PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a friend's build...

gr8artist
2013-06-08, 04:34 AM
We are about to start a PF/3.5 game where all material is allowed (except some 3rd party and whatnot, subject to DM)
My friend wants to play an Arcane Trickster, but wants to be an oracle/rogue base.
The problem is AT's "arcane spells" prereq. So we're looking for ways for a divine caster to get into that PrC or something like it with as little effort/investment as possible.
We're starting at 5, and she wants to play a kitsune (though she may be persuaded to change her mind.)

So far, it's looking like she's going to need at least 1 level of an arcane caster to qualify. Which sucks.

Sutremaine
2013-06-08, 05:57 AM
Has the DM ruled out swapping the arcane requirements for divine ones and making a 'Divine Trickster' instead?

gr8artist
2013-06-08, 06:21 AM
No, not yet. That was my suggestion, but she hasn't asked him yet. We can (hopefully) find out monday.
I'm just trying to come up with alternatives, so that in case he says "no" she can still proceed with her character how she intends to.

Waker
2013-06-08, 07:30 AM
Was there some particular aspect of being an Oracle that your friend wanted to use? Because it would probably be easier to simply play a Sorcerer with the appropriate bloodline. Getting an 2nd lvl SLA would could be done, but since the requirements specify "spell" you are going to have to multiclass.