PDA

View Full Version : [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCIII: Defeating kido with kindness!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

strawberryman
2013-06-08, 01:54 PM
"They say that this isn't just a war anymore; it's the war. It's the last one that really matters, and the last one that will ever matter."

~ Anonymous Shinigami trooper, Killed-in-Action by Low-Level Hollow.

50 years ago, the Menos retreated. After their last great assault against Soul Society, they dropped off the map completely. They no longer assaulted either afterlife or the mortal realm. The thirteen Court Guards thought they'd struck the decisive blow against their foe and finally won their ageless feud.

As peace persisted, winds of change began blowing through the antediluvian streets of Seireitei. Seeing as no great military threat existed to threaten them, the 13 Divisions were pared down to 6. The old Captains retired to the ranks of Division 0, handing down the command to younger generations.

Sadly, the Shinigami were wrong.

They should have never become so complacent.

The Menos came back with a vengeance. They cut swathe through the Outer Districts - one of them, District 78, saw a massacre so bad it became known as the "Scarlet Garden". Once the jewel of outer Soul Society, it was reduced to a smoldering wreck. Among the casualties were two most powerful Captains remaining, as well as the venerable Suou house of minor nobles.

The commander of Gotei, Izanagi-no-Mikoto, left for Soul King's palace to seek aid from the elder Captains. He has not been seen since. His replacement, Sally Sparrow, has proven to be an ill fit for the position, and remaining Captains might have to ask her to step down. Gotei 6 is in disarray, and finding itself woefully undermanned and underequipped to face down its enemy.

Fortunately for them, the Hollow rampage has halted in its tracks. The former King of Hollows, Dainichi Nyoria, has either gone missing or been assassinated by his successor and former right-hand mand, Jehoel Yurius. Seeing this as their chance to regroup, the aged Captain of Medicine & Logistics has layed out their next goal:

Refounding of the 13 Court Guards!

Yet, while their enemy is intimidating, Hollows might not be their sole problem. How could the Hollows plan their assault unnoticed for 50 years? It seems unlikely they could've done so without inside help. There could be a traitor among their ranks... but who? And why?

Elsewhere, perhaps the most powerful mortal medium of the century has made acquitance with Jehoel Yurius. What these two devils will do is yet to be seen, but it won't be good for either the worlds of the living or those of the dead...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to BiTP:R2. This is a bit different, because we keep dying due to lack of action, lack of conflict, et cetera.

A few things before we begin.

You may be:

A Shinigami.
A Hollow.
A spiritually powered mortal.

But, keep in mind - this is a new war, that has occurred directly after peace. Even the captains are fresh, all the old ones either having been promoted to Zero Squad or retiring. In this war, there is no "Oh I don't like fighting" in the ranks that is loudly proclaimed. The higher ranks are oftentimes insane or fight so hard and often that they don't really consider others human anymore. Captains will make tough decisions all the time - send a favored subordinate to death, or doom a District to destruction? Kill one civilian to save a hundred, or try to save as many as you can?

It'll be pretty fun.

Here is an example of a low-powered foot soldier.

John Smith

Height: Average.
Weight: Average.
Side: Seireitei.

Appearance

The most generic of everymen.

Personality:
As generic as generic can get.

Abilities:

John is handy with a pike, and has some talent with Kido. Overall, he's pretty average.

[Write a bunch of stuff your character can do here. The more specific the better!]

Race Specific Add-ons:
Shinigami

Zanpakuto:

Example

Name: Muramasa

Release Command: "March, Muramasa!"

Appearance: An average sized katana, with a blade as black as the night sky. It faintly glints in the moonlight.

Shikai:

Appearance: The blade does not change, but the wielder gains a spectral cloak that floats around him/her.

Abilities: The wielder can now control up to eight nearby dead bodies, manipulating them to his/her will. The bodies retain full use of their abilities from life, and only stop when the wielder releases them from their tormented awakening.

Bankai: <NOTE: Most likely not applicable for anyone, even captains. You're a wartime Captain, a rapid promotion who has no real experience.>

Appearance:

Abilities:

Arrancar:

Zanpakuto:

Example

Name: Carpe Jugulum

Release Command: "Strike, Carpe Jugulum!"

Appearance: A small but sinister looking dagger.

Resurreccion:
[spoiler]
Appearance: The wielder is covered in armor, his/her eyes only barely visible beneath their new, three horned mask. They grow to a massive size, and their hands and feet can now work in unison in order to strike an opponent.

Abilities: The wielder has an exceedingly keen eye, able to strike with uncanny accuracy. They most often focus on the throat.

Segunda Etapa: <NOTE: Rare Rare Rare. Very few people can have this, unless they justify it really well.>

Appearance:

Abilities:

Da Rules:

Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633965&postcount=5)
Second, please remember that we plan to have a far more directed plot than Nexus. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first.
Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.
Fourth, have fun!

New and Improved (but loose) Rules v.1.1!
These "rules" are more loose guidelines that serve another FFRPG very well so I adopted them into this one, because they work.

Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
TALK major fights over with your opponent!
This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM... It keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. On that note...
Don't argue in the OOC!
They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC.

These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.
Shamelessly stolen from the Railgun OOC write-up, which you should all go check out and play.

Important Links
•OOC Thread 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252085)
•IC Thread (Spirit World) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287823), (Mortal World) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287821)
•Character Registry (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255986)

Episodes:
Episode 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290965)

Gaiden
Gaiden Episode 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290710)
Gaiden Episode 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290972)

Into the breach, dear friends.

Tebryn
2013-06-08, 01:56 PM
Before anyone elses posts here.
K (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96gLbxMO93s)i (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gppbrYIcR80)t (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D36JUfE1oYk)t (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7AyRDKMJ2c)e (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLCOTpjBGcs)n (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZSbC09qgLI)s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxwH9RbQzJ0).

Draken
2013-06-08, 01:59 PM
Friendship beats Magic.

Tebryn
2013-06-08, 02:01 PM
Friendship beats Magic.

Only if you're into fillies.

Kuroimaken
2013-06-08, 02:10 PM
Blunderbuss. No, seriously.

Also, KD: if you're reading this, Masaru has male bonding to do. :smalltongue:

dancrilis
2013-06-08, 02:27 PM
dancrillis: I'm asking you politely: Please just drop the subject.
I'm happy to just want to understand powerlevels before I have a powerful person be underpowered or a weak person be overpowered.
But if other people want to continue I am happy with that also.

But I will respond to the below spoiled section as I was accused of effectively being a hypocrite.

1) Can't or won't? There is nothing that suggests Hanatarou cannot use Shunpou AT ALL.
If we're talking 'evidence', then there is no evidence to support your claim.
Dubbed episode 197 where he is running to catch up with Byakuya.

I can't use the flash step.

Please don't imply that there is no evidence to support my claims as a blanket statement - it implies that I am a hypocrite.
If I misremember something I will own up to it and feel free to call me on that, but to simple state that I don't play be my own rules is somewhat offensive.

horngeek
2013-06-08, 02:38 PM
...lots of stuff happened while I was asleep, I see. Like being skipped over in both Hollow fights.

strawberryman
2013-06-08, 02:42 PM
Natsuko's seele schneider cracked Shell Scrapper's helmet. :smalltongue:

Apologies, I kind of intended him as the "premier hollow" for Chuck, so he got the killshot there; the same for Ragehorn and Katsuo, although Katsuo just got to be the guy to stop Ragehorn.

horngeek
2013-06-08, 02:48 PM
Ah, okay.

I'm essentially whinging about Hinata not getting in the killshot on Ragehorn here, since it'd help me to establish what I was hinting at earlier.

On the other hand, this might be a bit early in their character arcs to establish that anyway. *shrugs*

So, let it stand as it does I suppose.

strawberryman
2013-06-08, 02:53 PM
Ragehorn, I'll admit, to wanting to expedite a bit. So apologies for rushing there. He was kind of a terrible match for a quincy, though. When he got moving, he literally couldn't be stopped by anything short of equal physical force.

The same is true of Scrapper, his armor was intended for Chuck to break through with his firepower. I tried not to make it all about them, but.

Zweisteine
2013-06-08, 02:53 PM
Does this universe have extended incantations, allowing people to cast Kido above their level with much difficulty (and talking)?

Kuroimaken
2013-06-08, 02:58 PM
Does this universe have extended incantations, allowing people to cast Kido above their level with much difficulty (and talking)?

The maximum level a person can cast is often presumed to be accompanied by incantation.

And the closer to their maximum, the more difficult it tends to be.

But talking in and of itself doesn't allow you to break your limit.

horngeek
2013-06-08, 02:59 PM
Ragehorn, I'll admit, to wanting to expedite a bit. So apologies for rushing there. He was kind of a terrible match for a quincy, though. When he got moving, he literally couldn't be stopped by anything short of equal physical force.

The same is true of Scrapper, his armor was intended for Chuck to break through with his firepower. I tried not to make it all about them, but.

Is okay. :smallsmile:

dancrilis
2013-06-08, 03:01 PM

My understanding of Kido at present is as follows from discussion over the last few days.
1. Every Shinigami (right down to students in the academy) has it to the 30s at the least, more powerful people can get higher.
2. Eishōhaki is assumed for anyone that uses it frequently, but the incantation aids in the power.
3. Eishōhaki can allow for silent casting.

KnightDisciple
2013-06-08, 03:03 PM
The maximum level a person can cast is often presumed to be accompanied by incantation.

And the closer to their maximum, the more difficult it tends to be.

But talking in and of itself doesn't allow you to break your limit.

Right. Requiring the incantation is a sign that a Kido is more difficult for you.

If the incantation is optional, it's going to be used when power's more of a desired effect.

(Incidentally, as far as "everything above 90 for Hado is sacrificial" or whatnot, the counter-point is Hado 91 (http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Senj%C5%AB_K%C5%8Dten_Taih%C5%8D), which is potent but not a huge AOE or anything.)

strawberryman
2013-06-08, 03:06 PM
Is okay. :smallsmile:

But yeah. Katsuo just kinda suplexed a bull. :smalltongue: A giant bull. A giant soul-eating bull.

A "what just happened" may be in order.

Demidos
2013-06-08, 03:37 PM
About that Hollow appearing near the museum/near the cathedral:
Would those participating in the fight be interested in back-up? I have a bored Bount on my hands who could be passing by. :smallsmile:

strawberryman
2013-06-08, 03:41 PM
I don't think there's any hollow near the cathedral, that was just Terry misinterpreting C'nor's post.

Spacewolf
2013-06-08, 03:55 PM
So what were most people opinions of The Oran group?
To much trouble, Interesting, Worth adding, etc?

Tebryn
2013-06-08, 03:58 PM
I like it...but a problem with both Jeheol's and...The Oran's bit is that the Rukon isn't nearly as forgotten and decrepit as it was in canon. Sawada pumped money into the outer reaches over his 100 year Vice Captaincy, large teams were recruited to help build the White Tiger Temple. This Soul Society is at least...passingly caring for their stewardship.

KnightDisciple
2013-06-08, 04:04 PM
I also find it questionable how there are people out there as powerful as higher-seated officers that a.)haven't gone through the Shinigami academy, and b.)haven't been noticed by Internal Security or, really, anyone else.

Why is a important?
-Without the Academy training their skills won't be nearly as comprehensive or refined.
-Without the Academy they'll never get an ausachi and thus never be able to properly manifest their sword.

As well, I'm not so sure about introducing a faction of that scope and power.

I'm not against the idea that there's dissension in the Outer Rukon Circles. But I am kind of against them being the equivalent of an entire Division in power. Which is pretty much where they stand right now, despite no real reason that they're that strong.

I mean, what sort of powers would they even have?

dancrilis
2013-06-08, 04:04 PM
I like it...but a problem with both Jeheol's and...The Oran's bit is that the Rukon isn't nearly as forgotten and decrepit as it was in canon. Sawada pumped money into the outer reaches over his 100 year Vice Captaincy, large teams were recruited to help build the White Tiger Temple. This Soul Society is at least...passingly caring for their stewardship.

Ah ... that, that I did not know.

I actually assumed that it was in fact somewhat worst then in the manga with the Shinigami being more insular and less willing to take students from the outer regions (considering them rabble) as there was no need in the last 50 years as the war was over.

This would allow the outer districts to have sufficent powerful people to have a sizeable membership. And if not a grudge against soul society no true loyalty to them, the nobility or central 46.

strawberryman
2013-06-08, 04:11 PM
Pass. On the Oran.

I echo Frozen's comment. Any Rukon complaints should be background, at best.

Spacewolf
Hmm that does make sense does make it all abit less logical.

Also Tebryn if you missed it Castus was talking to Hei. Although depending on how up to date Hei Chan has been kept he might not even recognise Castus since he was probably exiled within a few years of Castus joining the SSI. So he might just blow Castus off.

Just whatever you want really, i was just looking for something for Castus to do.

Tebryn
Well, I was going on the assumption that for the last 50 years other than the stray Hollow the Shinigami haven't had a lot to do. If cleaning up and generally making the Rukon wasn't a priority than I can't think of many other duties they'd have had. With Sawada though, he was born in the Rukon. A District past The Scarlet Garden. Those were his stomping grounds. He gave back to where he came from for sure. If anything, the outer regions may well be better off than the middle districts merely on that merit but by that metric there'd be some bleed of industry and what have you. Two recent hollow attacks certainly should cause some fear but the idea that there is a mob nearly at the ready to rise up is probably not the most logical conclusion to take here. Not to mention we really don't need another faction. Oh, and KD's concerns as well.

Hmm that does make sense does make it all abit less logical.

Also Tebryn if you missed it Castus was talking to Hei. Although depending on how up to date Hei Chan has been kept he might not even recognise Castus since he was probably exiled within a few years of Castus joining the SSI. So he might just blow Castus off.

Just whatever you want really, i was just looking for something for Castus to do.

No no, I missed it. I'm sorry. Haven't really had the mental energy to even click on the actual IC thread for the last two days so...I'm significantly out of the loop in regards to it. I didn't even know the result of the Itto Kaso until Terry posted about it.

Spacewolf
2013-06-08, 04:20 PM
Don't worry about it was just pointing it out. No need to rush or anything.

dancrilis
2013-06-08, 04:23 PM
Well, I was going on the assumption that for the last 50 years other than the stray Hollow the Shinigami haven't had a lot to do. If cleaning up and generally making the Rukon wasn't a priority than I can't think of many other duties they'd have had. With Sawada though, he was born in the Rukon. A District past The Scarlet Garden. Those were his stomping grounds. He gave back to where he came from for sure. If anything, the outer regions may well be better off than the middle districts merely on that merit but by that metric there'd be some bleed of industry and what have you. Two recent hollow attacks certainly should cause some fear but the idea that there is a mob nearly at the ready to rise up is probably not the most logical conclusion to take here. Not to mention we really don't need another faction. Oh, and KD's concerns as well.

Fair enough, my general idea from a meta prospective was that at the moment there are a lot of characters running around soul society, and giving them an non-arrancar minor political threat might make things interesting, (and allow them to shine).

Also allowing the Arrancar to begin to form alliances with this group (honest or not).

And allow for the group to be brought into the fold once a full war broke out with the Arrancar.

Whether they became a an arm for soul society or an arm of the Arrancar would depend on how they were treated, and might even split the group.

But if it is to much hassle to introduce or people don't think it works with the established setting no worries. I would be happy to adapt it or have it adapted but not a concern if they should remain in the background exclusively.

Mina Kobold
2013-06-08, 04:32 PM
Oooh, nice! :smallbiggrin:

Post should be up soon~

Yay! ^_^

Though, it is nearly midnight here, so expect a teensy delay from me. Weird condition I have, something about "humans need sleep". :smalltongue:

Speaking off:

No no, I missed it. I'm sorry. Haven't really had the mental energy to even click on the actual IC thread for the last two days so...I'm significantly out of the loop in regards to it. I didn't even know the result of the Itto Kaso until Terry posted about it.

I am probably completely off here, but coupled with your comment last thread about being awake for a long long time, it really sounds like you need rest. I really hope I am just misunderstanding, and I can't really tell someone else to rest more, but 48 hours without sleep sounds very worrisome. Are you all right? ._.

Really sorry if I am blowing something out of proportions or making things worse. All apologies! m(_ _)m

KnightDisciple
2013-06-08, 04:33 PM
FYI, Kuroimaken, I'm going to respond one more time IC with Masaru, and then I want to give DoB a chance to catch up.

Tebryn
2013-06-08, 05:21 PM
I am probably completely off here, but coupled with your comment last thread about being awake for a long long time, it really sounds like you need rest. I really hope I am just misunderstanding, and I can't really tell someone else to rest more, but 48 hours without sleep sounds very worrisome. Are you all right? ._.

