PDA

View Full Version : [IC] The Slaying Stone

Cilvyn
2013-06-09, 08:17 AM
Reserved for possible stuff in the future

Players
Onlie2005 - Jessica the Brave (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=585728)
Azktor - Fengir Runecutter (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=572136=html)
Wdwune - Korglar 'the Boar' (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=586294)
Iron Penguin - Kael Whisperwind (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=587036)

Link to the OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287237&page=3)

Map (http://www.chrisicus.com/dnd/images/nentir-vale.jpg) of the region

Cilvyn
2013-06-09, 08:18 AM
Kael Whisperwind

Kael slipped into the inn, his dog shivering at his heels. He was so dispirited by the cold and wet seeping into his bones that he didn't even make a dramatic entrance, just slunk into the warmth of the taproom, shaking raindrops from his coat. Behind him, the scruffy, straw-haired dog shook itself vigorously. A sharp-eyed observer might have noticed a crackle of bluish light flicker briefly over the creature's flanks.

Kael tossed his battered hat onto the bar. "What d'you have that'll warm my bones?" he asked the woman tending bar. She smiled - rallying a little, Kael gave her a roguish grin in return.

"Mulled wine?" Kael nodded.

"Without doubt, those are the happiest words I've heard all day." He paid for the cup of wine, and for a few moments was lost in the simple joy of breathing in the spice-scented steam. He took a long draught of the drink. Warmth returned, and with it, his spirits. "Now, I don't doubt that you hear this a lot..." he began with a wink, "but have you any need of music? If the answer's no, perhaps you could take pity on a poor wandering minstrel and say yes anyway?" He rummaged in one pocket of his long, travelled-stained coat, drawing out a slender bone-white flute. "If only you'd find me a dry place to sleep tonight, I promise to delight your patrons with pipe and song. Though not both at the same time - I'm a virtuoso, not a wizard."

Cilvyn
2013-06-09, 08:20 AM
Jessica the Brave

It had been a miserable several days and it was cold and wet. Hardly the type of weather to be leaving the Tower for a few days of rest and relaxation. But Treona felt that the child had spent too much time in the Tower. And she needed a break. As it so happened Treona needed some supplies since the pantry and other necessities were running low. And the closest town was Winterhaven.

At first, Jessica was very reluctant to go to Winterhaven. It was more of a stubborn need to study and learn from the ritualist's library rather than outright fear. She had learned much from Treona and her hunger for knowledge always wanted to be sated. But Treona felt that the girl was spending too much time indoors and needed to get out of the Tower and into the world again. After some gentle coaxing, Jessica relented.

Having not left the Tower since first arriving, Jessica was slow and somewhat hesitant. It was not the walking or the travel time, it was getting back to normal after her traumatic experience. She was very uptight and silent during her trip to Winterhaven. Her eyes were constantly roaming and ready for trouble in spite of Captain Panaka's assurances that everything was safe. The constant threat of ambush was always on her mind remembering what happened to her and her father. It was clear that her experience had dramatically changed her in some ways that would forever mark her. Nevertheless to her relief, they made it to Winterhaven without incident.

Jessica eventually relaxed after a few days and routine started to kick in. If anything she was starting to enjoy the trip now. Once the much needed supplies were bought, the girl even started hanging out with some of the town's children and playing with them. Even if it were for a few days, it seemed to help and once more Jessica was happy and safe much to Captain Panaka's relief. The weather though turned awful. Cold wet rain was the norm for the past day or so and Captain Panaka decided that Jessica should remain in Winterhaven for a day or two. So he arranged for her to stay at Wrafton's Inn while he headed back to Treona's Tower to deliver the suppllies. Besides, there was one more thing from Valthrun that was badly needed. Valthrun said he needed a few days for him to prepare it, so someone had to stay behind and pick up the product when it was ready.

It was nighttime and as usual the weather was miserable and cold. Rain had dampened Jessica's playtime, and now she was in the inn, warming herself by the fire. She sat on the couch and had her knees up to her chest as she cradled her backpack in her arms and in her lap. She extended her right hand towards the fire in the fireplace and after a few gestures the fire got brighter and slightly warmer. She then continued to drink her apple cider while reflecting on past events.

Cilvyn
2013-06-10, 03:42 PM
Fengir Runecutter

After a month of desperate struggle for survival within the caves networks, Fangir is finally out. Without knowing much about that side of the mountain he decides to be cautious to not come across a group of goblins or orcs, even why he still has many open wounds.
After two days of solitary walk he stumbles upon a human woman and two children being attacked by two goblins. Fangir straightaway rushes to the first goblin obliterating it with his Warhammer. But at the same time the second goblin attacks one of the children. Without even thinking about his state, Fangir jumps in front of the goblin's sword taking the full blow, to protect the child. Striking back with all his strength leaving the goblin fallen on the floor.
By the time the woman came to thank, Fangir began to feel dizzy and everything became dark.
Fangir awakes lying on a bed, too big for him, wearing only his underwear and a damp cloth on his head. He tried to get up, but the wound that he received from the goblin sword was still too fresh and the sudden effort made that all his tiredness come to the fore. And had to lie down again, then the human woman appears in the room:
"Good morning! How are you feeling?"
"Err... as if a group of boars had hit me. But at least I'm not dead. What happened?"
"Hehe! Well... you saved me and my children from an attack by goblins. But you ended badly wounded and we brought you to our house. Thank noble dwarf! I'm sorry but I still do not know your name..."
"It was nothing! And my name is Fangir Runecutter."
After a few days while recovering from his wounds, Fangir discovers that her name is Mirian Belasca and that their children are called Gina and Marcus. Fangir tells part of his story and says that he would like to go somewhere to became more strong and rich, to maybe be able to gather an army to defeat Hoturn. She mentions the town of Winterhaven as a good starting place and Fangir decides to go there.
In the moment that Fangir was ready to leave Mirian's house the two children came to hug him, saying:
"Thank you for saving our lives!"
He leaves the house without knowing what to say, but with teary eyes. Thinking in all the children he could not save in his village.

