PDA

View Full Version : Help with Maps please

Hua
2013-06-07, 06:01 PM
I ended up having to DM again for a bit. Does anyone have links for various maps of towns, farms, dungeons and caves that I can use? I can populate a map much faster than I can draw something up from scratch.

I do grab stuff from http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/mw but additional sites, or even general DM resources would be great.

(I have an overall world, but more local stuff is what I'm really looking for. I should be able to fit things into the overall world).

Thanks for any assistance.

buttcyst
2013-06-07, 07:25 PM
there was a city builder released as a 3.5 DMG expansion, pretty useful. also, don't get too wrapped up in the details, keep it simple and add to it as they spend more time there. you'll have to wing it at times, but if you want completeness, make a character sheet for any NPC they have more than just passing dealings with and keep notes on them after sessions.

Character sheet is a loose term BTW, NPC's don't all have to be 20th lvl fighters with feats out the neck. it can simply be a piece of loose leaf or a note card with their name, location, attitude toward party, basic checks and saves, I usually do all stats 10, +2 on saves, +1 on skill checks... depending. it's mostly a reference to look at when the party mentions going to see that NPC in 6 months real time.

sounds like it could be fun, good luck