Really sorry if I am blowing something out of proportions or making things worse. All apologies! m(_ _)m

It's alright dude. Thanks for the concern.

Kuroimaken
2013-06-08, 05:26 PM
More than fair enough, KD.

As far as the Oran goes... While I'd rather not see it either, I wanted to point out something that may sound interesting as far as worldbuilding goes for those who were not around for the second iteration of the game. We DID have something along the lines of a potential adversary in the outer reaches of the Rukon then, though it was much more limited in scope: the Shi'tenou.

You see, one of the characters back then was originally from Zaraki. Think Kenpachi but slightly less crazy strong. The guy was powerful enough on his own (before becoming a Shinigami) that his being around generally allowed him to run a small portion of Zaraki in a more chivalrous manner. He left to become a Shinigami because of his Reiatsu manifesting as certain... health issues.

Anyway, one day he returned to try and take Zaraki back from the hands of the criminal element. He did so by tackling the four biggest, baddest guys in charge of running Zaraki like 1930's Chicago, the Shi'tenou. He basically beat back each one of them (except for one, which was a mob boss type, but much less of a fighter), all without returning to Seireitei - although on the last fight he was beset by a two-on-one combo. It is worth noting that the character in question was a borderline Vice-Captain in terms of power, and he fought two of the Shi'tenou one after the other without using his Zanpakutou at all. Then, he set out to fight a third, and was beset by the master of the second, whom happened to be a rogue Shinigami. He won, but was very injured in the process. The last one just gave up, figuring he couldn't beat the man in a straight-up fight, even if he set all his men on the guy.

For his trouble, and for stepping on a lot of toes, the character got himself the appointed responsibility of cleaning up Zaraki as part of a taskforce he would organize himself.

Anyways, we did have such antagonists in the past. Their sole purpose was to antagonize a seated officer, and were beaten to a pulp for their trouble. While they did pose some trouble to Zaraki, and therefore to the Gotei, they weren't meaningful enough on their own to constitute a faction or even to serve as more than sideplot. The likelihood of some random bum arising from Rukongai and becoming an actual menace is, honestly, slim.

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-08, 05:36 PM
Posting most for sake of having posted in the new thread.

Up till 3 last night working on a story for a different site. Had to force myself to take a break when I was somehow confusing what I was writing with the RP.

When Wonder Woman tries to activate her Shikai, it's time to go to bed.

Here is a funny picture:
http://img.pistolshrimp.mobi/funnyphotos/originals/15177.jpg

EDIT: and a funnier picture:
http://www.animecrazy.net/forums/members/u22658/digimonfanatic43-albums-funny-bleach-pics-picture67205-oh-my-god-south-park-bleach-anime-demotivational-poster-1209406098.jpg

dancrilis
2013-06-08, 05:42 PM
Again I am not to concerned about them not being in it, but part of the thinking was that sure there are some powerful people - but there are lots of people that are merchants and farmers.

And these people don't need to eat, they provide all the food for Shinigami and other powerful people.

Well if they start acting up they don't need to be violent or a threat - they can strike and starve you.

I was hoping for a more subtle threat and resolution then simply some shinigami goes and and demands obedience. It would be appropraite for unseated officers to action, for seated officers to over see and something that Vice-captains would brush off there desks.

It allows the lower orders to shine without needed to have Shikai or any real serious combat skill, while allowing them opportunities to gain some experience and for character building etc.

But if it is a dead horse no need to flog it (not that I support the flogging of living horses).

Here is a funny picture:
http://img.pistolshrimp.mobi/funnyphotos/originals/15177.jpg

I am somewhat partial to this one.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/350/4/2/tousen__s_blindness_by_patsy92-d34zmca.jpg

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-08, 05:55 PM
@Edge and Terry: The (Parenthetical Bolded Italicized Arial Narrow) stuff was meant to be an indications of sublocations within the world, sorry.

Lucy did slip inside, though she wasn't actually running, as such, but Hothead popped out in an entirely different location, to provide interaction with Keveak's character. :smallredface:

Edit: Also, I apologize for the upcoming pun.

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-08, 06:37 PM
This proposal kind of got lost in the pages, but since CMOTDibbler hasn't posted in forever, and I'm not sure he will, now would be a perfect time to say his Espada character died, either in the ice-kido or the suicide-kido. I could deliver the "news" with Karasu, but I want to make sure I'm not overstepping boundaries.

Edge
2013-06-08, 06:40 PM
Uh, C'nor? "Milady is a bell"? :smallconfused:

EDIT: Nevermind, I just got the joke.

Kuroimaken
2013-06-08, 06:42 PM
Gonna let KD reply before I get another post in.

Demidos
2013-06-08, 06:42 PM
This proposal kind of got lost in the pages, but since CMOTDibbler hasn't posted in forever, and I'm not sure he will, now would be a perfect time to say his Espada character died, either in the ice-kido or the suicide-kido. I could deliver the "news" with Karasu, but I want to make sure I'm not overstepping boundaries.

As an Espada, I condone this. :smallbiggrin:

Actually though, you should PM him (if you haven't already) to double check. Its probably fine if you already have and he hasn't answered in the last couple of days.

One question though...What Ice Kido? :smallconfused:

Zarah
2013-06-08, 06:54 PM
So it only took me forever, but I finally have a write-up. I also have some other character ideas pending. But for now:

The Moto Quincy Clan
The Moto Clan is one of the four remaining Great Quincy Families under the leadership of Hikari Moto. They are originally from Japan, but have spent the past 50 years or so in Europe (mostly Germany) where they have been expanding their multi-billion dollar corporation. Unlike some of the other Quincy families, the Moto family has not shied away from public exposure. Moto Corp is recognized worldwide as an economic powerhouse and many experts believe they have nowhere to go but up. Of course, the corporation acts as a cover and for funding for the clan's spiritual research and development of Quincy arts.

The Moto clan is shrewd and practical. Cold and professional. They serve only themselves and will never hesitate to ensure their own survival by going to any lengths necessary. However, they are known to work with others in what would seem like an effort to strike a common ground, but in reality is merely serving the Moto family's personal agenda. The Moto family itself has mostly been dissolved by now. Hikari and her son claim to be the only remaining members of the bloodline, but it is of little relevance to the clan as a whole. Members are rarely linked by blood and are closer to being employees than they are family. As such, they are often looked down upon by the more traditional Quincy families. Although they have been able to use their immense wealth to buy up many well-trained Quincy warriors, they are not the most physically intimidating Quincy family. Despite their lack of combat strength, there is little doubt among the Quincy that there are none more manipulative.

When it comes to relations with other spiritual factions, the Moto clan takes a largely neutral stance. They rarely intervene in the affairs of Hollows or Shinigami unless they can pry some sort of benefit from it. Instead, they pour money and energy into their own research and political agendas. They firmly believe that civil war amongst the Quincy is an inevitability and have been trying to gather as many allies as they can before the sparks ignite.

Above all, should the Moto Clan ever betray you, just remember that you can take comfort in knowing it wasn't personal.

It's just business.

"Violent winds are upon us and I can't sleep..."
Hikari Moto
Station: Moto Quincy Clan (Leader), CEO of Moto Corp
Speech: #2faaaf

Description:
Hikari is an imposing woman. She is tall, thin, and quite attractive. However, she also possesses a steely gaze that can pierce many a man's soul. She has short black hair and stunning blue eyes. It's often rumored that her eyes were once brown, but after many years of exposure to the clan's reishi research, they have permanently shifted color.

Hikari is also a businesswoman. She always dresses like a professional, usually in expensive suits and dresses in order to maintain her public image. It's very rare that she breaks this habit.

Personality:
It's been said that Hikari could stand against an entire army with only her wits and still come out on top. She is smart, charismatic, and dangerously manipulative. She never does anything without weighing her options. Then she molds the options until she gets something that suits her needs and chooses that instead. Though she has made enemies in the past, she is remarkably adept at diffusing conflict with her business and her clan without violence. Her talent for political manoeuvring is legendary.

Her ruthlessly practical mindset has allowed her to get far in life and she has no scruples when it comes to self-preservation. She'd put her own son on the line if it meant she could walk away herself. In her eyes, honor and justice are meaningless concepts that serve only as a hindrance more than anything else.

History: The Moto Clan was always wealthy. They moved to Germany from Japan 50 years ago where they started a construction company, Moto Construction. As time passed, the company expanded into other areas and eventually grew into a corporation worth billions of dollars.

Hikari was an only child, so from the moment she was born, she was groomed to be Moto Corp's heir. While Hikari's father always kept an arm's length from her, she was much closer to her mother. That is, until Hikari was 10 years old. During a rogue Hollow attack on the mortal world, Hikari's mother stepped in and was killed in battle. Upon hearing about the event, Hikari's father simply stated that her mother wasn't strong enough to survive. After that, Hikari redoubled her Quincy training to ensure it would never happen to her.

Hikari continued to grow under the neglectful eye of her father. She quickly learned that she would never have his full attention, so she changed tactics. Instead, she tried to undermine him as often as possible. By the time she was 18, she was already running half of Moto Corp. Pleased with her development, her father would slowly give her more and more control of the company. When she was 26, she was fully responsible for their family business and her father retired.

But Hikari wanted more.

Behind the scenes, she had been manipulating members of the Moto Quincy Clan. While her father demanded that he be left in charge of their Quincy legacy, the gears were already in motion. Five years after retiring, her father was dead. No explanation was ever given. From then on, Hikari took control of the Moto Clan and began leading them into the next generation.

Abilities:
Intellect: Hikari's intellect is her primary weapon. She is not built for combat as well as some other Quincy may be, but she has many warriors working beneath her for such combat situations. She relies on her cunning and manipulative nature to carry her through any conflict that arises.

Polyglot: Hikari is fluent in Japanese, German, English, and French.

Quincy Bow: Scarlet Robin upon a Broken Branch – Hikari's bow is one that she holds very dear to her heart. It's the one bow that she has trained with since she was a child and as such, she rarely uses any weapons other than it. It is medium-sized, but with concentration, Hikari can adjust its size and shape for power or speed depending on her current situation. The cross is a cufflink that she always wears on her left sleeve on all her suits. If she is not wearing a suit, then she will usually put it on a chain around her neck.

Seele Schneider: Hikari's expertise is not in close combat. As such, she is trained to escape and retreat to distance if possible. She is trained in the use of full-sized Seele Schneiders in melee range, but she is much more comfortable with the dagger-sized equivalents that her research department developed. She often carries a Seele dagger on her at all times just in case.

Ginto: Hikari is trained in the art of Ginto, but does not show any particular excellence in it either.

Hirenyaku: Hikari is trained in hirenyaku enough to employ it, but once again does not excel with it.

Hand-to-Hand Hikari is trained in some basic martial arts as well. Though certainly not a master of any, she knows enough to defend herself should the need arise.

I haven't kept up with Bleach in a couple years, so I'm not even going to pretend to understand what those new Quincy terms mean.

AnimeKid
2013-06-08, 06:55 PM
Posting so I can just look for the check when something new comes up. Also would it be out of the question for Naijeru to show up at the graveyard scene? I just haven't posted with him in a while and it seemed almost all the Combat Divisions seated officers were there.

horngeek
2013-06-08, 06:58 PM
The wiki would be your friend, Zarah.

I'll post when I get home btw.

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-08, 07:02 PM
The wiki would be your friend, Zarah.

Speaking as someone who had to build an Arrancar having seen two widely-scattered episodes or so, I can confirm it's a pretty major help. :smallwink:

Zarah
2013-06-08, 07:06 PM
I already looked them up on the wiki and just got more confused. I'll have to devote more time for research later.

It kind of baffles me that Bleach is even still going at this point. I pretty much stopped caring entirely after Aizen was dealt with.

Tebryn
2013-06-08, 07:27 PM
The Bleach manga is like a horrible relationship. You know it's over. It knows it's over. But neither of you can bring yourself to stop each other just to make the other suffer a little more.

strawberryman
2013-06-08, 07:30 PM
Same here, Zarah. Same here. :smallsigh:

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-08, 07:37 PM
@Demidos: Sawada opened up the fight with a powerful Ice-Kido. I don't feel like looking up the name or number right now.

@Zarah: There is already a character named Hikari in the game. Not that there can't be two, but just know there could be some confusion.

@AnimeKid: Sure, this is pretty much an unofficial Unseated meeting anyway.

The hilarious part about talking of the Bleach manga is that, if you follow the Bleach discussion thread, the consensus is that last issue just potentially closed most of the major plot holes in Bleach. :smalleek:

Tebryn
2013-06-08, 07:41 PM
The Ice Kido is Hyōga Seiran, Glacier Vapor Storm there is no number but I made one up that felt right. The recent chapter of the manga was hysterical in all the wrong ways.

horngeek
2013-06-08, 07:45 PM
The hilarious part about talking of the Bleach manga is that, if you follow the Bleach discussion thread, the consensus is that last issue just potentially closed most of the major plot holes in Bleach. :smalleek:

Heck, this arc has been doing an... impressive job.

I mostly read the manga for the cool fights, but this is sucking me back into the story itself. :smallbiggrin:

horngeek
2013-06-08, 08:02 PM
Incidentally, what's the state of the Captain's meeting?

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-08, 08:06 PM
Incidentally, what's the state of the Captain's meeting?

Waiting on a reply from Viera Champion. And Froze is gone for the weekend.

Tebryn
2013-06-08, 08:11 PM
Is Viera also on the chopping block? I've got to admit...I don't get why we have to kill them. Can't their characters just be demoted so if they do come back they can still play? I'm not against removing them from Captain/Espada level positions to open them up to other people. Just...death is so final.

Kuroimaken
2013-06-08, 08:20 PM
We could well put them in a coma. Same end effect for all intents and purposes, because being in a coma in Las Noches is like checking in at Arkham Asylum.

Incidentally, when I mean someone at random at the gates, ANYONE feel free to take up that end of the conversation.

KD, DoB, your turns.

Demidos
2013-06-08, 08:28 PM
We could well put them in a coma. Same end effect for all intents and purposes, because being in a coma in Las Noches is like checking in at Arkham Asylum.

Incidentally, when I mean someone at random at the gates, ANYONE feel free to take up that end of the conversation.

KD, DoB, your turns.

Gotcha covered.

Tebryn
2013-06-08, 08:28 PM
I think that'd be preferable over...killing a character of a player who isn't around to defend themselves.

KnightDisciple
2013-06-08, 08:32 PM
I'll let DoB go.

Comas do seem a nice compromise that let a couple things happen.
-It enforces how powerful a full-body sacrifice Kido by the head of what is, among other things, the Kido Corps would be.
-It puts those Espada to the side so more active players can become Espada.
-It leaves them available if those people ever do return.

Zarah
2013-06-08, 08:47 PM
Question. What's the status of mod souls in this setting? Would an independent mod soul be a plausible character idea?

I'm considering reviving an old character that I didn't get to do much with the first time around.

Terry576
2013-06-08, 08:52 PM
@Edge and Terry: The (Parenthetical Bolded Italicized Arial Narrow) stuff was meant to be an indications of sublocations within the world, sorry.

Lucy did slip inside, though she wasn't actually running, as such, but Hothead popped out in an entirely different location, to provide interaction with Keveak's character. :smallredface:

Edit: Also, I apologize for the upcoming pun.

Totally my fault, I apologize.

Sora and Lucy will be great friends

Tebryn
2013-06-08, 08:52 PM
Question. What's the status of mod souls in this setting? Would an independent mod soul be a plausible character idea?

I'm considering reviving an old character that I didn't get to do much with the first time around.

It would indeed. They were created at the start of the war within the S.S.I. There's more than one kind, the only one on "camera" at the moment being remotely controlled units. There are fully aware Mod Souls however.

Demidos
2013-06-08, 09:09 PM
Dorizzit:
Your last post -- God's attempt to become man or man's attempt to become god?

Also, who is this Eibon guy? He's not in canon, is he? :smallconfused:

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-08, 09:09 PM
I guess coma/demotion would be more fair.

And @Tebryn: The only reason I'm suggesting CMOTDibbler is because he hasn't posted since before Jehoel declared himself leader of the Arrancar, and I've PMed him multiple times since then. Viera Champion hasn't posted in a little bit, but IMO she's been consistent enough in the past to be okay.

I'm also not advocating anything for CMOTDibbler's other characters because they work just fine off-screen for now.

Tebryn
2013-06-08, 09:16 PM
Dorizzit:

Embrace the transcendent man.

Also, who is this Eibon guy? He's not in canon, is he? :smallconfused:

No, he's not in canon. I took the name from the book "The Door to Saturn" where he was a sorcerer and priest for an Elder God. The Door to Saturn is part of the whole Conan Mythos/Cthulu Mythos thought not written by Howard or Lovecraft. I guess he's also in Soul Eater? Animekid, that true?