Iron Penguin
2013-06-10, 06:10 PM
Kael played a brief trill on his pipe. The rain seemed to have spared the instrument any damage, so he smiled, sat down on a stool and leaned against the bar. His faithful hound curled up contentedly under the stool, resting his yellowish muzzle on one foreleg. Kael put the pipe to his lips and began to play in earnest.

He played the warmth of the fire and the glow of friendship, the contentment of rest after a weary day and the joy of talk and laughter among companionable people. Around him, the other patrons listened with half an ear, and their conversations grew more animated. Laughter broke out here and there, where two or three people were gathered around a table, and the fire seemed warmer, the light more golden, and even the drink seemed to flow more freely.

Part of Kael wondered how much of this convivial feeling was down to his skill with the pipe, and how much was his Fey heritage. Something wild seemed to dance in him when he played, but for tonight, he reigned it in, as much as he could. This was a night for cheery songs and laughter, not for the strange and haunting melodies of the Feywild. He looked around the room, and his eye fell on a young girl sitting by the fireside, apparently alone. Odd, he thought to himself in passing. Not the oddest thing I've seen these past years, but still... odd.

As if sensing where his attention had rested, Kael's companion stretched, yawned, and bounded over to where the girl sat, snuffling at her with his glistening wet nose.

Cilvyn
2013-06-10, 06:37 PM
You are in a nice and cozy inn with a some of the local villagers sitting around. Some of them are smoking a pipe outside the Inn beneath a rooflet, but most of them are sitting inside the Inn drinking, chatting, singing, gossiping and making music. Sylvana the innkeeper walks around serving drinks and food to all the people. Normally it is much more crowded, but now it looks like a quiet evening.

@ Kael Whisperwind:
The young girl at the bar recoils a bit when you grin at her and playfully wink at her. Then she blushes when she sees your hansom half-elf face.
Uhm, w-we got some good wine, good sir. Can I maybe bring you a glass?
Then you hear the Innkeeper call her.
Lynn, don’t keep that girl at the fire waiting. Bring her something to eat, that poor girl is sitting there like she has had a terrible day.
Lynn, poors you a glass of wine and then prepares some bread.
If you like good sir, you can make some music by the fire. We already have someone playing the mandolin, maybe you can join her? Perhaps you can cheer up that little girl, sitting there by the fire?
She nods her head over there asking you to come with her.

@Fangir Runecutter
You enter the village through the gate. It is cold and dark, and drizzle has made your cloths wet and cold. The guards let you past the gates and you enter the quiet village of Winterhaven. Most households are already sleeping but from some houses you see some light. Then you hear soft noises coming from the inn and warm light lures you to the front door.
When you enter the inn, you see a dozen people sitting inside, drinking, laughing and having fun. A young man welcomes you and advices you to sit by the fire to warm and dry your cloths. There you see a little girl sitting staring into the flames. Also an old man smoking a pipe and humming to himself. The young man ask you if you like something to drink, something hot maybe to bring the warmth back in your body? There is a room for you upstairs if you get tired, but now enjoy your evening!

Persons of Note in the Inn

The Innkeeper walking around serving drinks.
http://www.med.unc.edu/~saasha/keep/sal2.jp

The “Lord” of Winterhaven sitting quietly at his table drinking some good wine with his wife.
http://www.med.unc.edu/~saasha/keep/pad.jpg
http://www.freewebs.com/legacyofthegods/ladypadraig.jpg

Elf Minstrel, making music close to the fire.
http://www.med.unc.edu/~saasha/keep/minstrel.jpg

Winterhaven Information

Most residents of Winterhaven have never traveled beyond the village vale. The majority of villagers are farmers, though the walled heart of Winterhaven employs various craftspeople as well. Wagons occasionally head east down old King’s Road from Winterhaven to find trade with the next village, which lies five days away. Sometimes wagons come into Winterhaven, causing the villagers to excitedly gather in the Market Square to hear news of the outside world and to buy new and exotic goods.

Leadership: Ernest adraig, the Lord of Winterhaven, is descended from the noble family that ruled the area under edict of the old empire. Folks around Winterhaven were happy with Lord Padraig’s father’s authority, and they have found answering to the rules of the new lord no more arduous. On the other hand, Padraig doesn’t have absolute power. For instance, he has been unable to raise a force from among the villagers to deal with the kobold problem on the road.

Padraig commands the Winterhaven Regulars, a core group of ten soldiers who perform guard and police functions in and around the walled portion of the village. The Regulars patrol in pairs. To augment this force, Padraig can muster a group of about fifty civilians, given a day’s notice. However, he can only do this if the village itself is threatened—the villagers have no desire to patrol the road beyond the farms.

Demographics: The population of Winterhaven is predominantly human, with a scattering of dwarf families,
and a handful of individuals of other common races, including a couple of elves.

Economics: Winterhaven is primarly an agricultural village based on barter and trade, though Lord Padraig
keeps a monetary system afloat with his own coin. Adventurers should have no trouble purchasing appropriate items for which they have sufficient coin.

