PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Secret Guards Of Scotland IC

freyathefairy
2013-06-07, 03:00 PM
Ch. 1: Attack From The Ben

Part 1: The Backstreets

A figure runs down the moonlit back streets of Edinburgh ducking and weaving past people and sprinting over empty roads coming closer and closer to their destination. They come to a stop outside Beetween the Pages (Fergus' bookshop) and lightly chaps the door.

The door opens and Tiata removes the hood of her hoodie and hands over a large, A4 brown envelope and moves to come in.

Search Check DC 20 (Tiata and Fergus Only)
Apon glancing at the lock you see the remaints of two picks.
http://screenshots.en.sftcdn.net/en/scrn/3333000/3333483/2011-11-22-01-100x100.png

Spot Check DC 15
In the moonlit sky you the faint shape of a dragon flying over the moon. It appears to be doing nothing bad but you might want to keep an eye on it.http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz8xx2R4ra1rps9nko1_500.jpg

supernerd
2013-06-07, 03:48 PM
Phillip had been reading some of the new books in store to see whether they were worth buying, as Fergy(I hope it's okay for him to call him that) let him stay after hours every now and then. He was glad that he was currently reading the new Fruits Basket, so he didn't have to worry about losing focus as Sparky cuddled up against him, a bit more content with his new form.

It was then that the door opened and Sparky perked up first, and he remembered seeing the girl before, and both then and now he hadn't felt anything sinister, just a bit of loneliness. He directed his gaze towards the moon, "Whoa! Did you see the dragon?" to which Phillip replied in Pokespeak, "Maybe. But you should remember to talk like without it being in human language. Still, can you tell me more about it?" The two converse over what they saw, trying to glean whether it needed to be taken care of.

Sparky's Spot:
[roll0]
Phillip's Spot:
[roll1]
Phillip's Pokedex(universal monster knowledge):
[roll2]

NinaNymph
2013-06-07, 04:06 PM
As she's walking in Tiata casually plucks the lock picks out and hands them to Fergus, plonking them on top of the envelope before commenting "It looks like someone was trying to break in" before crossing the threshold she also glances up "Oh look a Dragon!!!!" she exclaims.

Spot:[roll0]
Search:[roll1]

Lexin
2013-06-07, 04:51 PM
Fergus spares both Philip and Tiata a long, tired look each, sighs and answers.
"Yes. I can see the dragon. Hard to miss a huge flying lizard." he rolls his eyes "What's more interesting is who exactly tried to break into this place when I am around? Someone gone suicidal? Khe khe khe." he stops for a while and continues.
"Anyway child, next time don't grab lock picks with your bare hands, it makes getting fingerprints much more difficult." he smiles slightly at this "And finally... could you tell me what's that?" he asks, pointing at the envelope.

Reyne
2013-06-07, 04:51 PM
Cecile

Cecile has been working at the desk for most of the day; her shift didn't usually run this long, but the other employee had taken time off so Fergy (as she affectionately called the eccentric owner) had asked her to cover for him. It's been a long day, what with teaching classes in the morning and a Latin quiz she needs to study for, so she's not particularly observant (well, even less so than normal given her absent-minded nature) as she amuses herself and passes the time by tapping out the notes of a violin piece (Partita for Violin No. 2 by Bach) on the counter, her mind supplying the sound to go with it.

Spot check (which she'll probably fail)
[roll0]

Distracted as she is and not having a clear view out of the shop, she doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary...

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-07, 05:22 PM
Ryan sat staring at his coffee. It was cold now, that was certain, and the shop workers were hovering, waiting for him to leave. He sighed and was just about to stand up when the cup before him shattered with a mighty crack, and fell into pieces. He jumped startled and before the workers could catch up with what had happened, he had hurried out of the door and was racing down a side alley.

He'd come here with to find something, he wasn't sure what, only he had found a reference to the Morkanon's Mantle and a suggestion that it had links with the Scottish city, but despite his efforts, the trail had gone cold early, and now all he could wait on was a friend of his at the British Museum in london getting back to him on a translation of a scroll.

