PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Books

Yaitanos
2013-06-06, 01:21 AM
Been looking through my books and lists and notice that some of the Eberron books are not in my collection. But I'm not sure which ones. Not including adventures or articles I have:
Eberron Campaign setting
Eberron Player's guide
Secret of Xen'dric
Dragonmarked
Faiths of Eberron
Sharn city of towers
Five nations
Magic of Eberron
Races of Eberron

Am I missing any?

Regitnui
2013-06-06, 01:29 AM
Explorer's Handbook. It's an excellent book to have if you're planning a Khorvaire-spanning adventure.

Forge of War - A summary of the Last War. Reading through it and would recommend it even if your campaign has nothing to do with the War itself. Two words: Warforged Raptor.

Yaitanos
2013-06-06, 01:37 AM
Explorer's Handbook. It's an excellent book to have if you're planning a Khorvaire-spanning adventure.

Forge of War - A summary of the Last War. Reading through it and would recommend it even if your campaign has nothing to do with the War itself. Two words: Warforged Raptor.

I'll get me a copy of the forge, but I already have that handbook. For some reason I marked it as an article rather than a book. S'what I get for making a list of books after painting all day.

Regitnui
2013-06-06, 01:44 AM
Then I just think it's that one. Most my resources are online/non-sourcebook.

EDIT: A lot of the later books (e.g. MM3) have advice about adapting the contents of Eberron.

Ignominia
2013-06-06, 12:37 PM
Not including adventures, you're missing:

Explorer's Handbook
Secrets of Sarlona
The Forge of War
Dragons of Argonessen
City of Stormreach

Regitnui
2013-06-07, 04:34 AM

Explorer's Handbook
Secrets of Sarlona
The Forge of War
Dragons of Argonessen
City of Stormreach

Aiya! Why did I forget about those?

137beth
2013-06-07, 05:55 AM

Explorer's Handbook
Secrets of Sarlona
The Forge of War
Dragons of Argonessen
City of Stormreach

Out of those dragons of argonessen is my favorite. All of them can be worth it if you are an Eberron fan, though:smallsmile:

Regitnui
2013-06-07, 06:19 AM
Out of those dragons of argonessen is my favorite. All of them can be worth it if you are an Eberron fan, though:smallsmile:

Dragons of Argonessen actually provided me with the core character for one of my campaigns: Roe Farwynd. I'd recommend it to be the only book you read besides the ECS.

137beth
2013-06-07, 07:39 AM
Dragons of Argonessen actually provided me with the core character for one of my campaigns: Roe Farwynd. I'd recommend it to be the only book you read besides the ECS.

I think I might like Secrets of Xen'Drik a little more than DoA...
Traveler's curse is fun, and a lot of the mini-adventure paths in SoX are interesting for idea-mining.

On the other hand, my favorite finale to an Eberron campaign ended at the head of Eberron (described in DoA). Long story short: the Mourning was a single, massive, epic spell. We actually tried statting it out for kicks to make sure that even with all the cheese available and full WBL it was so far out of range of anything players could ever get. The spell was developed and cast by Khyber itself. Destroying Cyre was the "test case," and a more powerful version of Mourning was going to be cast on the head of Eberron, which would be enough to seriously wound the dragon between. The whole latter part of that campaign drew a lot from DoA.

Regitnui
2013-06-07, 08:00 AM
That actually ties in well to an idea I had recently. The Mournland is getting smaller, 'healing' like any wound. The Chamber killed the man who discovered this for fear it would encourage the Five Nations to try and develop the spell again, and potentially destroy the continent.

It wouldn't bring back all those who died or return the cities to their former grandeur, but animals and plants would return while the twisted Mournland animals would die out. Kinda like the aftermath of a nuclear bomb.

thethird
2013-06-07, 09:03 AM
Dragons of Argonessen is dragons of Eberron isn't it?

rot42
2013-06-08, 12:14 PM
Dragons of Argonessen is dragons of Eberron isn't it?

I got excited that perhaps I might be missing a book, but since I cannot find a DoA and the first chapter of DoE is "Dragons of Argonnessen", I am pretty sure that your supposition is correct.

Ignominia
2013-06-08, 04:33 PM
Yeah, sorry its Dragons of Eberron. I just always thought of it as Secrets of Argonessen, in keeping with the naming conventions of Secrets of Xendrik and Secrets of Sarlona.

Sorry for any confusion.

thethird
2013-06-08, 04:37 PM
I was book hunting for a couple of days! :smalltongue:

137beth
2013-06-08, 04:42 PM
Yeah, sorry its Dragons of Eberron. I just always thought of it as Secrets of Argonessen, in keeping with the naming conventions of Secrets of Xendrik and Secrets of Sarlona.

Sorry for any confusion.

Yep, me too.

I guess they just didn't call it "secrets of Argonessen" since it has information about the other continents.