Winterhaven Map

http://marq.wikispaces.com/file/view/kots003.jpg/81185945/518x340/kots003.jpg

Wrafton’s Inn ground floor, 2nd floor and cellar.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Stormonu/Inn1stfloor.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Stormonu/Inn2ndfloor.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Stormonu/Inncellar.jpg

Wrafton’s Inn Menu

Breakfast (6 am - 10 am)
Platter of pancakes, bacon, sausage links, egg (sunny-side up) and 2 biscuits - 2 sp
Platter of ham, eggs and a biscuit - 1 sp
Stack of pancakes - 8 cp
Plate of scrambled eggs - 3 cp
Two slices of bacon or sausage link - 2 cp
Bowl of biscuits (6) - 1 cp

Lunch (10:30 am - 6 pm)
Platter of turkey leg and loaf of bread - 2 sp
Platter of Ham haunch, roasted vegetables and 1/2 loaf of bread - 1 sp
Turkey leg - 5 cp
Vegetable stew - 4 cp
Barley soup - 3 cp
Bowl of fruits - 3 cp
Loaf of bread - 2 cp

Dinner (6 pm - 9 pm)
Platter of beef haunch, spiced potatoes and loaf of bread - 2 sp
Platter of venison, roasted vegetables and 1/2 loaf of bread - 1 sp
Venison stew and 1/2 loaf of bread - 5 cp
Fruit salad - 4 cp
Platter of roasted vegetables - 3 cp
Platter of turkey dressing - 3 cp
Bowl of fruits - 3 cp
Loaf of bread - 2 cp

Drinks
Dragon's breath XXX, shot - 2 gp
Dwarven Stout ale, mug - 7 cp
Elvin honey wine, glass - 6 cp
Nerath bloodwine, glass - 5 cp
Winterhaven Golden Wine, glass - 5 cp
Honey mead, mug - 4 cp
Ale, mug - 4 cp
Sylvan juice (made of various berries and nectarines), glass - 3 cp
Milk, glass - 1 cp (breakfast only)

Azktor
2013-06-10, 07:31 PM
"Aye, bring to me a mug of yer best dwarven ale and some meat and bread! I will be close to the fire!"
Fangir sits near to the fire, a few minutes later the young man arrives with his drink and he starts drinking it quickly lost in his thoughts "I wonder if anyone from my village have survived like me..." while listening to the music played by the elf.

Wdwune
2013-06-10, 07:43 PM
A tall male humanoid appears at the inn, enveloped in bulky clothes under a rain cloak, his face all covered except by his eyes, but everyone can see a large sword hanging in his back, sheathed.

The humanoid walks in removing his wet cloak. Most perceptive people can see his skin color is grey, and most knowledgeable can indicate that must have orc blood, even if he apparently behaves like a human.

"It's been a long road," he thinks as he holds and stares a piece of paper he took from his belt pouch. "Just a few more days before I reach Kiris Dahn..."

He wished he would have a mug of ale, or a cup of spiced wine, but first things first... He walked in a straight line towards the fireplace, took a chair and made himself comfortable at a spot near the fire, where other people were warming up as he was. The music someone was playing helped him relax a bit.

He raised his hand to call the innkeeper, and when he approaches the humanoid asks him "Any news from Kiris Dahn?"

His voice was deep, low-pitched and guthural, but quiet. His face, however, was still covered by an old scarf.

Azktor
2013-06-10, 08:01 PM
When Fangir realize the green-skinned man enter the inn and sit close by the fire, he instinctively grabs the handle of his warhammer and observes the Half-orc calling the innkeeper. He thinks "Grr...damn Orcs!"
After a few seconds staring at the newly arrived, he goes back to drinking his ale trying to calm himself.

onlie2005
2013-06-10, 09:41 PM
Jessica was surprised by the dog but her reaction is not that of fear. As she put down her mug she extended her hand, palm up under the dog's nose to sniff. The girl may not have had a pet in her life but she knew and seen dogs enough to know how to treat them. If the dog was so willing she will affectionately pat and smooth his head and scratch under his neck like.

The girl does notice new visitors to her little corner and gives them a courteous nod. She is not bothered by the half orc coming near. Jessica had seen half orcs before. But it was what he said that set her off. At the mention of Kiris Dahn, she almost lost it, her breathing became somewhat fast and there was a look of panic in her eyes. She had to close her eyes and will her hands not to shake violently at the mention of the town. After a few minutes she managed to calm herself down.

Iron Penguin
2013-06-11, 12:00 PM
OOC: I've shifted into present tense to match everyone else - otherwise things get a bit confusing :smallsmile:

Kael finishes playing, and takes a swig of his wine. The other minstrel, a rather pretty elf seated across the hearth from him, begins to pick a tune on her mandolin. To Kael's surprise, she's very good - much better than he expected of a string-plucker in a backwater town like this one. He sits back a little, content for now to enjoy someone else's music.

Ama, he notices, is still bothering the young girl. Her hands are on his neck, and the animal is angling his head to let her reach the spot just under his chin where he likes to be scratched. Kael frowns a little to himself - the girl seems tense and almost fearful. He stands and crosses to her, calling Ama back to him, but before he reaches her he realises that it's not the dog that upsets her.

"It seems my dog has introduced himself already," Kael says, slipping into an empty seat next to the girl. Ama spares him a sideways glance, then goes back to having his chin scratched. Ungrateful little scruff-bag, Kael thinks, affectionately. "Well, my name is Kael, and his is Amaer'nathengwen. Most people call him Ama - or 'oi, you', though that works for both of us. I hope we haven't done anything to trouble you."

Wdwune
2013-06-11, 01:36 PM
The half-orc frowns when he hears no response from the innkeeper, but soon he understands... The inn is not so crowded, but even so everyone's busy. With a sigh, he makes himself comfortable, loosening his bulky clothes a bit, resting his sword, bow and quiver on his lap.

"Fine," he finally says. "Then bring me a mug of dwarven ale and a good loaf of red meat."

