PDA

View Full Version : Pvp Dnd

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 09:46 AM
Ok folks so my group is doing PVP DnD and I already have some ideas but I was wanting to see the crazy crap you people could come up with. Elite stat array 1st level SRD and complete books only. Go!

Eldariel
2013-06-07, 09:55 AM
What are the rules on Consumables? Anyways, Wild Elf Barbarian with Whirling Frenzy is always a top contender; mobile, great at range and melee, good AC, incredible damage, etc.

ddude987
2013-06-07, 09:56 AM
Monk is best class

seriously though, what else are the rules. How much gold do you get? Are flaws allowed? Where will the pvp be taking place, an arena or random? How much cheese is allowed?

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 10:01 AM
No flaws because they arent in the SRD. Consumables are expensive, prohibitively so. 300 Gold.

Seriously you think the monk is the best?

mattie_p
2013-06-07, 10:03 AM
No flaws because they arent in the SRD.

I beg to differ. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm)

Seriously you think the monk is the best? Blue text indicates sarcasm.

Eldariel
2013-06-07, 10:03 AM
Seriously you think the monk is the best?

Blue stands for sarcasm. And yes, Monk is just about the worst 1st level class in the game.

Wizard or Barbarian would be my bet. Maybe Druid but Barbarian malhandles the Riding Dog so bad and Druid himself has trouble; vs. Wizard Druid likewise lacks magical prowess to actually kill him. Better in groups. Sorcerer could work too but frankly, for 1v1 arena fights the extra spells are nothing compared to the extra options a Wizard gets especially since you can easily specialize as you can only prepare 3 spells anyways.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 10:04 AM
oh forgot a few other things no animal companions and no mind influencing spells other than fears.

Mando Knight
2013-06-07, 10:06 AM
I beg to differ. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm)

Unearthed Arcana material isn't SRD, it's WotC-published OGL material that d20srd.org included for completeness's sake, as noted in the FAQ (http://www.d20srd.org/faq.htm). (Similarly, the Razor Boar and a broken Scorpionfolk page were added as well)

Eldariel
2013-06-07, 10:09 AM
oh forgot a few other things no animal companions and no mind influencing spells other than fears.

What does "mind-influencing" mean? Is Sleep banned? Color Spray? Probably not Cause Fear, at least?

eggynack
2013-06-07, 10:09 AM
Ah. Then crazy instant kill barbarian it is. Just make a water orc whirling frenzy barbarian, and kill your opponents with a great sword. Foom. Dead opponent. I can't think of much that can stand up to that kind of thing in the SRD. You might even want improved initiative, so that you have a good shot at just winning. Power attack isn't really helping all that much at that level.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 10:10 AM
lol well then they just aren't allowed because the dm said so.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 10:11 AM
anything that is "open to interpretation" is banned. So color spray is fine as is sleep but anything like charm person is not allowed.

I wrote up a human stalwart battle sorcerer who I think could give the barbarian a run for his money but it stinks of cheese to me.

Mando Knight
2013-06-07, 10:14 AM
What does "mind-influencing" mean? Is Sleep banned? Color Spray? Probably not Cause Fear, at least?

Probably [Mind-Affecting] spells, other than those with [Fear]. Which would include Bless, Sleep, and Color Spray, by the way.

Eldariel
2013-06-07, 10:17 AM
anything that is "open to interpretation" is banned. So color spray is fine as is sleep but anything like charm person is not allowed.

I wrote up a human stalwart battle sorcerer who I think could give the barbarian a run for his money but it stinks of cheese to me.

Eh, it's fine. The whole reason to run an Elf is to be immune to Sleep. Color Spray only has 5' more range than Guisarme so it's far from a safe choice; there's also bows of course. However, if Flaws are allowed Int becomes more important and Wild Elf isn't really an option anymore as you probably want Improved Trip. If not, just bash 'em dead. Eh, that works either way.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 10:20 AM
what about a human ranger with favored enemy human and a bow? 12 str 15 dex 14 con 10 Int 13 Wis 8 Cha feats PBS and weapon focus long bow get a 200gp mty comp +1 deal 1d8+4 dmg to humans within 30 feet. with a +5 to hit

eggynack
2013-06-07, 10:27 AM

I don't know how true any of that is. Let's run some barbarian numbers. He's a water orc, so stats are at 19 strength, 16 constitution, 13 dexterity, and irrelevant other terrible stats. His iteratives on a frenzy are +4/+4 and deal 2d6+9 damage each. He also has 15 HP if you're maxing out the first HD. Otherwise, he has about 9.5 HP. We have about 100 GP, so let's get scale mail for a total of 15 AC, and a great sword, because I'm in no mood for fancy guisarmes at this point.