He realised, surprised, that he was not the only one running down this alleyway, and watched as the other figure ahead stopped and entered a bookshop. Pausing himself, he let himself catch his breath and then stepped in as well, wondering what shop could elicit such interest.

Spot: [roll0]

Edit, yes, natural 1, on my first roll

Morcleon
2013-06-08, 12:09 AM
Nigel and Filensia

Two figures sit by the window of the bookstore. Nigel appears to be reading some sort of science text while Filensia holds a brightly colored manga. The angelic girl doesn't look up from her volume as she comments lightly, "There's a dragon flying outside."

Nigel gives her an amused, teasing glare. "Yes, you managed to spot a large, moving creature that has made no attempts to hide itself. Very observant of you."

He glances at his watch, then stands up, walking over to Cecile. He slides the book across the counter with a cheery smile. "I think I'll take this one. It's quite interesting." The book is entitled Hyperspace by Michio Kaku. "How much will it be?"

Filensia is a bralani, from the feat Render's Companion. She's basically a familiar, but without the familiar abilities.

Nigel Spot: [roll0]
Filensia Spot: [roll1]

Reyne
2013-06-08, 01:04 AM
Cecile snaps back to attention. Ooh, excellent choice, that's a lovely book, she says, recognizing the title.

Just keep in mind it was published about two decades ago, so it's not up to date with more recent theoretical work, like M-theory and the AdS/CFT correspondence. Anyways, that will be 9.99 £ please. We accept cards, checks, and cash.

Dancing Shadows
2013-06-08, 04:09 AM
Gregory idly checked their stocks of tea; business had been slow today and he hadn't had much to do. It was the way he liked it though, information was easy to come by here; which he needed lots of, and he didn't attract much notice. The owner was a nice man, though he was a little odd.

He glances out through the window and then starts when he sees a strange beast very clearly in the moonlight. It looked like... Yes, it was. It looked Gregory idly checked their stocks of tea; business had been slow today and he hadn't had much to do. It was the way he liked it though, information was easy to come by here; which he needed lots of, and he didn't attract much notice. The owner was a nice man, though he was a little odd.

He glances out through the window and then starts when he sees a strange beast very clearly in the moonlight. It looked like... Yes, it was. It looked like a dragon. He had only read of such things. He thought the most dangerous things here were the people, not mystical fire-breathing beasts larger than a house with skin about as thick as he was. He sighed and rubbed his forehead. This defiantley was going to attract some notice.

He subtly pulled out his crossbow for his bag and quietly loaded it with an unenchanted bolt. Then he hid it on his person. He wasn't going to be caught unprepared if that beast attacked.

He didn't want to draw attention and frighten the customers, and it was doing anything at the moment, so he didn't shout it out. Though he hoped at the very least one of the others had seen it.

Spot: I have a +21 bonus to spot check so I can't miss a DC15 :smallsmile:
Sleight of hand (to conceal crossbow): [roll0]

Quilo
2013-06-08, 09:35 AM
John

John was laying in an alleyway, weary from a long day of travel. He had stuck to the back streets to avoid any attention and trouble that might come with it. He never liked the city for it was always too crowded, loud, and full of unpleasant people. But above all his fear of hurting others is what drove him to avoid them. At least in the open country he could be alone. But he was out of the supplies he had from the last town, but he was never good with timing as he came into town later than he'd hoped. Avoiding other transients he found a small corner to settle in and tried to rest on the hard ground.

He awoke suddenly when someone stormed past him, at first he thought nothing of it but as a second figure followed it peaked his interest. He saw the first, smaller figure enter a building, and watched as the second (who he presumed to be a man) followed. He may not like people, but he liked those that caused trouble even less, so he opted to follow after as well.

[roll0]

Morcleon
2013-06-09, 12:59 AM
Nigel and Filensia

"Oh I know," smiles Nigel as he reaches into his coat to retrieve the money. Placing down the required amount, he shrugs. "But since none of these theories have actually been definitively confirmed, I feel it's best to be familiar with them all."

Filensia snaps shut her manga and returns it to the shelf. She glares a little at Phillip, Tiata and Fergy. "Perhaps it would be preferable to not announce the existence of a magical creature within easy earshot of the... well, for lack of a better term, Muggles."