While he waits, he focused his attention from the fire to the people in there. Many patrons eating and drinking at tables, a female elf playing music ("beautiful but not of my taste"), a long-haired male human who carries a flute and a strange-looking dog following him around ("good they allow pets and weapons in this place."), a serious dwarven warrior sitting nearby and enjoying a mug of ale ("did he just glared at me?... Well he's grumpy, but I must recognize his good taste"), and a girl wearing blue shirt and brown pants but she seemed troubled somehow ("just a girl, but she's carrying a dagger...")

When the innkeeper finally arrives with ale and meat, the half-orc thanks her and finally takes his scarf off, uncovering his face, revealing rough, gray (or greenish) skin, a black beard and two fangs resembling tusks.

He enjoys his meal and stout ale while he notices the strange dog passing next to him and his master (the human flutist) run after him and start a conversation with the nostalgic girl:

"Well, my name is Kael, and his is Amaer'nathengwen. Most people call him Ama - or 'oi, you', though that works for both of us. I hope we haven't done anything to trouble you."

"That's an odd name for a pet," the half-orc thinks as he takes a sip from his mug. "But that's ok, an unusual name for an unusual dog."

Azktor
2013-06-11, 04:30 PM
Fangir noticed that the young girl got agitated when the half-orc come close to them and he gets up "I bet she is scared of the damn orc!" and he goes near to where she is, when a half-elf with a weird dog starts to talk with her. He waits patiently for him finish to talk and says. "Sorry to interrupt Lad! I just wanted to check if the young Lass are felling well."

He then turns to the young girl "My name is Fangir Runecutter and I could not help noticing that ye just reacted as ye are not feeling well and I'm a healer, so Is there something or SOMEONE disturbing ye?"

Iron Penguin
2013-06-11, 05:01 PM
"Well met, friend dwarf," Kael says. He covers his irritation with a friendly smile and an elegant half-bow. "My name is Kael, and I was just introducing myself to this young lady." He's weary and hungry from a long day's travel, so a little of his annoyance seeps into his voice. He dislikes his conversations being interrupted, and he dislikes the hint of beligerence the came into the dwarf's voice when he spoke those last few words. He seems to have an axe to grind, Kael thinks, with bitter amusement at his unintentional pun.

Azktor
2013-06-11, 05:12 PM
"Nice to meet ye! I didn't mean to interrupt, but..." Fangir comes a little closer and whisper "the young Lass here started to get agitated when that orc came here and I've got worried if he have done something to wrong her in the past."

Cilvyn
2013-06-11, 05:45 PM
Kelrella the Minstrell watches you play and when you are finished and take a sip of your wine, she comes towards you.

Mhh, I like that tune. you realy play wel for someone who must be on the road that much. Are you staying here a while? I would love to play some music together when there are more people to enjoy it.

She winks at you and smiles.

If you promise to stay another day I will tell you what the best room is of this inn for you and.. your friends?

She nods to all of you and then turns to korglar.

You spoke of Kiris Dahn, what is your business there? You know it is overun my goblins right? I wouldn't go there if I were you. But hey I am just a simple girl, you on the other hand are a fearsome warrior..
She smiles agonizing (teasing?) at you.
I have heard all crazy stories about that village which I hope are not true

She takes her instrument and starts to play a lulleby for Jessica.
hey Little girl, shouldn't you be in bad by now? Then she turns to keal and then to Korglar and then to Fengir and realizes none of them could be the father of the child. Where are your parents? Do you even have a room to sleep tonight? Are these fine gentleman your friends little one? If so they should not let a girl like you sit by the fire like this in the middle of the night. Let's find you a nice warm bed, shall we?

You see she really wants to care for Jessica and gives you guys a punitive glance.

onlie2005
2013-06-11, 09:01 PM
Jessica has been silent at the moment as she collects herself. The girl does not know why she reacted that way. All she knew was that every time she heard the words Kiris Dahn, it set her off. She was able to control it at times but others it set her on edge. Memories of nightmares of being chased and killed by goblins were still fresh in her mind. But she managed to hold on. After taking a deep breath, she said calmly to the dwarf,"I'll be okay. No nobody bothered me. Just that I....well it is kind of personal."

She turns to the half orc and says, "Talk to Captain Panaka regarding Kiris Dahn. He left for Treona's Tower to deliver supplies but he will be right back to take me back to the Tower. He may have more information about Kiris Dahn and maybe a job for you."

When the female bard arrives, Jessica explains more, "My daddy is dead.", and you can tell there is a hint of hurt and grief in her voice. She talks through it quickly as if to dull the pain by getting the sentence over with.

"I am living as Lady Treona's ward now and only came to Winterhaven to help get supplies.", Jessica gestures to a nearby window and specifically the weather outside, "But my escort, Captain Panaka, felt that the weather was too horrible for me to go so he felt that I should wait a few days until it passes. I have a room already paid for by my escort and he said he will be back to pick me up and take me back to the Tower. I am also waiting for something from Valthrun. Don't know if it is ready yet though."

"And I'm Jessica Darkwood. Well met.", Jessica says more or less out of politeness to the greeting of the male bard than out of enthusiastic getting to know people. She seems distant and a bit sad.

Azktor
2013-06-11, 10:10 PM
Fangir look at this sad young girl in front of him and says "That is ok, ye don't need to tell me, I just don't like to see the young one suffering..." Fangir is silent for a second. Thinking about the children's cries for help he heard on the night of the attack on his village and that he could not help. "I'm at yer disposal Lady Jessica. Have a good night!" Fangir gives a sincere and tired smile back to her.

Knowing that tavern musicians are always good font of information he then turns to the elf minstrel and Kael and asks "Any of ye have any news about Barmalk village lately? I'm a survivor from the attack there that happened a month ago...is there another survivors?"

