PDA

View Full Version : Eidetic Wizard and Fighter Wizard interactions

Wings of Peace
2013-06-08, 07:29 AM
Can the Eidetic Wizard variant from Dragon Magazine #357 and the Fighter Wizard variant be taken together? The reason I ask this is because when I was reading over Eidetic Wizard it doesn't say the character loses the class features (which I believe is the common language) instead under the "Replaces" entry it says "If you select this class feature you do not gain a familiar or the Scribe Scroll bonus feat".

Now, if we apply the Eidetic Wizard variant to the character first before we apply the Fighter variant then obviously there's a clash between the two features. If the Fighter variant is applied first then I could see an argument for the combination being legit on the grounds that we still "do not gain" a familiar or the scribe scroll feat.

Does this hold up to RAW? Normally I'd think not but the wording is different from the standard language enough I thought a possibility may exist here.

Waker
2013-06-08, 07:32 AM
The wording on Eidetic Spellcasting was poorly worded, but my reading of it is that you lose both the Familiar and Scribe Scroll. So you couldn't take both that and the Fighter Bonus Feat variant.

Alleran
2013-06-08, 07:33 AM
The wording on Eidetic Spellcasting was poorly worded, but my reading of it is that you lose both the Familiar and Scribe Scroll. So you couldn't take both that and the Fighter Bonus Feat variant.
This. It might be a bit off in terms of wording, but that's the reading that makes the most sense to me.