Based on traditional sorcerer stat assignment, I can only assume that he's at 15 charisma, 14 constitution, 13 dexterity, and everything else is irrelevant for these purposes. Thus, he's maxing out at 10 HP. Sorcerers only start with 75 GP, so you're stuck in studded leather for 14 AC. Now, for quick killin' numbers if the barbarian gets an attack in. This is pretty simple, actually. He hits on a 10, which gives a 55% chance of hitting, and he hits for around 16 damage. He does that twice, so that's basically instant death. If the sorcerer goes first, other things can happen, but I think that he's less likely than the barbarian to just win.

Eldariel
2013-06-07, 10:40 AM
what about a human ranger with favored enemy human and a bow? 12 str 15 dex 14 con 10 Int 13 Wis 8 Cha feats PBS and weapon focus long bow get a 200gp mty comp +1 deal 1d8+4 dmg to humans within 30 feet. with a +5 to hit

Only works vs. humans. Otherwise damage too low. Still can't kill a Barbarian and gets charged to death, needs to hit to fight off Sleep (a single attack), worse chances to succeed than with Color Spray.

Wizard beats him, Druid beats him, Barbarian beats him unless he gets lucky; I wouldn't recommend that. The bow's so expensive he'll have no AC so he also loses a trade.

For the record, the Barb I'd run would be along the lines of:
17 Str
16 Dex
11 Con
8 Int
12 Wis
8 Cha

Chain Shirt, Guisarme, Sling, use remaining money you have on whatever; a longer range weapon if affordable (Longbow is fine), Greatsword if you want a big damage melee weapon, something along those lines.

Feat should probably be Weapon Focus (Guisarme or Sling), Dodge, Improved Initiative or Combat Reflexes. They each shine at different situations. Your AC of 19 is very solid on this level. Improved Initiative is probably the most commonly applicable so provided you start in combat range of each other, I suggest you use that. You can also keep a Heavy Shield/Tower Shield in one hand for when you lose initiative; drop it and double grip Guisarme when you want attack. It's worth noting that nobody can expect to hit early on; you can get AC 21 with Frenzy and Shield when the highest To Hit you can easily produce is +8 (15 Strength Orc Barbarian with Weapon Focus & Rage).

Skillpoints into Listen and whatever. Hide, Tumble, Climb, Jump, Spot, depends on the arenas.

Also note that yes, your Rage only lasts for 3 rounds so be careful with it. Raging Sling is not to be underestimated; the To Hit is only +4 but it does 1d4+5 damage on hit which is the highest ranged damage available on this level aside from thrown weapons (no reason not to have a Spear/Javelin or two).

Also, since you have Fast Movement, you actually have fairly high kite potential in open arenas with your 40' Move Speed; goes great vs. anyone in Medium Armor (e.g. Fighters or whatever) as you can move and attack (you need something like Longbow that you can load for free tho, or only attack each other round) at the speed where they charge/doublemove.

Remember the rule that you can draw a weapon as a part of a move action; you can move and draw a Javelin if you're kiting at short range (can probably use it with one increment this way).

Most dangerous casters are Wizards and such; you're immune to Sleep but Color Spray can one-hit KO you. It only has 15' range tho so it's almost in your Guisarme range. With your Move Speed you should be able to maintain position where they can't Move > Color Spray you but you get the alpha strike.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 11:11 AM
Water orc will probably not be allowed just FYI. Also Eggy why on earth would I waste a 15 in my charisma? that is going to be a 12. Str14 Dex 13 Con 15 int 10 wis 8 cha 12.

eggynack
2013-06-07, 11:15 AM
Water orc will probably not be allowed just FYI. Also Eggy why on earth would I waste a 15 in my charisma? that is going to be a 12. Str14 Dex 13 Con 15 int 10 wis 8 cha 12.
Fair enough on the stat assignment thing. I think that the barbarian is still one shotting the sorcerer though. You still have the same statistics apart from strength. In terms of water orc, you can still just go orc. You lose out on the constitution boost, but it's fine. Your argument actually doesn't change the math much.

ddude987
2013-06-07, 11:19 AM
I agree with the barbarian. He will have the most hp and the highest damage. However if you fail a save against something like color spray its gg and you lose.

