The Fiery Fist/Ki Blast feat line in PHB II are listed as bonus feat options.