He created the S.S.I before there was a Soul Society, created the Zanpakuto and was the first to achieve Bankai and collected people to help make Kido what it is...though he didn't have a hand in it.

I guess coma/demotion would be more fair.

And @Tebryn: The only reason I'm suggesting CMOTDibbler is because he hasn't posted since before Jehoel declared himself leader of the Arrancar, and I've PMed him multiple times since then. Viera Champion hasn't posted in a little bit, but IMO she's been consistent enough in the past to be okay.

I'm also not advocating anything for CMOTDibbler's other characters because they work just fine off-screen for now.

I understand why we're putting it forward. I'm not against people moving CMOT out of the Espada. I don't have a dog in the fight. I just thought killing him was a bit...harsh. He may come back?

Dorizzit
2013-06-08, 09:25 PM
Dorizzit:

I know what I said.

Tebryn: Correct, there is a character named Eibon in Soul Eater, although he hasn't been seen either.

Additionally, I concur that CMOT's characters shouldn't be killed. There are decent odds that he will return.

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-08, 09:26 PM
Posted for Hueco Mundo. Up to y'all if you want Azmus to be dead or in a coma. (Though knowing Arrancar being comatose could very well mean death either way depending on who's there and how hungry they are.)

Also, @Kuromaken: I can have Yoshiro meet up with Setsurou. He's late for his autopsy after all. :smallwink:

Demidos
2013-06-08, 09:32 PM
No, he's not in canon. I took the name from the book "The Door to Saturn" where he was a sorcerer and priest for an Elder God. The Door to Saturn is part of the whole Conan Mythos/Cthulu Mythos thought not written by Howard or Lovecraft. I guess he's also in Soul Eater? Animekid, that true?

I know what I said.

Additionally, I concur that CMOT's characters shouldn't be killed. There are decent odds that he will return.

Yep, he is in Soul Eater, thus my confusion, thanks! Must've been an interesting guy.

Huh. Okay. I'd ask, but I'm in a coma/shock/state of unconsciousness for the next many hours, so oh well.

That does sound like a better solution.

Kuroimaken
2013-06-08, 09:37 PM
Sure, let's make a party out of it. I guess he and Demidos' character are headed there anyway.

dancrilis
2013-06-08, 09:38 PM
Also, @Kuromaken: I can have Yoshiro meet up with Setsurou. He's late for his autopsy after all. :smallwink:

Lucita is also at that building again if needed.
Although she will be mostly waiting for the captain meeting to end so she can have a chat with Li and Kiba (not necessarily in that order).

Also anyone in IS who actually wants to engage in some IS work has an opportunity now :smallsmile:

Just where my thoughts are currently on that.
I am not she Sho is really fitting in with the game, but I do like the character so I am given her an opportunity to have a win or stay (if other people want her too).
My basic plan for her is that she will rob the temples of the SSI retrieve her Zanpakuto and maybe even go to the mortal world (it allows her to go out on a win for herself - and her last month has not been a complete waste).

Tebryn
2013-06-08, 10:24 PM
Yep, he is in Soul Eater, thus my confusion, thanks! Must've been an interesting guy.

Huh. Okay. I'd ask, but I'm in a coma/shock/state of unconsciousness for the next many hours, so oh well.

That does sound like a better solution.

A question for you Demidos. Is Igurashi actually 2000 years old as a Shinigami? Because if he is...he'd know who Eibon was. As in...he'd have met him. And if Igurashi was always with the S.S.I...he'd know The Order.

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-08, 10:28 PM
Totally my fault, I apologize.

Sora and Lucy will be great friends

No worries.

And... Oddly, they actually might be. I don't know whether to be pleased or terrified. :smalleek:

Terry576
2013-06-08, 10:43 PM
No worries.

And... Oddly, they actually might be. I don't know whether to be pleased or terrified. :smalleek:

Heh. Never fear Lucy, for you have a madman with a club as a best friend now!

(might want to put her in the registry)

Demidos
2013-06-08, 11:02 PM
A question for you Demidos. Is Igurashi actually 2000 years old as a Shinigami? Because if he is...he'd know who Eibon was. As in...he'd have met him. And if Igurashi was always with the S.S.I...he'd know The Order.

Whoa, you actually read my backstory :smalleek:
While yes, he is that old, most of that was as a hollow, and he's actually only been in Soul Society for the last seven hundred years, and a fair amount (~280 years) was in the Rukon District. He also spent a fair amount of time stationed in the mortal world (~80-90 years) in a backwater part of Switzerland until an Arrancar suddenly showed up to chop off his fingers. Since then he's been in and out of the Mortal World. He sees them as morally and spiritually inferior but technologically advanced. So he's been with the SSI about 400 years, give or take?

Tebryn
2013-06-08, 11:05 PM
Whoa, you actually read my backstory :smalleek:
While yes, he is that old, most of that was as a hollow, and he's actually only been in Soul Society for the last seven hundred years, and a fair amount (~280 years) was in the Rukon District. He also spent a fair amount of time stationed in the mortal world (~80-90 years) in a backwater part of Switzerland until an Arrancar suddenly showed up to chop off his fingers. Since then he's been in and out of the Mortal World. He sees them as morally and spiritually inferior but technologically advanced. So he's been with the SSI about 400 years, give or take?

Of course I did. Why wouldn't I have? I read every post...just not right when they've been posted. But not close enough apparently because you actually give a time of how long he was a Hollow. If that's the case then...he probably wouldn't be aligned with The Order. Or maybe...I'll PM and let you decide.

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-08, 11:20 PM
Heh. Never fear Lucy, for you have a madman with a club as a best friend now!

(might want to put her in the registry)

...Said madman isn't actually asking her to attack him, right? Because that could, ah, end rather badly...

Terry576
2013-06-08, 11:22 PM
...Said madman isn't actually asking her to attack him, right? Because that could, ah, end rather badly...

Totally is

Do it, he's made of iron anyways

Technically, he's offering her a punch or sword cut. She can take it completely literally and go for a killing blow, or be a normal person and have a new best friend.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS AND YOURS ALONE!~

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-08, 11:24 PM
Totally is

Do it, he's made of iron anyways

I somehow doubt this will help against the highly corrosive aspect of her Bala. I guess at least it'll neutralize the toxin, maybe? >.>

Edit: She... Does not interpret 'best shot' that way. Because mindscrew, yay! :smallyuk:

Edit edit: Actually, that's going to be what saves her from whatever horrible things would happen/keeps this from being the shortest-lived plan I've ever been part of. Alyssa wants a shot at him anyway, so she'll go for a blow in Resurrecion (maybe augmenting it with her crazy Hierro, but probably not).

Demidos
2013-06-08, 11:40 PM
Question: So why exactly was the half of the SSI which is due to become the 9th divison exiled/voluntarily left the division? I was never really clear on that, and I get the feeling I will be answering questions about it shortly.

Tebryn
2013-06-08, 11:42 PM
I'll be waiting on that PM then, Tebryn.

I'll send it along tomorrow after I get home from work. I think it's finally time to go sleep.

Demidos
2013-06-08, 11:58 PM
I'll be waiting on that PM then, Tebryn.

I somehow doubt this will help against the highly corrosive aspect of her Bala. I guess at least it'll neutralize the toxin, maybe? >.>

Edit: She... Does not interpret 'best shot' that way. Because mindscrew, yay! :smallyuk:

Edit edit: Actually, that's going to be what saves her from whatever horrible things would happen/keeps this from being the shortest-lived plan I've ever been part of. Alyssa wants a shot at him anyway, so she'll go for a blow in Resurrecion (maybe augmenting it with her crazy Hierro, but probably not).

I love the escalation in this post.
Bala-->Something stronger (probably Cero)--> TIME TO PULL OUT THE BIG GUNS.

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-09, 12:06 AM
I love the escalation in this post.
Bala-->Something stronger (probably Cero)--> TIME TO PULL OUT THE BIG GUNS.

Eh. The first edit was just that she does not interpret he best shot as being a normal attack. Taking into account that she's getting to start it off, two or three Bala would have been her choice, due to the fact that they're often lethal even with only minor contact (poisons are fun that way), and can be gotten off fast.

Now, a Cero would likewise have been a possibility - maybe even her preferred one, as her nonstandard ones can stun - but most likely not.

As for pulling out the big guns... Not really, unless she does use her Hierro, in which case, wonky spirit cutting go! In Resurrecion, her 'big guns' are primarily Cero, with needle-tentacle attack thrown in.

Her Zanpakuto does become more powerful as she uses it, of course, and its abilities are rather nasty, but seeing as this would be her first attack, it's probably actually the weakest thing, short of a punch, she could hit him with.

Terry576
2013-06-09, 12:26 AM
Then come on, C'nor.

DO ITTTT

KnightDisciple
2013-06-09, 12:28 AM
I'll do IC stuff tomorrow when I can concentrate.

@Demidos Honestly, I think it's least confusing with Shinigami to give their age as their life-span as a shinigami, and not include their mortal life or hollow existence.
Because then there's the 'well he's kind of 2000 but also kind of 700' thing going on. Which can be confusing!
But that's just a personal opinion-thing.

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-09, 12:34 AM
Then come on, C'nor.

DO ITTTT

'S one-thirty in the morning here. Slowness will be happening.

Edit: Also it does kinda feel like Isabelle might, y'know, object to this, and that Edge should be given a chance to post...

Demidos
2013-06-09, 03:22 AM
I'll do IC stuff tomorrow when I can concentrate.

@Demidos Honestly, I think it's least confusing with Shinigami to give their age as their life-span as a shinigami, and not include their mortal life or hollow existence.
Because then there's the 'well he's kind of 2000 but also kind of 700' thing going on. Which can be confusing!
But that's just a personal opinion-thing.

*Shrug*
I'll add in a note.

Viera Champion
2013-06-09, 02:01 PM
Lemme rummage through all this IC. Sorry I was missing. I had finals and I went through a pretty obnoxiously rough break-up. Kind of a mess.

Tebryn
2013-06-09, 02:05 PM
Question: So why exactly was the half of the SSI which is due to become the 9th divison exiled/voluntarily left the division? I was never really clear on that, and I get the feeling I will be answering questions about it shortly.

It...was probably not even close to half I'd imagine. The S.S.I is the second largest Division after all, 200 maybe being a quarter? But they were sent off because Sawada was trying to make the S.S.I more SCIENCE and the 9th is more like the Kido Corp of canon. None of that matters because apparently the 7th is going to be R&D though despite that having been the S.S.I.

Lemme rummage through all this IC. Sorry I was missing. I had finals and I went through a pretty obnoxiously rough break-up. Kind of a mess.

Sorry to hear that, hope things are better.

KnightDisciple
2013-06-09, 02:12 PM
It...was probably not even close to half I'd imagine. The S.S.I is the second largest Division after all, 200 maybe being a quarter? But they were sent off because Sawada was trying to make the S.S.I more SCIENCE and the 9th is more like the Kido Corp of canon. None of that matters because apparently the 7th is going to be R&D though despite that having been the S.S.I.

I think the Engineering Division (sorry, I just hate referencing #s because they're non-descriptive) was more "practical" stuff, while the SSI was more "theoretical".

Then again, the "extra" divisions still haven't formed yet. So I would say there's room for people to work together to figure out the most reasonable way to arrage things. :smallsmile:

Tebryn
2013-06-09, 02:20 PM
Right, the S.S.I did both :smalltongue:

I don't mind the Engineering Division doing it. It's one of the reasons I took my hands out of the whole discussion.

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-09, 02:23 PM
My impression, and this is purely from an outsider's perspective, would that the SSI would be SCIENCE!!! and the 9th Division would be BAKUDO BARRIERS!!! and the Engineering Division would be EXPLODING ROBOTS!!!

KnightDisciple
2013-06-09, 02:37 PM
My impression, and this is purely from an outsider's perspective, would that the SSI would be SCIENCE!!! and the 9th Division would be BAKUDO BARRIERS!!! and the Engineering Division would be EXPLODING ROBOTS!!!

Mine was that SSI would be ALL THE KIDO SCIENCE!!!, Comms&Barriers would be ALL THE BAKUDO BARRIERS!!!, and Engineering would be ALL THE METAL SCIENCE!!!.

Spacewolf
2013-06-09, 02:39 PM
Nah theres to much fun to be had mixing Kido and Metal to limit the study like that.

Mina Kobold
2013-06-09, 02:40 PM

Ouch, that sounds like quite a terrible experience even if it hadn't happened in a stress-prone period. >_<

*Offers hugs*

Hope the finals went well, though. ^_^

Draken
2013-06-09, 02:46 PM
I was expecting more of a university/business split for SSI vs Engineering.

As in, SSI looks goes for proto-prototypes and theories and cutting edge tech which they lack the resources to mass produce and Engineering... Finds a way to mass produce it.

KnightDisciple
2013-06-09, 02:49 PM
I was expecting more of a university/business split for SSI vs Engineering.

As in, SSI looks goes for proto-prototypes and theories and cutting edge tech which they lack the resources to mass produce and Engineering... Finds a way to mass produce it.

Aha. Fair enough! That actually sounds pretty logical. :smallsmile:

Frozen_Feet
2013-06-09, 02:57 PM

Glad to know you're around. I'm waiting for you to make a post with Eri and Hikaru. Then we can move the meeting to discuss the big thing: Jehoel's proposal.

Incidentally, I'm going to work on a new summary for the 1st OOC post so it's up-to-date with our story. Editing the registry is also on my to-do list. Anyone want to help me with those Division blurbs? :smalltongue:

---

And now, for things I wanted to say.

About Kido:

All Shinigami are taught to cast Kido up to mid 40s in the Academy. Period.

But this is in the same sense as "everyone in the army is taught to shoot a gun". Kido is only a part of their 6 year curriculum. No Shinigami is required to keep training in Kido after they are assigned to a squad.

How much good do you think those ~200 school hours of training will do after decades, or in some cases, centuries of not training that skill?

Yeah. There are going to be boatloads of Gotei troopers whose ability to cast spells is merely hypothetical. Zheng Li Lin, who was a chief instructor, very rarely uses any spell above 10. Why? Because while Li knows every spell and counterspell taught in the Academy, Li can only use scant few with proficiency. Li does not even use the standard "hands that glow green" healing Kido, despite knowing more than anyone else on the subject, because Li considers such spells a waste of Reiatsu.

About Hollows Vs. Kido

Before enrolling into the Academy, most Shinigami are basically humans.

Meanwhile, Hollows are horrible monsters with myriad special abilities.

Kido is not mere "advantage" for the Shinigami. It is one of the four prerequisites they need to fight Hollows on an even field.

Because the default Hollow is stronger, faster, more durable and has more magic mojo than the default Shinigami.

When a Shinigami gets hit by a weapon, that's a hospital gig for them. Lose a limb? Well, too bad for you. Robotics and Kido advanced enough to fix chronic injuries are limited to very few Shinigami. Meanwhile, Regeneration and Hierro are extremely abundant for Hollows. For a Hollow, suffering a glancing hit is often not a problem at all.

When a Shinigami gets hit by a binding spell, most of them can only flail uselessly if they don't know a specific counterspell. Meanwhile, Hollows are much bigger and stronger. Arrancars even more so. Their sheer brute force is enough to break Bakudo that are beyond most Shinigami's ability to escape.

As for utility Kido, Hollows have Garganta and its variations, Negacion abd Pesquisa. Just Garganta alone gives ability to move, hide and defend that's equal to knowing a boat-load of different Kido. What, Shinigami can learn how to use it too? Yeah, but for them, it needs training. It's not a default ability for a Shinigami. In canon, only three characters were able to use Garganta: Urahara Kisuke, Mayuri Kurotsuchi and Kaname Tosen. Two of these are crazy super-scientist, and the last was part Hollow.

For Hollows, Garganta is a default ability. This means every Hollow is comparable to an extremely well-trained Kido user.

I'd like to remind everyone, once again, that Garganta is not teleportation. It is moving to another plane. The user is physically moving. But he is moving in more than three dimensions. A Hollow could dodge a Kido behind the corner of a Garganta - we actually saw this happen already when Tinja saved Randii. A Hollow could open a Garganta before a spell, causing it to be sucked into another dimension and miss. A Hollow could throw a Shinigami into Garganta and then close it, possibly delaying their ability to participate in a fight, possibly sealing them on another plane with no way back home. Don't look at me that way, the last of these was actually Aizen's plan, and was only foiled because Mayuri Kurostuchi reverse-engineered Garganta.

Even worse, Garganta can canonically pierce into the Dangai, with all that implies. Chew on that for a second.

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-09, 03:13 PM
Keveak, do you want Rin to be walking into Hothead? Because seeing as she keeps backing up, and Hothead is behind her, well...

KnightDisciple
2013-06-09, 03:22 PM
I think you're selling the lethality of the average Hollow a bit too much, especially since Shinigami work in groups.

