PDA

View Full Version : X-Crawl: Orchestra's Dungeon of Peril (QC's IC)

cameronpants
2013-06-06, 02:39 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk125/Ryuujin-sama/DM%20stuff%20for%20a%20game/xcrawl-logo_zps4b164115.gif

Welcome, one and all, to Season 7's Qualification Games, sponsored and produced by the X-Crawl Network, affiliated with World of Adventure!

--------------------------------------------
TEAM
{table=head]|
Name |
Character|
Race |
Class |
1st|
Danakir Odeiron |
Maria Makarov (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=581520)|
Human |
Heartbound // Human Paragon |
2nd|
Snowfire |
Martina Makarov (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=581516)|
Human|
Heartbound // Beguiler |[/table]

--------------------------------------------
It was early on a Wednesday morning when you lowered yourselves down into the dark ravine. Standing nearby was a slim, barely-stocked wood-and-wool wayside inn. Another dozen Qualifiers were staying there, most having completed the dungeon in the last few days. Rumors abounded about how hard, easy, dangerous, boring, silly, or scary it was. No two groups seemed to face the same challenges either. There was a multitude of paths one could take, and each was a different level of danger.

As the ravine narrows out, a passageway to the south appears. Its floor is a ramp leading down in a spiral. You walk for about a minute, and eventually it opens into a twenty by twenty foot room. Inside are four doors, each with a padlock. Each padlock is surrounded by wavy, wiggly blue light. A note on the floor in the center of the room catches your eye.

WELCOME PROSPECTIVE ADVENTURER

ARE YOU READY FOR FUN. ARE YOU READY FOR FEAR.
LOOK NO FURTHUR. DJ ORCHESTRA IS HERE.

BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE. ONE TRAP AT A TIME.
SENDING HOME ADVENTURERERS. WITHOUT A SINGLE DIME.

TURNING LOOSE DANGER. DESTROYING ALL WHO DARE
ENTER ORCHESTRA'S KINGDOM, HIS SACRED ****ING LAIR.

Rules:

Make it to the green room at the far end of the dungeon. Pull the giant lever with the dwarven symbol for 'END' on it.

No leaving the dungeon once you read this note.

Surrender rules are in effect, but indigenous creatures here do not know that. Our referees will try to get you out.

Take the Key next to the door you want to start with. Once you do, the other keys will disappear- you have to choose the path you start on. Good Luck

Also, ther...

The rest is illegible due to water damage.

Danakir
2013-06-06, 03:16 PM
"Stay classy, Orchestra." despite her slight bit of fond sarcasm, Maria was extremely excited for this opportunity. So much so that she'd even designed a dashing costume for both herself and her sibling in preparation for this day. She'd made sure the chain shirts they had both been procured with wouldn't hide too much of her efforts and her lips were pulled wide into a genuine smile.

She couldn't wait to see what lies ahead "Hey, sis, where do you think is home for 'adventurerers'?" she giggled at her own joke and then clicked her tongue, taking in the rules as best she could. Except part of it was ruined by water damage.

"Hey, Martina! North America to Martina. Stop daydreaming about faeries for five minutes, your beloved big sister needs you." she smirked playfully and thumbed at the note on the floor "I can't figure what the last part is supposed to say. Can you?" she sounded confident that her twin could do it.

There was genuine affection in the way she spoke to her pink-haired partner.

Snowfire
2013-06-06, 04:06 PM
Every step of the way, the same thought ran through her head. Why the hell did I let her talk me into this? There were a multitude of answers really, the main one being she really, really wanted to continue her studies, and making the assignment dates whilst keeping up with two only-just-part-time jobs was getting progressively harder. She needed the money. Apparently X-Crawl could deliver - if it didn't kill them of course. She was still pretty sure that she was going to regret it though. Somehow.

Leaning down to read the message, she rolled her shoulders in the...costume...that Maria had designed for her. Ok, she'd admit it, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as what she'd feared Maria might do, but still. Pink hair. Why of all things did it have to be pink. Hair. She murmured an indistinct response to her sister's joke, focusing on the words more. Well, it looked like the extra language classes she'd been taking would pay off at least a little. Considering X-Crawl, there'd likely be several levers.

