PDA

View Full Version : Blades Of Despair

johnswiftwood
2013-06-09, 07:09 AM
a few weeks ago i created a campaign setting,it's still in progress and i only have three city's at the moment,anyway since i'm midway through a campaign setting and don't wanna end it so soon i was hoping someone could play test the beta of my 1st homebrew setting,the story of which i'll tell now

in the beginning,when the world was still young,the spirits of the world and the gods of the heavens and hells had created nine blades,the three blades of despair, which could make even the most benevolent go mad,the three blades of indifference, which would lead to a perpetual state of apathy,and the three blades of hope, which can make even a devil bow to his knees and beg for forgiveness,these blades would turn their holders into avatars of what they (the blades) stand for,naturally these legendary blades are sought by the world for their divine power

blade of despair
"I-It's not my fault,I swear,it was the sword,IT DID THIS TO US!!!"
the blades of despair are artifacts of the 11th level,they will slowly turn you evil simply through temporary contact
+1 enhancement per level up
[W] + enhancement of necrotic damage
(daily power) chasm to hell *wis vs ref* on hit 2d12 +wisdom modifier necrotic damage

blade of indifference
"Does it even matter what we do?,we'll all be dead soon anyway."
the blades of indifference are artifacts of the 11th level,they will slowly turn you neutral simply by temporary contact
[w]+enhancement damage
(daily power) lack of purpose *int vs will* on hit 2d12+charisma modifier

blade of hope
"I've never felt like this!,it feels so...wonderful..."
the blades of hope are artifacts of the 11th level,over time they will slowly turn you good simply by temporary contact
[w]+ enhancement radiance damage
(daily power)stairway to heaven *cha vs ac* on hit 2d12+ cha modifier radiance damage

so what do you think of what I've got as per back story and items?

johnswiftwood
2013-06-09, 04:54 PM
oh wait i forgot the towns

PORT Everwind

militia-1,040 citizens
45% clubs/daggers
20% work hammers/hand axes
15% spears
10% short sword and buckler
5% long sword small shield and leather armor
4% any weapons or armor
1% wizard

population-10,800

economy rating-exellent
crime rate-low
military-poor
defence(numbers)exellent(trainng)poor

places of interest
the golden gullet(tavern)[people of interest]ivory the halfling wench,erico the half elf paladin ,richard the human mecinary
various temples and shrines[people of interest]improvise
market place(people of interest)shop keepers,various guildsmen
mage's guild(people of interest)improvise,the guild master
warriors guild (people of interest)improvise,guild master
slums (poi)criminals,improvise
palace (poi)king,queen,princess(elder,age 19),princess (younger,age 7,develops crushes on chaotic aligned 'tanks'),prince(age 20)

items available in shop
rations (2 silver)
daggers (8 silver)
cloth armor (1 gold)
leather armor (4 gold)
short swords (2 gold)
work hammers (9 silver)
quarter staves (5 copper)
hide armor (5 gold)
chain armor (220 gold)
scail armor (270 gold)
plate armor (320 gold)
spell components (varies)
holy symbols (varies)
tomtems (varies)
instruments*doesn't matter which in this town*(8 copper)
rods (varies)
wands (varies)

pyrion

military-200 soldiers , 300 citizens
50% daggers and cloth armor
30% short sword and dagger
20% leather armor heavy sheild and spear

population-122,000

economy-horrific
crime rate-high
military-decent
defence-(numbers)decent (training)-outstanding

places of interest
the temple of the chaotic good pantheon (temple)[people of interest]-Benny(level 3 cleric,30 gold for cure light wounds),
hercules (level 19 warrior,45 str,5int,12dex,13cha,8wis,17con)
market(shop)[people of interest] shop keepers,Arron the former adventer(dice stat generation),prostitutes(3 silver each)
city streets (slums)[people of interest]improvise
palace[people of interests]king,queen,princess(age 17,developes feelings for rougues)

available items
rations(20 gp)
apartments(12,000gp per year)
boat pass (200,000 gp)
dagger(50 gp)
(black market prices are 1/2 price)

storm hammer
military-50,000 police-120,000
(military)
1% will be centurian which are warriors of the 5th level,they always weild a short sword a heavy sheild and scale armor
99% will be foot soldiers weilding spears and heavy sheilds(20%),short swords leather armor and light sheilds(20%)long spears and chain mail (30%)
long swords hide armor and sheilds(15%)spears and sheilds with scale mail (10%) battle axes sheilds scale mail,light sheilds and slings (5%) foot soldiers are of the 3rs level

police
warriors of the 1st level weilding daggers,shortbows and leather armor

economy great
crime rate low
military nigh undefetable
defence (numbers) near infinate (training) above average

places of interest
diamond goblet (tavern) [people of interest] alistar the drunken master(monk of the 15th level and owner of the bar),amilia (wife of alistar)
various shrines and temples (temple)[people of interest] clerics,beggers,and the pope (main quest giver of the first half of the campaign)
market place [people of interest] shop keepers,alchemists,guldsmen
palace [people of interest] octavian(paladin of the 10 level)
streets[people of interest] orphans,widows,cultists (dc perception 10 to detect those of level 3 and lower,dc 25 for 4 and above)

items available
all (prices given by DM)

johnswiftwood
2013-06-11, 06:06 AM
okay,now tell me,is there anything else you guys want to know?

Weltall_BR
2013-06-11, 05:27 PM
Well, they say there are two ways to build a world: top-down or bottom-up. You have a small piece of top-down (the blades and their story) and a fair piece of bottom-up (the towns). How shall you fill the gap?

johnswiftwood
2013-06-11, 06:20 PM
Well, they say there are two ways to build a world: top-down or bottom-up. You have a small piece of top-down (the blades and their story) and a fair piece of bottom-up (the towns). How shall you fill the gap?

i just started working on a race,it'll be for the 4th edition as that's what i play
also a class might be in the works if i find the time

johnswiftwood
2013-06-13, 07:01 AM
i have my races mechanics here

URUK HAI

+2 str +1 con +1 wis

vermin bred cunning: reroll failed wisdom roll and take the latter result

themourningstar
2013-06-13, 07:09 AM
I'm not familiar with 4.0 at all (yuck lol), but are these really artifact level powers for that game? From the fluff, I was expecting some kind of intelligent item with a high ego that could force a character to follow its alignment goals.. I see nothing like that in the mechanics though. There is absolutely nothing, power wise, that reflects their alignments.

johnswiftwood
2013-06-13, 07:27 AM
the daily powers are more powerful then average,also i made those a little bit op,getting a + 18 weapon would be overkill,so up minimum level to 19,that way it's only + 10 by the end of campaign