PDA

View Full Version : Best spells to use in either Repeating Magic Traps or Runecrafter's Runes?

Nettlekid
2013-06-07, 10:09 PM
Question says it all, really. If you have access to either Repeating Magic Trap cheese, or the capability to inscribe permanent magic runes which work either when read or touched, what are some of the best spells for it? I'm imagining useful, one-use-but-frequently-usable spells like Surge of Fortune and Guidance of the Avatar. What else?

Gildedragon
2013-06-07, 10:52 PM
Am I keeping them or not?

Heal or Remove Disease would be among the best if I can move these traps around. "Hey townsfolk! Gather Round for wellbeing"

For adventuring purposes: Gaseous Form, Spell Enhancer

Nettlekid
2013-06-07, 10:53 PM
I'm thinking like, gloves and tiles with Runes on them, so you could hold onto them but also pass them around if need be.

Gildedragon
2013-06-07, 11:09 PM
Mirror move wouldn't be bad, or Heroics

Nettlekid
2013-06-07, 11:16 PM
I've already thought True Strike, True Casting, Wraithstrike, Surge of Fortune, Guidance of the Avatar, and Battlemagic Perception. That ensures crits with basically any attack, magical or physical, +20 on skill checks, and a good defense against casting when I can free action counterspell and autoroll a 20. What else would be good?

Also, what are good spells (and triggers) for Craft Contingent Spell?

Gildedragon
2013-06-07, 11:53 PM
It depends on the spell.
Casting of another spell?