PDA

View Full Version : [R'E6] Infinite Arena - Clan Clegan Special double header

stack
2013-06-07, 09:04 AM
(This is the in-character thread for Clan Clegan's matches in the Infinite Arena. Everyone is welcome to watch as we playtest Rizban's E6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273643) material. OOC here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15374996#post15374996), recruitment here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286731).)

"We have a real treat for you today, folks!"

"That's right, a rare double-header!"

"The newcomers are challenging the home team in a capture the flag match. First one to bring their opponent's flag back and burn it in the altar win."

stack
2013-06-07, 09:05 AM
Initiative:[roll0]
[roll1]

"Here's the field for today, and it's a big one! We're heading to the EYE (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/15xgrLDBebTtPkKJvfLPF7tEqp5jQ_llXk7Im_cYxJOI/edit)"

"Those speedy Clegan's are at it again!"

"No wonder, the really seem to have trained hard to go first. Let's see if it pays off."

planswalker
2013-06-07, 09:24 AM
um... I'm sorry to say this, but I don't see where the altar with the flag is.

stack
2013-06-07, 09:29 AM
Its the flaming gargoyle thing south of your starting point. The flag isn't actually shown, I didn't have an icon for it.:smallredface:

planswalker
2013-06-07, 09:49 AM
Okay, a few more questions: are the gray squares impassable terrain, I take it? Is it possible to climb/fly over them, or do they extend floor-to-ceiling? Actually, I guess I need to know if there is a ceiling as well.

stack
2013-06-07, 09:53 AM
Gray background is impassible wall. Gray stone is equally impassible wall, straight to ceiling. Ceiling heights are equal to passage widths +2 ft.

Added to the notes on the map.

planswalker
2013-06-07, 02:04 PM
Each Clegane has their eagles land on their shoulders, these confined hallways less than ideal for flight.

Themountain and Thevalley declare each other their wards, and Themassif and Thehill do the same. The Cleganes approach the exit to their tunnel, filing out deliberately.

each eagle is currently hitching a ride on their Clegane. The Cleganes walk to the tunnel single-file in the order shown along H17-K17

stack
2013-06-07, 02:45 PM
"The first round is always slow in these matches, everyone finding their positions."

"That's right. The marauders are particularly slow on their feet."

"But wait, where did Silent Sally go?"

"Well, they do call her that for a reason. I'm sure she'll pop-up."

Sally hide [roll0]
move silently [roll1]

(I assume its easy enough to track people based on noise, calling out between team members, etc unless someone is trying to hide. If you want yours to hide, keep them on the map and I'll play dumb. If you rather keep Sally on the map and just play like you can't find her until the rolls say so then that's okay too)

planswalker
2013-06-07, 07:29 PM
leave her hidden, that's fine with me. I have an eagle-eyed companion or four in here, so I suspect she won't stay hidden too long after she gets close.

Themountain and Thevalley start to edge over to the south, while Themassif and Thehill edge around the corner of their starting area and move a bit to the east. They command their eagles to seek for any living things in view.

the eagles have a +14 spot check, should that be relevant

stack
2013-06-09, 07:29 PM
(Note that I keep forgetting: wards can be set before the match starts. Durg in Ironbeard's ward.)

"Just getting into position. This really is a big course."

(That's all I've got.)

planswalker
2013-06-09, 09:17 PM
that would have been useful to know. Would have gotten this match moving a move action faster.

Thehill and Themassif step backward to the intersection once more after having let their siblings through. The eagles watch the outer circle passages while Themassif spots for Thehill, who is ready to fire his crossbow should one of the enemy come in range.

Themountain and Thevalley make their way south.

stack
2013-06-10, 07:15 AM
(I'm obviously still working out the kinks. Please bear with me. If it makes you feel better I forgot to take double moves in the first round. <duh>)

More movement. Map too big.

planswalker
2013-06-10, 10:37 AM
eh, you're doing an experimental style to test an experimental system. I'd honestly be more surprised if there weren't kinks.

Themountain and Thevalley send their eagles ahead to perch on the platform and look for the other team coming down the passage. As they come to rest, they of course spot two of them making their way down and give out a cry. Thevalley and Themountain hurry to close in on that position, ready to defeat those two.

Thehill and Themassif maintain their positions and keep alert for anyone approaching. Thehill keeps his finger on his crossbow, ready to fire should one of the Marauders come into view.

stack
2013-06-10, 12:10 PM
"Any day now, there will be a fight."

map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/15xgrLDBebTtPkKJvfLPF7tEqp5jQ_llXk7Im_cYxJOI/edit), so we don't have to scroll up each time

planswalker
2013-06-10, 02:00 PM
Themountain and Thevalley round the platform and spot their opponents. Thevalley immediately draws and fires at the one in the lead. The eagles fly up and also strike at that one.

