PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Adeptus Astartes (Space Marine) [Build]

graymachine
2013-06-03, 07:25 PM
This is a thread to see how the Playground would build a Space Marine that conforms to 3.5 rules. For those unfamiliar with Warhammer 40k, a description can be found here (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Space_Marines#.Ua0y0WS9Kc0).

I want to see if anyone can come up with a build that approximates the feel of the Space Marine, without dipping into primary caster classes. Certainly, a lot can be approximated with psychic powers, given that much of the fluff centers on psychics, but we are looking here for the base marine, not a Librarian (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Librarian#.Ua0zoWS9Kc0). Although, if someone has a Librarian build as well, that could be interesting.

dascarletm
2013-06-03, 07:31 PM
I am interested in this, but I don't think that any of the classes can match up to the pure lethality of a space marine. For a Bolter.... Exploding enchantment is a must.

ArcturusV
2013-06-03, 07:32 PM
Hmm, well, one thing I know I'd have to have?

Fleshgrinder Longswords/Greatswords, to replicate the Chainblades.

Clockwork Armor would replicate the more advanced (Older) Space Marines.

A Bolter? Hmm... Probably would need a custom weapon which had an unlimited use Fire Shuriken SLA on it.

Or you could use Crossbows enchanted with effects like Thundering, Flaming Burst, etc. Storm Bolters would be more like Repeating Crossbows with a Returning quality on the Crossbow to reload it.

As for the Man himself? Hmm... I'm thinking it would have to be something out of Incarnum, like a Totemist. That would fit the right feel of an Augmented Human.

graymachine
2013-06-03, 07:45 PM
I am interested in this, but I don't think that any of the classes can match up to the pure lethality of a space marine. For a Bolter.... Exploding enchantment is a must.

Sure, I can see that. The exercise isn't so much whomever gets it just right so much as an activity where we see what we can do with the challenge. I figure I'm going to attract 40k fans, for the most part, so I thought I'd see what the subset of 40k fans and 3.5 fans could do.

As an aside to this, I've played a Space Marine in a campaign, as well as someone else in that campaign, so I've seen it done to at least moderate effect. Not to expound too much on old campaigns, but I was a Black Templar and the other was a Spacewolf; I think we both pulled our respective roles off well. To answer other questions, it was a massive, open Planescape campaign, so anything went.

Optimization to get the full effect of Space Marines would be awesome, but we are looking here more for optimization to the rule-of-cool rather than mechanics; we are, after all, talking about a melee class.

For some hints (at least as how they worked for us) my Black Templar focused on enhancing equipment and the Space Wolf focused on templates.

graymachine
2013-06-03, 07:51 PM
Hmm, well, one thing I know I'd have to have?

Fleshgrinder Longswords/Greatswords, to replicate the Chainblades.

Clockwork Armor would replicate the more advanced (Older) Space Marines.

A Bolter? Hmm... Probably would need a custom weapon which had an unlimited use Fire Shuriken SLA on it.

Or you could use Crossbows enchanted with effects like Thundering, Flaming Burst, etc. Storm Bolters would be more like Repeating Crossbows with a Returning quality on the Crossbow to reload it.

As for the Man himself? Hmm... I'm thinking it would have to be something out of Incarnum, like a Totemist. That would fit the right feel of an Augmented Human.

Not to make any demands of your time, but do you have some numbers in mind? I'd like to see some fleshy, fluff bits, but is nailing down some crunch, at least a little bit, would be a good start.

ArcturusV
2013-06-03, 08:05 PM
Sadly I'm not as good at Theoretical builds and numbers.

But sure.

Weapon, because it's DnD mimicking the Eviscerator from my beloved Repentias would be a better option than a one-hander.

So Greatsword, with at least a +1 Enchantment to get it started with Fleshgrinder (A +2 Enchantment), Brutal Surge (+1 bonus), Sundering (+1 bonus). Base Cost of 10,450 GP if I remember my math right. Extra should be added to represent particular Chapters and their focus. Such as you might want to add Blessed and Banishing (For example, Grey Knights), or something like Berserker or Mindcrusher for Khornites, Screaming (For Noise Marines), etc.

The Clockwork Armor is here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070212a

Not much to change about it other than fluffing it as the proper Space Marine armor. Perhaps combine it with a Ring of Sustenance and something which grants Flight for the full deal.

I'd have to look up Totemists again to figure out how to do it right.

graymachine
2013-06-03, 08:35 PM
Sadly I'm not as good at Theoretical builds and numbers.