The next words, however, penetrated quite clearly, and she snapped to her feet to glare at Maria. That wasn't fair! She was trying to concentrate!

"Sis, just because you spend every spare waking moment drooling over those posters on your wall doesn't mean I have to act the same." She snarked, patting her brown-haired sibling on the head. She looked down at the note again as the rest of what Maria had said penetrated, and then nodded. "I think so. It doesn't seem to have taken that much damage - and water damage usually isn't too bad. I'll need some time though." She crouched down, peering intently at the damaged section, then added without looking up.

"Without you distracting me." She snickered. "You can do that, right?"

Taking 20 on a Decipher Script check to work out what the rest of the note says.

cameronpants
2013-06-06, 04:41 PM
...e is one other team active at the same time as you. You may work together, fight each other, or sort out a compromise as you see fit.

Looting is Enabled, but seeing as how old this dungeon is, there are very few hidden treasures left to find. If you do so, you get bonus style points.

Highest point total wins- not the necessarily the quickest team. Points come from kills, trap bypasses, treasure finding, and team versus team combats.

There is a compartment above each door that contains a treasure. First team to take it gets it.

Good luck, adventurers!

At the bottom is a disclaimer detailing how anything done within the confines of this dungeon is legally allowed to be showed on blooper reels and half-time shows during the Finals.

Snowfire
2013-06-06, 05:42 PM
"Huh." Martina laughs. "Maria, don't touch those keys. If I'm reading this right, there're treasures above each of the doors." She stands, brushing her hair out of her eyes in a practiced motion, and makes her way towards one of the doors.

"Oh, and there's also another team in here with us. We can work together, fight, or work out some other compromise if we want. The rules don't care. There's apparently a few hidden treasures left in the dungeon - if we find any, that's style points. Other points come from kills, trap bypasses, y'know, the usual." She chuckles, reaching out to ruffle her sister's hair. "Of course, you already know all that, don't you."

Search checks for compartments above the doors.

Door 1: [roll0]

Door 2: [roll1]

Door 3: [roll2]

Door 4: [roll3]

Well those sucked.

She takes 10.

cameronpants
2013-06-06, 06:28 PM
"Huh." Martina laughs. "Maria, don't touch those keys. If I'm reading this right, there're treasures above each of the doors." She stands, brushing her hair out of her eyes in a practiced motion, and makes her way towards one of the doors.

"Oh, and there's also another team in here with us. We can work together, fight, or work out some other compromise if we want. The rules don't care. There's apparently a few hidden treasures left in the dungeon - if we find any, that's style points. Other points come from kills, trap bypasses, y'know, the usual." She chuckles, reaching out to ruffle her sister's hair. "Of course, you already know all that, don't you."

Search checks for compartments above the doors.

Door 1: [roll0]

Door 2: [roll1]

Door 3: [roll2]

Door 4: [roll3]

Well those sucked.

She takes 10.

You only need to take 10 on the third door; you get a +4 bonus for knowing there are compartments.

Two of the compartments are empty. Door one's compartment contains a slender steel rod, about nine inches long. Door three's compartment contains a silver dagger.

Danakir
2013-06-06, 08:06 PM
"It's sure great that you can still read this stuff. Cause I sure can't be arsed!" she laughed playfully, making a face as she's chastised and then nodding "Fine, fine, take your time." she waited for the auditory transcript, nodding along and then grinning feverishly.

"Treasure! Let's-awww. You stole my thunder." she nudged her sides good-naturedly, moving along with her sister to help as best she can and making a cute growling motion when her hair is ruffled "Course I know, unlike a certain someone I took the liberty to look into a certain DJ's past crawls!" she stuck her chest out proudly. "We'll need to make sure we can get more points than the other team." she commented as they moved around opening the various compartments.

Once they're done, she looked between the treasure and her twin, the redhead nearly bouncing in excitement "Is it magic? Is it?" she asked of the beguiling magician.

She'll Aid Another her sister with her Spellcraft roll to determine what kind of magic is there if any using Detect Magic.

[roll0]

If it's 10+, then she'll get a +2 on her check.

