PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew FFXI Qiqrins, P.E.A.C.H.

AzureNightshade
2013-06-06, 01:36 AM
I'm running a campaign based off of the FFXI world which is taking place mostly in Aht Urgan, so I had to design my own Qiqrin Race/Monster Race
These:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Qiqirn

I basically took Halflings and modified them...

+2 Dexterity, -2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom
Darkvision 60ft
Small size. +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.
A Qiqrin’s base land speed is 20 feet.
+2 racial bonus on Diplomacy, Hide, and Move Silently checks.
Racial Bonus Feat: Weapon Finesse
Scent
+1 racial bonus on attack rolls with projectile weapons.
+2 racial bonus on 1 type of Craft Check chosen at character creation, and associated appraise checks.
Favored Class: Rogue/Ranger

Racial Ability: SandSpray, As a Standard Action a Qiqrin can throw loose soil, sand, mud or similar materials in a 15 foot cone DC 10+1/2HD+Dex vs Reflex or Blinded for 2 rounds, affected creatures can use a move action to clear their vision, eyeless creatures are unaffected.

Qiqrins are quick and intelligent ratfolk having created both gunpowder and several applications of the substance (guns and bombs). They are often employed by inventors and shop keepers alike for their quick wit and deft hands. While intelligent they do not, as a whole, possess good decision making skills and are often easily duped in any situation that doesn't involve coin.

Some Qiqrins carry primitive bombs on them which are treated as the fireball spell equal to the level and saves of the Qiqrin Artificers that created them.
They also often possess single shot muskets designed to fire sling bullets and deal 2d4+1 damage. (an exotic weapon)

Deaxsa
2013-06-06, 01:57 AM
I'm running a campaign based off of the FFXI world which is taking place mostly in Aht Urgan, so I had to design my own Qiqrin Race/Monster Race
These:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Qiqirn

I basically took Halflings and modified them...

+2 Dexterity, -2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom
Darkvision 60ft
Small size. +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.
A Qiqrin’s base land speed is 20 feet.
+2 racial bonus on Diplomacy, Hide, and Move Silently checks.
Racial Bonus Feat: Weapon Finesse
Scent
+1 racial bonus on attack rolls with projectile weapons.
+2 racial bonus on 1 type of Craft Check chosen at character creation, and associated appraise checks.
Favored Class: Rogue/Ranger

Racial Ability: SandSpray, As a Standard Action a Qiqrin can throw loose soil, sand, mud or similar materials in a 15 foot cone DC 10+1/2HD+Dex vs Reflex or Blinded for 2 rounds, affected creatures can use a move action to clear their vision, eyeless creatures are unaffected.

Qiqrins are quick and intelligent ratfolk having created both gunpowder and several applications of the substance (guns and bombs). They are often employed by inventors and shop keepers alike for their quick wit and deft hands. While intelligent they do not, as a whole, possess good decision making skills and are often easily duped in any situation that doesn't involve coin.

Some Qiqrins carry primitive bombs on them which are treated as the fireball spell equal to the level and saves of the Qiqrin Artificers that created them.
They also often possess single shot muskets designed to fire sling bullets and deal 2d4+1 damage. (an exotic weapon)

stuffs: 1. there are almost no +INT races in the game that are +0LA, 0RHD. 2. you gave them DV60, scent, AND a racial bonus feat? (and not a bad one at that). honestly, i'd rate them as being a bit powerful for LA0, maybe make them LA+1, increase some small thing, and call it a day? like, for instance, buffing landspeed to 30 ft, or making the racial craft bonus +4. additionally, do they actually need a hide bonus? they already have +4 from being small. why not just make it a +0 hide, +4 move silent for +4/+4?

edit: what's with the racial ability? you (probably) want it to be RHD, not HD: the one includes class levels, the other does not (of course, i don't know if you can even take levels in humanoid if you don't have advancement for it.. why don't you ask urpriest?)

AzureNightshade
2013-06-06, 02:29 AM
ok so Remove Hide Bonus, Give +4 Move Silently, 30ft movespeed, remove Wis Negative, +1 level adjustment, deal.

The racial is meant to scale with levels, its not particularly powerful or long ranged, can't be used everywhere, and can be shrugged off with a move action, trading your standard action for (maybe) a move action when you're in their threat range already isn't always going to be the best idea. I just gave them the ability to give them an existing racial ability from the game.
Its around the power of a cantrip anyway.

AzureNightshade
2013-06-06, 02:37 AM
They arn't particularly meant for the players, although I wouldn't mind one playing one, just a chassis to dump the DMG NPC class charts on.