PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat requests

gurgleflep
2013-06-09, 02:32 AM
Heya folks! I've got a small handful of requests for all of you lovely folks...

What I'm wanting are stat blocks for them both as opponents and playable characters. LA and RHD aren't an issue in the slightest.
Anyway, the two races I would like to request are the Shokan (http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Shokan) and the Tarkata. (http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Tarkata) They're both - for those of you who haven't played any Mortal Kombat games - rather beastly races. I would also like to see a hybrid of the two of them if that's within your capabilities and reason - I hope I'm not asking to much!

I'm sorry that this is such a large request, but this is something that my group and I have wanted for quite some time. Thank you to whoever decides to takes up the task of creating these :smallsmile:

LordErebus12
2013-06-09, 03:01 AM
Heya folks! I've got a small handful of requests for all of you lovely folks...

What I'm wanting are stat blocks for them both as opponents and playable characters. LA and RHD aren't an issue in the slightest.
Anyway, the two races I would like to request are the Shokan (http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Shokan) and the Tarkata. (http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Tarkata) They're both - for those of you who haven't played any Mortal Kombat games - rather beastly races. I would also like to see a hybrid of the two of them if that's within your capabilities and reason - I hope I'm not asking to much!

I'm sorry that this is such a large request, but this is something that my group and I have wanted for quite some time. Thank you to whoever decides to takes up the task of creating these :smallsmile:

Thri-Kreen might be an initial building point for Shokan. Id say Orc for Tarkata, with the added bite and blade attacks.

gurgleflep
2013-06-09, 01:28 PM
Thri-Kreen might be an initial building point for Shokan. Id say Orc for Tarkata, with the added bite and blade attacks.

While these are helpful suggestions, I'm not the greatest at brewing things :smallfrown:
The class I've got listed in my signature was just a quick smash-up of two classes, and that was a pain in the buttocks for me regardless of the help I obtained.

LordErebus12
2013-06-09, 02:14 PM
While these are helpful suggestions, I'm not the greatest at brewing things :smallfrown:
The class I've got listed in my signature was just a quick smash-up of two classes, and that was a pain in the buttocks for me regardless of the help I obtained.

Okay, let me think.

Shokan

+4 Str, -2 Dex, -2 Int, +2 Cha. Shokan are strong and aggressive, using brute force to dominate those weaker than them. However, they are clumsy and not too smart.
Monstrous Humanoid: Shokan are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person. they also have the Dragonblooded subtype.
Medium: As Medium creatures, shokan have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Shokan base land speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision out to 60 feet.
+2 Natural Armor: A Shokan's hide is tough and resistant to blows.
Multiple Limbs: Shokan have four arms.
Racial Hit Dice: A shokan's character begins with two levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +0, Ref +3, and Will +3.
Racial Skills: A Shokan's monstrous humanoid levels give him skill points equal to 5 × (2 + Int modifier). His class skills are Jump, Intimidate, Listen, Spot and Survival.
Skilled Grappler: Due to the extra limbs and racial training in close quarters combat, Shokan roll twice for grapple attempts, taking the better of the two checks.
Top Heavy: due to their extra mass on their torso, they are slightly top heavy. Shokan suffer a -2 racial penalty on all balance checks.
Automatic Languages: Common, Shokan. Bonus Languages: Any
Favored Class: Monk
Level Adjustment: +1.

Tarkata

+2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Cha. Tarkata are intelligent half-breeds of humans and fiends, using their natural quickness of both body and mind to rise in the ranks of their society. They typically are very cruel and unfriendly.
Native Outsider: Tarkata are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
Medium: As Medium creatures, tarkata have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Tarkata base land speed is 30 feet.
+1 Natural Armor: A Tarkata's hide is tough and resistant to blows.
Arm blades: Tarkata have either one or two blades that sprout forward from near the wrists on each arm, that count as both manufactured and natural primary weapons, dealing 1d6 slashing or piercing damage. They count as magical weapons at 4th level and gain a +1 enhancement bonus per 4 HD obtained.
Teeth: Shokan have a secondary bite attack that deals 1d4 damage.
Automatic Languages: Common, Tarkata. Bonus Languages: Any
Favored Class: Rogue

gurgleflep
2013-06-09, 02:27 PM
Okay, let me think. Im gonna make the Shokan in the next few minutes.

Thank you :smallsmile:
Also, I quite like your avatar.

LordErebus12
2013-06-09, 02:50 PM
Thank you :smallsmile:
Also, I quite like your avatar.

thanks, im playing an awakened eagle that is an oracle of the outer rifts. she will prolly end up a fire-based divine caster with demonic traits.

The races are up.

ArlEammon
2013-06-09, 03:00 PM
Okay, let me think.

Shokan

+4 Str, -2 Dex, -2 Int, +2 Cha. Shokan are strong and aggressive, using brute force to dominate those weaker than them. However, they are clumsy and not too smart.
Monstrous Humanoid: Shokan are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person. they also have the Dragonblooded subtype.
Medium: As Medium creatures, shokan have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Racial Hit Dice: A shokan's character begins with two levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +0, Ref +3, and Will +3.
Racial Skills: A Shokan's monstrous humanoid levels give him skill points equal to 5 × (2 + Int modifier). His class skills are Jump, Intimidate, Listen, Spot and Survival.
Skilled Grappler: Due to the extra limbs and racial training in close quarters combat, Shokan roll twice for grapple attempts, taking the better of the two checks.
Top Heavy: due to their extra mass on their torso, they are slightly top heavy. Shokan suffer a -2 racial penalty on all balance checks.

