PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a Dvati fighter

Samalpetey
2013-06-08, 12:24 PM
I plan on playing a Dvati when I next make a character, and I'm currently looking for ideas for them. I'm thinking of playing a mageslayer (The dm isn't too good with casters so they aren't too strong for that) or a sneak attack fighter type. My main idea so far is some kind of sneak attack fighter ACF/Rogue 3 for penetrating strike. Anyone got any ideas for this? The only real concrete thing is the martial fighting, pretty much everything else is changable.

Amnestic
2013-06-08, 01:00 PM
I plan on playing a Dvati

Before you continue at all, you need to go see your DM and get a ruling on how Dvati work exactly with regards to the action economy. One of the Playground members managed to track down the designers and posted this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7815509&postcount=32), which is an important read when it comes to Dvati.

Samalpetey
2013-06-08, 01:25 PM
Before you continue at all, you need to go see your DM and get a ruling on how Dvati work exactly with regards to the action economy. One of the Playground members managed to track down the designers and posted this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7815509&postcount=32), which is an important read when it comes to Dvati.
Oh deary. I thought it was 2 sets of actions, but now I'm just getting confused

The Viscount
2013-06-08, 01:43 PM
Dvati are an absolute mess. I would recommend against playing as one. (Two? They even mess up grammar!)

My favorite example would be attempting to make a dragonborn dvati.

geekintheground
2013-06-08, 03:42 PM
dvati can be really fun, but it does require a LOT of working with your dm (but the same could be said of anything in D&D). the sneak attack build is probably best for them since they help themselves flank. and with rogue, you can trap search 2x as fast. youre gonna want to be hard to hit because your hp isnt gonna be great and if one of you dies the other one will go insane.