Snowfire
2013-06-07, 11:04 AM
"And, unlike a certain someone, I turned in my assignments last night on time." Martina replied, smirking slightly as she brought her hand up across her eyes. "Now let's see..."

Light flashed behind her hand, and when it moved away her eyes were framed in a faint prismatic glow.

"Give me a moment to check, pest." She focused on the two items, running her fingers along them as she checked for the mundane and magical cues that would reveal if they were enchanted - and if so, hopefully how. Even though her words could be seen as harsh though, there was a deep affection in them. Then again, that could be expected from sisters.

Cast Detect Magic, Spellcraft to identify:

Rod: [roll0]

Dagger: [roll1]

cameronpants
2013-06-07, 11:17 AM
"And, unlike a certain someone, I turned in my assignments last night on time." Martina replied, smirking slightly as she brought her hand up across her eyes. "And give me a moment to check, sister-dear."

Light flashed behind her hand, and when it moved away her eyes were framed in a faint prismatic glow.

"Give me a moment to check, pest." She focused on the two items, running her fingers along them as she checked for the mundane and magical cues that would reveal if they were enchanted - and if so, hopefully how. Even though her words could be seen as harsh though, there was a deep affection in them. Then again, that could be expected from sisters.

Cast Detect Magic, Spellcraft to identify:

Rod: [roll0]

Dagger: [roll1]

The rod has a moderate aura of illusion and the dagger has universal and evocation, both moderate. Looking closer, the metal rod has etchings of ghosts on it and the dagger has a shallow blood groove down the blade. Along the groove are tiny holes. The handle of the dagger is hollow, but without further experimentation you cant open it.

Snowfire
2013-06-08, 03:43 PM
"The dagger's got universal and evocation on it. That...probably means enhancement and something elemental, but I could be wrong. Never seen a dagger like that before. Regardless, it's yours." Martina pressed the silver weapon into her sister's hand. "Use it instead of your Kukri. If it's got an active enchantment, you'll notice. As to this..." She held up the rod.

"I have no idea. It's got Illusion, same strength as the dagger, but apart from that I guess I'll just have to find out." She twirled the silver item like a baton - trick she'd learnt from Maria actually. "Just don't get in front it. You might end up looking like a rabbit. Or worse."

Going to see about getting the rod to trigger. Wave it about a bit, try a few common command words, that sort of thing. If none of that works, she'll try casting Ghost Sound 'through' it to see if that does anything.

Danakir
2013-06-08, 03:47 PM
"Looks valuable to me. I'll give it a whirl." she put away her kukri, slipping it into her belt and replacing it with the silver dagger, giving it a few experimental thrusts as if to determine whether she can figure out any of its special properties.

"Yeeeeeeeeah." she jumped behind Martina, smiling mischievously "I'll be moral support! Good luck, sis." she was playing around, but still. That brat!

Let me know if/when Maria figures anything out about the silver dagger.

cameronpants
2013-06-09, 01:31 AM
"The dagger's got universal and evocation on it. That...probably means enhancement and something elemental, but I could be wrong. Never seen a dagger like that before. Regardless, it's yours." Martina pressed the silver weapon into her sister's hand. "Use it instead of your Kukri. If it's got an active enchantment, you'll notice. As to this..." She held up the rod.

"I have no idea. It's got Illusion, same strength as the dagger, but apart from that I guess I'll just have to find out." She twirled the silver item like a baton - trick she'd learnt from Maria actually. "Just don't get in front it. You might end up looking like a rabbit. Or worse."

Going to see about getting the rod to trigger. Wave it about a bit, try a few common command words, that sort of thing. If none of that works, she'll try casting Ghost Sound 'through' it to see if that does anything.

As you roll the wand through your fingers, you get a flash of inspiration. Perhaps the DJ who built this dungeon had some sway in choosing the command word to activate it.

Thinking upon that, you cast Ghost Sound to attempt to replicate one of the more common activation words used with wands- and the wand functions. Choose a target between yourself and your sister.

"Looks valuable to me. I'll give it a whirl." she put away her kukri, slipping it into her belt and replacing it with the silver dagger, giving it a few experimental thrusts as if to determine whether she can figure out any of its special properties.