Tarkata

+2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Cha. Tarkata are intelligent half-breeds of humans and fiends, using their natural quickness of both body and mind to rise in the ranks of their society. They typically are very cruel and unfriendly.
Native Outsider: Tarkata are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
Medium: As Medium creatures, tarkata have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Arm blades: Tarkata have either one or two blades that sprout forward from near the wrists on each arm, that count as both manufactured and natural primary weapons, dealing 1d6 slashing or piercing damage. They count as magical weapons at 4th level and gain a +1 enhancement bonus per 4 HD obtained.
Level Adjustment: +0.

Tarkatan sound like the perfect Wizard/Fighter Multiclass.

gurgleflep
2013-06-09, 03:00 PM
Okay, let me think.

Shokan

Tarkata

Level Adjustment: +0.

If I could, I would hug you right now - these are beautiful! :smallbiggrin: Thank you so much, you've done great.

Tarkatan sound like the perfect Wizard/Fighter Multiclass.

Something like a duskblade? Or was it a beguiler...
The one that can cast magic while wearing armor, I can't recall the name.

LordErebus12
2013-06-09, 03:34 PM
Tarkata should technically have a LA +1, now that I think about it.

gurgleflep
2013-06-09, 03:40 PM
Tarkata should technically have a LA +1, now that I think about it.

That's fine with me :smallsmile: as I said, LA and RHD aren't an issue :smalltongue:

gurgleflep
2013-06-10, 08:38 AM
Okay everybody, I hate to do this to ya'll, but I've got a few more requests. Sorry! On the bright side: these are the last of the MK requests!

The next requests are Saurians, (http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Saurian) Centaurians (http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Centaurian), and Shao Kahn. (http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Shao_Kahn)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! I don't know how exactly Shao Kahn will work out, so if he's too big of a problem don't worry about him.

LordErebus12
2013-06-10, 03:20 PM
Okay everybody, I hate to do this to ya'll, but I've got a few more requests. Sorry! On the bright side: these are the last of the MK requests!

The next requests are Saurians, (http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Saurian) Centaurians (http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Centaurian), and Shao Kahn. (http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Shao_Kahn)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! I don't know how exactly Shao Kahn will work out, so if he's too big of a problem don't worry about him.

Shao Kahn isnt his own race. he is an elder god, brother to raiden and son of Shinnok. (at least in some of the mythos)

gurgleflep
2013-06-10, 03:27 PM
Shao Kahn isnt his own race. he is an elder god, brother to raiden and son of Shinnok. (at least in some of the mythos)

I knew he was Raiden's brother, I didn't know he was Shinnok's son though. The wiki said "Overworlder" which was quite odd. I don't like a majority of the wiki, but it's the only place I could get a decent sum of information on them. *shrugs*

LordErebus12
2013-06-10, 03:39 PM
Centaurians, like Motaro, are basically D&D's centaur with a tail attack and a pair of capricorn horns.

two secondary natural attacks, adding to the base centaur and you're good.

gurgleflep
2013-06-10, 03:43 PM
Centaurians, like Motaro, are basically D&D's centaur with a tail attack and a pair of capricorn horns.

two secondary natural attacks, adding to the base centaur and you're good.

Sounds simple enough. Would their LA or RHD change any?

LordErebus12
2013-06-10, 03:46 PM
Saurians could use Lizardfolk as a base, adding in a spell like ability to render itself invisible 3/day as well as an ability to appear as if they are made of stone. (you might steal the gargoyle's freeze ability while he's doing it)

maybe an acid spit attack (acid splash 3/day).

LA would increase by 1.

LordErebus12
2013-06-10, 03:47 PM
Sounds simple enough. Would their LA or RHD change any?

id say so, but its pretty high already. its up to you, although i wouldnt.

gurgleflep
2013-06-10, 08:58 PM
Saurians could use Lizardfolk as a base, adding in a spell like ability to render itself invisible 3/day as well as an ability to appear as if they are made of stone. (you might steal the gargoyle's freeze ability while he's doing it)

maybe an acid spit attack (acid splash 3/day).

LA would increase by 1.

id say so, but its pretty high already. its up to you, although i wouldnt.

Both of these sound good to me, thank you :smallsmile: I greatly appreciate all the help you've given me.

LordErebus12
2013-06-10, 09:10 PM
Both of these sound good to me, thank you :smallsmile: I greatly appreciate all the help you've given me.

no problem. not too many seemed interested in helping (except my friend Redwarlock, who helped on Shokan and Tarkata). figured it would be fun to do.

gurgleflep
2013-06-11, 12:00 AM
no problem. not too many seemed interested in helping (except my friend Redwarlock, who helped on Shokan and Tarkata). figured it would be fun to do.

I'd noticed that to :smallsigh: It appears that homebrewers have all started their summer vacations.
The two of you have my thanks :smallsmile: both of those races came out prefect.

Edit: I just looked into your brew and came across deep orcs. I love them!