PDA

View Full Version : Is this real life?

Kornaki
2013-06-07, 08:47 PM
Jumplomancy is apparently a word in my swype dictionary. Did I just type this once like 6 months ago in my phone and forget about it? I'm unsure if it's possible to look up what the default swype dictionary is (google doesn't help), so can anyone confirm if this is for real?

Flickerdart
2013-06-07, 08:50 PM
Or is it fantasy?

Wait, are we not doing that? I thought we were doing that. Damn.

Kazyan
2013-06-07, 08:52 PM
Not default. My swype dictionary is getting filled with DnD terms--it's just gonna happen on these boards. For example, I got 'golem' as a suggestion instead of 'happen' in that last sentence.

Larkas
2013-06-07, 08:53 PM
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality.

Alternatively, David after Dentist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs).

Raven777
2013-06-07, 08:59 PM
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see.

On the other hand, I wish that after half a century of sci-fi, my spellchecker would recognize "teleport".

Gildedragon
2013-06-07, 09:03 PM
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy

Raven: Your spellchecker needs to learn 5th level spells obviously.

jumplomancy: making your jump checks do ridiculous things? probably by synergy-ing it with perform?

Kazuel
2013-06-07, 09:05 PM
Cause it's easy come, easy go.

Slipperychicken
2013-06-07, 09:06 PM
My phone suggests "DM" when I wand to type "if". It's very annoying, but hasn't caused problems yet.

Arcanist
2013-06-07, 09:12 PM
A little high, little low

The apps site might have a dictionary for it... Hopefully it doesn't work off the cloud or your dictionary might include "Yolo" and "Swag"... :smallannoyed: Why is my generation so stupid?

Slipperychicken
2013-06-07, 09:16 PM
Why is my generation so stupid?

Every generation is that stupid.

TheStranger
2013-06-07, 09:19 PM
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me

Chronos
2013-06-07, 09:32 PM
The phone might be updating the dictionary based on sites you've visited, or it might be using Google or somesuch.

How much do you have to type before it assumes "jumplomancer"?

mattie_p
2013-06-07, 09:40 PM
Mine doesn't trigger on jumplomancer, not yet anyway. It goes right to my pbp dm's name. I have a few others that pop up frequently, but they escape my mind right now.

Gildedragon
2013-06-07, 10:29 PM
To me...
Mama! I just killed a man... put my claws against his head, jumped 900' and now he's dead

So I looked it up; pretty much what I expected. Jumplomancy is doing ridiculous leaps and making people love you for it.
Exemplar with Skill Artistry (Jump) and later Persuasive Performance. I guess it synergizes with a pouncer and Tiger Claw maneuver adept. Jump to thrill, pounce to kill!

BobVosh
2013-06-08, 03:55 AM
My phone suggests "DM" when I wand to type "if". It's very annoying, but hasn't caused problems yet.

Is this a sign of your dictionary manipulating your sentence? Also if this is swype, how do you mess up 'if' and 'dm' to the point that it recognized both as accurate.

TuggyNE
2013-06-08, 04:58 AM
Is this a sign of your dictionary manipulating your sentence?

"I cast amanuensis and have it start typing." :smalltongue:

Also if this is swype, how do you mess up 'if' and 'dm' to the point that it recognized both as accurate.

Mad skillz?

PlusSixPelican
2013-06-08, 05:51 AM

The apps site might have a dictionary for it... Hopefully it doesn't work off the cloud or your dictionary might include "Yolo" and "Swag"... :smallannoyed: Why is my generation so stupid?

While Y.O.L.O. is a neologistic wash and excuse for irresponsibility; swag, or rather, swagger, has been around since the 1580's as a word. The types of people who yell "Swag!" are indeed swaggering. Doesn't mean it's not used bragging, swaggering jackasses, but they're not, strictly speaking, wrong.

Especially the older ones. ^^

Also, autocorrect was put in place because people are too lazy to spell. If we spell better, they'll stop having it.

ddude987
2013-06-08, 08:30 AM
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead

Man I love this song... oh right the op. Umm jumplomancy op:smalltongue:

KillianHawkeye
2013-06-08, 09:16 AM
While Y.O.L.O. is a neologistic wash and excuse for irresponsibility; swag, or rather, swagger, has been around since the 1580's as a word. The types of people who yell "Swag!" are indeed swaggering. Doesn't mean it's not used bragging, swaggering jackasses, but they're not, strictly speaking, wrong.

I don't think we're talking about the same 'swag.'

Zelkon
2013-06-08, 09:20 AM

u cant wory bout peeps hatin' on ur swag when #YOLO!

Slipperychicken
2013-06-08, 10:26 AM
Is this a sign of your dictionary manipulating your sentence? Also if this is swype, how do you mess up 'if' and 'dm' to the point that it recognized both as accurate.

I'm not entirely sure what Swype is, but I posted that from my phone. Might have been autocorrect, might have been my huge fingers triggering the "d" instead of "t", without time to proofread.

Immabozo
2013-06-08, 10:54 AM
Momma, life has just begun, now I'm gone and thrown it all away

Jumplomacy, performing great leaps to make someone like you. Like having a female character roll jump checks instead of diplomacy?

Ravens_cry
2013-06-08, 11:03 AM
Mama! Ooh! Didn't mean to make you cry, if I am not back this time tomorrow, carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters.
This is the Jumplomancer* (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870138/The_Jumplomancer_-_are_you_serious) by the way.
*which falsely implies he preforms divination through jumpling, <etymological grumble/>

Keld Denar
2013-06-08, 12:29 PM
Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine

Jumplomacy, performing great leaps to make someone like you. Like having a female character roll jump checks instead of diplomacy?

Jumplomancy? (http://rustyandco.com/comic/level2/level-2-10/)

Immabozo
2013-06-08, 01:00 PM
Jumplomancy? (http://rustyandco.com/comic/level2/level-2-10/)

haha, exactly!

Svata
2013-06-08, 03:57 PM
Body achin' all the time

Arcanist
2013-06-08, 05:23 PM

Dear god no... That... No, no, no, no, no.

u cant wory bout peeps hatin' on ur swag when #YOLO!

Stupid stopped being funny to me when I was 6 and realized that it is an infectious disease.

[Citation Needed]

Venusaur
2013-06-08, 11:21 PM
Jumplomancer is a thing. He or she jumps, and everybody becomes a fanatic.

Not quite as hilarious as assplomancy, though.

BobVosh
2013-06-09, 01:22 AM
I'm not entirely sure what Swype is, but I posted that from my phone. Might have been autocorrect, might have been my huge fingers triggering the "d" instead of "t", without time to proofread.

Swype is a type of keyboard, I think only android although that information is old so who knows, that you wiggle your finger around and it tries to match it to the correct words. (http://www.swype.com/) So moving my finger from the letter D to the letter M makes my swype think I'm typing: fnm, fm, db, 44n, D50, GM, gn, em.

FNM is because of friday night magic, fm is obvious, db is decibels, 44n is part of a password I messaged once, GM is game master, no clue about gn or em.

I am amused I have GM but not DM in my phone when I mainly play D&D.

Despite how odd "wiggle your finger on the keyboard" sounds, it is pretty fast once you get used to it. Also the longer the word, the better the results are.

Flickerdart
2013-06-09, 02:25 AM
An em is a typographic unit of measurement (equal to the width of an m glyph in a given typeface), if that helps.

BobVosh
2013-06-09, 04:08 AM
It doesn't in the slightest, but it is interesting.
For the sake of completeness, the most likely gn is thus: Giganewton, a metric unit