"Yeeeeeeeeah." she jumped behind Martina, smiling mischievously "I'll be moral support! Good luck, sis." she was playing around, but still. That brat!

Let me know if/when Maria figures anything out about the silver dagger.

I sure will.

Snowfire
2013-06-09, 05:18 AM
As you roll the wand through your fingers, you get a flash of inspiration. Perhaps the DJ who built this dungeon had some sway in choosing the command word to activate it.

Thinking upon that, you cast Ghost Sound to attempt to replicate one of the more common activation words used with wands- and the wand functions. Choose a target between yourself and your sister.

Targeting myself.

cameronpants
2013-06-09, 12:32 PM
Targeting myself.

You are under the effects of Ventriloquism for one minute.

Danakir
2013-06-09, 02:50 PM
Not noticing anything happening outward, Maria poked Martina on the cheek curiously "Feel any different?"

Snowfire
2013-06-09, 03:10 PM
"Not really. What about you, sis?" Martina's voice sounds, behind Maria.

Danakir
2013-06-09, 03:29 PM
She startled at that, nearly slashing the dagger behind her but managing to stop herself as she noticed the empty air there.

Then she looked back at her mischievous little sister with a deadpan expression "That wasn't funny! Is that... the rod's doing?" she asked tentatively, she didn't know as much about her sibling's brand of magic as she might've liked to.

"Ugh, so what door do you think we should pick?" she tried to change the subject, a little embarrassed she got so caught up in Martina's trick.

Snowfire
2013-06-09, 03:46 PM
"What out, watch out, Martina's all about!" Her sister's voice called, with each word the source changing to a different location. The -barely - younger girl turned to face Maria, face split in a massive grin. "And it totally was." A whisper in her ear spoke next. "And you know it."

The taller girl twirled the wand in her hand again, then slid it between her belt. "Yeah, that was the wand. I have to admit, I like what it does." The grin still hadn't disappeared as she turned towards the keys.

"Which door? I have no idea." And then, coming from where the keys lay. "But this's your thing. So I say you pick."

Danakir
2013-06-09, 05:22 PM
She pinched the taller pink-haired woman's cheeks lightly, squeezing and tugging at them with a small glare "What happened to my shy and adorable little Martina? You've been spending time with the wrong sort of people, haven't you? You make your big sister soooooo sad." she teased and then let go, making a big show of acting sad and wounded.

"You're so rebellious now~" she sauntered over to the southern door "This one. I've got a good feeling about it!" she grinned slyly.

cameronpants
2013-06-10, 02:24 AM
The door is made of iron. Above this door is where the ghost-etched wand was found. The key hanging next to the door is also iron and unremarkable. It slides into the keyhole in the center of the door silently and turns with a crisp click. The door swings open away from you leading into a shadowy room illuminated by torches along the walls. It is a dozen paces wide and twice as long, and on the far side (some 80ft away) is another door- wooden by the looks of it. The room's ceiling is about twelve or fifteen feet high, and is vaulted. There are no features in the room other than some rubble and two scorch marks on the floor not far from the iron door before you.

A gentle wind whispers out of the room carrying a ghostly echo.

Hidden speakers crackle to life from within the Start Zone:

"The Adventurers have chosen the Ghostly Crypt!" it says in a gloomy way.

Danakir
2013-06-10, 06:14 PM
"Brr, chilly." she peered around the tall room, rubbing her arms a bit as if she felt a chill wind tickle at her skin. Focusing herself however, she observed the scorched marks on the floor, wondering whether it might be some sort of trap.

"A crypt, our favorite." she said sarcastically, motioning Martina closer "Those are kind of suspicious, whatcha think?"

Search check: [roll0]

cameronpants
2013-06-11, 02:06 AM
"Brr, chilly." she peered around the tall room, rubbing her arms a bit as if she felt a chill wind tickle at her skin. Focusing herself however, she observed the scorched marks on the floor, wondering whether it might be some sort of trap.

"A crypt, our favorite." she said sarcastically, motioning Martina closer "Those are kind of suspicious, whatcha think?"

