PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 equivalent of BovD's bone creature?

Zero grim
2013-06-04, 06:59 PM
In my current setting I'm establishing a Big Bad Lich necromancer as so many people love that old standard, one activity that i might have my players do is trying to find and destroy/hide corpses of powerful long lost heroes, otherwise my little lich can show up and raise them, in this quest my question is the following.

Is there a closer to 3.5 equivalent of the bone creature template, the template itself just says that it can be raised using create undead or greater create undead and doesn't go into any detail of what level you need to be or anything and I was wondering if there were other undead templates to check for the same purpose.

big teej
2013-06-04, 08:18 PM
In my current setting I'm establishing a Big Bad Lich necromancer as so many people love that old standard, one activity that i might have my players do is trying to find and destroy/hide corpses of powerful long lost heroes, otherwise my little lich can show up and raise them, in this quest my question is the following.

Is there a closer to 3.5 equivalent of the bone creature template, the template itself just says that it can be raised using create undead or greater create undead and doesn't go into any detail of what level you need to be or anything and I was wondering if there were other undead templates to check for the same purpose.

he's an NPC. you're allowed more leeway than the players when it comes to getting stuff done. (don't get me wrong, I am a staunch advocate of anything the DM does being replicable on the other side of the screen, but some things simply must bow to plot and convenience)

Zero grim
2013-06-04, 08:34 PM
I am willing to bow to plot and convenience, I was just curious on other alternatives, I doubt anything is going to be more convenient then bone and corpse creature though.