PDA

View Full Version : Can you collect Ice Lances?

Tvtyrant
2013-06-07, 12:30 AM
The spell Ice Lance says that you create a lance out of ice that does 5d6 damage, and is an Instantaneous spell. It doesn't say you have to throw the lance immediately, so I wonder if you can collect a group of 5d6 weapons and give them to your allies.

Crasical
2013-06-07, 12:45 AM
I would say no, as the original printing of the spell in Player's Guide to Faerun makes it clear that part of casting the spell is the launching of the ice lance.

Also, stupidly, said original print Icelance is a transmutation effect despite summoning and then launching an energy attack, while Fire Shuriken, which tranforms the shuriken into another more dangerous form that can be used later, is an Evocation....

cerin616
2013-06-07, 08:17 AM
This spell transforms a quantity of ice into a long, deadly lance, which is then magically propelled at a target you designate.

no.

And even if you could, you would need both a cold environment to keep them from melting, and you would need cold handed players to keep them from melting, and you would need players to make some sort of save/check to make sure they dont drop a slippery javelin of ice. That is, if I were your DM