Search check: [roll0]

Maria creeps into the room, keeping her eyes peeled for tripwires, plates, and other common trap triggers. She finds none up to the scorch marks, including the tiles they are on. The walls up to that point are also devoid of traps.

The scorch marks, on closer inspection, turn out to be an oily residue left there from something aflame- the tiles themselves are unharmed.

Danakir
2013-06-11, 02:24 AM
"Looks all clear to me. Maybe... alchemist fire, I think. What about ya, sis?" she looked up over her shoulder at the slim and athletic woman behind her, blowing some ginger hair out of her slightly tense visage.

That was their way, always use both pair of eyes just to be safe. This kind of teamwork is how they'd gotten scouted for this qualifying game in the first place.

Snowfire
2013-06-11, 03:42 PM
"Too clear by half." Martina replies, stepping forward carefully, eyes skimming the stonework intently. "Maybe Alchemist's Fire, maybe something else. Let's...see..." She trailed off, all attention focused on ensuring that there was nothing harmful hidden by the obvious burns.

Search: [roll0]

Annnd, taking 10 as well.

cameronpants
2013-06-11, 04:58 PM
"Too clear by half." Martina replies, stepping forward carefully, eyes skimming the stonework intently. "Maybe Alchemist's Fire, maybe something else. Let's...see..." She trailed off, all attention focused on ensuring that there was nothing harmful hidden by the obvious burns.

Search: [roll0]

Annnd, taking 10 as well.

Martina agrees with her sister's observation: there are no obvious traps here. Of course, there was always a chance that a magical sensor down the hall was watching this area, or perhaps an infrared camera above the far door. Marina was well-versed with Orchestra's traps: they were never simple and rarely straightforward. Everything was a clue. However, considering that this was now an unkempt qualifier's Dungeon for potential adventurers, her knowledge of how Orchestra make his dungeons was of little use.

Danakir
2013-06-12, 08:13 AM
Standing up and dusting herself off, she pulled her dagger back in hand and moved forward slightly "Into the breach, then. Let's do it like usual." and so they moved deeper in, each woman watching for the other's back, the twins wary of what might come next from the devious DJ.

Passively taking 10 on Spot.

Snowfire
2013-06-12, 02:13 PM
"You say that like we've done this before..." Martina replied quietly, moving up with her sister nonetheless. At each other's backs. That was how they'd always been. Some things just never seemed to change.

Passively taking 10 on Spot too

cameronpants
2013-06-12, 02:51 PM
As you advance down the hallway a whisper begins to emit from under the door. It seems to be whispering your names over and over again. When you are about halfway into the room, the door you came in closes on its own accord. At the same moment the torches along the walls all go out in unison.

The whispering of your names suddenly gets louder.

Snowfire
2013-06-12, 03:12 PM
"Classy." Martina chuckles sarcastically, raising her hand and then snapping it open in a single sharp motion. "Lights."

A shimmering wave of multicolored light sweeps up her hand before bursting into four orbs of light that she sends sweeping out around them to illuminate as wide an area as possible.

Dancing Lights, continuing passive Spot.

Danakir
2013-06-12, 03:17 PM
Maria couldn't help but get taken in a little by the atmosphere, yelping quietly as the lights go out and clinging to her sister, clearing her throat awkwardly when she produced magical illumination "Ah... I'm so glad you know how to do that right now." she giggled with a bright blush, letting go of Martina and doing her best to act cool once more.

A little afraid of the dark?

cameronpants
2013-06-12, 03:48 PM
You both notice that the door you came in is now gone. Across from it, the door on the far side of the room, now stands open.

The torches along the wall have been replaced with real-looking limbs, some freshly dripping blood and others tinged green with fake "zombie" green. They are all grasping at nothing above them, some making soft scratching noises at the wall. The next room is just as dark and you think you hear movement in there.

Snowfire
2013-06-12, 06:27 PM
Martina ruffled her sister's hair again, shaking her head at Maria's still present fear of the dark.

"Aren't you lucky you have a sister like me." She said softly. Then her gaze sharpened, fixing on the room ahead, and she smiled slowly. This was a smile Maria knew quite well - and the fact that it seemed to be aimed at something other than her was somewhat of a relief.