As for what the average Shinigami can or can't do...honestly? We have no canon evidence one way or another.

So I interpret that to mean there's room for a range of skills in all Shinigami. Some might not really practice Kido out of the Academy. Some might do almost nothing but. Some will be pretty middle-of-the-road. It's all over the place.

Li does not even use the standard "hands that glow green" healing Kido, despite knowing more than anyone else on the subject, because Li considers such spells a waste of Reiatsu.

So if she's a teacher at the Academy, why does she allow it to be taught still?

No, seriously. Starts off as Head Instructor, now becoming Commander-General. Why not say "that spell is whack, guys, ditch it and use these other spells and methods" (since I would imagine there's got to be more than 1 single healing spell).

Draken
2013-06-09, 03:33 PM
Frozen actually isn't overselling how dangerous a hollow is.

The average hollow is a dangerous predator. The average plus soul is just an unarmed and untrained bystander who may or may not have the possibility to go through somewhat intense military training to become a shinigami and have the capacity to fight the average hollow.

Interestingly. If stuff in the anime can be taken as canon (and extrapolated from some choice parts of the manga), it would appear that shinigami are less a race and more a character class. With a variety of souls, not necessarily of human origin, being capable of becoming shinigami (Captain doggy is the canon example, a Mod Soul in an anime filler arc being a not-exactly-canon example).

Frozen_Feet
2013-06-09, 03:46 PM
I think you're selling the lethality of the average Hollow a bit too much, especially since Shinigami work in groups.

The "average" Shinigami has at least 6 years of training behind them to be able to fight the weakest Hollows. Plus, Shinigami work in groups because they can't expect to succeed alone. Li held a big in-character speech about that and everything.

If you put an average Hollow next to the average Academy Student, the Hollow wins. If you put an average Arrancar next to average Gotei Shinigami, the Arrancar wins. Against a Menos of any level, 90% of Shinigami lose if they're alone. Only Vice-Captain level Shinigami can really fight Menos Grande or above toe-to-toe.

No, seriously. Starts off as Head Instructor, now becoming Commander-General. Why not say "that spell is whack, guys, ditch it and use these other spells and methods" (since I would imagine there's got to be more than 1 single healing spell).

Point first, it's useful to others even if not for Li. Point second, Li does teach those other spells and methods. Not everyone listens. :smalltongue: When Sho was healing herself, Li used rather strong words to point out it's not a good idea. Sho did it anyway.

I planned on revisiting that topic in-character, but Sho might have ruined my chance. It seems she's determined to ruin her own chance to be a law-abiding member of Gotei.

Tebryn
2013-06-09, 03:50 PM

Because she understands her personal philosophy is just that and doesn't feel the need to push it down other peoples throats by dictum? That may just be my understanding of course.

Also bravo Frozen for not using a gender or even gender neutral pronoun on Li this entire game.

Kuroimaken
2013-06-09, 04:04 PM
I think the Shinigami/Hollow comparison is kinda like a lion/caveman comparison. The lion is bigger, faster, stronger, and has big claws and teeth. The caveman has... his ingenuity. Drop them into a cage match as-is, and barring some very lucky shots or a VERY capable caveman, the lion wins. Give the caveman a weapon and he has a fighting chance, for the most part.

Remember guys, even Fraccion were enough to give a few Captains and Captain-ish level characters trouble in canon. The "average" Hollow stops being a concern after a Shinigami gets past a certain point because their tactics remain the same most of the time - and even so they've got often got special tricks up their sleeve. Arrancar change all that.

Plus the Hollows don't need structure to increase their numbers. They just wait a while, go 'omnomnomnom' and BAM, firepower increase. Shinigami, on the other hand, have to be trained.

...Huh. I just got this weird idea.

It might just be "Main Character Syndrome" but Ichigo developed his powers really really quick with just a transfer and some half-assed training - in total he spends like what, MAYBE three months of the entire story getting taught by the combined forces of his dad, Urahara and Yoruichi? Has anyone considered "force-training" potentially strong mediums in this fashion?

Mina Kobold
2013-06-09, 04:09 PM
Keveak, do you want Rin to be walking into Hothead? Because seeing as she keeps backing up, and Hothead is behind her, well...

My apologies, I kind of wanted to convey that Rin had turned and was facing Hothead with the line "stares in the direction of the Hollow", but I can see how that is really really vague. Rin can't quite see spirits yet with her left eye, but is sensing and hearing Hothead, so Rin is indeed backing away from Hothead. ^_^'

Can certainly make it so that Rin is unsure of Hothead's location and is backing right into the terrifying Hollow, though. Would be quite the fun way to realise that it is not a hallucination. :smalltongue:

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-09, 04:12 PM
My apologies, I kind of wanted to convey that Rin had turned and was facing Hothead with the line "stares in the direction of the Hollow", but I can see how that is really really vague. Rin can't quite see spirits yet with her left eye, but is sensing and hearing Hothead, so Rin is indeed backing away from Hothead. ^_^'

Can certainly make it so that Rin is unsure of Hothead's location and is backing right into the terrifying Hollow, though. Would be quite the fun way to realise that it is not a hallucination. :smalltongue:

I had thought you'd misinterpreted where Hothead was, yes. :smalltongue:

Anyway, either one is fine with me. So which do you prefer? ^_^

Demidos
2013-06-09, 04:13 PM
...Huh. I just got this weird idea.

It might just be "Main Character Syndrome" but Ichigo developed his powers really really quick with just a transfer and some half-assed training - in total he spends like what, MAYBE three months of the entire story getting taught by the combined forces of his dad, Urahara and Yoruichi? Has anyone considered "force-training" potentially strong mediums in this fashion?

I think the whole point of that was that Ichigo is special in how quickly he learns. Force-training where Former captains attempt to kill you is probably a bad idea in 99.9% of the cases.

Tebryn
2013-06-09, 04:16 PM

Ya but Ichigo sucks. That's been the point of the whole story so far. He lacks style, he lacks grace, he lacks actual training. He doesn't know Kido or hand to hand combat. He just swings his big sword around shooting energy at the enemies until they fall down or he falls down which happens more than the former. How many fights has Ichigo won exactly? And who were they against? The sixth Espada was the stongest opponent he beat without massive massive outside help. He beat the 4th by...becoming a Vasto Lorde and killing him by instinct. That's the strongest opponent he's beaten.

Frozen_Feet
2013-06-09, 04:31 PM
It's also doubtful Ichigo could've gotten back up without Orihimi Inoue being there and trying to heal him.

Kuroimaken
2013-06-09, 04:38 PM
I think the whole point of that was that Ichigo is special in how quickly he learns. Force-training where Former captains attempt to kill you is probably a bad idea in 99.9% of the cases.

Well that's kinda my point. You find out what goes right on that 0.1% case and the Shinigami have just figured out a way to mass-produce fodder.

At the very least it could be used to transfer powers from a character that has been incapacitated vis-a-vis the loss of an arm and a leg.

Though Chouko would disagree with me, I'm sure. :smalltongue:

Yeah, Modsouls are more likely to see action before that happens.

Mina Kobold
2013-06-09, 04:39 PM
I had thought you'd misinterpreted where Hothead was, yes. :smalltongue:

Anyway, either one is fine with me. So which do you prefer? ^_^

It's fine. ^_^

Since I was aiming for it, I'd prefer for Rin to be backing away from Hothead. Still plenty of chances for Rin to get thrown through a wall or two. ^w^

Draken
2013-06-09, 04:40 PM
Well, he did beat Aizen with the last ditch technique he learned with time-warp training.

But that only really shows that knowing how to make proper use of the crap you are given is just as important as raw power in the Bleach universe.

Tebryn
2013-06-09, 04:41 PM
Well, he did beat Aizen with the last ditch technique he learned with time-warp training.

But that only really shows that learning to make proper use of the crap you are given is just as important as raw power in the Bleach universe.

Urahara beat Aizen.

Frozen_Feet
2013-06-09, 04:48 PM
Well, Ichigo did beat Aizen in the sense of physically kicking his hindquarters.

But only Urahara's schemes and outsmarting of Aizen made it so that Aizen didn't just get back up and kill depowered Ichigo.

Draken
2013-06-09, 04:54 PM
Urahara beat Aizen.

Bluh bluh. Memory fail.

Tebryn
2013-06-09, 05:02 PM
Bluh bluh. Memory fail.

You...or me? I mean, technically neither of those statements are wrong? But on a personal level, Ichigo doesn't really get the win just because Aizen didn't roflstomp him after he lost his powers.

Draken
2013-06-09, 05:06 PM
Me. I honestly had forgotten that Aizen was not boasting the swirly eyes of defeat after the suicidal* last ditch attack.

*minus death.

Which is not how things usually go, so there is that.

Tebryn
2013-06-09, 05:08 PM
It was the only part of that entire arc that I enjoyed. The whole "You're the one to beat Aizen" and then he doesn't. Really just shows how much Ichigio isn't the main character of his own story. He's pathetic really. The whole story after the Fake City arc is. And even that was showing signs of Kubo just not giving a crap.

dancrilis
2013-06-09, 05:43 PM
I planned on revisiting that topic in-character, but Sho might have ruined my chance. It seems she's determined to ruin her own chance to be a law-abiding member of Gotei.

Well she has went from murder everyone -> murder lots of people -> murder some people -> refrain from murder without some flimsy cause -> don't murder people that she likes even with a flimsy cause.

That is some remarkable growth for her right there.

But as mentioned on page three I am considering writing her slowly out of the story, as I am unsure she really fits the game (regardless of my personal enjoyment in writing the sociopaths rationalisations for everything).

Frozen_Feet
2013-06-09, 05:53 PM
Awww. Maybe Li should've induced some more brain damage on her to fix that. :smalltongue:

dancrilis
2013-06-09, 06:04 PM
Awww. Maybe Li should've induced some more brain damage on her to fix that. :smalltongue:

Well I am happy for her to stay, I am just unsure if anyone else enjoys her antics except me.:smallsmile:

Tebryn
2013-06-09, 06:06 PM
Well I am happy for her to stay, I am just unsure if anyone else enjoys her antics except me.:smallsmile:

Don't mistake silence for dislike. My characters don't have a reason to interact with her. That is unless Shigure is tacked on to her but I'm waiting to post till after the Captain's meeting to post with him.

Zarah
2013-06-09, 06:11 PM
And even that was showing signs of Kubo just not giving a crap.

Kubo is a great character designer, but an awful, awful writer.

That said, even his characters have really started bleeding together lately. After catching up on the manga, it's become painfully obvious that he has entirely forgotten how to draw anything other than 3 different faces for women.

Kuroimaken
2013-06-09, 06:12 PM
I have, likewise, not had any reason to interact with her whatsoever.

Draken
2013-06-09, 06:17 PM

That said, even his characters have really started bleeding together lately. After catching up on the manga, it's become painfully obvious that he has entirely forgotten how to draw anything other than 3 different faces for women.

I kind of noticed that young Misaki looks an awful lot like Orihime. Oedipus complex?

horngeek
2013-06-09, 06:17 PM

This, although the most recent arc is actually improved IMO.

The other thing he's good at is wonderfully inventive powersets, methinks. I will always present Shunsui as having one of the most imaginative powersets I've ever seen.

Dorizzit
2013-06-09, 06:22 PM

I also like her presence. It's interesting.

Frozen_Feet
2013-06-09, 06:28 PM

It's your choice. Though Li will see her eecuted after this stunt. :smalltongue:

AnimeKid
2013-06-10, 01:07 AM
Okay did I miss something? Why is Naijeru being met with so much hostility?

Tebryn
2013-06-10, 01:33 AM
I think (Don't Quote Me) it's his rather unconcerned reaction to what they feel are rather important details.

AnimeKid
2013-06-10, 01:38 AM
The only unconcerned part was when he reacted to Koutarou's (not so)subtle insult though. But I guess?

Tebryn
2013-06-10, 01:47 AM
Like I said, that's just my reading. KD or Kuroi could answer I'm sure.

Terry576
2013-06-10, 03:15 AM
The only unconcerned part was when he reacted to Koutarou's (not so)subtle insult though. But I guess?

Because he's acting like its normal towards to a guy who just woke up and found out that a ton of people he knew and was close to are dead, and now some serious stuff is going down and he's like "Eh whatever"

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-10, 05:19 AM
Been sick all day. Sorry for not posting. Going to try to get something up in a bit.

Kuroimaken
2013-06-10, 07:33 AM
Koutarou isn't being hostile. Naijeru is just being as subtle as a ton of bricks. Keep in mind, Masaru hasn't had time to mourn at all.

horngeek
2013-06-10, 07:38 AM
*is tired, will post tomorrow*

Kuroimaken
2013-06-10, 09:10 AM
Incidentally, Animekid: what Naijeru just did is partially tantamount to insubordination. Koutarou IS a superior officer of the Command division, so he does have the power to make Naijeru's life miserable.

Luckily for Naijeru, he's pretty chill about the whole thing, though I'm waiting on DoB's post before Koutarou gives his reply.

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-10, 09:55 AM
Some questions about current plot:

- What needs to be done to further the Captain's Meeting? I know besides this whole Divisions thing the Captains need to decide what their response is going to be to Jehoel's Ultimatum. Seriously, we've got, like, 3 arcs worth of plot that need to be responded to.

- So a Ryoka (Sho) is invading one of the temples, and apparently a bunch of Soul Society's ancient prisons are being opened by a cult in the MW, and is ANYONE in Soul Society going to anything about it? I didn't think we were THAT understaffed.

KnightDisciple
2013-06-10, 10:06 AM

Koutarou isn't being hostile. Naijeru is just being as subtle as a ton of bricks. Keep in mind, Masaru hasn't had time to mourn at all.

Kind of what Kuroi said here.

Also, in an OOC sense, I don't necessarily like assuming characters are friends.

And Masaru's new, more introspective outlook and personality means he doesn't appreciate someone repeatedly asking "SO HOW DO YOU FEEL".
He already said "my feelings are my own". Naijeru asked AGAIN "how do you feel". He told him more explicitly it's not his business right now.

Some questions about current plot:
- So a Ryoka (Sho) is invading one of the temples, and apparently a bunch of Soul Society's ancient prisons are being opened by a cult in the MW, and is ANYONE in Soul Society going to anything about it? I didn't think we were THAT understaffed.
As far as the Temple thing, I'd say you can feel free to sound alarms. We could have people react to those.

As far as the Tomb under the city, I have to defer to Draken and Berry as far as how wired-up it is. The last one produced an alarm but it was ignored thanks to Espada at the Gate.

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-10, 10:12 AM
As far as the Temple thing, I'd say you can feel free to sound alarms. We could have people react to those.

As far as the Tomb under the city, I have to defer to Draken and Berry as far as how wired-up it is. The last one produced an alarm but it was ignored thanks to Espada at the Gate.

Alarms officially sounded.

If we don't have any IS to show up now may be a good time for "the Pack" and Koutarou to work together to capture a Ryoka.

Spacewolf
2013-06-10, 10:14 AM
Probably have a butterfly reach Castus after Tebyn has a chance to post (Or during if he wants to write it in). So he can decide if Hei Chan wants to come along as well.

Apparently yet another problem of the SSI though, they're mounting up that's for sure.

Kuroimaken
2013-06-10, 10:28 AM
That sounds like fun.

As far as the Captain's meeting is concerned, Setsurou still needs to make his report.

And drop PLAWT BOMBS.

Draken
2013-06-10, 10:31 AM
Just for the record, I made the alarm sound again now that the Tomb of Flame has been breached.

The event itself happens on the day after the Espada visit/tomb of stone breach. So plenty of time for Arianna and Hikaru to get up to speed on the matter and maybe get the extra information out of Li's password and then proceed to take a senkaimon to the ruined facility.

dancrilis
2013-06-10, 11:56 AM
It's your choice. Though Li will see her eecuted after this stunt. :smalltongue:

You can murder people in the outer districts.
You can murder students in the academy.
You can attack a captain with a flimsy excuse.
You can knock out a Logistic officer and steal his stuff.
You can threaten old ladies.
You can even antagonise powerful enemies at the very gates of soul society.

But when you try to better yourself with reading that's when you cross the line.

Well Lucita sent a memo on Sho to the IS when she broke her detainment, it isn't really her job to hunt her down.

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-10, 12:11 PM
You can murder people in the outer districts.
You can murder students in the academy.
You can attack a captain with a flimsy excuse.
You can knock out a Logistic officer and steal his stuff.
You can threaten old ladies.
You can even antagonise powerful enemies at the very gates of soul society.

But when you try to better yourself with reading that's when you cross the line.

Does Sho have a library card? Cause the SSI takes that VERY seriously. :smallbiggrin:

Well Lucita sent a memo on Sho to the IS when she broke her detainment, it isn't really her job to hunt her down.