The bralani actually looks a little embarrassed at having to use that word, and it's accompanying reference.

Reyne
2013-06-09, 01:15 AM
Ah, I see. Feel free to stop by again later if you have any questions. String theory's not one of my favorite parts of physics, but it's still pretty fun to talk about, Cecile responds with a smile.

supernerd
2013-06-09, 02:04 AM
Phillip chuckles as the eladrin, "<Hey it wasn't me! I was talking in gibberish at my cat, mind you. Come off it. And besides, you're one to talk, Miss Bralani.>" He talked in a relaxed tone in the tongue of monsters, Filensia only hearing him due to the fact that she could grow in body even though she could technically gain a profession.

Sparky on the other hand, got up and jumped to the counter of the tea shop. He then tilted his head, whispering, "best not to shoot people who don't deserve it. Don't worry, even if the dragon becomes a problem, it shouldn't be too bad. Oh, and could you get behind my ears? Phillip was a little busy and I didn't want to bother him more than usual." He sure hoped that the mist protected him from being heard by the mortals, so that anything he and Phillip said could be secret, but they had yet to take a chance.

OOC: you know what, Sparky is much more a cat than a dog. Grey tabby, because they're adorable.

Dancing Shadows
2013-06-09, 02:43 AM
Greg was somewhat suprised to find a talking cat on the counter but tried not to show it. This one talks. Strange. He idly scartched behind the cat's ears but remained completely silent. The cat was being very quiet but it would be obvious if he responded. It would seem strange from him to talk to an animal. He did however give the slightest nod of the head to show that he had heard. It spotted me. That shouldn't have happened. It has keen eyes.

He pulled a shallow saucer out from beneath the counter and poured a little milk into it. A dragon and a talking cat. Prehaps they are allies? It does seem sure that the beast is no threat. Something is afoot. A plot, most likely. I don't like it.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-09, 07:44 AM
Something felt distinctly strange about this place. It was as though he'd walked onto the set of a sitcom and all these characters were connected in some strange way. His confusion, as with most heightened emotions caused his powers to manifest and one of the racks of books in front of him suddenly cracked and a book tore straight through the middle.

Woops...

Ryan turned back to the group arms held up. "Er..." There really was no easy way of explaining that his blood was somehow tainted with dark magic.

Reyne
2013-06-09, 01:16 PM
Cecile rushes up from the counter. "Oh wow, I knew that shelf was old, but not that it was so ridiculously flimsy. Cracking just because you bumped into it! Thank goodness it didn't fall apart completely; then you'd have books flying everywhere!"

If the bookshelf doesn't show any signs of imminent collapse, she goes over to get Fergy's attention about the mishap.

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-09, 03:21 PM
Ryan nods along, carefully trying to move the two halves of the now bisected book out of the woman's eye line.

Finding no better place to put them Ryan looks for a bin and then hurriedly stuffs the incriminating evidence into it muttering: "Frange! Frange! Frange!" and the book broke into tiny pieces.

Standing up again he turned back to the group. "Sorry about that. Had to throw out a few receipts."

Once more, Baleful Utterance: he doesn't need to use Latin, he just thinks he does...

Rolling for that terrible lie... [roll0]
And for my second roll, a natural 2. Slowly improving...

Morcleon
2013-06-09, 05:03 PM
Nigel and Filensia

With a smile and nod, Nigel slips Hyperspace into his jacket. He opens his mouth to say something, but is interrupted by the loud noise! Walking over, he blinks down at Ryan with a faint smirk playing about his lips. "...really. Receipts."

Filensia scoffs at Phillip. "My comment could easily have been construed at commenting on my reading. Yours, however, was a blatant statement."

Reyne
2013-06-10, 01:55 PM
Hearing the comment on her way back to the counter and assuming it's directed at her, Cecile stops in embarrassment. "Oh, erm, I'm sorry I forgot; did you want a receipt?" she asks Nigel

Morcleon
2013-06-10, 03:55 PM
Nigel

Blinking, Nigel turns to Cecile. He stares uncomprehendingly at her for a few seconds, then nods with a sheepish smile. "Ah, yes. That would be wonderful, actually."

