PDA

View Full Version : [Evil] Spell Optimization

Black_Zawisza
2013-06-08, 01:31 PM
If one had a way to make all the spell they cast [evil] (namely, by taking levels in Tainted Sorcerer), are there any optimization tricks that would be particularly relevant? A feat that applies exclusively to [evil] spells cast, for instance?

Kevingway
2013-06-08, 01:36 PM
Well you have the Spell Focus (Evil) feat, which would also allow you to qualify for Ur Priest if you desire (though good luck succeeding on the Will Saves to get out of Tainted Sorcerer ever again). I believe if you had taken the Alignment Caster variant (Sorcerer variant from one of the Dragon Magazines I think?) you'd get a +1 to all Evil spells, similar to the feat. I may be proven wrong, however.

Though really, you wouldn't need either of these things since everything now is based off your Taint score, so just jack that up and suddenly you have spells that no one can meet the save requirements for. I don't think there are many options for true optimization of alignment-based casting, however. If you had actual energy sources (cold, etc.) for your spells, then you'd really be sitting pretty.