When there's a Ryoka involved, canon at least sets a precedent that it's EVERYONE'S problem.

dancrilis
2013-06-10, 12:23 PM
When there's a Ryoka involved, canon at least sets a precedent that it's EVERYONE'S problem.

Well there is also the fact that Lucita has been drinking, has no idea where she went, and frankly is from my perspective a competent Vice-captain (in terms of mentality and power) but not at the absolute fighting level of someone like Kiba (as an example), she is the newest vice-captain and got promoted because her predecessor was over worked - not because she really earned it.

More directly in terms of a fight Sho is a completely different level of beast than her - even without Karia, Lucita knows this from having dealt with her.

Part of the reason she asked Li for a meeting to discuss, stating that she knows who she is.

5a Violista
2013-06-10, 12:52 PM
It seems I still don't have internet on the weekends, so I didn't post for the last day or so.

I have class right now, and I will have it for the next four hours, but when I get back, I'll have the one-armed Valentina find the unconscious Azmus before she proceeds to the Palacio Central Bath Salts. (I'll try to write it in in one post, to avoid delaying everyone else further. Will anyone have a problem with that?)

Draken
2013-06-10, 01:05 PM
It seems I still don't have internet on the weekends, so I didn't post for the last day or so.

I have class right now, and I will have it for the next four hours, but when I get back, I'll have the one-armed Valentina find the unconscious Azmus before she proceeds to the Palacio Central Bath Salts. (I'll try to write it in in one post, to avoid delaying everyone else further. Will anyone have a problem with that?)

Just have her arrive and leave the bath to me. It will be quite special. :smalltongue:

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-10, 01:12 PM

In case it was missed, I posted in Hueco Mundo that Karasu was attempting to contact the other Espada to lead them to Azmus's location.

Tebryn
2013-06-10, 01:52 PM
I don't particularly feel a post is needed for this in the IC thread but keep in mind that the Temple Grounds of the S.S.I are both ancient and sacred to the S.S.I and perhaps the whole of Soul Society barring individual characters feelings. As such...Hado, most Bakudo and generally any attempt to form reiatsu is shut down by very old, very powerful spells. Because it'd be real silly if an entire Division of Science/Spellcrafters didn't protect their libraries with anything less.

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-10, 01:55 PM
I don't particularly feel a post is needed for this in the IC thread but keep in mind that the Temple Grounds of the S.S.I are both ancient and sacred to the S.S.I and perhaps the whole of Soul Society barring individual characters feelings. As such...Hado, most Bakudo and generally any attempt to form reiatsu is shut down by very old, very powerful spells. Because it'd be real silly if an entire Division of Science/Spellcrafters didn't protect their libraries with anything less.

Fair. I was hoping there would be at least some kind of protections there. What about nonviolent Bakudo like the tracking/communications Kido, or Bakudo specifically designed to protect the library?

dancrilis
2013-06-10, 02:00 PM

Cool, would echo DiscipleofBob's question.

Also what do you mean by 'form reiatsu', does this refer to Barriers exclusively or something else (Shikai, Shunpo etc).

Tebryn
2013-06-10, 02:07 PM
Fair. I was hoping there would be at least some kind of protections there. What about nonviolent Bakudo like the tracking/communications Kido, or Bakudo specifically designed to protect the library?

They're probably loop holed in ya. Something like Tenteikūra would go without a hitch. I don't know how many people would know Bakudo that would be designed to protect the libraries and the Temple Grounds outside of the S.S.I however.

Also what do you mean by 'form reiatsu', does this refer to Barriers exclusively or something else (Shikai, Shunpo etc).

The latter. Shunpo probably doesn't take enough reiatsu to trigger...what ever is there to interrupt it. But a Shikai...ya. It wouldn't stop you from releasing but something like Getsuga Tenshō would dissipate or be absorbed in some way.

Frozen_Feet
2013-06-10, 02:43 PM
@dancrilis: aye, it's the straw that breaks the camel's back. Because even at her best, Sho is still being criminally insubordinate. And still has criminal lack of common sense.:smalltongue::smallwink:

---

About the Hollow tomb, the thing is, they're ancient. It's a miracle the alarms are working *at all*. No-one has likely checked those things in decades, perhaps even centuries.

Draken
2013-06-10, 03:01 PM
@dancrilis: aye, it's the straw that breaks the camel's back. Because even at her best, Sho is still being criminally insubordinate. And still has criminal lack of common sense.:smalltongue::smallwink:

---

About the Hollow tomb, the thing is, they're ancient. It's a miracle the alarms are working *at all*. No-one has likely checked those things in decades, perhaps even centuries.

They are only working because those are the last ditch alarms. They only ring when the prisoners themselves are practically out.

The alarms that would ring at sensible timings in which the escapes could be prevented are all broken. :smalltongue:

5a Violista
2013-06-10, 05:39 PM
Unrelated question: How do Zanpakuto get fixed? I recall it happening in the Manga before, but I don't remember how.

Reason: I have a character, Peredur, with a broken Zanpakuto, and he might want it fixed sometime.

Also, is there somewhere I should put Miya at? I thought I remembered there being another hollow attack somewhere away from most the other mortal kids, but I can't find a post that said that, so I was probably imagining it all.

dancrilis
2013-06-10, 05:45 PM
Unrelated question: How do Zanpakuto get fixed? I recall it happening in the Manga before, but I don't remember how.

Reason: I have a character, Peredur, with a broken Zanpakuto, and he might want it fixed sometime.

Well I think the Shinigami can fix it themselves with time Renji's gets broken enough for that or Ichigo in his fight with Kenpachi (or Kenpachi after the fight).
I think it only really becomes a problem if you happen to be Ichigo and are using Bankai at the time it breaks.

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-10, 05:51 PM
Also, is there somewhere I should put Miya at? I thought I remembered there being another hollow attack somewhere away from most the other mortal kids, but I can't find a post that said that, so I was probably imagining it all.

Actually, that's perfectly correct - a Hollow named Hothead is currently speaking with (though may be trying to chew on soon) Rin, in a museum, and you're welcome to drop Miya in as well, if you like.

Terry576
2013-06-10, 06:06 PM
Actually, that's perfectly correct - a Hollow named Hothead is currently speaking with (though may be trying to chew on soon) Rin, in a museum, and you're welcome to drop Miya in as well, if you like.

Do you want to continue the scene without Edge? It's been a good three days since I've seen him around.

strawberryman
2013-06-10, 06:10 PM
I think he started work recently. Dunno what else to say.

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-10, 06:20 PM
I believe as long as they aren't in Bankai form, Zanpakuto heal naturally given rest and time.

Also, bandages fix everything. (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=226)

horngeek
2013-06-10, 06:25 PM
Okay, so I've got Daiki, Natsuki and Hinata to post for...

*goes to post*

*waits until The Time Is Right to post for Akane* :smalltongue:

KnightDisciple
2013-06-10, 06:39 PM
[Soul Society]
Academy

Done outlining the new curriculum, Sato sends out messages to all the instructors, the request to the Kido Corps
Dude, there's no "Kido Corps" in this game. There's the Shinigami Science Institute (SSI). That's the equivalent. :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2013-06-10, 07:28 PM

The Foreshadowing Room

"I want out. Can I?"

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-10, 07:38 PM
The Foreshadowing Room

"I want out. Can I?"

[Four Shadowed Rooms]

"I thought you were supposed to be in the other thread?"

Kuroimaken
2013-06-10, 07:53 PM
Forced Owing Room

"I am EVERYWHERE. Until they release me, anyway."

Seriously though, do you mind having the school's coolest grandpa saving Rin?

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-10, 08:08 PM
Forced Owing Room

"I am EVERYWHERE. Until they release me, anyway."

Seriously though, do you mind having the school's coolest grandpa saving Rin?

[Room For Shadows]

"Wait, who are you?"

And, to shamelessly copy, you, seriously, who is he? I think I missed his form... I probably don't particularly have any objection to that, though. Of course, if Keveak and/or Mahroni do, that's a different story, but I can't speak for them, obviously...

Kuroimaken
2013-06-10, 08:15 PM
That'd be Hasunaga Heiaki.

AKA Solid Snake as a schoolteacher. In the Bleach universe.

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-10, 08:23 PM
That'd be Hasunaga Heiaki.

AKA Solid Snake as a schoolteacher. In the Bleach universe.

Now I have an urge to bring over one of my characters who was based on the Beauty and the Beast Unit... We probably don't need another Fullbringer, though. Especially not one who turns their memento into power armor. >.>

Kuroimaken
2013-06-10, 08:31 PM
Which one? Please tell me it's not Mantis. I HATED that boss fight.

EDIT: Although Raven was kind of a pain, too.

Dorizzit
2013-06-10, 08:49 PM
No direct correlations.

Frozen_Feet
2013-06-11, 12:45 AM

Once a Shinigami has properly bonded with an Asauchi, a Shinigami's Zanpakuto will eventually fix itself. It's just a matter of health and willpower on the wielder's part.

That is, unless it was in Bankai when it was broken. A broken Bankai usually doesn't return to how it was before. It needs to be put back together and maybe remodeled. As with other broken things, lots of duct tape, chewing gum and prayers ought to do the trick.

Zanpakuto can also be reforged, like any other weapon, by melting them down and refashioning the blade.

Demidos
2013-06-11, 01:34 AM
A thought on the new Espada -- this is a fairly large shift, and it rather feels like we're copying the Soul Reapers.

On a tangentially related note, I suggest at least a single communal building in the very center of the city. Otherwise there would be no neutral zone in the whole city.

horngeek
2013-06-11, 01:37 AM
...given current events and discussion over in the Bleach Discussion thread...

Hinata's Zanpaktou is a legitimate Zanpaktou, yes. :smalltongue:

When she attains Shikai, it will legitimately be hers.

Mina Kobold
2013-06-11, 02:33 AM

Speaking of that, I did not miss a post of yours after Rin began backing away, did I? ^_^'

Alice will probably be giddy with glee if she is still around when that happens. Even in a century and a decade, you don't often see a Quincy achieve Shikai with their own Zanpaktou. Thankfully, she probably won't try to experiment on Hinata... Probably. :smalltongue:

horngeek
2013-06-11, 02:38 AM
Speaking of Alice, she's just displayed... a LOT of knowledge about Hinata, given the latter didn't actually display any Shinigami powers.

(Also, yes, what I said applies to her Bankai, too- it meshes incredibly well with Quincy abilities, but it's a legit Shinigami Bankai. :smalltongue:)

Mina Kobold
2013-06-11, 03:12 AM
Speaking of Alice, she's just displayed... a LOT of knowledge about Hinata, given the latter didn't actually display any Shinigami powers.

That would be because this Ryuu:

[Mortal World]
City Park

At this, Natsuki glares at Kenzan. "Do you think this is a game? That you can jump in and out as you please?

Because it's not. My sister gained her Shinigami powers because she was attacked by a Hollow that overpowered her and the Shinigami who came to help her, forcing a last-ditch transfer of power. They both almost died, and the Shinigami in question is still in a coma two years later.

We do what we do because we're what's there. But this is not a game, and treating it as such will get you killed."

Natsuki fell silent, still glaring slightly, as Hinata coughed awkwardly, turning to Ryuu. "Um... it might be best if all of us had each others' phone numbers, yes."

The Substitute Shinigami winced slightly as her still-burned arm rubbed on her robes, trying to conceal it but some of her discomfort still apparent.

Is the same as the one who told Alice this:

Ryuu frowns. "The status quo is chaotic, to say the least. There is an unusually high amount of... spiritually empowered mortals here. Not to mention a pair of quincy/soul reaper twins." His eyebrows beetle at the oddity. "They just recently fended off a hollow attack, the hollows themselves taking a theme... Mythological creatures. They were not unlike the specimen I collected in Hong Kong a few days ago..."

In other words; I play Alice as knowing about the same as Ryuu does (she was briefed outside of the conversation as well), albeit not the verbatim conversations. Thus why Alice has the names of Naito and Hinata, but has no idea who Katsuo, a newcomer with no prior contact with Shinigami, is. :smallsmile:

Oh, and as a fair warning; since Julian sadly had to leave, I'll be responsible for the surveillance that Ryuu did, so I'll be treating huge obvious Hollow attacks and the like as something Alice will learn about from the drones. Anything less will probably have the drones posted for, if it is big enough that they would pay attention to it. I'll try my best to avoid as many situations that would ruin people's fun if the Shinigami knew about as possible. ^_^

horngeek
2013-06-11, 03:16 AM
O.o

I completely missed that Ryuu was a Shinigami spy.

Well, keep in mind that Alice has just cemented herself with the impression of 'Shinigami stalker'. :smallwink:

Mina Kobold
2013-06-11, 03:32 AM
O.o

I completely missed that Ryuu was a Shinigami spy.

Well, keep in mind that Alice has just cemented herself with the impression of 'Shinigami stalker'. :smallwink:

I think that means Ryuu was doing a good job, then. :smallwink:

Alice wouldn't mind that impression, as they are quite literally stalking them. I do find it funny that the first impression they get from the Shinigami knowing about them is that the messenger is stalking them, rather than that the gods of death miiiiight investigate the fact that non-Shinigami are killing Hollows and that one of their own disappeared (granting Hinata her powers). For all they know, Alice is just the equivalent of a police officer briefed on the suspects. X3

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 05:35 AM

How...exactly?

horngeek
2013-06-11, 05:41 AM
Not the way Ichigo did. :smalltongue:

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 05:44 AM
Not the way Ichigo did. :smalltongue:

That's not an answer. :smalltongue:

So, seriously, how? Unless she got her hands on an Asauchi...it doesn't seem possible which would mean somehow the Quincy have a way to make Zanpakuto which has massive ramifications on the story and by that I mean literally that should be one of the most important parts of the story and not cycled for an off screen event until the big reveal. Otherwise it looks like it was pulled from the nether regions of Kubo himself. So how?

horngeek
2013-06-11, 05:45 AM
A more complete explanation would probably sound something like "Technobabble already knew how to use Quincy abilities technobabble."

Or, for OOC, I don't feel like treading the same path Ichigo did with Hinata. I'm exploring the Shinigami/Quincy Hybrid theme from a different angle.

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-11, 08:10 AM
Which one? Please tell me it's not Mantis. I HATED that boss fight.

EDIT: Although Raven was kind of a pain, too.

As Dorizzit said, that group wasn't specifically based on any of them, just the theme of 'mentally damaged people being turned into weapons'; the one I'd be bringing back if I did this would be Red Wolf, whose primary talents were in hacking and engineering with a sideline into martial arts.

Speaking of that, I did not miss a post of yours after Rin began backing away, did I? ^_^'

You did not, no. Waiting to see what Mahroni says. :smallsmile:

Frozen_Feet
2013-06-11, 09:20 AM
For the record, Li is still waiting for Hikaru to get back. This is also the best chance for Setsurou to get there. *hint hint* :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2013-06-11, 09:38 AM
Indeed it is... I'll let Viera Champion post first, though.

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 12:45 PM
A more complete explanation would probably sound something like "Technobabble already knew how to use Quincy abilities technobabble."

Or, for OOC, I don't feel like treading the same path Ichigo did with Hinata. I'm exploring the Shinigami/Quincy Hybrid theme from a different angle.

No one is asking you to do what canon did because canon is about as stupid as you can get on anything.

I was interested because...other than having an Asauchi...I'm just really interested in knowing. But that's cool, something like a Zanpakuto just out of the blue probably doesn't mean much to the story. Sorry I troubled you with it.

By the by: Would it be easier to combine the 9th and the 7th? The 9th has some manner of building going on and that seems 7th's whole thing and they'll be inventing radios and crap. There's precident for there to be two Vice Captains so Igurashi and Draken's character can both hold the slot with...I honestly don't know who the Captain is for that Division. Is it DoB's Blacksmith character?

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-11, 12:53 PM
By the by: Would it be easier to combine the 9th and the 7th? The 9th has some manner of building going on and that seems 7th's whole thing and they'll be inventing radios and crap. There's precident for there to be two Vice Captains so Igurashi and Draken's character can both hold the slot with...I honestly don't know who the Captain is for that Division. Is it DoB's Blacksmith character?

Nope, I am not Captaining a second Division for all sorts of reasons previously discussed. The running scenario is that the Engineering Division would somehow be democratically run until a real Captain is chosen (though by my guess that'd probably be Chouko if anyone).

As for whether or not you'd want 7 to ate 9 *snicker*, I'll leave that up the players who are more invested in the Engineering Division to debate.

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 12:54 PM
I'm just throwing it out there. Seems more logical with their expanded focus. The Bakudo stuff could just be a sub division with them also appropriating some of the S.S.I's engineering and R&D stuff.

