PDA

View Full Version : Help me optimize my BBEG! (PF)

Ailowynn
2013-06-07, 01:05 PM
I'm in the process of statting up the BBEG for my pathfinder campaign, and I'd like some help making him highly optimized enough to challenge a group of 6 level 20 PCs (if that's possible).

The PCs are a fighter (veteran, mid-high op, but still fighter), Sorcerer (little optimization but big damage dealer) a goblin ninja (insane stealth), an elf ranger (high damage), and a half-Orc Barbarian (no optimizing).

I want to make a gestalt BBEG but don't know how to optimize a gestalt character or how much extra of a challenge gestalt is. Idea is a Wizard/Antipaladin, but that can be changed so long as he can be a front-liner or caster when needed.

So what advice havr you, Playgrounders?

Jormengand
2013-06-07, 04:57 PM
Unfortunately, most of the ways I can think of to optimise a 20th level gestalt character to challenge so many characters of his level involves lots of death magic.

Otherwise, what I would do is have the BBEG keep casting spells like Wooden Phalanx or Summon Monster spells, and then sitting back with a ton of little critters defending him and taking out all the non-magical guys. If this works, he'll then shove an anti-magic field on and go toe-to-toe with the sorcerer.

The other one I like is a Sorcerer 20 gestalted with barbarian 10 DD 10 (which you can do because you're a sorcerer). You are a sorcerer, but you also happen to have the most horrible natural attack possible. Buff yourself to have about 50 strength, and then make a full-round natural attack (bite, bite, bite, bite, claw, claw, wing, wing) with the bites dealing 1d6+1.5*Str (+1d6 energy) damage, the claws dealing 1d4+Str damage and the wings 1d3+0.5*Str damage. That's nine times your strength right there, meaning that with the damage dice you're dealing about 200 damage.

Just some ideas. But what's the BBEG's style? If he's very controlling, my middle suggestion would be a good plan. If he likes fighting up close, the last. If he just wants to kill things quickly, going for insta-kill spells is maybe a good idea.