PDA

View Full Version : Scrolls! Mojang tackles the TCG

Tebryn
2013-06-05, 03:09 AM
Has anyone else here taken a look at Scrolls, Mojangs TCG/Strategy game? Sunk a few hours into the game thus far and having quite a bit of fun with it. The AI is pretty dang brutal. Haven't played against human opponents as of yet because I only have the starting deck and...chose poorly.

You get to pick Order, Energy or Nature at the start of the game. I picked Energy because it sounded like Red from MTG but...it's not really. Nature is certainly Green and Order is oddly a mix of Blue/White if we keep the MTG theme.

The Succubus
2013-06-05, 03:25 AM
I went with order myself. I'm going to try and save up for one of the other decks (Nature) and see if I can get a split setup thing going.

DocMesa, if anyone's looking to play with me. =3

Tebryn
2013-06-05, 03:39 AM
I went with order myself. I'm going to try and save up for one of the other decks (Nature) and see if I can get a split setup thing going.

DocMesa, if anyone's looking to play with me. =3

Maybe tomorrow, I'm under Vasae. How is order working out for you? Energy is SO slow. Totally not the playstyle I was thinking it'd be.

The Succubus
2013-06-05, 03:47 AM
With Order, you have to pay extremely close attention to monster placement and cooldowns. For example, certain monsters placed in the same lane confer attack and health bonuses, then you have generals, which reduce the cooldown of nearby monsters but only when their own cooldown is up.

Tebryn
2013-06-05, 03:48 AM
With Order, you have to pay extremely close attention to monster placement and cooldowns. For example, certain monsters placed in the same lane confer attack and health bonuses, then you have generals, which reduce the cooldown of nearby monsters but only when their own cooldown is up.

Ya, I've been doing a lot of trials and I've begun to notice that about Order. When Energy gets rolling it's a nightmare...though I kinda feel the Bombardment cards...are a little under powered. Those spells though. I'm saving up for Nature as well, halfway there. I'll be happy when I can make my own though. Really really enjoying the game so far. I'd REALLY like a Black style deck...undead and the like are really under represented and by that I mean...I haven't seen any thus far. Maybe call it Decay or something.

supermonkeyjoe
2013-06-05, 05:23 AM
I've been playing with the Energy deck and I'm really enjoying it so far but I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed another deck more, it really needs to give you more information before you're locked into the choice of which starter deck, like a trial game with each faction first.

Also several times I've been unable to continue playing due to bugs but I'm sure these will be ironed out fairly soon as this is open beta still.

Tebryn
2013-06-05, 01:02 PM
Ya, the bugs are a bit annoying but it's only a very starting alpha so...no complains really.