Eldariel
2013-06-07, 11:20 AM

8 Charisma. 12 Wisdom to get +1 Will-saves, Listen & Spot. Elementary.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 11:38 AM
so a couple more things about it. it is 15 rounds and if you die you respawn. I was thinking a champion cleric divine magician with the war domain and shield as his abjuration spell and his two 1st level spells per day.

Worshipping herionous so long sword with weapon focus and a chain shirt.

Stats
str 15 dex 14 con 13 int 10 wis 12 cha 8
feats are toughness twice unless you can think of something better.
giving him 15 hp +4 to hit with magic weapon 1d8+3 damage 20 ac immune to fear and 1 smite per day.

Emperor Tippy
2013-06-07, 11:52 AM
Elan Psion, two flaws, three feats spent on Psionic Talent for 13 PP total and one on Speed of Thought to give you a 40 ft. movement speed.

Synchronicity, Mindthrust, and Inertial Armor for powers.

Run around using your extra movement speed to stay out of range of your enemies, hit them with Mindthrust for 1d10 damage. Spend PP to reduce damage that you kill you.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 11:54 AM
No flaws Tippy. Also Elan is not SRD.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 11:58 AM
Also what is the highest conceivable ac at this level with 300 gp and no flaws?

Xervous
2013-06-07, 12:03 PM
AC:
Halfling = +1
with 16 dex = +3
breastplate = +5
heavy shield = +2
shield of faith = +2

= 23

cast magic stone and attack with your +5 to hit, 1d6+1 stones.

eggynack
2013-06-07, 12:03 PM
Which SRD are we talking about? If we're talking about this SRD (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35), you're accurate, but the D20SRD definitely has elans (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicRaces.htm#elans).

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 12:15 PM
Missed the posting on psionic races. My bad.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 12:17 PM
also with that halfling you could also cast prot chaos which will likely net you more players than any of the others.

ArcaneGlyph
2013-06-07, 12:23 PM
Gray Elven Generalist Wizard with the colliagate wizard feat and if it stacks domain wizard. Get a 20 int, enjoy the crazy number of 1st levels spells both in your book and memorized. Pump points into dex.. cast mage armor and shield. Dam near unhittable, you are an elf so rock a long sword.. walk up and melee a target to death just to embarrass them..

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 12:26 PM
Arcane, did you even remotely read what this post is about? There is no elven generalist wizard in SRD and complete books because RoW is not in the SRD. You cannot get a 20 Int without being a venerable gray elf and once your 5 spells for the day are gone you are out of stuff to shoot with. That is a terrible idea bro. now for a regular game, sure he will be cool to play because he is an old elf with lots of magic but he is a dead man in this kind of PVP.

Emperor Tippy
2013-06-07, 12:36 PM
Also what is the highest conceivable ac at this level with 300 gp and no flaws?

Human Wilder with Metapower: Linked Force Screen+Inertial Armor.
1: Linked Power
1(Human): Metapower:Linked Force Screen

Wildsurge to up your ML to 2, spend 1 IP on a Linked Screen+Inertial Armor, normally would cost 4 PP but Metapower reduces that by 2 and Wildsurge reduces it by 1 (Being Linked you can also bypass the ML requirement to augment Inertial Armor so it provides +5).

Next round manifest Deflection Field for +4 Dodge bonus to AC (only lasts as long as you concentrate+1 round, up to a minute).

So that is Inertial Armor for +5 Armor Bonus, Force Screen for +4 Shield bonus, and Deflection Field for +4 Dodge Bonus.

Have 18 Dex and your total AC at ECL 1 is 27.

Studoku
2013-06-07, 12:44 PM
Is this going to be a 1v1 tournament of a free-for-all battle royale? If it's the latter:

Halfling Sorcerer

Put skillpoints into cross-class move silently. Spend 150gp on a scroll of invisibility. Take improved initiative as a feat.

Stats go dex->cha->wis in that order.

At the start of the battle cast the scroll. You need to make a DC 4 caster level check which, unfortunately, gives you a 10% chance of failing. If you pass however, you're invisible for 3 minutes (30 rounds).

