PDA

View Full Version : I'm back at square one.

mercury19
2013-06-05, 04:05 PM
So, it turns out, the Druid in our group whom I thought had abandoned us, actually hadn't meant to. In the last thread, I got the idea that Druids were overpowered, and that two might be a bit much. So I have to find another class. I'm debating between fighter, barbarian, and cleric.

I've looked into cleric a bit, and I think I'll go that way, for the magic. My big conundrums are in feats and domains. I would like to do the war domain and one other. However, I want to get proficiency with a greatsword, and Heironious likes longswords. So I asked my DM I could choose war domain without a god, and choose any martial weapon I want. I didn't get a straight answer, but I think I can.

Questions:
What feats should I get? I'm going human, so two.
What domain other than war should I get? I want to do damage.
Would it be better to multiclass into fighter, or get the one proficiency through no diety and war domain?

I'm using core only, and I'm not going for full optimization. I want power, but not overpower.
Also, I'm starting at level one, to go thought training. This is a replacement character, going to join a lv 6 rogue, lv 4 monk/lv 2 rogue, lv 7 fighter , and lv 6 druid.

Thanks, m19

OzymandiasX
2013-06-05, 04:20 PM
What domain other than war should I get? I want to do damage.
Would it be better to multiclass into fighter, or get the one proficiency through no diety and war domain?

Domains to consider:

Strength - The once per day +str isn't an awesome combat ability, but it can be very cinematic. The real advantage, imo, is Enlarge Person. RAWR! Reach and extra damage = combat monster!
Luck - If you want to be a badass fighter, never underestimate the power rerolling that '1' in a critical combat round!
Travel - ZOMG FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT! Escape grapples free! Ignore so many spell effects free!

Since clerics don't really have a ton of required feats, you may just want to spend one of your feats to get your weapon prof. Or take levels in a fighter/barbarian if you don't mind losing spell progression.

cerin616
2013-06-05, 04:38 PM
you can also take a devotion feat instead of a domain, so i might consider taking a level of fighter for the proficiency and a free fighter feat to boot (probably power attack) and then take strength domain for enlarge person and then find another domain that has spells not on the cleric list or a cool power or a free devotion feat.