CyberThread
2013-06-05, 09:12 PM
I give up you win

Annos
2013-06-05, 09:23 PM
... Shapechange...

Kelb_Panthera
2013-06-05, 09:24 PM
Even when it's plainly, clearly labeled as sarcasm; this makes my brain hurt. Especially since hiding behind a tower shield -doesn't- prevent you from being targetted by targetted spells.

eggynack
2013-06-05, 09:26 PM
Even when it's plainly, clearly labeled as sarcasm; this makes my brain hurt. Especially since hiding behind a tower shield -doesn't- prevent you from being targetted by targetted spells.
Yeah, this one just isn't doing it for me. Maybe it's that this is about the fourth thread of its type, or maybe it's that the tone is off, but my heart just isn't in it.

Gwazi Magnum
2013-06-05, 09:26 PM
So Fighters ,Really are overpowered.

Instead of using paragraphs to make my points, I am going to make a list.

1. They have the second highest HP besides Barbarians
2. They can use any armor, of any time, period. Making them more protected them some scrawny wizard wearing robes.
3. Unlike a wizard which can only cast spells sometimes , a Fighter can use mostly ANY weapon AT-WILL!!!!!
4. They get big shields, which makes it impossible to target them with spells, if they hide behind them.
5. They get a TON of feats, letting them make almost any build they want
6. They are straight forward and not very hard to make. Go fighter 20, and run up to something and hit it, with your cool AT-WILL weapons.
7.Clearly, They are tier 1, nothing can beat them, once the DM throws the book at the wizard character, after using so much cheese just to keep up with a fighers raw power.

1. Oh hi summon monster!
2. Oh hi Mage armour!
3. Oh hi lots of spells per day!
4. Oh hi shield spells! Oh hi mithral animated shields! Oh hi spells that rust through shields!
5. Oh hi wizard bonus feats!
6. Oh hi fireball, lightning bolt, scorching ray, meteor swarm etc.
7. Oh hi troll!

eggynack
2013-06-05, 09:28 PM
... Shapechange...

1. Oh hi summon monster!
2. Oh hi Mage armour!
3. Oh hi lots of spells per day!
4. Oh hi shield spells! Oh hi mithral animated shields! Oh hi spells that rust through shields!
5. Oh hi wizard bonus feats!
6. Oh hi fireball, lightning bolt, scorching ray, meteor swarm etc.
7. Oh hi troll!
Ya guys, the whole thread is clearly blue text, and is thus sarcasm. I'd generally avoid blue text on joke threads, because it spoils the mood a bit, but it's there.

Razanir
2013-06-05, 09:28 PM
Silly person... Everyone knows Fighters pale in comparison to the single most overpowered class Wizards has ever made. Yes, even more powerful than the Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil. That class is, *drumroll*, THE COMMONER!

Gwazi Magnum
2013-06-05, 09:31 PM
Ya guys, the whole thread is clearly blue text, and is thus sarcasm. I'd generally avoid blue text on joke threads, because it spoils the mood a bit, but it's there.

I know this... hence:

7. Oh hi troll!

Kazyan
2013-06-05, 09:32 PM
"Wizards aren't Tier 3" was the best version of this thread.

eggynack
2013-06-05, 09:35 PM
"Wizards aren't Tier 3" was the best version of this thread.
I have to agree. That one was fantastic. My favorite part was arguing that wizards are actually tier 7. The fact that there's still a thread that's like this, but for commoners, just makes this a bit redundant. The wizards aren't tier 3 thread hit just the right tone, and maintained it pretty consistently. I'm pretty sure that this thread's new topic is reminiscing about other joke threads.

137beth
2013-06-06, 12:00 AM
Sorry, fighters can't be that powerful. As we all know, commoners are tier 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285984). Fighters are horrible. I mean, d10 hit-dice?!? Everyone knows lower numbers are better (that's why tier 1 is the best). Fighters get to stay at tier 5 (and not tier 6), because they are tied for the best number of skill points in the game--2. Unfortunately for fighters, wizards, clerics, commoners, and sorcerers also get only 2 skill points per level, with the added bonuses of having smaller hit-dice and fewer feats. The only thing the fighter has going for it is the skills, so its stuck at tier 5.