Edge
2013-06-11, 01:54 PM
Sorry for vanishing, guys. Berryman has the right of it, I just started a new job yesterday. I'll get a post up tonight.

Spacewolf
2013-06-11, 02:18 PM
So the spells in the library basically stop destructive abilities and casting? Should we quantify this before any fighting starts?

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 02:22 PM
So the spells in the library basically stop destructive abilities and casting? Should we quantify this before any fighting starts?

Hado and energy based attacks are absorbed into the library. Barriers and the like just fade away. Unless you're as powerful as a Grand Sorcerer or the like in Kido (so Jeheol, Death) Kido and energy based attacks aren't going to work. That includes the mist from Sho.

Kuroimaken
2013-06-11, 02:26 PM
Don't forget Shikai and Bankai.

You want to rumble, kids, it's fisticuffs only.

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 02:29 PM
Don't forget Shikai and Bankai.

You want to rumble, kids, it's fisticuffs only.

You can still release, nothing stopping that. It'll just be you swinging around a different weapon. Expect very real law effects to be pushed if books are destroyed too. A ton of xenophobic tech priests probably have really good lawyers.

Spacewolf
2013-06-11, 02:33 PM
What about things like Horin and Hainawa, kido meant to capture a single person. Fade quickly but still be useful or fade to quickly to work?

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 02:34 PM
I'dunno man. If it doesn't run the risk of destroying the entire written history of Soul Society it probably doesn't matter. Just have fun with it.

Terry576
2013-06-11, 02:36 PM
Sorry for vanishing, guys. Berryman has the right of it, I just started a new job yesterday. I'll get a post up tonight.

jeez Isabelle in charge of ruining fun

AnimeKid
2013-06-11, 02:37 PM
What about things like Naijeru's gravity powers from his shikai? Would that be cancelled out as well?

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-11, 02:39 PM
What about things like Naijeru's gravity powers from his shikai? Would that be cancelled out as well?

Yes. His gravity power would be a Kido-based effect.

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 02:44 PM
Yes. His gravity power would be a Kido-based effect.

But it doesn't directly threaten the books. It'd be fine.

Just use your common sense guys. If I really need to, I'll sit down and go through every character and make a "Safe or Screwed" list but I'd really rather not have to. Does your zanpakuto manipulate reiatsu in a way that is similar to kido and could directly threaten the books? Then it's not going to work unless you're literally the strongest characters in the game. If they don't you're fine.

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-11, 02:46 PM
But it doesn't directly threaten the books. It'd be fine.

Just use your common sense guys. If I really need to, I'll sit down and go through every character and make a "Safe or Screwed" list but I'd really rather not have to.

Ah, okay, misinterpreted as ALL Kido. So Barriers that were specifically protecting the books would be fine?

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 02:49 PM
Ah, okay, misinterpreted as ALL Kido. So Barriers that were specifically protecting the books would be fine?

Kido that are designed to protect would be fine. The bit on Bakudo mostly referenced things like Gochūtekkan, Kin and Bankin

Kuroimaken
2013-06-11, 02:56 PM
Yeah... I'm gonna go ahead and run with "Shikai in general doesn't work". Because unless your name is Hanatarou Yamada, the whole point of a Shikai is MURDER DEATH DESTRUCTION.

I'm guessing something like Koutarou's MIGHT partially work, because his change is not destructive, but he loses all of the sparky effects. Still not a good idea anyway.

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 02:59 PM
That's your Command Division dude? I have him marked down as Safe. But if you think otherwise that's what matters. I got about as far as I.S with the characters before I just thought...why do I actually want to do this?

Kuroimaken
2013-06-11, 03:03 PM
...To be on the safe side? :smalltongue:

Seriously though, I figure he wouldn't use Shikai anyway on account of the fact it's one-on-one and his opponent doesn't have a sword.

Besides, he'd like to avoid fighting inside the library proper if possible.

Edge
2013-06-11, 03:04 PM
jeez Isabelle in charge of ruining fun

You sound surprised. :smalltongue:

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 03:06 PM
...To be on the safe side? :smalltongue:

Seriously though, I figure he wouldn't use Shikai anyway on account of the fact it's one-on-one and his opponent doesn't have a sword.

Besides, he'd like to avoid fighting inside the library proper if possible.

Well, I think it's safe to say out of all my 0 characters I'm certainly on the safe side of everything. :smalltongue:

5a Violista
2013-06-11, 03:23 PM
[B]
And, to shamelessly copy, you, seriously, who is he? I think I missed his form... I probably don't particularly have any objection to that, though. Of course, if Keveak and/or Mahroni do, that's a different story, but I can't speak for them, obviously...
I don't object to anything. It's all fine.

I'll do that. If When I can find the post.

Once a Shinigami has properly bonded with an Asauchi, a Shinigami's Zanpakuto will eventually fix itself. It's just a matter of health and willpower on the wielder's part.
Cool; that means his sword will slowly be fixed, and he'll be back on-screen sooner or later.

horngeek
2013-06-11, 03:23 PM
No one is asking you to do what canon did because canon is about as stupid as you can get on anything.

Actually, recent revelations have made it retroactively not-stupid IMO. :smalltongue:

Now, if anyone has any ideas on how Hinata might have gotten her hands on an Asauchi, I'm all ears. :smallsmile:

Lady Serpentine
2013-06-11, 03:36 PM
I'll do that. If When I can find the post.

Would a link help? :smalltongue:

KnightDisciple
2013-06-11, 03:42 PM
Actually, recent revelations have made it retroactively not-stupid IMO. :smalltongue:

Now, if anyone has any ideas on how Hinata might have gotten her hands on an Asauchi, I'm all ears. :smallsmile:

How about this:

The Shinigami who granted Hinata power was drained so thoroughly that his/her own blade retreated into his/her soul, leaving the physical blade an Asauchi once more. This Asauchi was then unconsciously claimed by Hinata, and her sword almost immediately filled it out (as it were).

Thus the Shinigami who gave the powers might need an Asauchi now.

horngeek
2013-06-11, 03:45 PM
Hmmm... Dorizzt, what do you think?

strawberryman
2013-06-11, 06:10 PM
*makes like 3 edits to account for the above conversation*

At least Chouko is skilled in hakuda.

...I'm a little tired and have been busy with other things lately. Apologies for not paying attention. XD

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 06:14 PM
*makes like 3 edits to account for the above conversation*

At least Chouko is skilled in hakuda.

...I'm a little tired and have been busy with other things lately. Apologies for not paying attention. XD

You didn't have to do that, Sho still had...the reiatsu cloak kido up. I figure any post made before I made mine is fair game.

strawberryman
2013-06-11, 06:21 PM
Well, Chouko's zanpakuto very specifically deals with the destruction of objects, and she's a member of the SSI, so she'd probably know not to bother releasing.

Dorizzit
2013-06-11, 06:27 PM
How about this:

The Shinigami who granted Hinata power was drained so thoroughly that his/her own blade retreated into his/her soul, leaving the physical blade an Asauchi once more. This Asauchi was then unconsciously claimed by Hinata, and her sword almost immediately filled it out (as it were).

Thus the Shinigami who gave the powers might need an Asauchi now.

Hmmm... Dorizzit, what do you think?

Since we've already done a segment where Hazuki interacted with her sword, I propose an alternative:

In Hazuki's backstory, she was pulled suddenly off of a project. That project could easily have been some form of experiment with Asauchi, perhaps trying to improve the design. When sent on patrol, Hazuki took an Asauchi with her in order to have a chance to continue analyzing it while doing what she otherwise considered a waste of time. This would later become Hinata's sword.

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 06:28 PM
Well, Chouko's zanpakuto very specifically deals with the destruction of objects, and she's a member of the SSI, so she'd probably know not to bother releasing.

Ah, no worries.

Also, reposting this so it doesn't get eaten up by the rest of the thread. I suppose it's leveled at...Demidos, Draken, Strawberry, Knight Disciple and anyone else going into the 7th Divison

It was the 3rd Seat that had a double holder but I don't see why there can't be Two VC's in a Division that's going to be so strange (democracy in our Feudal Japan?!) to begin with.

Since we've already done a segment where Hazuki interacted with her sword, I propose an alternative:

In Hazuki's backstory, she was pulled suddenly off of a project. That project could easily have been some form of experiment with Asauchi, perhaps trying to improve the design. When sent on patrol, Hazuki took an Asauchi with her in order to have a chance to continue analyzing it while doing what she otherwise considered a waste of time. This would later become Hinata's sword.

I don't know if I have a say in this but I like it.

horngeek
2013-06-11, 06:39 PM

Yeah that works.

Sense! It makes a lot of it!

strawberryman
2013-06-11, 07:06 PM
Putting Misaki up for criticism one more time before adding to the registry and planning out her intro.

It's gonna be... something.

Shizuka Misaki [WIP]
Height: 68in/172cm
Weight: 118lb/53.5kg
Station: Nominal member of the Moto clan.
Speech: #FF33A0

Description:
Misaki's appearance is almost constantly changing. As a professional assassin for the Moto clan, she is constantly dying and using different stylings for her hair or wigs, wearing different-colored contacts, using advanced makeup, and generally going just short of cosmetic surgery in an attempt to obfuscate her true appearance.
Naturally, she is of japanese descent, with short black hair, auburn eyes, and a thin complexion. Her body is somewhat muscular from her activities, but not overly so, because she simply keeps herself in attractive shape for "Moto-kun". Her curves are about average, but accentuated by her thin frame, and her bust is a solid B-cup.
Given she changes her physical appearance often, Misaki also wears a large selection of clothes. But one of her favorite articles of clothing is a magenta riding suit and helmet that fits tightly to her form, which she wears when riding her matching bike. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX-6R) Of course, she has a more subtle black set, as well.
Unlikely for anyone to find out is that she has an extensive cherry blossom tree tattooed from the lower-middle of her back, some of it leading to her front. It is rumored amongst those who know her in the Moto clan that she has a new blossom added for every life she takes.

Personality:
Misaki was raised to be a killer. When she has a job to do, even when she decides upon it of her own initiative, she is cold, and emotionless, only displaying emotion when it would be tactically sound to do so.
However, outside of this, she is extremely unstable. Utterly infatuated with the son of Moto Hikari, "Moto-kun", she will not be satisfied until her love for him is properly displayed. This equates to, essentially, making him a true leader of the Quincy, with all the 'lesser' clans defamed and dismantled, the Moto clan reigning supreme.
When around "Moto-kun", she is entirely consumed by her infatuation. A single dissatisfied word can collapse her into depression. Praise can uplift her in a way nothing else can accomplish. She is like putty in his hands.

History:
Misaki was raised by her father, a strict, traditional quincy who believed a Quincy's only responsibility was the destruction of hollows and the improvement of their race. As Misaki displayed an uncanny control over spirit particles, she had a great potential for a (hollow) killer. Between her schooling and her relentless Quincy training, the girl had very little time for emotional growth. While she took well to the importance of removing emotion from combat (and anything related), this left a ravenous hole in her emotional state. When she left high school, her quincy training finished, she drifted for a while, filling this hole with... less than healthy activities.
It was her father who 'pulled' her out of this likely death spiral, recommending her to the Moto clan. It was then, a rebellious youth, with very little to truly live for, that Misaki fell in love.
[more pending]

Story So Far:
Nothing yet.

Abilities:
Intelligence/Education/Trained Killer: Misaki is by no means a tactical genius, but she is extremely skilled at killing. As her emotions are rarely, if ever, in charge of her, she is constantly calculating every tactical advantage available to her.

Polyglot: Misaki can speak japanese, mandarin, english, russian, and french.

Quincy Bowmaster: While achieving no true affinity with one quincy weapon (or wearing a sanrei glove), Misaki regularly carries around a veritable armory of quincy crosses. She has also mastered the ability to switch relatively quickly between them. Her accuracy is extremely high.
Shortbow: What this bow lacks in power, it makes up for in the fact that it shoots 3 arrows for every pull, and pulls faster than other bows. This 'cross' is a pentacle.
Longbow: A standard Quincy longbow. Misaki keeps about 3 of these crosses.
Razor Bow: This somewhat bulky-looking bow shoots relatively large, circular projectiles that, while slow to draw, have great damaging power. This 'cross' is a + symbol.
Refractory Bow: This bow has a rather intricate circular design on the limb. Every shot it makes, on impact with anything, explodes into a burst of a dozen arrows. This 'cross' is a small mirror.
Piercer Bow: This bow is relatively normal-looking, but has two "spikes" pointing forward from where the arrow is shot. Arrows from this bow have a high level of piercing power, going potentially out for a mile in one direction. This 'cross' is a double-dagger.
Repeater Bow: This bow is relatively small (but not as small as the shortbow), with curved designs. For every arrow fired from this bow (it draws at normal speed), a mote is left behind that hangs in the air, passively gathering reishi until it has enough for an arrow, at which point it fires upon the closest spiritual signature that isn't Misaki's. This 'cross' is an infinity symbol.
Sanction Bow: This bow is angled, with orderly, axiomatic measurements. Arrows shot from this bow stick in the foe for a minute, and dig into their wound to make it nearly impossible to remove without tearing their flesh (and dealing more damage than letting it dissipate). However, until it dissolves, the reishi it's composed of reacts violently to bursts of reiatsu caused by the exertion of spiritual abilities such as kido, cero, or quincy abilities, creating a small explosion and probably causing further internal damage, possibly even lethal. This 'cross' is a metallic, sun-like symbol.
Quincy's True Greatbow: This huge bow is designed to shoot nearly ballista-sized arrows. Although it takes a longer time to draw in the reishi for each shot. This 'cross' is simply a larger version of a normal quincy cross.
Greatbow of Castigation: This bow is somewhat smaller than the true greatbow, but it is still a very large bow. This bow is extremely hard to effectively use; arrows shot from the bow must be fired at an angle to benefit from their unique ability. The arrow gathers reishi in the air until it has enough gathered to explode downward in a cero-like path. As such, it is more efficiently used at long distances. This 'cross' looks like a relatively normal quincy cross, but it has a golden ring around it.
Gauntlet of Infinite Blades: This cross doesn't produce a bow, but instead a noticable reishi aura around Misaki's hands. She can create reishi "daggers" in her hands which she can wield normally, or throw at a velocity faster than she could normally produce with physical weapons. This 'cross' is a relatively standard quincy cross, but with an elongated bottom leg.

Seele Schneider Usage/Sword Expert: While not a master, Misaki is extremely skilled in the use of seele schneider. She regularly carries at least 2, and is occasionally known to dual-wield them.

Spiritual Crafter: Misaki, when she finds a need for it, is fairly skilled in creating new tools for "traditional" bow-using quincies.

Ginto: Misaki is mostly carries several ginto around for Wolke. She is otherwise not overly proficient in their use, but given she is a gifted youth, if she were to spend time on it, it's likely this could change.

Hirenyaku: Misaki is a skilled practicioner of hirenyaku, and it's ability to open up tactical avenues swiftly.

Blut Arterie: Misaki has only recently gained a grasp upon blut, and only its offensive application. As such, it is still imperfect; while using it, the rate of reishi coursing in her veins causes her to enter a manner of 'blood frenzy', in which all rational thought ceases and she works solely off instinct. Given this is usually not necessary or a desirable effect, she chooses not to use it. However, the degree of power she gets is so imperfectly regulated that it ends up being a greater net gain than most Quincies can muster, and her natural speed and efficiency with hirenyaku while using blut is bolstered.

Ransotengai: Misaki has a flawless grasp on ransotengai, given its undebatable usefulness. In addition, when she is in physical contact with someone, she can temporarily paralyze them by using the "reishi strings" to lock essential parts of their body that facilitate movement. However, she has to maintain contact to keep the hold. Given she mainly uses this as a simple means of assassination, however, it is more likely for her to simply kill the victim of this ability.

Master of Disguise: Misaki is self-trained in cosmetic application and disguise-building, and as such, it is hard to recognize her without a trained eye.

Draken
2013-06-11, 07:09 PM
Ah, no worries.

Also, reposting this so it doesn't get eaten up by the rest of the thread. I suppose it's leveled at...Demidos, Draken, Strawberry, Knight Disciple and anyone else going into the 7th Divison

It was the 3rd Seat that had a double holder but I don't see why there can't be Two VC's in a Division that's going to be so strange (democracy in our Feudal Japan?!) to begin with.

I don't know if I have a say in this but I like it.

Sounds good to me. And Hideki could take the captain job if no one else does.

horngeek
2013-06-11, 07:09 PM
...y'know, when I originally envisioned the Quincy, I was thinking a straight 'anti-Shinigami vs pro-Shinigami' fight.

Much like BitP itself, it seems my original concept has become something greater. :smallbiggrin:

So yeah, she looks good to me so far, and pretty scary in her goals as well.

