PDA

View Full Version : Psionic/monk build guide

drakoonity
2013-06-04, 01:09 AM
So I'm finally making a monk/psychic warrior and I'm supposed to level him up to level 13 as thats where we are starting out campaign for some reason (don't ask me) and he has to be a human. So I was wondering what kind of build should i do like a step by step thing saying to take this and that at these levels.

Emperor Tippy
2013-06-04, 01:40 AM
You want the feats Monastic Training: Psionic Fist (Eberron Campaign Setting pg. 57) and Tashalatora (Secrets of Sarlona pg. 119).

Cobra Strike Variant Monk 3/Psi Warrior 3/Psionic Fist 7

Possibly put a one level dip in Shiba Protector in if you can find the feats (add Wis to attacks and damage) and buy a monks belt.

The end result:
Unarmed Damage: As a level 22 monk.
Unarmored Speed: As a level 10 monk.
Flurry of Blows: As a level 17 monk.
AC Bonus: As a level 22 monk.
PP: 34 per day.
Manifesting: 5 first level powers known, two second, two third, one fourth.

Feats required: Monastic Training, Tashalatora, Wild Talent.
Feats Recommended: Improved Unarmed Strike, Spring Attack (Cobra strike gives you Dodge and Mobility already), Speed of Thought, Up the Walls (have it Psychic Reformed once you get Elocater 1), Snap Kick (Tome of Battle), Shadowblade, Martial Stance (Child of Shadow)

Later progression: Elocater 1 (progress Psionic Fist), Shadowdancer 1, Psionic Fist 3, Shiba Protector 1, Psi Warrior 1.

Strategy: Hit and run. The DC 35 Tumble check to move through enemy squares at full speed without provoking AoO's is going to be your best friend. High speed in and out strikes with your striking from hiding (enemy is flat footed) and from all angles.

Never stand and fight.

drakoonity
2013-06-04, 03:00 AM
Oh forget to mention, not sure if this will make a difference or not but he said that we will mostly be fighting demons.