Wait for everyone to kill each other and pick of whoever's left with a sling and spells. Grease, obviously though not sure what else.

ddude987
2013-06-07, 12:47 PM
Halfling Sorcerer (specialize in something)

Sorcs can specialize? Either that's a mistype or I'm going to stop playing dnd :smalltongue:

Stats go dex->int->wis in that order.

abilities into int. I'll assume you meant wizard then. Anyhow I think a halfling wizard with shield spell and a breastplate will give you the highest ac you can get at this level. As for killing things after you run out of spells I'm not so sure. Perhaps chucking stones at people and running away, halflings are good at that.

Studoku
2013-06-07, 12:48 PM
It's a typo. I wrote Wizard originally, then changed it to sorcerer for the increased spells/day. Forgot to remove that bit.:smallredface:

ddude987
2013-06-07, 12:49 PM
It's a typo. I wrote Wizard originally, then changed it to sorcerer for the increased spells/day. Forgot to remove that bit.:smallredface:

Also the put points into int part.

Anyhow, I would still go barbarian orc. You'll one shot everybody else and you will almost garentee hits at this level. You single feat could go into weapon focus for that single to-hit but I think that is unnecessary. I also think power attack would be overkill.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-06-07, 12:51 PM
I'm with Tippy here. Psionics will rule the day.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 01:06 PM
It is usually a 5 player battle royale.

TIPOT
2013-06-07, 01:07 PM
Halfling Cleric with animal devotion. Max turn attempts. Activate hawks flight drop your 1lb pebbles from 500ft up

edit: sorry not a halfling, human would probably be good (I was originally thinking thrown weapons but dropping them just does so much more damage and being medium increases carrying capacity for more stones)

a human with 12 charisma extra turningx2 and trading in animal domain for the devotion can fly for 50 rounds, more than enough to rack up a few kills.

Bonzai
2013-06-07, 03:16 PM
It's a shame that Incarnum isn't allowed. At low levels they rock. A first level azurian incarnate could do 3d6 ranged touch acid attacks with a 1d6 fire damage shield that can be pumped up to 2d6 as a swift. Pump your wealth into AC.

A_S
2013-06-07, 04:22 PM
I think Tippy's Psion is probably going to be the best bet, but worth noting that a human Battle Sorcerer with Precocious Apprentice and Fiery Burst who knows Expeditious Retreat and Scorching Ray can also do the kiting thing pretty respectably. Not as well as the Psion, though, since Fiery Burst is only range 30.

*edit* Oh, yeah, forgot to mention...if you go any build that focuses on this kind of playstyle (running away to stay out of range and shooting anything that gets close), you will be making a lot of use of readied actions. Otherwise you're just gonna get charged.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 04:26 PM
well the arena last time was tiny. 40x40 and so the close combat monsters were eating everyone alive. I imagine it will stay small. What do you guys think about death devotion on a fighter or cleric with the war domain? any attack that hits deals a negative level thereby instantly killing anyone I'm fighting.

Jormengand
2013-06-07, 04:36 PM
If we're trying to win this at all costs, I vote the Infinite Rogue.

Step 1: Be a rogue. Have a stool, and some form of throwing weapon.
Step 2: Run up to your opponent with the stool.
Step 3: During your movement, drop the stool in front of your opponent as a free action.
Step 4: With the rest of your movement, climb onto the stool.
Step 5: Take out a throwing weapon. Because it is a throwing weapon, you can do this as a free action.
Step 6: Drop the throwing weapon as a free action. Because you are dropping it on someone, you must make an attack roll but it deals damage as a weapon of its type (no strength mod, though). Because it is an attack action (albeit a free one) you can apply sneak attack damage as well (which is why you were a rogue in the first place, although it's not actually required).
Step 7: Repeat steps 5 and 6 until your foe is dead or you run out of throwing weapons. In the latter case, wait a turn and then pick up the stool and use it as an improvised weapon.

I know this works in PF due to the way the dropping rules work; I'm not sure about 3.5 but I think it still works.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 04:39 PM
Yeah my DM would laugh and rip my character sheet up if I did that but thanks anyways. I am looking to legitimately kick the crap out of my friends not say lookie here at the rules *snap*

Captain Kablam
2013-06-07, 04:39 PM
Human scout. Low health means It'll be good to keep your foes at a distance and the skirmish ability allows you to pluck off shots that deal more damage as you play keep away. Pick up a light crossbow and rapid reload for the 10% crit chance over a bow's (long or otherwise), 5%, the other two feats go into dodge and mobility.