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 07:37 PM
Putting Misaki up for criticism one more time before adding to the registry and planning out her intro.

It's gonna be... something.

Shizuka Misaki [WIP]
Height: 68in/172cm
Weight: 118lb/53.5kg
Station: Nominal member of the Moto clan.
Speech: #FF33A0

Description:
Misaki's appearance is almost constantly changing. As a professional assassin for the Moto clan, she is constantly dying and using different stylings for her hair or wigs, wearing different-colored contacts, using advanced makeup, and generally going just short of cosmetic surgery in an attempt to obfuscate her true appearance.
Naturally, she is of japanese descent, with short black hair, auburn eyes, and a thin complexion. Her body is somewhat muscular from her activities, but not overly so, because she simply keeps herself in attractive shape for "Moto-kun". Her curves are about average, but accentuated by her thin frame, and her bust is a solid B-cup.
Given she changes her physical appearance often, Misaki also wears a large selection of clothes. But one of her favorite articles of clothing is a magenta riding suit and helmet that fits tightly to her form, which she wears when riding her matching bike. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX-6R) Of course, she has a more subtle black set, as well.
Unlikely for anyone to find out is that she has an extensive cherry blossom tree tattooed from the lower-middle of her back, some of it leading to her front. It is rumored amongst those who know her in the Moto clan that she has a new blossom added for every life she takes.

Personality:
Misaki was raised to be a killer. When she has a job to do, even when she decides upon it of her own initiative, she is cold, and emotionless, only displaying emotion when it would be tactically sound to do so.
However, outside of this, she is extremely unstable. Utterly infatuated with the son of Moto Hikari, "Moto-kun", she will not be satisfied until her love for him is properly displayed. This equates to, essentially, making him a true leader of the Quincy, with all the 'lesser' clans defamed and dismantled, the Moto clan reigning supreme.
When around "Moto-kun", she is entirely consumed by her infatuation. A single dissatisfied word can collapse her into depression. Praise can uplift her in a way nothing else can accomplish. She is like putty in his hands.

History:
Misaki was raised by her father, a strict, traditional quincy who believed a Quincy's only responsibility was the destruction of hollows and the improvement of their race. As Misaki displayed an uncanny control over spirit particles, she had a great potential for a (hollow) killer. Between her schooling and her relentless Quincy training, the girl had very little time for emotional growth. While she took well to the importance of removing emotion from combat (and anything related), this left a ravenous hole in her emotional state. When she left high school, her quincy training finished, she drifted for a while, filling this hole with... less than healthy activities.
It was her father who 'pulled' her out of this likely death spiral, recommending her to the Moto clan. It was then, a rebellious youth, with very little to truly live for, that Misaki fell in love.
[more pending]

Story So Far:
Nothing yet.

Abilities:
Intelligence/Education/Trained Killer: Misaki is by no means a tactical genius, but she is extremely skilled at killing. As her emotions are rarely, if ever, in charge of her, she is constantly calculating every tactical advantage available to her.

Polyglot: Misaki can speak japanese, mandarin, english, russian, and french.

Quincy Bowmaster: While achieving no true affinity with one quincy weapon (or wearing a sanrei glove), Misaki regularly carries around a veritable armory of quincy crosses. She has also mastered the ability to switch relatively quickly between them. Her accuracy is extremely high.
Shortbow: What this bow lacks in power, it makes up for in the fact that it shoots 3 arrows for every pull, and pulls faster than other bows. This 'cross' is a pentacle.
Longbow: A standard Quincy longbow. Misaki keeps about 3 of these crosses.
Razor Bow: This somewhat bulky-looking bow shoots relatively large, circular projectiles that, while slow to draw, have great damaging power. This 'cross' is a + symbol.
Refractory Bow: This bow has a rather intricate circular design on the limb. Every shot it makes, on impact with anything, explodes into a burst of a dozen arrows. This 'cross' is a small mirror.
Piercer Bow: This bow is relatively normal-looking, but has two "spikes" pointing forward from where the arrow is shot. Arrows from this bow have a high level of piercing power, going potentially out for a mile in one direction. This 'cross' is a double-dagger.
Repeater Bow: This bow is relatively small (but not as small as the shortbow), with curved designs. For every arrow fired from this bow (it draws at normal speed), a mote is left behind that hangs in the air, passively gathering reishi until it has enough for an arrow, at which point it fires upon the closest spiritual signature that isn't Misaki's. This 'cross' is an infinity symbol.
Sanction Bow: This bow is angled, with orderly, axiomatic measurements. Arrows shot from this bow stick in the foe for a minute, and dig into their wound to make it nearly impossible to remove without tearing their flesh (and dealing more damage than letting it dissipate). However, until it dissolves, the reishi it's composed of reacts violently to bursts of reiatsu caused by the exertion of spiritual abilities such as kido, cero, or quincy abilities, creating a small explosion and probably causing further internal damage, possibly even lethal. This 'cross' is a metallic, sun-like symbol.
Quincy's True Greatbow: This huge bow is designed to shoot nearly ballista-sized arrows. Although it takes a longer time to draw in the reishi for each shot. This 'cross' is simply a larger version of a normal quincy cross.
Greatbow of Castigation: This bow is somewhat smaller than the true greatbow, but it is still a very large bow. This bow is extremely hard to effectively use; arrows shot from the bow must be fired at an angle to benefit from their unique ability. The arrow gathers reishi in the air until it has enough gathered to explode downward in a cero-like path. As such, it is more efficiently used at long distances. This 'cross' looks like a relatively normal quincy cross, but it has a golden ring around it.
Gauntlet of Infinite Blades: This cross doesn't produce a bow, but instead a noticable reishi aura around Misaki's hands. She can create reishi "daggers" in her hands which she can wield normally, or throw at a velocity faster than she could normally produce with physical weapons. This 'cross' is a relatively standard quincy cross, but with an elongated bottom leg.

Seele Schneider Usage/Sword Expert: While not a master, Misaki is extremely skilled in the use of seele schneider. She regularly carries at least 2, and is occasionally known to dual-wield them.

Spiritual Crafter: Misaki, when she finds a need for it, is fairly skilled in creating new tools for "traditional" bow-using quincies.

Ginto: Misaki is mostly carries several ginto around for Wolke. She is otherwise not overly proficient in their use, but given she is a gifted youth, if she were to spend time on it, it's likely this could change.

Hirenyaku: Misaki is a skilled practicioner of hirenyaku, and it's ability to open up tactical avenues swiftly.

Blut Arterie: Misaki has only recently gained a grasp upon blut, and only its offensive application. As such, it is still imperfect; while using it, the rate of reishi coursing in her veins causes her to enter a manner of 'blood frenzy', in which all rational thought ceases and she works solely off instinct. Given this is usually not necessary or a desirable effect, she chooses not to use it. However, the degree of power she gets is so imperfectly regulated that it ends up being a greater net gain than most Quincies can muster, and her natural speed and efficiency with hirenyaku while using blut is bolstered.

Ransotengai: Misaki has a flawless grasp on ransotengai, given its undebatable usefulness. In addition, when she is in physical contact with someone, she can temporarily paralyze them by using the "reishi strings" to lock essential parts of their body that facilitate movement. However, she has to maintain contact to keep the hold. Given she mainly uses this as a simple means of assassination, however, it is more likely for her to simply kill the victim of this ability.

Master of Disguise: Misaki is self-trained in cosmetic application and disguise-building, and as such, it is hard to recognize her without a trained eye.

I suppose the only question I have is...what does having so many crosses do? I understand it gives her more attack forms but the strength of each weapon shouldn't change by any metric, being dependent on her personal power and training with them. If it's just aesthetic...there's really no criticism there.

Zarah
2013-06-11, 07:52 PM
While we're on the topic, might as well get my characters in here too. I changed my character's name again and I searched through the character registry, so hopefully this time I can actually stick with it. :smalltongue:

The Moto Quincy Clan
The Moto Clan is one of the four remaining Great Quincy Families under the leadership of Satomi Moto. They are originally from Japan, but have spent the past 50 years or so in Europe (mostly Germany) where they have been expanding their multi-billion dollar corporation. Unlike some of the other Quincy families, the Moto family has not shied away from public exposure. Moto Corp is recognized worldwide as an economic powerhouse and many experts believe they have nowhere to go but up. Of course, the corporation acts as a cover and for funding for the clan's spiritual research and development of Quincy arts.

The Moto clan is shrewd and practical. Cold and professional. They serve only themselves and will never hesitate to ensure their own survival by going to any lengths necessary. However, they are known to work with others in what would seem like an effort to strike a common ground, but in reality is merely serving the Moto family's personal agenda. The Moto family itself has mostly been dissolved by now. Satomi and her son claim to be the only remaining members of the bloodline, but it is of little relevance to the clan as a whole. Members are rarely linked by blood and are closer to being employees than they are family. As such, they are often looked down upon by the more traditional Quincy families. Although they have been able to use their immense wealth to buy up many well-trained Quincy warriors, they are not the most physically intimidating Quincy family. Despite their lack of combat strength, there is little doubt among the Quincy that there are none more manipulative.

When it comes to relations with other spiritual factions, the Moto clan takes a largely neutral stance. They rarely intervene in the affairs of Hollows or Shinigami unless they can pry some sort of benefit from it. Instead, they pour money and energy into their own research and political agendas. They firmly believe that civil war amongst the Quincy is an inevitability and have been trying to gather as many allies as they can before the sparks ignite.

Above all, should the Moto Clan ever betray you, just remember that you can take comfort in knowing it wasn't personal.

It's just business.
"Violent winds are upon us and I can't sleep..."
Satomi Moto

Race: Quincy
Station: Moto Quincy Clan (Leader), CEO of Moto Corp
Speech: #2faaaf

Description:
Satomi is an imposing woman. She is tall, thin, and quite attractive. However, she also possesses a steely gaze that can pierce many a man's soul. She has short black hair and stunning blue eyes. It's often rumored that her eyes were once brown, but after many years of exposure to Quincy techniques and their clan's research, they have permanently shifted color.

Satomi is also a businesswoman. She always dresses like a professional, usually in expensive suits and dresses in order to maintain her public image. It's very rare that she breaks this habit.

Personality:
It's been said that Satomi could stand against an entire army with only her wits and still come out on top. She is smart, charismatic, and dangerously manipulative. She never does anything without weighing her options. Then she molds the options until she gets something that suits her needs and chooses that instead. Though she has made enemies in the past, she is remarkably adept at diffusing conflict with her business and her clan without violence. Her talent for political manoeuvring is legendary.

Her ruthlessly practical mindset has allowed her to get far in life and she has no scruples when it comes to self-preservation. She'd put her own son on the line if it meant she could walk away herself. In her eyes, honor and justice are meaningless concepts that serve only as a hindrance more than anything else.

History: The Moto Clan was always wealthy. They moved to Germany from Japan 50 years ago where they started a construction company, Moto Construction. As time passed, the company expanded into other areas and eventually grew into a corporation worth billions of dollars.

Satomi was an only child, so from the moment she was born, she was groomed to be Moto Corp's heir. While Satomi's father always kept an arm's length from her, she was much closer to her mother. That is, until Satomi was 10 years old. During a rogue Hollow attack on the mortal world, Satomi's mother stepped in and was killed in battle. Upon hearing about the event, Satomi's father simply stated that her mother wasn't strong enough to survive. After that, Satomi redoubled her Quincy training to ensure it would never happen to her.

Satomi continued to grow under the neglectful eye of her father. She quickly learned that she would never have his full attention, so she changed tactics. Instead, she tried to undermine him as often as possible. By the time she was 18, she was already running half of Moto Corp. Pleased with her development, her father would slowly give her more and more control of the company. When she was 26, she was fully responsible for their family business and her father retired.

But Satomi wanted more.

Behind the scenes, she had been manipulating members of the Moto Quincy Clan. While her father demanded that he be left in charge of their Quincy legacy, the gears were already in motion. Five years after retiring, her father was dead. No explanation was ever given. From then on, Satomi took control of the Moto Clan and began leading them into the next generation.

Abilities:

Intellect: Satomi's intellect is her primary weapon. She is not built for combat as well as some other Quincy may be, but she has many warriors working beneath her for such combat situations. She relies on her cunning and manipulative nature to carry her through any conflict that arises.

Polyglot: Satomi is fluent in Japanese, German, English, and French.

Quincy Bow: Scarlet Robin upon a Broken Branch – Satomi's bow is one that she holds very dear to her heart. It's the one bow that she has trained with since she was a child and as such, she rarely uses any weapons other than it. It is medium-sized, but with concentration, Satomi can adjust its size and shape for power or speed depending on her current situation. The cross is a cufflink that she always wears on her left sleeve on all her suits. If she is not wearing a suit, then she will usually put it on a chain around her neck.

Seele Schneider: Satomi's expertise is not in close combat. As such, she is trained to escape and retreat to distance if possible. She is trained in the use of full-sized Seele Schneiders in melee range, but she is much more comfortable with the dagger-sized equivalents that her research department developed. She often carries a Seele dagger on her at all times just in case.

Ginto: Satomi is trained in the art of Ginto, but does not show any particular excellence in it either. She is known to carry silver tubes quite often, however. Just in case.

Hirenyaku: Satomi is trained in hirenyaku enough to employ it, but once again does not excel with it.

Blut: While her skill in Blut Arterie is lacking, Satomi is a master of Blut Vene. By default, she has enough Reishi flowing through her veins to permanently change her eye color, but when she focuses it even further, her eyes are known to glow blue.

Hand-to-Hand Satomi is trained in some basic martial arts as well. Though certainly not a master of any, she knows enough to defend herself should the need arise.
"In the distance machines come to transform me..."
Kaori
Race: Mod Soul
Station: Moto Quincy Clan (Messenger)
Speech: #ff7800

http://www.indolents.com/uploads/avatars/kaori.png

Appearance: Kaori takes the appearance of a young girl with short, blonde hair. She always wears a long, orange dress with fuzzy white trimming and black boots. She also wears a high-collared, crimson cape that covers her neck and chin.

Personality: Kaori's personality matches her appearance. She is youthful and spunky, though she tends to act like a spoiled brat at times, often becoming bored with long explanations or speeches and complaining if things don't go her way. Not surprisingly, she is playful and will mock those people she doesn't like... And occasionally those people she does like as well. Despite her childish appearance and attitude, she is still very loyal to Satomi and to those she considers to be friends.

History:
Kaori was one of many mod souls created in Soul Society for one purpose; combat. She was given full awareness in order to master the complicated Kido techniques that she was expected to learn over time, but her potential was soon cut short. She was sent with a pair of Shinigami into the mortal world for a regular patrol and to help her practice her abilities. Things were going well until they were attacked by a Hollow. At first, it seemed like a routine attack, but it was merely a distraction set up by a more powerful Hollow who sprang into action while the Shinigami were fighting. Kaori fled while the Shinigami were snuffed out, but she couldn't escape. Despite her attempts to protect herself with her Kido barriers, the Hollows simply smashed through them. Just when it seemed that her short life was over, the Hollows exploded in a shower of blue Reishi. Satomi Moto had saved her.

Satomi brought Kaori back to her headquarters and began asking questions. Though Kaori was unable to answer many of them, Satomi was fascinated with the mod soul and wanted to know how the technology that powered her worked. Satomi took the child in and swore to keep her safe in the mortal world as long as she would serve as a Quincy research subject. Kaori, owing her life to Satomi and the Moto Clan, agreed to the terms. She has since spent most of her time at Satomi's side working as a messenger for the clan when she isn't in their research labs. Though the Moto Clan helps keeps her reiatsu hidden, it's possible Soul Society may come looking for her in the future.

Abilities:
Kido Barriers - Kaori is trained in a specific kind of Kido. While she does not know any of the traditional Hado or Bakudo spells, she is proficient in creating simple yellow barriers of various shapes and sizes (similar to the powers of Hachigen Ushouda in canon). However, her barriers can be broken relatively easily and will not stand up against mid or high-level Kido spells. As a result, she avoids combat situations whenever possible, instead opting to use barriers to shield places and objects.

strawberryman
2013-06-11, 07:56 PM
I suppose the only question I have is...what does having so many crosses do? I understand it gives her more attack forms but the strength of each weapon shouldn't change by any metric, being dependent on her personal power and training with them. If it's just aesthetic...there's really no criticism there.

Versatility and different abilities, mostly. I'm just sort of working on the assumption that each quincy cross serves as a separate focus, since Uryu's bow has changed with his cross along the series. Could be mistaken. I just imagine each cross is sort of tuned to a specific form to make the process simpler for the quincy.

horngeek
2013-06-11, 07:58 PM
Aw, that's an adorable OOTSpic.

*considers whether to request some pics for Daiki and Akane*

Again, no objections here. Both look pretty good to me. :smallsmile:

Draken
2013-06-11, 08:00 PM
Hah! I remember Kaori. Guess she doesn't have bount detection anymore.

