PDA

View Full Version : Good PRC for variant Casu Marzu?

123456789blaaa
2013-06-03, 07:30 PM
I'm working on creating a variant build for Case Marzu build ( http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12990102&postcount=151) that was entered for Iron Chef: Shadow Sentinel. The build is quite MAD and I was looking to reduce that. However I've hit a bit of a roadblock.

My first step was to get rid of the ranger and Impure Prince levels (I also decided to ignore the racial perquisite for Shadow Sentinal because it's pretty dumb. I changed to race to Daelkyr Half Blood to keep the tentacle whip). This reduces Wis dependency and also gives less skills (which in turn lessens the pressure to be a skillmonkey. This means less Int is required). Combat reflexes probably isn't worth it so we can safely reduce Dex as well. So now I'm down to 3 stats (Str, Con, and Cha). Since both Shadow Sentinal and Shadowcaster have Intimidate as a class skill, points into that would be good.

Now the only problem is what to replace Impure Prince with. Ideally it would be something that can advance shadowcaster casting, has Intimidate as a class skill, and has full BAB. Is their any PRC like that? I'm fine with Dragon content.

Piggy Knowles
2013-06-03, 08:27 PM
How attached are you to Shadow Sentinel? You can imitate a lot of its abilities with feats and items. Then you wouldn't even have to worry about dropping illumian.

Also worth noting that you'll have to do some revising of the mysteries known, as Casu Marzu doesn't actually take his mysteries in the proper order as written. You can't take a second-level mystery unless you know two first-level mysteries, so the fact that he traded out his second first-level mystery means he can't take Flesh Fails when he does.

In any case, Earth Dreamer and Ruathar are my two go-to classes for progressing mysteries. Ruathar seems a little better for a martial build with its medium BAB, but Earth Dreamer actually has useful class features and seems like it would fit the fluff better.