Jormengand
2013-06-07, 04:43 PM
Yeah my DM would laugh and rip my character sheet up if I did that but thanks anyways. I am looking to legitimately kick the crap out of my friends not say lookie here at the rules *snap*

Legitimately... I'm going to have to say barbarian and a greatsword. You can deal about 16 damage average on a successful attack without using power attack. Also take weapon spec and other such things to increase your attack roll, and you should be able to bring them negative on your first attack.

eggynack
2013-06-07, 04:50 PM
Legitimately... I'm going to have to say barbarian and a greatsword. You can deal about 16 damage average on a successful attack without using power attack. Also take weapon spec and other such things to increase your attack roll, and you should be able to bring them negative on your first attack.
Or you could just use whirling frenzy, like I said. You do a bit less damage per hit, but you take enemies into the negatives in one shot. That's without feats too, so you can do whatever you want with that.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 04:57 PM
Ok folks, I get that Barbarian is awesome here, but what are some other things to use? Eldritch Glaive/hideous blow warlock with death devotion feat kills that same barbarian on a touch attack..... doesn;t matter how much damage is done, I hit with an attack and I deal a negative level equaling your hit dice and killing you in one shot.

eggynack
2013-06-07, 05:04 PM
Ok folks, I get that Barbarian is awesome here, but what are some other things to use? Eldritch Glaive/hideous blow warlock with death devotion feat kills that same barbarian on a touch attack..... doesn;t matter how much damage is done, I hit with an attack and I deal a negative level equaling your hit dice and killing you in one shot.
I did not notice the thing about the completes. The build is now revised to also have pounce. Thus, it's able to do the double attack on a charge, and thus gains +2 to attack on its iteratives. Your death devotion thing still has a fort save attached, so I'm not really sure that it's more reliable. I mean, it doesn't look unreliable, but it's not as end all and be all as you're making it out to be. the fact of the matter is, a level one arena fight is kinda pointless. Just about every well built character is going to kill every other character in the first round, so you should just give your guy improved initiative, and hope that the first round is yours.

Edit: Also, eldritch glaive is from dragon magic, not the SRD and completes. Thus, it isn't allowed in the challenge.

Immabozo
2013-06-07, 05:10 PM
You havel to be LEVEL one, right? Take advantage of poor wording! A lycanthrope with huge HD, on a large, LA creature, qualifies after the first RHD!

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the point out on the Eldritch glaive thought it was a complete mage invocation shape. However the battle lasts for 15 rounds and when you die you come back. So there is plenty of point. There is an orb you can grab that is worth one point if you have it at the end of the turn. If you do for each round you have it it deals 1 point of damage to you. When you kill someone you get a point. So its about who can hold the orb and kill the most people in 15 rounds. A fighter with a greatsword power attack cleave and death devotion could be pretty disgusting. Only thing is that if he gets hit and dies he loses his death devotion. All once a day abilities are just that. Once a day. If you die you lose it. so a cleric with death devotion has more staying power than a fighter. Now there is no need for my character to be good in this game so anything and everything is open as far as gods etc. Was thinking of worshipping Surtr and being a fire war cleric using burning hands to possible burninate a couple of other players at the right time while using my greatsword and death devotion to murder nubs. Also thought about taking the divine magician ACF and taking shield so I am a cleric running around with a 20 ac while doing all of that but losing my flamethrower.

Lol Bad bozo. Bad.

Jormengand
2013-06-07, 05:15 PM
-snip-

Oh, well that changes everything. In that case, do not use any death magic. Be a CLERIC with a greatsword, bring the enemy negative, and then cast CMW to stabilise them. Then, hold the orb, using CLW as necessary to stay alive.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 05:19 PM
if you go to 0 you die. no negatives so no holding people in limbo. Sorry, there are a lot of rules I just don't remember them all at the moment.

Captain Kablam
2013-06-07, 05:22 PM
Is Savage Species on the accepted book list?

Immabozo
2013-06-07, 05:23 PM
Lol Bad bozo. Bad.

can I sig this?

Emmerask

Sleep is actually VERY MUCH open for interpretation, read the srd text closely and its implications :smallwink:

Jormengand
if you go to 0 you die. no negatives so no holding people in limbo. Sorry, there are a lot of rules I just don't remember them all at the moment.

