PDA

View Full Version : Draconic feeling mage

Blackhawk748
2013-06-08, 03:00 PM
Ok im gonna be playing a Sorcerer/Sandshaper with the base creature being a Rankki Hobgoblin from Kalamar, now id like a template that would make him feel more draconic, but have him still look like a hobgoblin, ie gives him wings, a tail claws, etc but is still obviously a hobgoblin just a weird one. Now i know of the Draconic template but thats not really what im going for, and half dragon isn't either. So i bow to the superior knowledge of the Playground.

Amnestic
2013-06-08, 03:19 PM
Draconic feats (Races of the Dragon, Dragon Magic, possibly Draconomicon, I forget) all have the sort of thing you're after. You could also be a Sunscorch Hobgoblin (Dragon Magic) which is basically a Hobgoblin with a draconic heritage.

There's also the Dragonborn template (Races of the Dragon) which gives you a choice of either wings, breath weapon or vision bonus. It does get rid of a lot of your 'base' race stuff though, so use with care.

The Dragontouched feat (Dragon Magic) lets you qualify for Draconic feats as if you had sorcerer levels equal to your character level, so you don't even necessarily need Sorcerer levels.

Also consider the Power Word spells and the Dracolexi Prestige Class (Races of the Dragon).

Blackhawk748
2013-06-08, 06:11 PM
Thank you, i think im gonna change to a Sunscorched Hobgoblin, because i can take Dragon Wings, Dragon Tail, and Draconic Claw without having to take to many flaws

Malvanis
2013-06-10, 05:11 PM
The heritage feats from PHBII can help with draconic flavor. I am not sure if they are they same as the feats already mentioned.

danzibr
2013-06-10, 08:13 PM
While I have nothing meaningful to add beyond what's already been said, I might suggest putting a hyphen between draconic and mage. Gives your title a whole new meaning.