But sure.

Weapon, because it's DnD mimicking the Eviscerator from my beloved Repentias would be a better option than a one-hander.

So Greatsword, with at least a +1 Enchantment to get it started with Fleshgrinder (A +2 Enchantment), Brutal Surge (+1 bonus), Sundering (+1 bonus). Base Cost of 10,450 GP if I remember my math right. Extra should be added to represent particular Chapters and their focus. Such as you might want to add Blessed and Banishing (For example, Grey Knights), or something like Berserker or Mindcrusher for Khornites, Screaming (For Noise Marines), etc.

The Clockwork Armor is here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070212a

Not much to change about it other than fluffing it as the proper Space Marine armor. Perhaps combine it with a Ring of Sustenance and something which grants Flight for the full deal.

I'd have to look up Totemists again to figure out how to do it right.

A good start. What, if any, templates should we be adding to the Space Marine here, do you think? I've mostly seen Half-Orge as a starting point, but surely we can do better than that. Essentially, I'm thinking that a Space Marine should be powerful, but within the standard 20 levels. As a comparison, I figure that a single SM should be roughly a CR 15 and a squad should be a CR 19-20. Obviously, this could be scaled to meet campaign needs, but I think that is an appropriate range given the fluff.

ArcturusV
2013-06-03, 08:43 PM
Well, I'd think by principle they need to be Human based. Because of the purity and nobility of the human form, unlike those foul xenos!

As for templates on top of that? Hmm...

Giantborn might be worth a thought. +2 Str, Con, -2 Cha. Racial +1 Attack Bonus with thrown weapons. Free Low Light Vision, Toughness as a free feat, if you have 5 HD you can use Enlarge Person on yourself with CL3. 10 HD and you permanently increase 1 size category. +2 LA.

graymachine
2013-06-03, 08:51 PM
Well, I'd think by principle they need to be Human based. Because of the purity and nobility of the human form, unlike those foul xenos!

As for templates on top of that? Hmm...

Giantborn might be worth a thought. +2 Str, Con, -2 Cha. Racial +1 Attack Bonus with thrown weapons. Free Low Light Vision, Toughness as a free feat, if you have 5 HD you can use Enlarge Person on yourself with CL3. 10 HD and you permanently increase 1 size category. +2 LA.

Fair enough argument on maintaining human purity, but I think we have to weigh that against the physical specs of a Space Marine; keep in mind we have some flexibility with the nature of the geneseed. What we are looking for, in essence, are massive warriors that are faster, stronger, and more alert than any human, and, of course, they shall know no fear. Do you think we should get some Paladin levels involved, as a given?

ArcturusV
2013-06-03, 08:56 PM
... eh. Not Paladin, least not PHB Paladin. The Code would not fit in with proper Paladin behavior. Paladin of Tyranny perhaps would fit better.

dascarletm
2013-06-03, 09:14 PM
Fair enough argument on maintaining human purity, but I think we have to weigh that against the physical specs of a Space Marine; keep in mind we have some flexibility with the nature of the geneseed. What we are looking for, in essence, are massive warriors that are faster, stronger, and more alert than any human, and, of course, they shall know no fear. Do you think we should get some Paladin levels involved, as a given?

Perhaps bloodlines for chapters?

Yes, I think they should be gestalt as well.

Have one side the staple of all space marines and the other side dependent on the specialty
Scout (rogue/ranger ish)
Assault (I'm feeling warblade...)
Devastator (Something specializing in carrying a repeating Balista)
Tactical (something fightery, broad with specializationable)
Librarian (psion/ or psychic warrior)
Apothecary (Healer?)
Techmarine (hrmmmm)

EDIT:

... eh. Not Paladin, least not PHB Paladin. The Code would not fit in with proper Paladin behavior. Paladin of Tyranny perhaps would fit better.
I can't see a space marine fitting any of the paladin codes.

ArcturusV
2013-06-03, 09:23 PM
Nah, I think Paladin of Tyranny would fit.

Code of Conduct: A paladin of tyranny must be of lawful evil alignment and loses all class abilities if she ever willingly commits a good act. Additionally, a paladin of tyranny’s code requires that he respect authority figures as long as they have the strength to rule over the weak, act with discipline (not engaging in random slaughter, keeping firm control over those beneath his station, and so forth), help only those who help him maintain or improve his status, and punish those who challenge authority (unless, of course, such challengers prove more worthy to hold that authority).

