PDA

View Full Version : YOUR D&D Monster!

Dire Penguin
2006-12-02, 08:14 PM
I decided to do this when my sock monster avatar was created, so I thought that I would open a thread for EVERYONE to post their own monsters! This one is done straight from the monster manual format:
.................................................. .................................................. .......

Sock Monster

Tiny Construct (Baatezu, lawful)

Hit Dice: 1d10+10
Initiative: + 7
Speed: 15 (3 squares)
Armor Class: 19 (+ 4 Dex, + 3 Natural, + 2 size)
Base Attack/Grapple: + 4/+ 4
Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d4 + draining bite) OR Slam +6 melee (1d6)
Space/Reach: 2ft./2ft.
Special Attacks: Draining Bite, attach
Special Qualities: Overpowering Stench, Construct Traits, Darkvision 120ft., spell immunity, plane jump, resistance to bludgeoning
Saves: Fort + 0, Ref + 4
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 18, Con -, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 8
Skills: Spot + 8, Search + 8, Move Silently +6, Hide + 6
Feats: Improved initiative, Weapon Finesse, dodge, Improved Grapple
Environment: Any on material plane, or the 9 hells.
Organization: Pair (2), Gang (3-6), Pack (7-15), Mob (16-40)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral evil
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: -

Upon its approach a horrifying smell consumes the air around you. This creature looks like a common sock the height of a housecat. It has gleaming red eyes, tiny fangs, and stands up so its toe is made out to be a snout.
Sock Monsters were once an old retired witch’s gift to her Warlock grandson. Knitted from some old bleached Erinyes hairs the found in her attic, she went to work stitching them into a pair of socks. Upon finishing them, she enchanted them with intelligence. Why she did this nobody knows, but when the socks arrived at her grandson’s door, both socks leaped out and suffocated the boy.
Sock Monsters are social in among themselves. They form social hierarchies and even have their own government system. The system isn’t much besides obey the leader, and if the leader kicks the bucket, the sock that killed him is leader. Sock Monsters sometimes become confused when a creature besides a Sock Monster kills their current leader.

Combat

Sock monsters work as a team to bring down their enemies. They use their attach ability to suffocate an opponent, and to suck down their hit points. Sock monsters usually attack the biggest, meanest looking thing, since they have partial immunity to many spells.

Draining Bite: When a Sock Monster hits with a successful bite attack, they drain 1d2 additional pints of damage. This damage is transferred into the Sock Monsters Hit points, but cannot exceed its starting total. When attached, a Sock Monster can drain once per round.

Attach: When a Sock Monster hits with a successful bite attack, it may make a free grapple check. If it succeeds, it may stay attached and continue to drain its victim. A victim can attempt to remove a sock monster’s Grapple once per round.

Overpowering stench: A Sock Monster smells so bad, that all creatures that breath within 30 feet must succeed a DC 17 Fortitude save, or be nauseated until they are no longer 30 feet from a Sock Monster. If a creature makes the save, it doesn’t need to make another one until it leaves the stench radius and then enters it again. If a Sock Monster is grappling an opponent, he cannot draw breath.

Spell Immunity: A Sock Monster is immune to any spell or spell like ability that allows spell resistance. There is a 10% chance however that the Sock Monster can be affected normally however. Sock Monsters CAN be subject to mind affecting spells, but there is only the 10% chance it will work.

Resistance to Bludgeoning: A Sock Monster has Damage resistance 10 against all bludgeoning weapons, and spells that deal bludgeoning damage.

Plane Jump: Sock Monsters can jump from the material plane to any of the 9 layers of hell at will. The process however, requires 30 seconds of silent concentration. If interrupted, the ability fails, and the sock monster has to try all over again. This prevents it from chickening out of combat.

When slain, a Sock Monster’s eyes and fangs vanish, and it turns into an ordinary sock. The effect of the stench is still there but can be purged, unlike when the Sock Monster is alive. The socks left behind can be worn as normal socks, but when put on they give the wearer 1d4 points of temporary ability damage to ALL attributes. The effect remains until the socks are removed, and the socks CANNOT be removed except by a Remove Curse spell. Sock Monster socks fetch up a market price of about 500gp per pair, but are outlawed in almost every good city.

Construction

The following process can construct sock Monsters.
Items needed: Hairs of an Erinyes, crushed Rubies
Spells needed: animate object

There requires a ceremony to give the socks intelligence. This requires an 8-hour period or chanting and concentration, as well as 500 gold worth of crushed rubies per sock in ceremony. When created the Sock Monsters instantly use their Plane Jump Ability to go seek out the master socks on the Hells.

.................................................. .................................................. .............................

That's MY Monster...anybody else?

Diabhan
2006-12-02, 08:21 PM
I thoroughly enjoy the sock monster. I was wondering if you were going to do one since I saw SM on the avi request thread. Nice Job!!!

Hopefully I can create one that can live up to the wonderful prereq of the SM

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-12-03, 12:21 AM
Shouldn't this go in Homebrew?

DArKandEViL
2006-12-03, 08:56 AM
I agree, this is more of a home-brew Dn'D thing, So mods could you kindly please move this?

Construction

The following process can construct sock Monsters.
Items needed: Hairs of an Erinyes, crushed diamonds
Spells needed: animate object

There requires a ceremony to give the socks intelligence. This requires an 8-hour period or chanting and concentration, as well as 500 gold worth of crushed rubies per sock in ceremony. When created the Sock Monsters instantly use their Plane Jump Ability to go seek out the master socks on the Hells.

Is it crushed diamonds or rubies?

Dire Penguin
2006-12-03, 09:44 AM
Didn't know homebrew had this thing. I'd be perfectly fine if you Mods took it off to there. It should be crushed Rubies, so i'll change that.

McDeath
2006-12-03, 11:34 PM
Moved to Homebrew in 3...2...42...

Pretty funny. Could you do the stats for a swarm?

Myatar_Panwar
2006-12-04, 12:19 AM
Maybe you could have an arts and crafts thread showing pictures of the monsters they made?

The_Cowinator
2006-12-05, 08:11 PM
It's...so...malicious...evil...smelly...

Can't...go...on...

Save...yourselves...

*dies*

Anyways, what you really need is SR. Just 10 or so.