PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of Pact Magic

jguy
2013-06-08, 12:36 PM
So has anyone else gotten this book and ran characters from it? I got it awhile back and I played a Half-Orc Spirit Binder. It was a pathfinder game. Honestly, I ignored the basic spirits altogether and I went with the Anima's. For the cost of a feat I don't have drawbacks, just costs me money to bind again on a failed attempt.

A few things I found. Anima Binding along with multiple Augment Pact feats can lead to some shenanigans. I regularly bound Our Lady of Blades and The Oak of Broken Sky. Our lady of blades gave me a free keen along with a 60ft line attack with that weapon. Oak of the Broken Sky gave me Woodshape at will and one of the most abusable abilities I have ever seen. It is called Spray of Sap that is a ranged touch attack that does 1d6 a round per binder level but also gives the grappled condition, no save. I regularly saved the party by just spraying the big enemy every round.

Anyone else experienced similar things?

Thrice Dead Cat
2013-06-08, 02:56 PM
I have a copy around somewhere, but have never really been able to use to it due to being a third party book of an uncommon subsystem. From what I remember about it, the various based classes didn't strike me as anything special, at least compared to the binder class.