PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Spells Made Arcane: How?

Emperor Tippy
2013-06-05, 06:28 PM
I need a method to make at least one Ranger only spell into an Arcane spell. It can be quite convoluted (for example, an Archivist scribing it and then turning it arcane) but it can't up the spells level and it needs to be an Arcane spell (not just cast as an Arcane spell).

If it takes 20 levels and fifteen dips along with a VoP chaos shuffle to manage it that is fine, I just need a RAW legal way to do it.

Kazyan
2013-06-05, 06:32 PM
A Wyrm Wizard takes it as their Spell Research. Done.

Emperor Tippy
2013-06-05, 06:35 PM
A Wyrm Wizard takes it as their Spell Research. Done.

Thank you, I knew that there was a way.

Now the one level of Spell-to-Power Erudite will actually help my build.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-06-05, 06:35 PM
How about ECL 8?

Wizard 2/Wyrm Wizard (DrM) 2. Spell research says that you can choose any spell and add it to your arcane spellcasting spell list (at the same level). It doesn't actually specify that it's an arcane spell, but seeing as how it's added to your arcane spellcasting list...

Xervous
2013-06-05, 09:32 PM
There's also something with artificers, any scroll they make is considered arcane for a reason or another... forgot where I heard that but it was probably on the topic of StP Eruderps.

Renegade Paladin
2013-06-05, 09:53 PM
I need a method to make at least one Ranger only spell into an Arcane spell. It can be quite convoluted (for example, an Archivist scribing it and then turning it arcane) but it can't up the spells level and it needs to be an Arcane spell (not just cast as an Arcane spell).

If it takes 20 levels and fifteen dips along with a VoP chaos shuffle to manage it that is fine, I just need a RAW legal way to do it.
If it's a divination spell, an Unseen Seer takes it as his Advanced Learning. I've done it before for sniper's shot and hunter's eye for lulzy amounts of sneak attack damage. :smalltongue: The only downside is you can't use them together, but they're useful for different situations.

shaikujin
2013-06-05, 10:19 PM
Generic spellcasters from Unearthed Arcana (also in the SRD) can learn any arcane or divine spells as arcane (or even as divine if you need it to go the other way).

Prestige Ranger is another way.

Edit: Prc Ranger way is more convoluted of course, requires a way for Divine to count as Arcane (maybe Southern Magic or Rainbow Serpent).

Turion
2013-06-05, 11:29 PM
There's also something with artificers, any scroll they make is considered arcane for a reason or another... forgot where I heard that but it was probably on the topic of StP Eruderps.

Actually, that was changed in the ECS errata. Artificer scrolls are neither arcane nor divine. Makes determining their casting stat a real brainpain... *grumble*

Gildedragon
2013-06-06, 12:04 AM
Ranger-Wizard Theurge with Alternate Spell Source.
Fascinated with nature this retired ranger pens his compendia of magical knowledge into the caves of his valley with ochre, blood, fat, and charcoal.

Umbranar
2013-06-07, 04:36 AM
Unseen seer and then choose hunters eye as bonus divination spell.

ArcaneGlyph
2013-06-07, 07:47 AM
Is there a way to somehow abuse mystic ranger from the magazines to get this to work?