Wdwune
2013-06-12, 10:47 AM
She turns to the half orc and says, "Talk to Captain Panaka regarding Kiris Dahn. He left for Treona's Tower to deliver supplies but he will be right back to take me back to the Tower. He may have more information about Kiris Dahn and maybe a job for you."

"Captain Panaka?" The name meant something to the half-orc, but he didn't want to crack his brain trying to remember. "Must be one of the second-line defenders..."

He had another gulp of his stout ale. "Should this Panaka guy be organizing a raiding squad to kill the goblins guarding the city?" he thought. "A squad formed by mercenaries?"

He barely noticed the female elf approaching him from behind.

You spoke of Kiris Dahn, what is your business there? You know it is overun my goblins right? I wouldn't go there if I were you. But hey I am just a simple girl, you on the other hand are a fearsome warrior..
She smiles agonizing (teasing?) at you.
I have heard all crazy stories about that village which I hope are not true
"Yeah yeah," the half-orc replied as he chewed and enjoyed his juicy red meat. "Right, I've heard of the goblin siege... And I received this anonymous letter from someone crying for help..." he swallowed after chewing a bit. "Hey this meat is really good... Um, crazy stories? Like what?..."

But the woman was already playing a joyful song for the girl. No big deal; he would ask later. Or maybe the flutist could know something. "Is there any musician who is not gifted with knowledge?" Bards were always a curiosity.

After the song, the girl starts explaining something:

When the female bard arrives, Jessica explains more, "My daddy is dead.", and you can tell there is a hint of hurt and grief in her voice. She talks through it quickly as if to dull the pain by getting the sentence over with.

"I am living as Lady Treona's ward now and only came to Winterhaven to help get supplies.", Jessica gestures to a nearby window and specifically the weather outside, "But my escort, Captain Panaka, felt that the weather was too horrible for me to go so he felt that I should wait a few days until it passes. I have a room already paid for by my escort and he said he will be back to pick me up and take me back to the Tower. I am also waiting for something from Valthrun. Don't know if it is ready yet though."

"And I'm Jessica Darkwood. Well met.", Jessica says more or less out of politeness to the greeting of the male bard than out of enthusiastic getting to know people. She seems distant and a bit sad.

Upon listening the word "Treona", the half-orc opened his dark eyes in recognition and gave a surprised glance to the girl. "Treona? You work for Lady Treona?" and blinked. During his days living at Kiris Dahn the half-orc never met her personally, but her name was well known around the region. It was rumoured to be a powerful witch which used magic to protect the town. "So Lady Treona was one of the survivors..." he nodded in approval, with a smile.

After a while, the half-orc emptied the mug's content, left it in the floor, stood up, and approached the girl. "It is an honor to meet you, Jessica," the half-orc solemnly said as he bowed in respect. "My birth name is Korglar, and my war name is The Boar. You can call me both if you wish. Like yourself, I am one of the survivors of the goblin attack, and I would gladly help Captain Panaka in escorting you and meet Madam Treona in person."

Iron Penguin
2013-06-12, 03:22 PM
"I'm afraid I'm new to these parts myself," Kael tells Fangir. He is finding himself warming to the kindly, no-nonsense dwarf. "But... you tell me your troubles, and I'll tell you mine, as they say. I can't offer to buy you a beer, but I know a few good dwarven drinking songs."

onlie2005
2013-06-12, 10:34 PM
Jessica gestures to the nearby window and says, "Not now. We should never start our travels at night. Too dangerous especially in this weather. Besides I still have to wait for Valthrun to deliver the package I need."

Azktor
2013-06-12, 11:56 PM
"Oh an Ale for a song, sounds fair to me." Fangir gives him a small pat on his shoulder and invites him to sit in the table close to Jessica. He ask for two Dwarven Ale and a glass of Sylvan juice for Jessica and listens to the song the bard sings.

"Well done my Friend, it certainly lifted my spirit. I think I'm now able to tell my history." Fangir starts his phrase with a smile, but by the end he have his grumpy face back on.

And then he starts to tell his history, trying to skip the most violent parts for Jessica's sake. He starts talking about how his village was before and how happy everybody was. He talks about how his village was destroyed and how he was able to survive in those caves. He then talks about Hoturn's army and that he wishes to someday and somehow destroy them all. When Fangir finishes his history he feels a little better, as if a weight was removed from his shoulders.
"I shared my burden...so what troubles ye?"

onlie2005
2013-06-13, 12:59 AM
Jessica listens in on Fangir's story and immediately feels sympathy for the dwarf. She reaches out and touches his hand in genuine understanding and compassion. For a moment she seems a little hesitant, but finds herself telling her own story.

"It was my fault that my dad died. We were travelling along the road when we were ambushed by goblins and captured. I somehow got hit from behind and was knocked out and could not help him defend against the goblins. When I woke up I found myself in a jail cell and my dad was dying from his wounds. I tried to help him but I wasn't strong enough. I wasn't good enough. Instead he gave me the key to the cell which he palmed from one of the goblins when they weren't looking and thought he was dead and told me to run.", Jessica sniffed and began to cry silently, "So I left him there after he died. I could not do anything. I could not even bring the body. I had to escape. The goblins had taken us to Gorizbadd. So I cast my Chameleon's Mask on myself and somehow managed to sneak my way out of the town without the goblins spotting me. I don't know why the Gods chose to help me escape somehow while my dad did not. But I did."

You can tell that the story she says is true. There is no attempt to make it sound good or glorify the story. She is telling it too much like it is. And is said through emotions of genuine sadness and grief.

