PDA

View Full Version : DM Resources

Gerrtt
2013-06-06, 10:12 AM
Any DMs out there have favorite resources that they use to keep track of players statistics?

I'm thinking about some kind of spreadsheet/graph/table that I could put in the front pocket of my DM binder/screen that has each players HP/AC/Saves/etc. I've tried making one myself, but I don't love what I've come up with...wondering if someone else has something so I don't have to re-invent the wheel.

Or, if you have any other bookkeeping/record keeping tools, what are those?

Oryan77
2013-06-06, 12:34 PM
I used to keep track of only the PC stats that I needed to reference while I DMed a game. I made some little stat sheets that only contained the info I needed and I printed it out and paper clipped it to my DM screen.

Now, I use Maptool displayed on an LCD TV that lays flat on the table as a battlemat. I use miniatures on top of it, but since I'm using Maptool to display the maps, I still use tokens within Maptool.

The tokens allow us to use vision and fog of war. They are also place markers for the minis so that we can zoom in & out of the map, or move the map around, and then place the minis back on top of the tokens or just position the map back to its original spot under the minis.

The reason I mention Maptool and tokens though, is that I no longer use the stat sheet on my DM screen. Each token contains these stats now and all I have to do is mouse over the token and the stats pop up in the corner of the screen. It's a very convenient way to reference PS stats during the game.

nedz
2013-06-06, 06:17 PM
I don't — I have players for that.