PDA

View Full Version : Dustform Characters?

CyberThread
2013-06-06, 12:53 AM
Do you think dustform is possible for a player character to use as a template ((no Incarnate template stuff please))

Gildedragon
2013-06-06, 01:42 AM
LA +2? Workable. Not an impressive template though:
breath weapon, slam, and piddling DR. I expected amorphousness and a fly speed.

Note that you'll need to awaken construct to get an Int score... so not a factotum or wizard, unless its a maximized awakening.

Perhaps the subject of a new 'cooking show' thread? Use a template and make something fun and flavorful out of it?

The Viscount
2013-06-06, 10:24 AM
Being destroyed by a single critical hit is too dangerous in my eyes. If you play for any notable length of time, you're going to see a critical hit.

unseenmage
2013-06-06, 01:19 PM
Being destroyed by a single critical hit is too dangerous in my eyes. If you play for any notable length of time, you're going to see a critical hit.

Agreed heartily. I saw that and immediately closed the book and looked elsewhere for myself. I'm not real sure why they even bothered to put a LA on such a creature with such an obviously unplayable ability.

CyberThread
2013-06-06, 04:48 PM
Hmm....heavy fortification to prevent critical?

Glimbur
2013-06-06, 05:03 PM
Hmm....heavy fortification to prevent critical?

Too expensive for low levels. Feasible at high levels, because you will want that immunity anyway. But in an AMF you probably are now vulnerable to crits, which is a little scary.