Reyne
2013-06-10, 04:44 PM
Cecile rushes over to the counter, nearly tripping over her own feet in the process, and a few moments later, Nigel has his receipt in hand safe and secure. "Sorry about that", she says with a sheepish smile. "It's been a long day; I don't usually forget like that."

Morcleon
2013-06-10, 09:23 PM
Nigel

Gazing bemusedly at the little dojikko, Nigel smiles back. "Hey, hey, it's alright. At least you remembered on your own, right?"

He gives her a wink and grin. "It's been a long day for me too. I probably should have asked for one..."

Reyne
2013-06-10, 10:53 PM
She frowns, a bit confused. "Oh; I got so flustered since I thought you were asking for one. I guess I misheard; really must be tired tonight. Who's knows what I'll be doing next, hallucinating dragons in the sky or pink elephants and whatnot."

What's a dojikko?

Morcleon
2013-06-10, 11:10 PM
Nigel

"...oh." Nigel chuckles. "My mistake then; I wasn't, ah..." He pauses, a slightly exasperated pout on his face. "...did you know that it's pretty much impossible to say 'I wasn't talking to you' in a polite way?"

Lowering his voice to a whisper, a small smirk plays about his lips. "Funny that you would mention dragons..."

Dojikko. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Dojikko) It's a TV Tropes link. You have been warned. :smalltongue:

Reyne
2013-06-10, 11:51 PM
Cecile rolls her eyes jokingly for effect."No, no worries. I'm not self-centered enough to be upset that customers at the store have people to talk to other than Random Salesclerk #1728. At least the people here are politer than they were in the States."

She lowers her voice to a whisper, copying Nigel: "...So why are we whispering, is this some cloak-and-dagger stuff? What about dragons?"

Morcleon
2013-06-11, 09:59 AM
Nigel

"A minute or two ago, there was a dragon flying overhead." Nigel sighs. "I just thought I'd let you know. It could come in handy..."

Then he grins at her. "And yes, I'm part of the magical world. And I know you are too."

Reyne
2013-06-11, 01:28 PM
Cecile seems absolutely blindsided by the sudden words. "Ummm... what? Is this a joke? Dragons flying overhead? What makes you think that I'm part of the magical world? There is a magical world?"

She pinches herself a few times. "Oh wait, did I just hallucinate you saying something completely crazy? I must be tired." She laughs weakly.

freyathefairy
2013-06-11, 02:13 PM
Fergus

In side the envelope is a letter typed up presumably with an old typewriter, it says;
Your secrets are known ALL of them, everyone's every little detail. I won't tell if you make a deal. Of course you know of the Waverly Train Station? Meet my representative by the ticket office there to discuss details

People that have seen the Dragon

The dragon seems to be circling the the skies above the bookshop slowly lowering.

Lexin
2013-06-11, 02:24 PM
Fergus sighs loudly after reading the note. He turns to other people present there at the time, looking at every one of them, who he knew had some special abilities. He lived for a long time and could spot some of them with a single glance.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it seems that if any of you kept their abilities secret, you didn't do well enough." he says, pointing at the note "And someone just thought it would be a good idea to blackmail all of us with this information. Not that I care too much, the witch hunts are long over... but still, it might be better to find out who knows about us..." He finishes and pulls a long pipe from inner jacket pocket, ignites it with a small flame surrounding his thumb and smokes quietly for a minute, looking with distrust at the fire alarm. ('It shouldn't work here by the doors, but who knows with these things...')

"Thoughts?"

Reyne
2013-06-11, 02:41 PM
Cecile reads the note in shock, dropping the pretense of perfect innocence. "Oh wow, I didn't even know that I wasn't the only one... plus I've barely used my abilities in years." She looks around the room at everyone else who's affected by the news... and the few normal shoppers going around their everyday business. "Wait, so it turns out that half the people in the store are magical? What is this, a sitcom? And why aren't the...mundane customers reacting at all?"