Lawful Evil, not too hard to maintain in an Imperium. Good Act might be hard to hold up to. But Space Marines tend to be douchebags in the fiction anyway, so not that far outside the realm of possibility. Respecting a powerful authority figure? Emprah fits that. Discipline? Space Marines are all over there. Helping those who maintain or improve status basically means helping out everyone who is loyal to the Imperium and maintaining the system that supports them. And punish those who challenge Authority? Well, lets go kick Abaddon in the head. Traitorous Ex-Imperials? Yeah. Xenos who would rip apart the Imperium? Death!

One Step Two
2013-06-03, 09:28 PM
Ignoring class for a moment. Let's talk about the base creature

Human, that's a given. But we need to represent alot of their attributes.
For something quick and Dirty, we use the Jotenbrud Regional Feat, that makes them count as large size when beneficial. For a mileu of bonuses that are quite relative to their training and Pyhsique, as someone mentioned above, bloodlines, is the way to go, notably the Titan Bloodline, Intermediate or Major, but strip off the SLA's. That's things that don't need us to dip into homebrew any more than needed.

One of the harder things to get across for our regular space marine, is that manay of his benefits are working from level 1. Low Light vision, acute senses (the alertness feat), quick reflexes, and the like, aren't something they develop, they have them.

graymachine
2013-06-03, 09:33 PM
Fair enough, on the Paladin code, although I'd say that is in the context of the PHB Lawful Good paladin; I would see the Space Marine being more in line with the Lawful Neutral paladin alternates. Or, that could be something for Champions, or perhaps even Grey Knights.

dascarletm
2013-06-03, 09:34 PM
True, but I think you'd have to kill the good act part all in all. Depending on the chapter space marines range in... "niceness..."

For order following, some chapters are a little more chaotic than others. Example: Black Crusaders only follow their own authority, I mean they border a renegade faction. I recall one chapter being very barbarian-like.

It is close (though I personally disagree with marines being evil, but I'd rather not get into it) and would work, but some DMs may getcha on a few things so be wary of that.

ArcturusV
2013-06-03, 09:37 PM
Yeah, Salamanders could probably be a book standard Lawful Good Paladin, without any trouble at all.

Note that most Space Marines though do things that DnD would consider "Evil" as a matter of course.

For example, 99% of Space Marine chapters wouldn't think twice about slaughtering billions of innocent humans to wipe out something they consider a threat.

A "Good" class, which is required to maintain Good Alignment (Or Exalted Status) would Fall for doing that. But that's standard operating procedure for Space Marines.

One Step Two
2013-06-03, 09:50 PM
If you want to give them a class, Warblade. Or a straight Lawful Crusader for sheer bloodiminded determination. They would make use of things like Diamond Mind and stone Dragon. Wasn't there a Ranged Crusader build that someone made out there?

graymachine
2013-06-03, 09:56 PM
Ignoring class for a moment. Let's talk about the base creature

Human, that's a given. But we need to represent alot of their attributes.
For something quick and Dirty, we use the Jotenbrud Regional Feat, that makes them count as large size when beneficial. For a mileu of bonuses that are quite relative to their training and Pyhsique, as someone mentioned above, bloodlines, is the way to go, notably the Titan Bloodline, Intermediate or Major, but strip off the SLA's. That's things that don't need us to dip into homebrew any more than needed.

One of the harder things to get across for our regular space marine, is that manay of his benefits are working from level 1. Low Light vision, acute senses (the alertness feat), quick reflexes, and the like, aren't something they develop, they have them.

Good points, all around. My thinking is that a low level Space Marine is actually a high level ECL that simply starts taking levels in his area of expertise; most take (unoptimized) levels in Fighter or Ranger. Champions go into Sentinel (is that right? I can't recall the LN paladin.) Very few go into psychic classes and become Librarians, as few are born psykers. Again, I'm thinking that Space Marines have about 15 levels of LA to account for their natural makeup, so what, using existing templates, do we use to account for that?

ArcturusV
2013-06-03, 10:08 PM
Well, Trollblooded. Space Marines gotta have Regen, as hardy as they are. Giantkin still sounds good to me. Chaos Marines probably should take Half-Devil or Half-Demon for another +3 LA (Maybe just change a few words for a heavenly aligned one for "Pure" loyalist chapter geneseeds). So that puts us at +5 plus the Trollblooded, which I can't remember what it's from to look up.