Azktor
2013-06-13, 07:08 AM
Fangir is surprised by what Jessica was saying, when she started to cry in the middle of her history he gets up and holds her hand to give her strength to finish her history *He uses rune of protection subtly on her.* "Yer father was a real hero, he knew his options are either: both of ye dead or just him and he choose the second option because he loved ye. Just like my parents have done, to save me. And he is dead not because ye were weak, he is dead because of the goblins..." Fangir makes a pause to let her not be overwhelmed and then says. "Would ye like to make a ceremony in honor to yer father? I'm a Runepriest and I can perform one here tomorrow in Winterhaven."

Iron Penguin
2013-06-13, 08:13 AM
"A ceremony is good. It does us good to remember the dead. But they demand more from us than just words. The gods and the dead demand something more." Kael gets to his feet. The murmur of conversation around them dies away as his voice becomes louder. "The dead of Kiris Dahn, and all those innocents slain by goblins and all their bloody-handed kind, demand more than remembrance. The memory of brave men like your father" - he indicates the young girl with a sweep of his hand - "deserves to be honoured, not with prayers and piety, but with steel; not with words alone, but with deeds. The goblins that took Kiris Dahn turned that town into a place of filth and slavery - a place where good, gods-fearing folk no longer go. If we are to truly honour the brave souls who fell in defence of Kiris Dahn, there is only one thing we can do - fight. Drive out the goblin horde and take back Kiris Dahn. Make it a place of light and hope once again. Only then will the dead of Kiris Dahn rest easy."

OOC: Just 'cause I like rolling dice, I went ahead and rolled Diplomacy to see if Kael sways the crowd in the inn (not that it matters much, so long as he gets the other PCs on his side)

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Edited to add: I'm guessing that means he does, but it's up to you, Cilvyn.

Iron Penguin
2013-06-13, 09:25 AM
An old soldier seated near the bar begins to clap. There is a scattering of applause from the other patrons. Kael realises he is standing with one foot on a chair, surveying the faces that look up at him from around the taproom. The dwarf Runepriest in particular is watching him, and the broad-shouldered half-orc who introduced himself as the Boar.

"Tomorrow, I will go forth from this place to Kiris Dahn," Kael says. The words seem to tumble out of his mouth - this happens sometimes, either inspiration from Avandra or his own tongue getting ahead of his brain. It's exhilerating and terrifying, like plunging off a precipice into darkness without knowing how far there is to fall. Ten minutes ago he didn't even know he was going to Kiris Dahn; didn't even know anything about the place, except that it was overrun with goblins. Now he is, apparently, a hero on a quest. One of these days, Avandra, he thinks, this humble servant of yours is going to get himself killed. But, until then...

"I do not expect every one among you to come with me. I ask only a few brave companions, willing to follow me into the darkness - a few strong arms, willing to raise a sword, a spear, an axe, a shield. Together, we will seek a way to drive the goblins from Kiris Dahn and end their foul reign over that blighted place."

Even Kael is surprised when someone at a corner table cheers. He sinks back into his seat. Well - if I'm lucky, I won't have to pay for my drink and lodgings tonight, or food tomorrow. And tomorrow... tomorrow, we'll see who's coming with me to Kiris Dahn. My guess is, the dwarf and the half-orc for certain. Maybe one or two others, maybe not. He drinks down the last of his wine with a wry smile. All I need now is a plan.

Azktor
2013-06-13, 10:24 AM
Fangir raise his Warhammer and says "If it is for helping Lady Jessica and killing goblins, I shall lend my Warhammer and my Runic powers for this quest!" Fangir is thrilled for some action and the possibility of getting stronger, richer and doing a good thing for a young one in the process is also really good.

He sits close to Kael and Jessica and says "Nice speech my friend, but ye still didn't say what troubles ye. And what ye have to win going to Kiris Dahn? Besides the good tale that yer going to be able to make out of it." Fangir gives a friendly laugh, not sure if it was because of the Ale or the good company, but he feels better than he was the whole last month.

Wdwune
2013-06-13, 11:56 AM
The Boar listened the dwarf's story. "I see," he thinks. "A noble dwarven community being razed by orcs, and one of the survivors grows with a hatred against orcs or anyhing resembling them... Good luck I'm not wielding an orcish two-handed axe with skulls on the pommel..."

Then he paid attention to Jessica's tragic story, again submerged in his thoughts: "She's just like me, but she had to overcome his father's death in front of her eyes and escaped using her own means... You're a brave girl, Jessica. It's a miracle you're here with us."

Then the dwarven warrior spoke:

"Yer father was a real hero, he knew his options are either: both of ye dead or just him and he choose the second option because he loved ye. Just like my parents have done, to save me. And he is dead not because ye were weak, he is dead because of the goblins..."
The Boar nodded in approval. "Well said, dwarf," he thought.

"Would ye like to make a ceremony in honor to yer father? I'm a Runepriest and I can perform one here tomorrow in Winterhaven."
"That's quite a surprise," he thought. "Not just an armored warrior, but a priest too..."

Then a voice interrupts his thoughts:

"The dead of Kiris Dahn, and all those innocents slain by goblins and all their bloody-handed kind, demand more than remembrance. The memory of brave men like your father" - he indicates the young girl with a sweep of his hand - "deserves to be honoured, not with prayers and piety, but with steel; not with words alone, but with deeds. The goblins that took Kiris Dahn turned that town into a place of filth and slavery - a place where good, gods-fearing folk no longer go. If we are to truly honour the brave souls who fell in defence of Kiris Dahn, there is only one thing we can do - fight. Drive out the goblin horde and take back Kiris Dahn. Make it a place of light and hope once again. Only then will the dead of Kiris Dahn rest easy."