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-06-11, 02:43 PM
"Our what? What are you talking about?" Ryan's blood was freezing and his words were stammered out, not even halfway to a convincing lie. He closed his eyes and balled his hands up striving with all his might to contain his powers. Please don't break anything...

Dancing Shadows
2013-06-11, 03:09 PM
Greg bolts upright when he hears that they have been discovered by someone. A bluff, it has to be, and should probably be treated as such. They are probably watching us right now, very likely with that dragon, he looks out of the window, Or there is someone else watching us that I can't see. Very unlikely.

He leans on the counter and thinks quietly to himself, No one could have found out about my abilities. I have been too careful. Prehaps Fergus or one of the other employees here might have guessed but this letter here is trying to catch us out. Make us reveal ourselves. Someone has been a little too clumsy and whoever wrote the letter asumed that they knew more like themselves. And if the others aren't careful they will reveal themselves.

He looks to the cat; that, upon closer inspection, looked like a very strange creature from an anime that he couldn't remember the name of, and wondered if it was a spy. If it was, he was discovered by whom so ever as trying to blackmail him. If it wasn't, he was discovered by someone with aparently no tact; walking around with a strange monster. Either way he was going to get found out soon enough.
He swore quietly to himself. Things were really not going as planned.

Morcleon
2013-06-11, 04:21 PM
Nigel and Filensia

Letting out a sigh, Nigel smirks at Cecile. "Of course you aren't the only one. I would have expected someone of your caliber to be able to tell that my dear Filensia is, in fact, an eladrin."

Said eladrin throws him a glare. "Hmph. It's not suprising that a mere human like her could see past my disguise..."

"But that's beside the point. The dragon is slowly spiraling down as we speak. I calculate a 65% chance that it is somehow related to this letter." Filensia walks around, tapping each person (and creature) lightly on the head. "This should serve as a preliminary defense against any who would wish us harm."

"Good." Nigel nods at his companion, an unusually serious look on his face, despite his usually laidback attitude. "Now then, I propose we meet this interestingly knowledgeable person. Cautiously, of course."

"...and Ryan? Please stop faking it. I can tell that you wield eldritch powers, and frankly, I don't give a damn about where they came from. We've all been targeted, so we're all in this together. Discord can create failure faster than any enemy could."

You all gain a blur spell for 6 minutes. This will be refreshed every so often.

Reyne
2013-06-11, 04:55 PM
In a blur, Cecile drops the tired quirky look, and her face becomes serious. "Dragons... I knew they existed, but thought they were long-extinct", she mutters. "We should probably prepare ourselves first against the dragon, our more immediate threat." Thinking out loud, she continues: "I could scry the location in the note... oh wait, where's a silver mirror when you need one? Forget that."

She spends a bit longer reading the note before going to the window to look at the dragon.

First, trying two sense motive checks. The first to see if the writer is luring us into a trap or something, or it's actually this straightforward. The second to try and figure out what the intent of the dragon (if it's going to attack or not)
[roll0]
[roll1]

In addition, about how high is the dragon above the shop? Also, I completely forgot to buy a 1,000gp silver mirror with my WBL for scrying. Ah well...

Quilo
2013-06-11, 09:35 PM
Deciding he's waited long enough John opens tha door to the small shop, entering abruptly. Noticing the others he stops, A dragon? I know of no such thing..., he lets the door slam behind him.

Lexin
2013-06-12, 02:27 AM
Fergus looks at the newcomer.
"Then open your eyes, boy." he says and points the dragon with his hand.

*pause*

"Let's see..." he puffs his pipe, taking a long breath and then let's it out, outside the doors. In seconds a huge humanoid shaped cloud forms, like a Genie from a bottle. Fergus speaks to it in a weird language resembling more sounds of blowing wind than any human speech.

Auran:"Go. See how far the dragon is. Find out if it is hostile and come back."

... and the creature flies right up.

