PDA

View Full Version : Repeated Time Stop

Ruethgar
2013-06-03, 11:51 PM
If you repeat a time stop, is it the next round in apparent time or actual time?

Nettlekid
2013-06-03, 11:57 PM
Since I think Time Stop was errataed to be an Instantaneous effect (so you can't do Persistent Spell stuff with it), it would Instantaneously happen on a round, and you use it up, and then next round it Repeats. So I believe it would happen in the next round of real time.

Immabozo
2013-06-04, 12:10 AM
...I think Time Stop was errataed to be ...

can you link the errata?

Nettlekid
2013-06-04, 12:19 AM
Sorry, I don't actually know where it is. I've just heard lots of people say something to that effect when they talk about why Persisted Time Stop is invalid.

NeoPhoenix0
2013-06-04, 12:30 AM
Time Stop wasn't errataed so I see two possibilities because it has such a wierd duration.

1) You do one time stop till the end, then the next round of real time you time stop again.

2) The second time stop occurs in the second round of the first and the two spells overlap. You join real time when the last one ends.

Ruethgar
2013-06-04, 12:39 AM
Yeah, just searched through 3e and 3.5 PHB errata, no mention of time stop. I am leaning toward it occurring on the next round of real time since the spell just makes you faster rather than adding time. The next round is still 6 seconds away even if you can do 30 seconds of work in that 6 seconds.

Edit: But would that also mean that repeated spells cast in time stop would repeat on the next real round as well or are you hastening magic as well to repeat 5 seconds sooner?

Vaz
2013-06-04, 04:31 AM
A repeated spell is automatically cast again at the beginning of your next round of actions.

That's the feats first line.

Before we get to it, Twinning it would mean that you roll the 1d4 twice and choose the largest number.