One Step Two
2013-06-03, 10:25 PM
Good points, all around. My thinking is that a low level Space Marine is actually a high level ECL that simply starts taking levels in his area of expertise; most take (unoptimized) levels in Fighter or Ranger. Champions go into Sentinel (is that right? I can't recall the LN paladin.) Very few go into psychic classes and become Librarians, as few are born psykers. Again, I'm thinking that Space Marines have about 15 levels of LA to account for their natural makeup, so what, using existing templates, do we use to account for that?

If you want an effective if a tad bland +15 LA template I give you the Paragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/paragonCreature.htm).

Apply Jotenbrud, and the trollblooded feats, However, because you need Toughness (i'd replace it with improved toughness as a pre-requisitve, because... well duh) Grab a flaw. To be perfectly Cheesy, grab the Implacable Flaw from Dragon Magazine 328. Fits a Space marine like a glove.

Crazysaneman
2013-06-03, 10:31 PM
Not wizards but this is pretty cool for this kind of thing.

http://reocities.com/area51/neptune/5963/

graymachine
2013-06-03, 10:44 PM
We seem to need a different take here. Going on a point buy of 32, the stats I see are:

STR: 18
DEX: 14
CON: 18
INT: 8
WIS: 9
CHA: 10

(Used a calculator, but seems fishy)

Race: Human

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

That's the least I can determine as a starting point.

SeekAndDestroy
2013-06-03, 10:57 PM
I understand the need to keep the gene-seed pure, but I'd actually start with a Goliath base, putting us at ECL 2. Add the Monster of Legend template. That puts us at ECL 9 (given the update handbook's +7 LA), with all the awesome bonuses that template gives us. And hey, let's throw Half-Troll on there. And Half-Earth Elemental, just to round things out. Puts us at ECL 16, with the following ability score modifiers:

+24 STR (+4 goliath, +6 half-troll, +10 monster of legend, +4 half-earth elemental)
+4 DEX (-2 goliath, +2 half-troll, +6 monster of legend, -2 half-earth elemental)
+22 CON (+2 goliath, +6 half-troll, +10 monster of legend, +4 half-earth elemental)
+0 INT (-2 half-troll, +2 monster of legend)
+2 WIS (+2 monster of legend)
+2 CHA (-2 half-troll, +4 monster of legend)

Seems like a decent choice to me, even if it's not exactly optimal.

dascarletm
2013-06-03, 11:00 PM
We seem to need a different take here. Going on a point buy of 32, the stats I see are:

STR: 18
DEX: 14
CON: 18
INT: 8
WIS: 9
CHA: 10

(Used a calculator, but seems fishy)

Race: Human

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

That's the least I can determine as a starting point.

a score of 18 costs 16 points in PB, so you got 32 right there in strength and con.

its a 1-1 up to 14 then 2-1 up to 16 then 3-1 up to 18

graymachine
2013-06-03, 11:32 PM
a score of 18 costs 16 points in PB, so you got 32 right there in strength and con.

its a 1-1 up to 14 then 2-1 up to 16 then 3-1 up to 18

Sure; ran with a calculator which seemed funny. Still, seems as though STR and CON should be primary in consideration.

graymachine
2013-06-04, 12:00 AM
I understand the need to keep the gene-seed pure, but I'd actually start with a Goliath base, putting us at ECL 2. Add the Monster of Legend template. That puts us at ECL 9 (given the update handbook's +7 LA), with all the awesome bonuses that template gives us. And hey, let's throw Half-Troll on there. And Half-Earth Elemental, just to round things out. Puts us at ECL 16, with the following ability score modifiers:

+24 STR (+4 goliath, +6 half-troll, +10 monster of legend, +4 half-earth elemental)
+4 DEX (-2 goliath, +2 half-troll, +6 monster of legend, -2 half-earth elemental)
+22 CON (+2 goliath, +6 half-troll, +10 monster of legend, +4 half-earth elemental)
+0 INT (-2 half-troll, +2 monster of legend)
+2 WIS (+2 monster of legend)
+2 CHA (-2 half-troll, +4 monster of legend)

Seems like a decent choice to me, even if it's not exactly optimal.

That looks to be around what I would put to an Astartes; do you think it's getting too far afield?

Forrestfire
2013-06-04, 12:04 AM
I think that one thing to note is that a full-fledged Tactical Marine, inside his armor, is probably equivalent to something like a 20th character if just taken with class levels. He can do stuff like fight in close combat with some of the deadliest monsters out there, shoot extremely accurately due to training and targeting computers, and move at an extremely high speed, faster than any but the quickest humans.