"To the door, then lets see if I can't draw whatever's in there out." She said quietly - avoiding whispers, as they were far easier to hear than a low almost-growl of a tone. She moved forward, keeping the wall between herself and line of sight of whatever might be in the room beyond, and metal whispered on leather as she drew her sword.

"Ready?" She motioned the question once Maria took up position opposite her.

Danakir
2013-06-13, 12:13 AM
"Maybe a little lucky." she answered with puffed cheeks, doing her best not to let it get to her as she tried to affect maturity and elegance once more, gazing at the room ahead warily.

"Alright, right behind you." she promised, acting as her sister's shadow, following in her footsteps and then standing on the other side of the door, rapier and dagger in hand, ready to hit hard and fast as soon as anything came out the door.

The silver dagger gleamed ominously as she flashed a confident and knowing smile to Martina "We were born ready."

Let us know if they get an Attack of Opportunity!

cameronpants
2013-06-13, 01:06 AM
The rustling in the adjacent room continues but does not draw closer. The dancing lights bobbing around you cast flickering light into the room. It is square, about thirty feet per side. In the center of the room is a raised dais upon which is a simple shrine. It is coated in profane runes which are written in what looks like blood. Shuffling around and around the raised dais are two pale humanoids. One has long, patchy black hair and the other is bald.

Make Knowledge (Religion) and Knowledge (Local) Checks.

Snowfire
2013-06-13, 12:36 PM
Undead. Lovely. Martina thought, raising her left hand and sending the four lights spinning into the room ahead of them. The lights flashed around the zombies once, drawing their attention, and then hurled themselves back across the space between the altar and the door, sketching a path for their enemies to follow and ending back around the two sisters. No way was she letting them go without light.

Move lights forward, spin them around the undead, bring them back to us. If that won't grab their attention, I don't know what will.

Danakir
2013-06-13, 12:57 PM
"It's just two zombies, let's go in and put them down if they don't take the bait." she suggested, seemingly not too worried. She was confident they could handle that minor threat together. Perhaps a little overconfident even.

cameronpants
2013-06-13, 01:53 PM
Undead. Lovely. Martina thought, raising her left hand and sending the four lights spinning into the room ahead of them. The lights flashed around the zombies once, drawing their attention, and then hurled themselves back across the space between the altar and the door, sketching a path for their enemies to follow and ending back around the two sisters. No way was she letting them go without light.

Move lights forward, spin them around the undead, bring them back to us. If that won't grab their attention, I don't know what will.

The shambling creatures look up at the lights spinning around them, their face never changing from slack-jawed wonder. After the lights leave the room they stand for a moment completely still, then go back to circling the shrine.

Danakir
2013-06-13, 02:13 PM
"Figures." nodding to her partner and preparing herself for the coming clash, the Heartbound twins move together with incredible synchronization, every step in alignment with the other's heartbeat until at last they each stand on one side of the closest zombie.

Without further warning or hesitation, Maria unleashes her deadly whirl of steel, striking hard and fast "Martina!" she cries out, telling her sister to take advantage of the creature being unbalanced.

Main Hand: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Off-hand: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Usually I'd add crit confirm rolls and such, but I'm assuming they're immune. Also I forgot to add the bonus to damage from Beating As One to the off-hand dagger attack. So the damage should be one higher.

Current Stance: Martial Spirit

Snowfire
2013-06-13, 02:29 PM
Moving in step with her sister was easy, the twins had become used to it from a very young age. And from that...well. Maria's blades sliced and spun, knocking their foe back towards Martina, and the younger twin stepped forward, thrusting her blade forward at her target in a single flowing motion, aiming to hit it right in the back.

Longsword: [roll0]

Designating other zombie as dodge target.

cameronpants
2013-06-13, 03:06 PM
"Figures." nodding to her partner and preparing herself for the coming clash, the Heartbound twins move together with incredible synchronization, every step in alignment with the other's heartbeat until at last they each stand on one side of the closest zombie.

Without further warning or hesitation, Maria unleashes her deadly whirl of steel, striking hard and fast "Martina!" she cries out, telling her sister to take advantage of the creature being unbalanced.

