PDA

View Full Version : Letter size

MikelaC1
2013-06-07, 02:32 PM
It used to be possible to use the "sizes" function to make letters smaller (and larger for that matter), for example in PbP to represent a whisper. But while using the other numbers makes letters larger, even setting to 1 doesn't make them smaller. Has this function been disabled?

Siosilvar
2013-06-07, 02:34 PM
Size 1.

Size 2.

Normal size. (same as size 2)

Works for me. Browser and OS?

MikelaC1
2013-06-07, 02:45 PM
From where I am viewing, your size 1 and normal size are the same.

Siosilvar
2013-06-07, 03:15 PM
Browser and OS?

QF[T?] 10 characters

MikelaC1
2013-06-07, 03:17 PM
Internet Explorer, Windows 7
Ive checked some of my old posts. I have put the size 1 on them but they are coming out the same size as the rest the post.
For example, this is size 1 and its the same.

Amidus Drexel
2013-06-07, 03:21 PM
Internet Explorer, Windows 7
Ive checked some of my old posts. I have put the size 1 on them but they are coming out the same size as the rest the post.
For example, this is size 1 and its the same.

I can see those as two different sizes, both on FF and on IE.

Siosilvar
2013-06-07, 03:22 PM
It's probably an Internet Explorer issue. I've all but removed IE from my Win7 machine, so I can't check to be sure. Have you changed any settings recently? Note that "Internet Options" in the control panel is the same as IE's settings.

MikelaC1
2013-06-07, 03:34 PM
Adjusting "text size" in "view" from larger to medium seems to have corrected the problem.

Shhalahr Windrider
2013-06-07, 05:04 PM
Check your minimum font size in your browser preferences. That could be overriding sizes specified by the website.

KillianHawkeye
2013-06-08, 07:36 AM
That's weird. I use Firefox in Windows Vista and every adjusted text size is larger than my default text size.

Shhalahr Windrider
2013-06-08, 11:11 AM
That's weird. I use Firefox in Windows Vista and every adjusted text size is larger than my default text size.

The CSS for the forums seems to set the base size at 10pt. Which is 13.33 pixels on a lot of monitors.

KillianHawkeye
2013-06-08, 09:22 PM
The CSS for the forums seems to set the base size at 10pt. Which is 13.33 pixels on a lot of monitors.

How does that relate to the SIZE= options?

erikun
2013-06-09, 12:08 AM
What you are describing is a result of your browser. Specific choices made by your browser override all webpage-generated tags in HTML. Tell me:

Size 1.

Size 2.

Normal size. (same as size 2)

Works for me. Browser and OS?
Does "Size 2" here show up as larger than the default letter size?

If so, then you've set the text size in IE to larger than normal. To change that (in IE10) you would just show the Menu Bar, then go to View, Text Size, and make sure it is selected at Medium. From my experiments, your browser is most likely set to Larger currently.

Hope that helps!

Shhalahr Windrider
2013-06-10, 06:25 PM
How does that relate to the SIZE= options?

Size 3 should correspond to the default size. The relationships from there will vary from browser to browser, since the exact change in size is not established by the HTML specification.

In this case though, size 3 would be 10 pt. If you have your browser set to minimum size 10 pt or higher, setting font size to 1 or 2 would have no effect, because your browser would override that setting to maintain the minimum size.

KillianHawkeye
2013-06-10, 08:17 PM
Size 3 should correspond to the default size. The relationships from there will vary from browser to browser, since the exact change in size is not established by the HTML specification.

In this case though, size 3 would be 10 pt. If you have your browser set to minimum size 10 pt or higher, setting font size to 1 or 2 would have no effect, because your browser would override that setting to maintain the minimum size.

Okay, that is not at all related to the problem that I'm having. Every size text is being displayed LARGER than my default text (even Size 1 text). I checked and have no minimum text size on my browser.