Their armor would be pretty much immune to conventional D&D weapons, and they would would most likely be able to demolish most normals and many monsters quite easily.

I feel like Paragon is an extremely apt description of a Space Marine inside his armor, especially if given class levels to actually get some hit dice.

My build for a space marine would be:

Race: Paragon Warforged
Flaws: Weapon Bound (http://eberronunlimited.wikidot.com/flaw:weapon-bound) (The God-Emperor of Mankind), Glory Hound (http://eberronunlimited.wikidot.com/flaw:glory-hound)

{table=head]Level|Class|Feats|Maneuvers and Stances
1|Warblade|Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot (B), Rapid Shot (B), Precise Shot (B)|Leading the Attack, Steel Wind, Douse the Flames, Punishing Stance
2|Warblade||(doesn't matter, since it gets swapped at level 6)
3|Warblade|Weapon Focus (Light Crossbow) (B)|Mountain Hammer
4|Fighter|Crossbow Sniper (B)|
5|Fighter|Combat Reflexes (B)|
6|Warblade|Ranged Sunder|Iron Heart Surge (swapped in from 2nd level maneuver), Absolute Steel
[/table]
Hit Points: 140+(6*con modifier)

Extra Stuff:

+15 Str, Dex, Int, +17 Con, +13 Wis, Cha
Triple movement speed (so, 90ft normally, 120ft in Absolute Steel stance)
+ (+12 insight, +12 luck, +5 natural armor, +5 mithril body)
+25 luck bonus to attacks
+20 luck bonus to damage
+13 insight bonus to special attacks (mostly maneuvers in all likelihood)
Greater dispel magic, see invisibility, haste 3/day
Fire and cold resistance 10
Damage reduction 10/epic
Spell resistance equal to the paragon creature’s CR +25
Fast healing 20
+10 insight bonus to saves
+10 competence bonus to skill checks
Warforged traits

Bolters would be +1 Distance Speed Splitting Force Light Crossbows, and likely minor artifacts, assuming this is a singular space marine in a D&D world.

Hmm. Looking at it, maybe this is more of a Veteran than a Tactical Marine.

I may throw this at my players sometime, though, so see how they react to an Astartes tearing it up. :smalltongue:

ShadowFireLance
2013-06-04, 12:05 AM
Interested to see how this turns out, on a side note, me and a friend figured out how to stat out a Necron Warrior (Without weapons) at ECL 2. :smallcool:

Anyone who wants to see that, view the spoiler below.

Necron Warrior - Incarnate Construct Curst Warrior 1
HD: 1d12+6 (18 HP)
Size and Type: Medium Undead
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+5
AC: 22 (+5 natural, +3 dex, +4 Chain Shirt)
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 17, Con -, Int 5, Wis 6, Cha 7
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot
Attack: Guass Flayer +6 ranged touch attack 50 ft (2d8+2/ x2), or Slam +7 melee (1d4+8 +1d6 cold)
Full Attack: Guass Flayer +4/+4 ranged touch attack 50 ft (2d8+2/ x2)
Initiative: +7
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +5, Will +0
Skills: still no clue.
Special Qualities: Fast Healing 1, Destruction Retribution (1d6, DC 15), Deadly Chill (1d6 cold for natural attacks), Turn Immunity, Immune to Cold and Fire, SR 13, Unkillible, Maddness,
CR: 2
LA: +1
Unkillable (Ex): Only two ways exist to destroy a Necron permanently. One is to destroy its body (by total immersion in acid, or a disintegrate or undeath to death spell, for example). The other is to remove the curse that keeps it from dying. The caster of the remove curse spell must succeed on a caster level check (DC 11) to successfully remove the curse
Fast Healing (Ex): A Necron heals 1 point of damage each round so long as it has at least 1 hit point. If reduced to 0 or fewer hit points, it falls to the ground paralyzed, and its fast healing stops. After 1 hour, the Necron makes a DC 20 level check. If the check succeeds, the Necron regains 1 hit point, its fast healing resumes, and it is no longer paralyzed. If the check fails, the Necron must make another check at the same DC 24 hours later, and every 24 hours thereafter until it succeeds and begins to recover hit points again. Thus, even a dismembered Necron eventually recovers from its injuries.
Madness (Ex): A Necron whose Wisdom score is 1 or 2 is afflicted with bouts of madness. In combat, it has a 5% chance each round to behave erratically. On any round when this occurs, the Necron takes no action.