Usually I'd add crit confirm rolls and such, but I'm assuming they're immune. Also I forgot to add the bonus to damage from Beating As One to the off-hand dagger attack. So the damage should be one higher.

Current Stance: Martial Spirit

Moving in step with her sister was easy, the twins had become used to it from a very young age. And from that...well. Maria's blades sliced and spun, knocking their foe back towards Martina, and the younger twin stepped forward, thrusting her blade forward at her target in a single flowing motion, aiming to hit it right in the back.

Longsword: [roll0]

Designating other zombie as dodge target.

The perfectly synchronized onslaught of the sisters is no match for the walking corpse and it is cut down in a split second. The other creature turns and lurches forward with unbelievable speed.

Attack roll [roll0], Damage [roll1]
If you are hit, make a Fortitude save.

Snowfire
2013-06-13, 03:44 PM
The attack of the second undead doesn't even come close, Martina sweeping it's attacks aside with her blade and then stepping into it like she had the first one, blade flashing forward to drive through its midsection in a flash of razored steel.

"All yours, sis."

Sapphire Nightmare Blade

Concentration vs AC: [roll0]
If successful, target is flat-footed vs my attack and I deal [roll1] additional damage. If I fail, -2 to my attack roll.

Attack: [roll2]

Danakir
2013-06-13, 03:54 PM
Maria weaved out of the way of the assault and positioned herself once more so that she could benefit from her sister's vicious stance, effectively flanking their common foe between an harassing storm of steel and silver, the elegant yet exultant young adventurer laughing as she felt the the weight of her blade cutting into dead flesh, twisting it so as to tear at the wicked zombie's rotten meat.

"What are you looking at, dummy!?" she taunted it, even if it probably didn't care, trying to help her sibling land her finishing blow.

5-foot step to flank. Then she'll use her Leading the Attack maneuver.

So that'll be +4 to Martina's attack roll assuming Maria hits.

cameronpants
2013-06-13, 04:01 PM
Martina's blade sweeps in, she realizes her prediction of the zombie's movements was accurate but her aim was not. She sweeps wide and it steps in close, blade catching on its shirt. Meanwhile, Maria's blade stabs cleanly through it's back, the point pushing out the cloth by the zombie's sternum.

Its eyes, ever-dead, lock on to Martina's as it bites at her.

Attack Roll: [roll0], Damage [roll1]

Snowfire
2013-06-13, 05:00 PM
Martina stifled a cry as the undead's attack found purchase, teeth digging through the chain link she wore, and she swore mentally - even as her sword stabbed out again, determined to put an end to her foe.

Fort save: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Hp: 8/12

Danakir
2013-06-13, 05:05 PM
"You *******! C'mere!" she lashed out violently, shoving both blades right through the creatures gut and then gutting it open like a fish "How do you like me now!?" the display would pull Martina together, granting her a rush of adrenaline that made her wounds feel as if they weren't all that bad after all.

It was incredible how inspiring Maria could be, when she put in the effort!

Full Attack.

Main-Hand: [roll0]

For every attack that hits, Martina heals 2 HP thanks to Maria's current Stance.

cameronpants
2013-06-13, 07:02 PM
Martina heals 2 hp and drops to your second attack.

Marina's blades find deadened flesh and she cuts the monstrous, walking corpose down. She notices the rest of the room's layout.

There is a door in the center of each wall- you emerged from the Eastern door. Other than the dais, shrine, and runes, there are no features to this 12-foot vaulted ceiling room.

Danakir
2013-06-13, 10:54 PM
Without actually touching anything, Maria takes the time to get a better look at the shrine, wondering if it has any significance. She also observes their choices of doors for any distinguishing or notable features.

Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0]
Knowledge (Religion): [roll1]

Let me know if anything else might be relevant.

cameronpants
2013-06-14, 12:12 PM
Without actually touching anything, Maria takes the time to get a better look at the shrine, wondering if it has any significance. She also observes their choices of doors for any distinguishing or notable features.

Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0]
Knowledge (Religion): [roll1]

Let me know if anything else might be relevant.

The symbols are much newer than the rest of the dungeon and seem to mean absolutely nothing- perhaps meant to be merely a feature for those watching at home.