Call for Aid (Summoning Invocation)
for Smoke Paraelemental (Manual of The Planes p. 184)
Int 6, speed: Fly 90 ft (perfect)
Summoning lasts for about 3 minutes.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zqFoq3qej2c/S_M-kJl85fI/AAAAAAABWkY/AONlT38N_qA/s1600/Full_SmokeMonster.jpg

supernerd
2013-06-12, 01:04 PM
Sparky was stunned to hear about their blackmail, but also, more happily so, that the normal occupants hadn't reacted, "Yes! that means that I can talk in public in something other than meowing!" He was relieved as ever, and thankful that people just heard the meowing. "Oh, yeah, blackmail..." His ears drooped as he remembered how they were threatened with exposure.

Phillip was a bit more serious toward the current threat, "So, as soon as the dragon gets close enough to identify, I'll have more information on it. Until then, it might be best to go to the station. I'd like to meet whomever we're up against. If we need to get up in the air, I've got a friend that can help with that."

Reyne
2013-06-15, 03:44 PM
Watching the flurry of activity around her, Cecile is rather unsure of what she can do, other than standing around like a useless blob. Maybe I should practice magic some more, she thinks. I've barely used any in ages, and so I have no idea of what to do in situations like this. But then, who would have thought that you'd just be working late one night and suddenly oh my gosh you're being blackmailed and a dragon is about to attack? But in the meantime, she can only hope that the other people in the store can keep the threat under control, and wait for the dragon to get closer before she does anything.

Dancing Shadows
2013-06-17, 10:47 AM
After a long, hard think Greg decides that he will try to offer them advice on their course of action but wouldn't join if nobody here knew that he wasn't normal (apart from that strange yellow beast). If they didn't know he was a highly trained assassin, it is unlikely that anybody else knew.

He clears his throat, "I think that whoever wrote this is bluffing. Well mostly bluffing. I think it is unlikely that they knew that any of you had powers. They are attempting to get you all to reveal themselves and their nature but making a broad, all including statement. And from what I see it is working. Not only do you admit to having strange abilites, you reveal other's abnormalities as well.", he throws a glance at Nigel at this point,
"My advise is for you to stay well away. Even if they aren't lying and do know all your powers it is likely a trap. They probably want you for their own nefarious purposes; to advance their political power or to assassinate an enemy or to make them rich or famous. You shouldn't trust the letter."

freyathefairy
2013-06-21, 03:43 PM
Fergus, Sparky and Philip only
It apears to be a Juvenile Black Dragon
Fergus Only
As the smoky shape rises the dragon seems to become panic as it suddenly swerves for the ground.

The skies darken even more as the dragon approaches the ground and screeches.

http://gi253.photobucket.com/groups/hh62/5WXH2U7N3B/Black_Dragon_In_Air_2.jpg

Roll for Initiative.

Lexin
2013-06-21, 03:49 PM
"Watch out! Black dragon incoming! Prepare for a battle... and DON'T BREAK ANYTHING!" says Fergus politely and in a very calm voice... to a point...

Initiative [roll0]

Knowledge (Arcane) [roll1] = +4 attack/damage bonus
(For Knowledge Devotion purposes)

Reyne
2013-06-21, 04:02 PM
Cecile tries to discern what she can about the dragon before taking action

Knowledge arcana: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Morcleon
2013-06-21, 04:13 PM
[Nigel and Filensia]

Sighing, Nigel fingers his ring hesitantly. He pauses for a second, then steps outside. A flash of light, and he is clad in a large suit of dull grey armor, not too far from those in the Iron Man comics, but with two large feathered wings. And in his hand he holds an impractically large blade. "Filensia, run distractions. I'll take it on close in. Everyone else, I have no idea what you guys can do, so just do what you can."

"Oh, and another thing. I don't want to kill this one. Not yet, at least."

Dancing Shadows
2013-06-21, 04:54 PM
Gregory scolds himself for not paying more attention to the giant mythical beast flying towards them and takes cover under the counter. He takes a moment to debate whether or not to help then decides if they die, he probably dies too and that wouldn't be at all good. He retrieves his crossbow from his hiding place, thanking himself for his foresigh, and readies himself to leap out at the beast.

Don't break anything? I won't, can't promise the dragon won't do the same.