[roll=thevalley arrow shot]d20+4]/roll]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

planswalker
2013-06-10, 02:02 PM
[roll0]

The ones at the intersection hold their position, Thehill readied to fire as soon as something comes into view.

stack
2013-06-10, 02:07 PM
Ironbeard's shield and Durg's wards protect the big half-orc from the sharp talons. The two respond in kind.

Durg vs E1
att [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Ironbeard vs E4
shield [roll2]
damage [roll3]

dwarven axe[roll4]
damage [roll5] Two eagles fall to two axes.

Quelas and his wold move into position.

planswalker
2013-06-10, 02:22 PM
Thevalley fires once more.

[roll0]
[roll1]

damn, was really hoping they'd get at least 1 hit in.

stack
2013-06-11, 08:43 AM
(Where you going to roll for Thehill's readied action? The wolf came around first, followed by Quelas.)

planswalker
2013-06-13, 10:40 AM
Sorry. I missed that part

Thehill does indeed fire at the wolf as soon as it peeks around the corner.

[roll0]
[roll1]

He'll spend his turn reloading his crossbow.

stack
2013-06-17, 07:48 PM
Quelas and the wolf charge.wolf[roll0]
[roll1]
trip [roll2]

Q [roll3]
[roll4]
crit [roll5]
[roll6]

Durg shoots a dark blast at Themountain.[roll7] vs touch
damage [roll8]

planswalker
2013-06-18, 12:40 AM
Thehill fires at the wolf, taking careful aim and hoping to down it in one go while Themassif swings at Quelas.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Themountain and Thevalley realize that they're not really threatened by the two attacking them, so they'll just walk right up to them to get past them.

stack
2013-06-18, 12:55 PM
Wolf @ 5/13
Missed Quelas

Durg attacks.[roll0]
damage [roll1]

As does Ironbeard.axe [roll2]
damage [roll3]

shield [roll4]
damage [roll5]

stack
2013-06-18, 12:56 PM
Quelas and the wolf focus on Thehill.wolf[roll0]
damage [roll1]
trip[roll2]

Quelas [roll3]
damage [roll4]
[roll5]
damage [roll6]

planswalker
2013-06-18, 02:28 PM
Themountain and Thevalley continue to ignore the two; Themountain maneuvering around to draw their attention while the two of them walk past.

Themountain walks through J-36 then J-35 on his way through, provoking his AoO before losing the sentinel bonus.

Thehill reloads while Themassif tries to finish off the wolf.

[roll0]
[roll1]

stack
2013-06-18, 07:35 PM
The wolf drops.

AOO's:
Durg [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Ironbeard [roll2]
damage [roll3]

Attacks:
Durg charges Thevalley
[roll4]
damage [roll5]

Quelas wishes he had tumble. [roll6]
damage [roll7]
crit [roll8]
damage [roll9]

planswalker
2013-06-18, 08:02 PM
Thehill fires at Quelas once more, trying to down him. Themassif helps.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Thevalley, surprised to actually be hit, moves on towards the flag, hoping to not get hit again as she advances. Themountain follows behind and covers her.

stack
2013-06-19, 08:48 AM
Quelas 2/10 HP

Quelas attacks without hope.[roll0]
damage [roll1]

The others rush to catch up, encumbered by their armor.

stack
2013-06-19, 08:49 AM
crit threat [roll0]
damage [roll1] (doubt 23 hits Thehill anyhow, thought I'd roll it.

planswalker
2013-06-19, 05:11 PM
Thehill watches as Quelas comes within an inch of landing a blow and is very grateful that he missed.

barely

He then calmly reloads his crossbow while Themassif tries to finish their opponent off.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Thevalley will walk halfway down the tunnel to the flag, then notch an arrow, ready to fire should the hidden one be revealed to be guarding the flag. Themountain will actually go over to the flag, ready to grab it and run.

stack
2013-06-19, 07:35 PM
Sally interrupts with a readied action.[roll0]
damage [roll1]

If you choose to take the AOO to bypass her: [roll2]
damage [roll3]

planswalker
2013-06-19, 10:10 PM
Not surprised in the slightest that they did in fact leave someone to guard their base, Thevalley will fire as she has readied to do.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Besides that, they do continue on as planned.

stack
2013-06-20, 09:18 AM
So your tactic is to just walk in and take it, then walk out?

Yeah, that works.

Maybe CTF was a stupid idea.

planswalker
2013-06-20, 04:38 PM
I had started doing something different, but this just seemed like the least risky plan.

I blame my all-sentinel team for being boring-ass absurdly high ac tanks who suck at damage output.

stack
2013-06-21, 06:59 PM
Well, I fear that due to my time issues this whole thing has petered out. Too bad.

planswalker
2013-06-21, 08:06 PM
Sorry to hear that, Stack.