What is the arena floor made of? This is a vital question.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 05:25 PM
nicht mein Freund

eggynack
2013-06-07, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the point out on the Eldritch glaive thought it was a complete mage invocation shape. However the battle lasts for 15 rounds and when you die you come back. So there is plenty of point. There is an orb you can grab that is worth one point if you have it at the end of the turn. If you do for each round you have it it deals 1 point of damage to you. When you kill someone you get a point. So its about who can hold the orb and kill the most people in 15 rounds. A fighter with a greatsword power attack cleave and death devotion could be pretty disgusting. Only thing is that if he gets hit and dies he loses his death devotion. All once a day abilities are just that. Once a day. If you die you lose it. so a cleric with death devotion has more staying power than a fighter. Now there is no need for my character to be good in this game so anything and everything is open as far as gods etc. Was thinking of worshipping Surtr and being a fire war cleric using burning hands to possible burninate a couple of other players at the right time while using my greatsword and death devotion to murder nubs. Also thought about taking the divine magician ACF and taking shield so I am a cleric running around with a 20 ac while doing all of that but losing my flamethrower.

Lol Bad bozo. Bad.
See, that's why I like my build more. At level one, if you can get a hit in, you're probably killing the enemy. You just run in, get two stabs in, and they die. No faffing about with fortitude saves or turn undead. I can run some numbers on it, but I think that my logic is borne out by the game. Also, based on this new information, you can take extra rage. The numbers are like +1 from attack bonus, +4 from 19 strength (orc or water orc. I don't see why you can't have the water orc, but it's irrelevant), the frenzy strength bonus and penalty cancel each other out, and you get +2 from charging. It comes out to a +7 to hit. The damage is at 2d6+9, as I said before, which is 16 damage. Thus, the barbarian is dealing about 12.8 damage to your cleric, and maybe slightly more from critical hits. Now, what are the odds of the cleric with death devotion one shotting the barbarian, taking into account the boost to AC from the barbarian's frenzy? Also, doesn't the AC bonus from shield go away if the cleric dies? Barbarians are sweet at first level, especially if the main goal is indiscriminate murder.

tricktroller
2013-06-07, 05:26 PM
lol sure bozo.

Floor is made of stone probably. Didn't really ask but it is solid. Oh and it is magical.

Jormengand
2013-06-07, 05:41 PM
lol sure bozo.

Floor is made of stone probably. Didn't really ask but it is solid. Oh and it is magical.

Ah, never mind...

Captain Kablam
2013-06-07, 05:41 PM
Assuming that Savage Species is an accepted book. You may want to consider Earth Elemental. Their Earth Movement ability would allow you run of the field as you safely landshark the battle field, kneecapping folks with a slam attack as you go. You'd also be immune to anything with sleep, poison, paralysis, stunning and crits.

Eldariel
2013-06-07, 05:50 PM

Said Barbarian probably one-shots any Warlocks. 2d4+7 or 2d4+9 (if going Orc) averages 12-14 which is an 18 Con Warlock. Barbarian has Reach and Touch AC 15, and not completely insubstantial saves (though those are definitely the weak point here; only Reflex is truly amazing).

Barbarian easily beats any Warlock on average. Wizards are a problem; Color Spray is a nice one. Psions too, as demonstrated. At best you could have 15 HP. Completes change matters a bit far as options go but not by that much; only ACFs and powers/spells are relevant on L1. Very few feats are worth it (notable exception being Precocious Apprentice, and the ridiculously good Devotions; I'm thinking Cloistered Cleric might have something going on for it just 'cause of all the Devotions he gets).

Bucky
2013-06-07, 05:55 PM
However the battle lasts for 15 rounds and when you die you come back. So there is plenty of point. There is an orb you can grab that is worth one point if you have it at the end of the turn. If you do for each round you have it it deals 1 point of damage to you. When you kill someone you get a point. So its about who can hold the orb and kill the most people in 15 rounds.

1)Scroll of invisibility/animal devotion flight as mentioned earlier. Grab the orb, vanish/fly, use potions of faith healing (or cheapest healing item allowed) to counter orb damage, win.
2)Nonlethal damage. Knock everyone else out, grab the orb, kill them at your leisure.
3)Does respawning preserve buffs?

Eldariel
2013-06-07, 05:57 PM
1)Scroll of invisibility/animal devotion flight as mentioned earlier. Grab the orb, vanish/fly, use potions of faith healing (or cheapest healing item allowed) to counter orb damage, win.

Consumables were said to be prohibitively expensive (300gp or so).

tricktroller
2013-06-10, 12:58 PM
no respawning does not preserve buffs.