PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if this happened?

CyberThread
2013-06-06, 04:46 PM
Things to consider : Level 20 cleric abilities, you own the building this is happening on, you are not in a state of war with anything so expecting nothing to be attacking you or worried of such.

Behind *****, there is a twisting of the air as space and time fold, bringing a stranger onto the roof with him. Dressed in heavy dark clothes, shapeless and loose, the stranger straightens from a deep crouch, standing up right. The gnome cannot even see the stranger's face, covered in black cloth.

Teal
2013-06-06, 05:30 PM
Edit: Scrubbed, kind of sarcastic, not helpful. Sorry.

ahenobarbi
2013-06-06, 05:42 PM
do you have your Cleric 20 protections up? Do you have arcane sight? Do you have your True Seeing up? Did you make Spellcraft (Psicraft?) check to recognize effect that brought the stranger to your roof (you should at leas try)? Did your earlier divinations tell you anything about this? Is this beginning of the campaign?

Humble Master
2013-06-06, 05:48 PM
Use Time Stop and then Commune to figure out who this guy is and what he want in only 20 questions.

Gildedragon
2013-06-06, 05:51 PM
What gnome?
Behind what?

CaladanMoonblad
2013-06-06, 05:56 PM
It depends on the cleric.

If I'm an evil cleric I slag the trespasser and use spells to interrogate the corpse.

If I'm a good cleric, I cast the appropriate Detect spell and depending on the outcome I engage in conversation (Diplomacy).

Samalpetey
2013-06-06, 06:23 PM
Use Time Stop and then Commune to figure out who this guy is and what he want in only 20 questions.

Then a word of recall if he's planning to kill. After all, someone like that wouldn't come after you unless he was sure he'd kill you. (Unless he's actually a first level commoner who a wizard teleported to you to check how you react)

FleshrakerAbuse
2013-06-06, 07:43 PM
Then a word of recall if he's planning to kill. After all, someone like that wouldn't come after you unless he was sure he'd kill you. (Unless he's actually a first level commoner who a wizard teleported to you to check how you react)

Pretty true, but maybe some eccentric wizard decided to borrow a cup of astral sugar. Who knows?:smallbiggrin:
If that were to happen, time stop is a good idea, but I'd just genesis-gate for overkill. 20 solars appearing around you gives you a bit of backup.

angry_bear
2013-06-06, 08:02 PM
When in doubt, disintegrate... I'm a Death and Destruction domains kinda guy... :xykon:

If I'm good aligned, I dunno... Summon something that can use disintegrate?

Basically all life's problems can be solved with disintegrate.

Serious answer is I'd use Implosion make sure all my buffs were up, then ask them what they were doing there, hopefully ready for anything.

Gildedragon
2013-06-06, 08:48 PM
Dip and Sense Motive on the fella. Offer my services. I have little to fear. I am in my ludicrously protected sanctum with all sorts of permanent buffs and bolsters on myself.

CyberThread
2013-06-06, 09:35 PM
So it turned out they were a recruiter from hell, and I went with them, for the hell of it ((hahah am so funny), I cast Sancutary on myself before taking the things hand and being taken through the portal.