Init: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]
Taking cover [move]
Retriving hidden item: crossbow [standard]

supernerd
2013-06-21, 11:22 PM
Phillip saw the young dragon and his face lit up, "Guys it's just a kid. And hey, if we can get it down without killing the little one, I can catch it. Then it should be only a little ways to what all this one knows about what's going on." Phillip then switched to the Monster's Tongue, which would be perceived as whatever language the beast spoke, "Listen, buddy, we don't want to hurt you if we don't have to. But if you really want to fight, then so be it." Seeing as how the little one made its entrance, he looked to his side, "Sparky, it's your turn."

Initiative:
[roll0]

Lexin
2013-06-22, 10:13 AM
After all the running to keep the dragon from more populated areas Fergus is a little out of breath. "I am getting too old for this!" he shouts "People my age should not be running around, like some kids..."
"Anyway... let's get to the whole fighting business..." he says ... and nearby street lights blink while his flesh warps forming completely different form.

Kolyarut
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuMb3y_kE-xX3FWsHZxyoEDsTXR7UWh-X5s1-OLNkBUF9CDFSe

He then slowly walks to the dragon and touches him gently, his palm covered in barely visible dark red light.

Touch Attack [roll0] +4
Damage [roll1] +4 (and the same amount of Temp hp for Fergus)

After that he, again, says something in the whistling language, calling the Smoke Elemental back, in case it was needed.

Morcleon
2013-06-22, 11:27 AM
Nigel and Filensia

Dashing around to the other side of the dragon, Filensia snaps her fingers, forming a roaring wall of wind around the beast.

"Well if you're getting too old for this, maybe you should step back and let the kids handle this one, ne?" Nigel grins at Fergus. He flies forward, an aura of fire surrounding him, arcing his blade above his head to smash into the dragon with a devastating blow aimed to disable, not to kill.

Filensia:
Move: To the other side of the dragon from Nigel, 15 feet away.
Standard: Use wind wall SLA to surround dragon.

Nigel:
Full-round: Charge black dragon, dealing nonlethal damage (-4 to attacks). Using Rend Energy (4) to deal points of fire damage, and forcing a DC 24 Fort save or be dazed for one round.
Attack: [roll0] (critical on 13-20)
Damage: [roll1] slashing (nonlethal) + [roll2] cold (nonlethal)
Critical Confirmation: [roll3]
Extra Crit Damage: [roll4] slashing (nonlethal)
Enfeebling: [roll5] Str damageStats:
Nigel
HP: 117/117
Rend Levels: 82/86

Filensia
HP: 45/45

Reyne
2013-06-22, 01:48 PM
Cecile pauses in surprise at the display of magic and might in those around her. Shaking herself, she speaks a few quick words in Draconic Umm, I don't want to hurt you, can we stop fighting please and talk this out?. Then she readies herself to cast a spell if the fight continues.

Cecile readies an action to cast the spell Unluck as soon as the dragon makes any aggressive moves (to attack, use its breath weapon, etc.) In that case, the dragon must first make a Will save DC 22, or else for the next 12 rounds, whenever it makes a dice roll (attack, damage, saves, etc.) it must roll 2 die and apply the worst result. Cecile will also get +4 to the next initiative roll or save within 24 hrs.

Jormengand
2013-06-22, 02:32 PM
Solion suddenly flies down on the scene (having already seen the dragon earlier) from the side, and attacks with his bolt thrower as soon as he can. They don't call him a superhero for nothing!

Initiative: [roll0]
Move: Fly 45 ft on, draining 1 power from wings.
Standard: Attack with Bolt thrower against dragon. Hit [roll1] Damage [roll2]

al'Lan Mandrag
2013-07-05, 02:57 PM
Ryan watched the others darting around him, and he felt a surge in his gut.

No...

The power was surging at his finger tips, writhing everywhere beneath his skin. The necklace he wore, a relic that had once belonged to a family of Russian sorcerers was glowing and lending even more energy to the roiling filth that he could barely contain.
Emitting a wordless scream Ryan stabbed his hand into the air and released the magic, shaping it subconsciously into a beam of light and fire.

Eldritch Blast (Maximised + Noxious Blast): Ranged touch attack [roll0]

42 Damage. Fort save DC 23 or be nauseated for 1 minute.