2O: Improved Damage Reduction III

Abilities:
Str 2O [4: 21, 8: 22, 16: 23, 2O: 24]
Dex 14
Con 15 [12: 16]
Int 8
Wis 12
Cha 7

Trait: Maybe Reactionary, I'm undecided.

I figure I'll need all the DR I can get, 'cuz my AC is gonna be shot to hell between raging and come and get me, especially in that one level before getting monkey lunge. The concept is basically thus: being able to zip across the battlefield, trampling and getting an AoO against any successfully overrun mook, laying down a full attack ala pounce on the BBEG finishing up the sequence with a bull rush [ala Knockback], which if I remember correctly doesn't suffer as much as a final iterative which, if successful, triggers another attack of opportunity, anyways. Then, pull up Come and Get Me and beat the piss out of the guy if he tries to attack, and laugh in his face if he tries to withdraw past my 1O foot reach.

Problems? Anything I'm missing? Any mechanic that I described that doesn't work the way I think it does?

buttcyst
2013-06-04, 08:34 PM
PHB2: Robilar's gambit

buttcyst
2013-06-04, 08:41 PM
for DR, champion of gwynhardwyf PrC gives a little more than the barbarian class, you can look into voluntary poverty to gain different types of DR as well as ability and AC increases and a butt load of exaulted feats. a few level dip into fighter would be beneficial for a few extra feats quickly. And the aforementioned robilars gambit pretty much takes all of the things from the does not provoke list and adds them to the does provoke list.

also, there are feats for increasing DR

genericwit
2013-06-05, 09:50 AM
for DR, champion of gwynhardwyf PrC gives a little more than the barbarian class, you can look into voluntary poverty to gain different types of DR as well as ability and AC increases and a butt load of exaulted feats. a few level dip into fighter would be beneficial for a few extra feats quickly. And the aforementioned robilars gambit pretty much takes all of the things from the does not provoke list and adds them to the does provoke list.

also, there are feats for increasing DR

All great suggestions, but I'm running this in Pathfinder in a setting where all the gods have abandoned humanity [elvanity/halfinganity/dwarvanity], Champion is out, his level 2O DR will be around 13/- while raging [though like I said his HP will be decent and his AC will be dreck], and Come and Get Me is literally Robilar's Gambit for Barbarians in Pathfinder.

buttcyst
2013-06-05, 10:04 AM
neat, sorry bud, only real pathfinder info I have for you is that it is a similar system to 3.5 and very compatible. that being said, I'm just gonna throw out one last bit of 3.5 advice before looking at any source material for pathfinder. 3.5 masters of the wild has a forsaker class in it, most fitting for a low magic setting barbarian, it offers DR, SR, AC boost, and an ability score increase each level

genericwit
2013-06-06, 09:56 AM
neat, sorry bud, only real pathfinder info I have for you is that it is a similar system to 3.5 and very compatible. that being said, I'm just gonna throw out one last bit of 3.5 advice before looking at any source material for pathfinder. 3.5 masters of the wild has a forsaker class in it, most fitting for a low magic setting barbarian, it offers DR, SR, AC boost, and an ability score increase each level

Yeah, I'd rather not give up Barbarian levels [needed to gain the extra rage powers], plus, there's a power [superstition] that gives insane bonuses to saves vs. spells [esp. if you're human] at the cost of making you save vs. all of them... Which I've considered for this build. I'm basically just hoping that I'll be able to avoid compulsion effects while raging, as fort won't be a problem and I can soak up plenty of damage from AoEs.