Danakir
2013-06-14, 12:21 PM
"Mmm, let's go forward." there wasn't any clue as to what they should expect next, so she figured she might as well just pick whichever door she fancied. Approaching said ingress into the next room, she nodded to her sibling "Want to check it?"

Snowfire
2013-06-14, 02:59 PM
"I think I'll check the other one first." Martina replied with a smile, retracing her steps back to the door through which they'd entered and checking above it for both compartment or any traps.

Take 10 on Search to see if there's a compartment and then, if so, check for traps. And rolling to check too. Only takes 2 rounds.

[roll0]

cameronpants
2013-06-15, 01:02 AM
"I think I'll check the other one first." Martina replied with a smile, retracing her steps back to the door through which they'd entered and checking above it for both compartment or any traps.

Take 10 on Search to see if there's a compartment and then, if so, check for traps. And rolling to check too. Only takes 2 rounds.

[roll0]

Martina finds no traps or compartment above the door they entered by.

Snowfire
2013-06-17, 07:21 AM
Martina thought for a second as she found nothing, then returned to her sister.

"Maria?" She asked. "That note at the start, do you think it just applied to the room it was in?" Maria knew a lot more about the habits of Crawl DJs than she did, so it made sense to ask her.

Danakir
2013-06-17, 05:19 PM
"Definitely. Except the part about there still being treasure hidden around. They wouldn't do the same trick over and over, it'd be boring for the audience y'know?" she lectured proudly and then leaned closer with a sly grin "Betcha didn't know that. And here I went to the trouble of lending you my collection~" she teased, nudging her sister and then turning back to face the northern door.

"If you don't see anything suspicious, let's go deeper in!" she sounded positively thrilled.

cameronpants
2013-06-18, 01:22 AM
The northern door is unlocked. The latch is made to look authentic, but pieces have chipped away and underneath the real-looking bronze coat is a hard, dense plastic. Mist can be seen whisping into the room you stand in from under the door. As you reach for the handle the door shudders and faint moans can be heard from the other side.

"...help... help us... HELP...." the moans and sob-soaked begging get louder until they are cut off abruptly and the door goes still once more.

Danakir
2013-06-20, 04:00 AM
"...sounds promising." she mumbled, her enthusiasm somewhat tempered by the eerie display, even as she gave her sibling one last look to make sure there weren't any nasty traps she could spot.

Assuming nothing else odd happened, Maria pushed the door open, staying to the side of it and peeking inside warily "Mhr."

She really didn't like this whole gothic horror aesthetic they were going for. Gave her the creeps.

cameronpants
2013-06-20, 08:11 AM
The door led to a fifteen-foot-wide hallway. The hallway stretched out ahead into the darkness, and there was a left branch ten feet in. The walls had chains and manacles on them, and as the door opened they rattled as if a disembodied presence was caught there.

Standing at the T-intersection ahead was a skeleton in half-plate and holding a greatsword. Its head angles towards you but it remains still.

Snowfire
2013-06-26, 04:40 PM
Martina peeked through the door with her sister, breath catching at the sight of the armoured skeleton. That...probably wouldn't be pleasant to fight. Then again, pleasant fights weren't really the name of the game here. Of course, her illusions would be all but useless if directed against such a creature, so that put a lot of her abilities out of use. So...what then.

"Any ideas, sister dear?" She asked quietly. "I can probably get us past it by making an illusion of a wall to cover us, but that might not work. Personally I'd rather not fight something like that..."

Danakir
2013-06-28, 03:22 AM
"We might not have a choice. And we'll get less points if we just bypass it..." she mused aloud, sizing up the dread skeleton with a soft sigh.

"If anyone's manipulating it directly, we might not be able to fool it. Maybe we should try another door?" she didn't seem lacking in confidence. After all, if they couldn't win their fights, then what was the point of even trying to get into the big leagues?

cameronpants
2013-07-02, 02:32 PM
Checking the other doors, the sisters find that they are all now locked and possibly barred from the other side- none of them even budge. Likely this is a method to force teams to continue on their chosen path until they reach a dead-end or perish.