Poor girl, Hans hijacked the whole bount storyline in the end, didn't he? :smalltongue:

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 08:09 PM
Versatility and different abilities, mostly. I'm just sort of working on the assumption that each quincy cross serves as a separate focus, since Uryu's bow has changed with his cross along the series. Could be mistaken. I just imagine each cross is sort of tuned to a specific form to make the process simpler for the quincy.

Ah see, I was operating under the opposite impressions. I don't personally have an issue with the character, was just clearing that up. Because you're sort of setting the story precedent on how the crosses work.

KnightDisciple
2013-06-11, 08:13 PM

Poor girl, Hans hijacked the whole bount storyline in the end, didn't he? :smalltongue:

It was a pretty glorious hijacking, though. :smallwink:

strawberryman
2013-06-11, 08:23 PM
@Tebryn: That's fair enough. Is there a different in-canon explanation on that front? I mean, I stopped reading after Aizen, pretty much.

If not, does anyone have a particular complaint against crosses basically storing a very specific imprint for a bow? It's what makes sense to me. But I don't exactly want to set an edict or anything.

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 08:27 PM
@Tebryn: That's fair enough. Is there a different in-canon explanation on that front? I mean, I stopped reading after Aizen, pretty much.

Not really? Other than the fact that different characters have their own bangles that make different weapons. But if all the bow is is a manifestation of reishi then presumably any form can be given to it when ever the person wants. The Big Bad makes his into a sword even so ya know...screw pre-established lore and all that. I think Ishida just uses a bow because that's the traditional weapon. There are Quincy with guns in canon ffs.

KnightDisciple
2013-06-11, 08:33 PM

If not, does anyone have a particular complaint against crosses basically storing a very specific imprint for a bow? It's what makes sense to me. But I don't exactly want to set an edict or anything.

Honestly I'd say different crosses for different bows makes sense and is pretty thematic. Chuck's kind of unique in that his 2 guns are physical weapons that focus his energy, instead of a cross to help form a spiritual weapon.

strawberryman
2013-06-11, 08:34 PM
Well, yes; But they still tend to use one weapon, right? So the focus wouldn't need to be a cross specifically.

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 08:38 PM
I don't really see a problem with it, just wanted to start a discourse since there seems to be a lot of Quincy Characters. I may end up making one.

strawberryman
2013-06-11, 08:44 PM
Oh, I understand. :smalltongue:

I mean, I just kind of wrote her sheet up with that assumption, so. What I was trying to go for with Misaki was a kind of weapons master. She can probably shoot a gun, but she chooses not to as a primary attack type because crosses/bows are a bit more discrete when not in use. Plus we have a good few gun-users.

dancrilis
2013-06-11, 09:04 PM
Kido and energy based attacks aren't going to work. That includes the mist from Sho.

Well that is more a kido disruption based attack and would likely explicitly work as the preventions mess up around it ... not that it matters as she does not have her Zanpakuto with her.

I am effectively taking the preventions to prevent flashy occurrences, i.e no Hado, no combat Bakudō (although barriers might work) but allows for utility powers, no Shikai etc, but internalised powers may work.

Just as a note on any potential confrontation with Sho, anyone beneath captain class would really be fodder, she is good as what she does and what she does is murder people.
Now she is going through some stuff where killing would not be her first reaction but it wouldn't be far from her mind.

She is also currently invisible, undetectable and on top of a bookcase other than where she was stated to be which might mess with people confronting her.

KnightDisciple
2013-06-11, 09:12 PM
On the flip side, we have multiple Seated level officers, all armed, a Vice Captain, and one of those Seated is a cyborg who has a high-tech visor. It's quite possible they'll have some success flushing her out, and I don't think it's fair to call anyone who's not Captain-Class "fodder", when most of them likely have just as much experience fighting and killing than Sho.

Tebryn
2013-06-11, 09:21 PM
I'll get a character up when I'm done making perogi and doing some Paranautical Activity. Zarah, any room in the Moto family?

strawberryman
2013-06-11, 09:26 PM
There is no such thing as "fodder". Except for the nameless, faceless unseated that people only play to be the effectual red shirt army.

Also, speaking of the Moto family. I am vaguely interested but not necessarily strictly interested in having someone else play Misaki's "love interest". Although it might be better if he's just a non-involved NPC, I am always interested in making things more cooperative.

Which Paranormal Activity? The first is hilarious because the boyfriend is a terrible person, the second is hilarious because the dad is a moron (also the stair bit made me laugh like an idiot), haven't seen the others though.

Edit: I read that wrong. Don't mind me!

Zarah
2013-06-11, 09:34 PM

She never did have bount detection in the original BleachitP. I'm pretty sure she didn't even exist during most of the bount arc. :smalltongue:

However, she's basically a palette-swapped Ririn (http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Ririn) so it's pretty easy to see where you're getting that idea from.

I'll get a character up when I'm done making perogi and doing some Paranautical Activity. Zarah, any room in the Moto family?

Yes. Yes there is.
Morality not required.

Draken
2013-06-11, 09:38 PM
She never did have bount detection in the original BleachitP. I'm pretty sure she didn't even exist during most of the bount arc. :smalltongue:

However, she's basically a palette-swapped Ririn (http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Ririn) so it's pretty easy to see where you're getting that idea from.

Yes. Yes there is.
Morality not required.

Uh...

Well, I am pretty sure that she was introduced for an arc that sort of got aborted and then sort of hung around to help Masato go onto his increasingly suicidal mission, didn't she?

Zarah
2013-06-11, 09:43 PM
I honestly can't remember what I actually introduced her for. I think you're right though, she was part of some kind of story arc that didn't really go anywhere so she ended up just sitting around and not doing a whole lot.

dancrilis
2013-06-11, 09:49 PM
On the flip side, we have multiple Seated level officers, all armed, a Vice Captain, and one of those Seated is a cyborg who has a high-tech visor. It's quite possible they'll have some success flushing her out, and I don't think it's fair to call anyone who's not Captain-Class "fodder", when most of them likely have just as much experience fighting and killing than Sho.

Well the robot girl is a Junior Researcher (or as I understand in the SSI equivalent of an unseated).

More directly Chōjirō Sasakibe may have more actual experience than Ichigo - Ichigo still won without difficulty, you would imagine that had it been Byakuya, Gin or Kenpachi (to name a few) they would have also won.

I have tried to make it clear when writing Sho that she just doesn't really worry about the fight she is in (she showed it once when she had roots burrowing into her brain) this is not intended as arrogance it is intended as basic power level where she can engage in any level and expect to survive or win. I have supported this with having Lucita (an expert on incapacitating people and Reiatsu manipulation) noting that the girl was beyond her. Lucita I would put at a fairly high level herself.
When confronted with Sato the newest captain around and seemingly a powerhouse, despite not having access to her Zanpakuto she didn't even blink at the prospect of a fight.

I am only bringing this up here because I want it known before anything actually happens where my thoughts are on this.

If people don't like the word fodder being used in terms of characters, fine I can understand that and apologise if it seemed offensive.
But the intention behind the usage of the word remains even if I cannot currently think of a more politically correct way to express it.

Draken
2013-06-11, 09:55 PM
I honestly can't remember what I actually introduced her for. I think you're right though, she was part of some kind of story arc that didn't really go anywhere so she ended up just sitting around and not doing a whole lot.

That happened to a lot of characters, really. We just kind of introduced characters nonstop by giving them plotlines that weren't that good in hindsight and that didn't pick up steam because people were bogged down in their own thousands of plotlines of variable story weight and overall quality.

For example, only one third of the Olympians ever amount to anything, and of these, only one wasn't a pre-existing character (one that was not introduced explicitly as an Olympian).

Two of them didn't even get included in the wiki as an empty entry! (And you are to blame for that one, Aphrodite was the secondary character of secondary characters).

--------------

Chouko is a junior because strawberryman didn't have a clue what the organization of SSI meant. She honestly should be a senior.

Either way, it is less about power and more about... Seniority, in there, far as I see.

strawberryman
2013-06-11, 09:55 PM
Chouko's a Junior Researcher in rank. Because for most of her 'life', she was hopping around divisions. She is actually competent in combat and heck, she hangs around with the Combat Division because one of her friends is in it.

Don't judge by rank. Just look at Rukia. :smalltongue:

KnightDisciple
2013-06-11, 10:01 PM
Well the robot girl is a Junior Researcher (or as I understand in the SSI equivalent of an unseated).

More directly Chōjirō Sasakibe may have more actual experience than Ichigo - Ichigo still won without difficulty, you would imagine that had it been Byakuya, Gin or Kenpachi (to name a few) they would have also won.

Ichigo is a Shonen Hero and Main Character, who is focused entirely on speed and power, and took all 3 Vice-Captains by total surprise. They very much underestimated him, which allowed his knockout blows.

It should be noted that Sasakibe not only held Bankai, he was powerful and skilled enough that centuries ago he gave Yamamoto a scar on his head.

And it's already been expressed SSI's ranks aren't based on power. And more to the point, Chouko has Shikai, which generally puts one to the point of a Seated in power.

I have tried to make it clear when writing Sho that she just doesn't really worry about the fight she is in (she showed it once when she had roots burrowing into her brain) this is not intended as arrogance it is intended as basic power level where she can engage in any level and expect to survive or win. This basically comes off as "my character who lacks experience in actual fights that aren't just murdering helpless victims is totally powerful and skilled enough to take on anyone even Captains".

As for roots burrowing into her brain, that's a sign of high pain tolerance and possibly insanity, not raw power.

I have supported this with having Lucita (an expert on incapacitating people and Reiatsu manipulation) noting that the girl was beyond her. Lucita I would put at a fairly high level herself. But is Lucita a combat-focused character, as 2-3 of those in the Temple's library now are?

When confronted with Sato the newest captain around and seemingly a powerhouse, despite not having access to her Zanpakuto she didn't even blink at the prospect of a fight. That just means Sho's extremely overconfident and unwise, not that she'd auto-win in a fight.

I am only bringing this up here because I want it known before anything actually happens where my thoughts are on this. If it is unclear, I disagree with your proposal.

If people don't like the word fodder being used in terms of characters, fine I can understand that and apologize if it seemed offensive.
But the intention behind the usage of the word remains even if I cannot currently think of a more politically correct way to express it. You are essentially telling the 4-5 players involved that you're going to win, period, no matter what.

I am disagreeing firmly with that statement.

Zweisteine
2013-06-11, 10:01 PM
I'm still here!
I've been too busy to finalize my character, and I'm going to be away from the Internet for a week in a week or two, so I'll probably be able to join after that... :smallfrown:

Edit: Read through last bunch of posts. You need a reiatsu sensor device. Tok bad I'm not there. :smalltongue:

DiscipleofBob
2013-06-11, 10:08 PM
Just as a note on any potential confrontation with Sho, anyone beneath captain class would really be fodder, she is good as what she does and what she does is murder people.
Now she is going through some stuff where killing would not be her first reaction but it wouldn't be far from her mind.

She is also currently invisible, undetectable and on top of a bookcase other than where she was stated to be which might mess with people confronting her.

Yeah, you go ahead and think that. The bulk of the Combat Division seated officers AND the Vice-Captain of the Command Division AND two Senior SSI Members showed up.

Sho can think whatever she wants. She may quickly find the reality of other characters' capabilities to be very different, and a fight may go very differently than what she would expect. :smalltongue:

Zarah
2013-06-11, 10:10 PM
That happened to a lot of characters, really. We just kind of introduced characters nonstop by giving them plotlines that weren't that good in hindsight and that didn't pick up steam because people were bogged down in their own thousands of plotlines of variable story weight and overall quality.

For example, only one third of the Olympians ever amount to anything, and of these, only one wasn't a pre-existing character (one that was not introduced explicitly as an Olympian).

Oh god, the Olympians. I forgot about them...

But yeah, things were a pretty big mess back then. On the plus side, there was some damn good stuff in there too. I was reading my posts as Marro during his fight with Satoshi and it really made me miss playing him. He didn't do very much in the long run, but damn if it wasn't fun when he did. :smalltongue:

Two of them didn't even get included in the wiki as an empty entry! (And you are to blame for that one, Aphrodite was the secondary character of secondary characters).

shhhhh

In retrospect, Masato's sister was a pretty fun NPC, but a lousy full-blown character. I don't know why I kept wanting to expand her story.

horngeek
2013-06-11, 10:11 PM
<.<
>.>

Say, Zarah. Would you be open to OOTS style character image requests?

KnightDisciple
2013-06-11, 10:14 PM
But yeah, things were a pretty big mess back then. On the plus side, there was some damn good stuff in there too. I was reading my posts as Marro during his fight with Satoshi and it really made me miss playing him. He didn't do very much in the long run, but damn if it wasn't fun when he did. :smalltongue:

Not going to lie.

That fight, and anything involving Hans Rojak was basically my favorite bits of writing from that game.

strawberryman
2013-06-11, 10:19 PM
Hmmm. Just among fights, Elizabeth's last fight vs. Koujin, Nukari vs. Shirubaru (the last one), most fights for Ami. Also, Masato vs. Lance, of my favorites with my characters.

Draken
2013-06-11, 10:27 PM
Von Geister vs Shoken, Donovan vs Naruhi & Kiljaeran, Reene vs Metta and Natsuki were my favourite fights.

I much preferred Von Geister's various non-combat interactions, however. Specially with Kiljaeran and Satoshi.

Most of Von Geister's fights were kind of meh on both parties because there were two characters with passable grades in kidő and one was mine, while the other was the commander-general and already had his personal nemesis, which wasn't Von Geister despite the fact that he took his girlfriend and gave her to his brother, who was said personal nemesis.

Zarah
2013-06-11, 10:29 PM
<.<
>.>

Say, Zarah. Would you be open to OOTS style character image requests?

You can send them to me, but I can't guarantee anything. I haven't actually done any OOTS drawings in about a year or more. The only reason Kaori has one is because it's a hold-over from the first BleachitP.

horngeek
2013-06-11, 10:29 PM
Kay. :smallsmile:

dancrilis
2013-06-11, 10:50 PM
This basically comes off as "my character who lacks experience in actual fights that aren't just murdering helpless victims is totally powerful and skilled enough to take on anyone even Captains".
Actually when she was envisioned it was very much a case of me thinking that the outer districts were dangerous places and that she was effectively the worst thing out there.
Now I have since been told that no the outer regions are pleasant enough and have been done up recently, and that the whole decade of murder thing must not have been noted.
Fine I can accept that.

But is Lucita a combat-focused character, as 2-3 of those in the Temple's library now are?
Effectively yes she is, she is a take you out by tapping you kind of character.
When making her I considered some of the existing characters in the game and I kept falling back to Kiba.

From the way characters are written I see Kiba as being the physically most powerful character on the Soul Society side (although he lacks other abilities), he also fights passionately rather then technically (although he would have the technical skill).

When making Lucita I envisioned her as being technically equivalent but lacking in raw power in comparison to him, and if she used her own style and other abilities (likely considered cheating by the Combat Corps) he would need to collect himself and match her technically to win.

I don't know if DiscipleofBob would agree with that assessment of their character though.

I had not actually considered the alternative situation of Kiba vs Sho until right now, and frankly I am to tired to give it the thought it would require at the moment.

That just means Sho's extremely overconfident and unwise, not that she'd auto-win in a fight.
It isn't a matter of auto win, but there is a wide difference between 'overconfident and unwise' and 'auto-win'.

You are essentially telling the 4-5 players involved that you're going to win, period, no matter what.

I am disagreeing firmly with that statement.
Ok?

Not really 'win' it is a roleplaying game there is no real win condition involved.

But to reiterate I mentioned that I intended to write her out of the story (as I felt she didn't really fit it both in interaction and in expected power level), give her a win while doing so, and if people wanted to have her kept is the story allow for that to happen organically.

I saw that a series of characters were looking to oppose her and I decided to post a heads up comment to let people know my thoughts on it.

Now what I need to know is if your take on it is that I should not be allowed to write her out of the story on my own terms?
Even when those terms had absolutely no guaranteed interaction with any other character, and were not damaging to soul societies interests so would not have had ongoing issues?

Yeah, you go ahead and think that. The bulk of the Combat Division seated officers AND the Vice-Captain of the Command Division AND two Senior SSI Members showed up.

Sho can think whatever she wants. She may quickly find the reality of other characters' capabilities to be very different, and a fight may go very differently than what she would expect. :smalltongue:

I can accept this, scenes happen organically and all and people can surprise you with inventiveness.
But I just wanted it noted that she would not be on the back foot here before people wonder what I am playing at if I have her ignore things. Although at this point I am tempted to have her leave silently and avoid the grief of conflicting egos.