"Tomorrow, I will go forth from this place to Kiris Dahn," Kael says. The words seem to tumble out of his mouth - this happens sometimes, either inspiration from Avandra or his own tongue getting ahead of his brain. It's exhilerating and terrifying, like plunging off a precipice into darkness without knowing how far there is to fall. Ten minutes ago he didn't even know he was going to Kiris Dahn; didn't even know anything about the place, except that it was overrun with goblins. Now he is, apparently, a hero on a quest. One of these days, Avandra, he thinks, this humble servant of yours is going to get himself killed. But, until then...

"I do not expect every one among you to come with me. I ask only a few brave companions, willing to follow me into the darkness - a few strong arms, willing to raise a sword, a spear, an axe, a shield. Together, we will seek a way to drive the goblins from Kiris Dahn and end their foul reign over that blighted place."

The Boar smiled in approval. "Heh, those are brave words, musician," he thinks. "I was hoping raiding the town by myself, but this is even better."

"Right, pal," the half-orc replies to the flutist of the strange dog, without moving away from Jessica's side. "If you need an extra sword, I will gladly follow you."

He turns to Jessica: "And if you need, I can help you avenge your father. That musician just offered us the perfect chance, and tomorrow will be that day. What do you say?"

Azktor
2013-06-13, 01:14 PM
"Right, pal," the half-orc replies to the flutist of the strange dog, without moving away from Jessica's side. "If you need an extra sword, I will gladly follow you."

He turns to Jessica: "And if you need, I can help you avenge your father. That musician just offered us the perfect chance, and tomorrow will be that day. What do you say?"
Fangir listen to the half-orc talking with his usual grumpy face "That's odd he looks like an Orc, he drinks like a dwarf, he talks like a human and seen to be worried about Jessica as well...Well that changes nothing he still a damn orc, so I'm going to keep one eye on him..."

Cilvyn
2013-06-13, 02:03 PM
It is getting late and some of the guests are leaving for their homes. As you guys have fun and talk about the great deed you will do tomorrow, Captain Penaka enters the Inn. Lady Wrafton sees you all sitting/standing by the fire.

Fine gentlemen, I am clolsing the inn in abouthalf an hour. Do you want to rent a room for tonight? Otherwise I have to throw you out when I lock the place down.

Looking at her, you are not sure if she is kidding or serious.

Lynn girl, It is time for you to go home. You have done enough this evening. As for the young lady, I got your room prepared for you.

Penaka walks towards you.

Miss Jessica, everything alright? He looks the red eyes due to her crying first and then to you standing/sitting around her.
Are these men bothering you Jess? What in heavens name is going on? You people make this little girl cry in the middle of an inn? Tell me what's going on before I draw my sword and make you.

onlie2005
2013-06-13, 03:34 PM
No no. It's okay Captain Panaka. They were being kind to me and I told them about what happened to me at Gorizbadd. They mean me no harm.", Jessica gestures to Panaka, "This is Captain Panaka. My escort to Winterhaven and back to Lady Treona's Tower."

After a few seconds of gathering herself, Jessica adds to the rest of the group, "If you guys want to go to Kiris Dahn and kill some goblins, which I don't think is a very good idea due to their sheer numbers in that town, I suggest you head to Lady Treona's Tower first. There is an important task that is needed to be done right away in that town that may require more stealth than combat. And Lady Treona needs adventurers for hire. Captain Panaka. I believe that these people can help us. I trust them and I am sure that they can get the Slaying Stone."

Wdwune
2013-06-13, 04:11 PM
No no. It's okay Captain Panaka. They were being kind to me and I told them about what happened to me at Gorizbadd. They mean me no harm.", Jessica gestures to Panaka, "This is Captain Panaka. My escort to Winterhaven and back to Lady Treona's Tower."

The Boar bowed to the newcomer soldier. "Greetings, Captain," the half-orc says. "I'm Korglar The Boar, son and disciple of Johar The Brave. We've learned of you from Lady Jessica here."

After a few seconds of gathering herself, Jessica adds to the rest of the group, "If you guys want to go to Kiris Dahn and kill some goblins, which I don't think is a very good idea due to their sheer numbers in that town, I suggest you head to Lady Treona's Tower first. There is an important task that is needed to be done right away in that town that may require more stealth than combat. And Lady Treona needs adventurers for hire. Captain Panaka. I believe that these people can help us. I trust them and I am sure that they can get the Slaying Stone."

"This girl speaks and acts like a woman," the half-orc thinks. "I'm starting to guess this girl is far more than a simple frightened child... Slaying stone, slaying stone... I wonder what could that be..."

Then he speaks. "Alright then. Count me in. I confess I'm not the stealhy type of adventurer, but I can do my best."

OOC:
I just realized that even if The Boar is just a fighter, he has a Dex score of 18 and wears light armor. He has a total of +3 on his Stealth checks. Not bad for a fighter who's not trained in Stealth! :smalltongue:

Azktor
2013-06-13, 05:36 PM
Fine gentlemen, I am closing the inn in abouthalf an hour. Do you want to rent a room for tonight? Otherwise I have to throw you out when I lock the place down."I will have a room for tonight."

Just to keep track, so far Fangir spent:
4x Dwarven ale - 28 cp
1x Sylvan juice - 3 cp
1x Platter of beef haunch, spiced potatoes and loaf of bread - 2 sp
1x night on Inn - ? sp

"Nice to meet ye noble Captain Panaka." Fangir give him a strong, but not hurtful, handshake. "My name is Fangir Runecutter, son of Tengar Ironfist the last leader of Barmalk before it fall."

"I would like very much to meet Lady Treona and help in this honorable quest! I never heard of Slaying Stone, but we could probably talk about that during our travel to Treona's tower tomorrow." Fangir is now tired and seems to be ready to go sleep and he also don't want that everybody in the Inn to heard what the girl has to say about some misterious (maybe expensive) stones.

