PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] The Extent of Disguise Self

Kevingway
2013-06-08, 03:38 PM
You make yourself—including clothing, armor, weapons, and equipment—look different. You can seem 1 foot shorter or taller, thin, fat, or in between. You cannot change your body type. Otherwise, the extent of the apparent change is up to you. You could add or obscure a minor feature or look like an entirely different person

Based on the description of Disguise Self, I can assume that the line "Cannot change your body type" refers to not changing your arms, legs, adding limbs, removing limbs--you get the idea (based on my interpretation). However, what does this mean when applied to literal "Type?" If I'm a Humanoid using Disguise Self to look like an Outsider with humanoid qualities, will it work? I guess I'm trying to define what "Type" refers to here--I assume it means the former, but as it stands, "Type" is a broad term.

TuggyNE
2013-06-08, 04:32 PM
Since you don't assume any of the abilities of the chosen form, you can pretend to be an Outsider all you like: you aren't one, though, nor do you look like one. So have fun with that.