PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k Free Form In the playground Rules Design, Help build it!

ShadowFireLance
2013-06-05, 12:40 AM
Due to the popular Bleach In the Playground Long time running game, I was thinking, we have a Good amount of Warhammer enthusiasts here, so, I was thinking of ways it could work.

One thing before I start with some of the rules/other stuff;
1) Please do not bring up any of the RPG's, like Dark Heresy, Deathwatch, Rogue Trader, Or Black Crusade, Unless you have something to add to the discussion (I doubt much will happen, but hey, you never know.) beyond; "Why not ____ Instead?"

On to rules/such!

My Idea is that the basic form for the game would resemble the BleachItp character form, with a few differences.

<Your character's name here>
Race: What is he? A Eldar? Dark Eldar? Tyranid? Daemon Prince?
Height: How tall is he?
Weight: What does he weigh?

Description:
Describe your character's appearence, does he have any distinguishing features? What is his skin color? etc.

Personality:
How does your character think? Is he a Remorseless Killer? A Hardened Veteran of war who won't take Crap from no one?

History: What has happened to your character in the past and made them who they are?

Equipment/Powers:
This Describes your Character's equipment, for example, a Space Marine would have a Bolter and his Power Armor, Or a Tyranid would have his Scything Talons and Venom cannon.

Race addons:

Chaos:

Daemon Prince
What Daemon Prince does your Chaos Sorcerer/Marine Serve?

Eldar

Craftworld
What Craftworld does your Eldar Come from?

Space Marines/Ultramarines
Chapter
What Chapter does your Marine Come From?

Tyranids

Hive Fleet
What Hive Fleet does your Tyranid Come from?

Squads; Give a Sentence or two on the rest of your squad, or make a full character, It's up to you.

And so on/forth, I don't know much about the other races, so...:smallredface:

Does this look interesting enough to warrant people getting on board and joining?

If not, just say so.

Thanks for looking!

Jormengand
2013-06-05, 10:15 AM
You sure this wasn't meant to be in the interest forum?
Why not D40k instead?

ShadowFireLance
2013-06-05, 12:29 PM
.....There's an interest forum?
:smallconfused:

smoke prism
2013-06-05, 04:29 PM
kan val
Race: Space marine
Height: 9 feet
Weight:

Description:
70% of kan vals body is covered in 4th degree burns. Due to this parts of his skeleton can be seen through gaps in his skin. Extensive damage to his body means that kan val no hair on any part of his body.

Personality:
kan vals near death, and subsequent recovery has lead him to adopt a zero-tolerance attitude to how people act in his presence. The only soft spot he has is to his father who died in the same fire that has scared him for life

History: Yet to come

Equipment/Powers:
This Describes your Character's equipment, for example, a Space Marine would have a Bolter and his Power Armor, Or a Tyranid would have his Scything Talons and Venom cannon.

Race addons:

Space Marines/Ultramarines
Chapter
What Chapter does your Marine Come From?

I'll do the rest of this later.

ShadowFireLance
2013-06-05, 06:40 PM
Looks pretty good! :smallcool:

Elricaltovilla
2013-06-06, 10:42 AM
.....There's an interest forum?
:smallconfused:

He means the recruitment forum. Are you trying to drum up interest for a game or trying to create the rules for the game?

ShadowFireLance
2013-06-06, 11:36 AM
Kinda both actually

Elricaltovilla
2013-06-06, 01:30 PM
Kinda both actually

Well put up a recruitment thread and I'll sign up. Ive got a hankering to play a Tau.

If I could make a suggestion, because war hammer 40k is a wargame, and the literature associated with it is based around units instead of individuals, it might be a good idea to have people submit a squad, with one member of that squad (not necessarily the CO or NCO)designated as the "Player Character."

ShadowFireLance
2013-06-06, 02:47 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15383172#post15383172

Tah Dah!