PDA

View Full Version : Charismatic Generic Drow Gestalt

Gwazi Magnum
2013-06-04, 10:47 PM
Pretty much what the title says.

In the campaign we're making level 8 Gestalts.
I plan to go with Drow with LA buy-off, dividing it among each class list so I start off as: Class 7//Class 7

Rolled Ability Scores at Level 1 before race are: 17, 16, 16, 15, 15, 12 (I got lucky)

The focus of the campaign is primarily non-magical so I'm trying to avoid magic like abilities (In terms of casting, permanency is still fair game though). So as a result I'm picking the Generic Expert and Generic Warrior as my classes.

I like the idea of the extra customization behind the choose your own saving throws (which with the combination will be all three :P), pick your own class skills and additional feats and/or class features.

Though honestly, none of the class features seem that tempting atm.

Basically my plan is be a Charismatic kind of character, relying largely on Charisma to be a social and likeable character. Though without Charisma based classes, I'm looking for other ways to benefit from it other than skill checks and Leadership.

I don't want to go into Sorcerer or Bard because if I do go spell casting I'm no longer Gestalt for balance reasons. While with Paladin I don't like being:

a) Locked into one alignment, even if I take alternate alignment features for the Paladin
b) Having a constant aura that's makes it impossible to hide my alignment

If there are ways to alleviate these two issues though, I'd consider a 2 level dip into Paladin.

Any general Advice for what I can do with this kind of character?
Main focus is to be social and charismatic, after that the focus is to be well skilled and knowledgeable, and then lastly capable of holding his own in combat, preferably melee but still sufficent with a Bow (which really just full BAB takes care of).

Class skills I'm considering are:

12 from Expert + 6 from Warrior + 2 from Apprentice = 20 class skills

1. Diplomacy
2. Bluff
3. Sense Motive
4. Perform (If I can find a good use for it)
5. Knowledge (All the Monster Identify ones)
6. Listen
7. Spot
8. Search
9. Gather Information

Lesser ones but still considering are:

1. Tumble
2. Hide
3. Move Silently
4. Sleight of Hand
5. Survival
6. Handle Animal

Feats I'm considering are:

Note: I may also take Flaws

1. University
2. Knowledge Devotion
3. Item Familliar
4. Dragon Cohort
5. Wild Cohort
6. Shape Soulmeld
7. Nymphs Kiss
8. Keen Intellect
9. Mind Sight (Telepathy from Telepathic Bond Permanency)
10. Improved Toughness
11. Dark Speech
12. Extra Followers (Note: I plan for followers to stay behind and do something else. Maybe run a magic item shop for easier supplies, run a business so I gain an extra income. Some sort of passive bonus I continually get. Ideas here would be appreciated.
13. Improved Cohort
14. Leadership
15. Versatile Performer (If I happen to find a heavy use for perform skills somehow)
16. Apprentice/Mentor
17. Daylight Adaption
18. Bind Vestige (Not 100% sure how this work though or how useful exactly it can be)

Waker
2013-06-04, 11:01 PM
Well, if you want to be a charismatic sort without magic, Marshal is a good choice. The auras work well when you have multiple allies, including followers.

Gwazi Magnum
2013-06-04, 11:15 PM
Well, if you want to be a charismatic sort without magic, Marshal is a good choice. The auras work well when you have multiple allies, including followers.

The aura's are an entire classes investment though, and I want to remain mainly generic classes, the Paladin if the issues were fixed would only be a 2 level dip which is why I'd consider it.

Also, I want it to be uses that my main guy can use to remain useful himself. Not something that makes him the mascot of the cohorts.