PDA

View Full Version : Serpent's Skull Adventure Path: Character selection

yougi
2013-06-07, 01:38 AM
So me and my wife have enrolled in her first D&D campaign, and our DM announced we'll be running PF's Skulls and Shackles Serpent's Skull. My wife has decided to play a Sorcerer (she really wanted a spellcaster, and I thought that Sorcerer was the easiest one to play for a noobie). She also wants to take Draconic Heritage feats, and she's really interested in the Draconic Breath feats so she can focus on selecting non-damage spells in her spells known. She's aiming for Copper, which would give her an acid breath.

However, and this is my question, since we know the campaign will take place in jungle, and jungle (at least in my mind) = creatures with acid resistance, could somebody, without spoiling the AP, tell me whether or not Acid is a wrong choice.

Corlindale
2013-06-07, 02:56 AM
It's not particularly jungle-heavy, it's mostly a naval/pirate campaign. Are you sure you're not thinking of Serpent's Skull with the jungle thing? I also never really thought of jungle creatures as having lots of acid resistance? Most of them are animals with no resistances or plants with other resistances, as far as I know.

I play it now, and we spend most of our time in cities and on the sea. I don't think acid resistance is that prevalent, though none of our party members use acid so I cannot be sure. A large proportion of the enemies are humanoids with no particular resistances, at least so far (we're just starting chapter V now).

An aquatic sorceror would probably be pretty cool for this AP, though.

yougi
2013-06-07, 02:55 PM
Wow, you're right, I did mean Serpent's Skull.

And yeah, it might be a stretch to associate jungle creatures with Acid Resistance, but I just wanted to make sure she didn't select a feat that would prove useless.

Daftendirekt
2013-06-07, 06:50 PM
Really, if she's going to be in a jungle, fire might be the best thing to go with. Burn ALL THE THINGS!

Thurbane
2013-06-10, 10:58 PM
The Sorcerer in my group (we're currently playing this adventure path) has heavily invested in fire themed spells for role-playing/thematic reasons (we're a pretty low-op group, generally speaking); and we've only come across 2 or 3 things with fire resistance or immunity so far.

Acid? Nothing springs immediately to mind. Were currently almost about to hit 7th level.

Kinsmarck
2013-06-11, 02:18 AM
I've played the first two chapters of this AP, and acid's a fine way to go. What I wouldn't advise is any character leaning too heavily upon cold-based spells.