PDA

View Full Version : Greyhawk's Hero-Gods

Clistenes
2013-06-08, 01:55 PM
Do you know where to find canon information about the worshippers, churches, priests...etc. of Oerth's hero-gods like Keoghton, Heward, Murlynd, Charmalaine, Daern, Johydee, Kelanen...etc.

I know that, in 2nd edition mere faith could give you up to 2nd level divine spells, even if you were worshipping your own ass, but in 3.x edition you need at least Divine Rank 1 (Demi-God) to get a Portfolio, Domains and the ability to grant divine spells.

Keoghton, Heward, Murlynd and others have Portfolios and Domains, so they should have at least Divine Rank 1. But other sources call them Quasi-Gods, and the sourcebooks detailing the regions where every god has most worshipped ignore them.
Plus they seem pretty indifferent with regard to Flanaess' woes: You would think that a bunch of Demigods with the Prime as their Home Dimension would be more invested in promoting their Portfolios and defending their worshippers. They don't even step to stop Iuz, which other gods can't fight because only deities whose Home Dimension is the Prime are allowed to act directly on Oerth.

So, do you have some information? Thank you very much in advance.

hamishspence
2013-06-08, 01:59 PM
While wiki's are usually suspect, this Greyhawk Wiki:

http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

has usually been fairly accurate as far as I can tell.

Clistenes
2013-06-08, 02:08 PM
While wiki's are usually suspect, this Greyhawk Wiki:

http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

has usually been fairly accurate as far as I can tell.

Thank you.

It actually doesn't tell much about their worshippers or church, or if they are dedicated to gaining converts and such. When you read the material, it seems as if they kept roaming the Planes without caring too much about Oerth, and their worshippers are some people who know about them and reveres them out of admiration for their deeds.

There are some details about Murlynd's priests and paladins. They seem to be treated as a sect within Heironeus' church.