Now a Space Marine? I think Dicefreaks statted him..yup, here's a decent stating of it:
http://dicefreaks.superforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=611&start=75

Just throwing out ideas.

mabriss lethe
2013-06-04, 12:06 AM
Karsite from Tome of Magic might be an interesting twist. Heck, Binder/Knight of the Sacred Seal could cover a decent bit of space marine mojo if handled correctly.

Forrestfire
2013-06-04, 12:10 AM
That Necron seems really weak compared to what they are like in the story, honestly. Story gauss flayers are one-hit kills on even the toughest of unarmored humans/other squishies, so it'd probably be more like a wand of Finger of Death :smalltongue:

That's kinda the issue I've found with adapting 40k stuff to D&D. I don't like to weaken it for balance... I'd rather just stat it as it should be (lore-wise, not tabletop-game-wise) and up the levels or make a monster class.

graymachine
2013-06-04, 12:21 AM
Interested to see how this turns out, on a side note, me and a friend figured out how to stat out a Necron Warrior (Without weapons) at ECL 2. :smallcool:

Anyone who wants to see that, view the spoiler below.

Necron Warrior - Incarnate Construct Curst Warrior 1
HD: 1d12+6 (18 HP)
Size and Type: Medium Undead
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+5
AC: 22 (+5 natural, +3 dex, +4 Chain Shirt)
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 17, Con -, Int 5, Wis 6, Cha 7
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot
Attack: Guass Flayer +6 ranged touch attack 50 ft (2d8+2/ x2), or Slam +7 melee (1d4+8 +1d6 cold)
Full Attack: Guass Flayer +4/+4 ranged touch attack 50 ft (2d8+2/ x2)
Initiative: +7
Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +5, Will +0
Skills: still no clue.
Special Qualities: Fast Healing 1, Destruction Retribution (1d6, DC 15), Deadly Chill (1d6 cold for natural attacks), Turn Immunity, Immune to Cold and Fire, SR 13, Unkillible, Maddness,
CR: 2
LA: +1
Unkillable (Ex): Only two ways exist to destroy a Necron permanently. One is to destroy its body (by total immersion in acid, or a disintegrate or undeath to death spell, for example). The other is to remove the curse that keeps it from dying. The caster of the remove curse spell must succeed on a caster level check (DC 11) to successfully remove the curse
Fast Healing (Ex): A Necron heals 1 point of damage each round so long as it has at least 1 hit point. If reduced to 0 or fewer hit points, it falls to the ground paralyzed, and its fast healing stops. After 1 hour, the Necron makes a DC 20 level check. If the check succeeds, the Necron regains 1 hit point, its fast healing resumes, and it is no longer paralyzed. If the check fails, the Necron must make another check at the same DC 24 hours later, and every 24 hours thereafter until it succeeds and begins to recover hit points again. Thus, even a dismembered Necron eventually recovers from its injuries.
Madness (Ex): A Necron whose Wisdom score is 1 or 2 is afflicted with bouts of madness. In combat, it has a 5% chance each round to behave erratically. On any round when this occurs, the Necron takes no action.

Now a Space Marine? I think Dicefreaks statted him..yup, here's a decent stating of it:
http://dicefreaks.superforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=611&start=75

Just throwing out ideas.

That ECL 2 doesn't seem right... Still, good to get more feedback.

We have to remember, above all, that the Emperor protects. :smallcool:

ShadowFireLance
2013-06-04, 02:23 AM
Low ECL:
That's cause we tried to make it as low as we possibly could, now, if we went all out, keeping as much to the fluff, it's more around Cr 11/12.
(Lords are more then likely around Cr 24/25)

Damere
2014-03-04, 08:52 PM
Race: Maug
Class: Monk/Fighter
Grafts: BattleFists, Stone spitter, Adamantine skin
PrC: Kensai, the Defiant

(maybe throw in Artificer for techmarine
or look at the Iron Kingdoms campaign books for rigger type feel of classes)

Feats:
Exotic weapon: skiprock, brutal throw, combat reflexes, mage slayer...ect.

medium sized guisarm or large guisarm and strongarm bracers to allow one handed wielding of blade
stone spitter graft will look like mounted storm bolter
battlefist for maximum dmg upon grapple, then unleash the bolter in their faces.

im actually playing this build right now, its pretty cool.

gorfnab
2014-03-04, 11:35 PM
The Aegis (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/aegis) or Tactician (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/tactician) from Pathfinder may work for some of the psychic abilities. The Tactician could be used for some of the Librarian abilities.