Then he speaks. "Alright then. Count me in. I confess I'm not the stealhy type of adventurer, but I can do my best."
Fangir makes a visible ugly face to all around him when he listen from Korglar that he was also going, but says nothing. "Jessica said she trust him I just hope she is right. But If he make one move in the wrong direction I will be ready..."

Iron Penguin
2013-06-14, 06:36 AM
"Captain." Kael makes an elegant bow to Panaka. "My name is Kael - and let me assure you, the last thing any of us wants is to upset your young ward. She has endured enough, from what she's told us, and we aim to aid her, if we can. If this... Slaying Stone can help us to drive the goblins out of Kiris Dahn, then we'll happily fall in with you.
"Gentlemen; lady." Here he makes another bow, taking in the company gathered around - the young girl Jessica, her protector the captain, the dwarf Fangir and the half-orc called the Boar. "I suggest we discuss our plans on the morrow, once we're on the road."

Fine gentlemen, I am clolsing the inn in abouthalf an hour. Do you want to rent a room for tonight? Otherwise I have to throw you out when I lock the place down.

"Then I shall take a room for the night in your fine establishment."

I'm assuming a night at the inn costs 5 sp (see PHB p222), leaving Kael with 3 1/2 gp

Cilvyn
2013-06-14, 03:06 PM
You can all rent a room at Wrafton's Inn. You can rent a room for 5sp or a luxe room for double that cost.

You all sleep very wel and in the morning before breakfast time you all wake up by Lynn, who knocks on your door.

Picture of Lynn
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs6/i/2005/069/7/6/quick_sketch_of_a_bar_maid_by_talaith.jpg

Hum, good morning sir. It is morming and we are serving breakfast soon.

If she does not get a response she will open the door and look around it to see if you are awake, only to hide if she sees you are looking at her.

if you get downstairs it is empty in the inn besides the guests staying there.
There is a table with bread, meat and salad and cans with milk. you can take a plate and take whatever you like. Fresh cheese is also available and Miss Wrafton tells you that you can pack something for the journey.

OOC: If you wanted to do anything before going to bed, you can still dothis if you want.!!

Wdwune
2013-06-14, 03:56 PM
"Yeah," The Boar replies, half asleep. "I'll be there in a minute."

He gets up, get dressed, dons his armor, verifies the sharpness of his sword's edge and the tension of the cord of his bow. Once ready he gets his gear, rushes downstairs, sits by the table. "Good morning everyone," he says, and starts eating, but never forgetting to save some food for the trip.

Iron Penguin
2013-06-14, 06:21 PM
Kael gets up, dresses, and splashes his face in the water brought by the serving-maid. Ama stirs sleepily under the bed, where he lies curled with his tail wrapped around himself.

"Wake up, lazy-bones," Kael tells him, nudging him with the toe of his boot. The blink dog raises his head and looks up at his master blearily. "You and me both, boy." Kael smiles, and Ama follows him down into the common room, both of them led by the enticing smells of breakfast.

Kael nods good morning to the Boar, who appears to have brought his sword and bow to breakfast. A soldier, then, Kael notes, remembering the soldiers he's known, the unspoken rules that kind of life teaches you. Always keep your gear close, always know where your weapon is, eat whenever you can get food and stow as much as you can for later... Kael enjoys his breakfast, slipping pieces of meat to Ama under the table, and takes as much of the food as he can fit into his pack. It seems we must all think like soldiers now...

Azktor
2013-06-14, 06:57 PM
Fangir is already awake in the last half hour. Since he survived one month in those caves he was not able to sleep very well, usually sleeping just one or two hours in a row, he was always feeling like he was in a cave full of orcs and goblins ready to kill him .
And also the nightmares, always the same, desperate cries from childrens, his friends and family screaming for help and he could do nothing.
"I will go down right now." Fangir was already ready to get out of the room, was wearing his armor and everything was packed.

He finds Kael and gives to him a friendly smile "Good morning! I hope ye slept well." and give a serious nod with the head to Korglar and says nothing. He then begins to eat as if he had never eaten before, while he waits for Jessica and Captain Panaka.

onlie2005
2013-06-14, 07:42 PM
Jessica tells Captain Panaka that she has yet to receive the package from Valthrun yet before she finishes eating and goes to bed. After a good cry and having had emotional support from strangers, she is able to sleep better.

So in the morning she is well rested and ready to go when Lynn wakes her up. The girl washes up and takes her time, there was no reason to rush. She still had to get the package from Valthrun if it was ready. After she heads downstairs she found the table with all the food and sat down, nodding and smiling silently at the ones before her in greeting. The girl pulls out a leather bound book from her backpack and begins reading it while she eats some cheeses and bread. The book is a little too big to be a children's book even though it has an engraving of a teddy bear on it and for that matter has too many pages.

Cilvyn
2013-06-18, 06:18 AM
While you are eating your Breakfast a young buy in a purple robe enters the inn. In his hand he holds a wooded box. He looks like he ran 100 miles and he pants for breath.

Miss Jessica?.....Miss... I got something for you... He swallows while looking from the one to the other. He looks scared like he has seen a ghost.

Captain Mister.... we are under attack.. goblins attack o the road... I got this box from old Valtrhun for Miss Jessica. Please help... the goblin on the road.

The boy hands the box to Jessica.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs11/PRE/i/2006/203/6/1/studded_wooden_box____by_chop_stock.jpg

Iron Penguin
2013-06-18, 10:38 AM
Kael hunkers down, bringing him to a rough eye-level with the boy.

"Slowly now - deep breaths, lad." He speaks calmly and looks into the boy's eyes. "My name is Kael - I'm a friend of Jessica and the Captain. Now - tell me what's happened."

Wdwune
2013-06-18, 11:06 AM
When the boy starts to speak, The Boar has his mouth full of food, so he instead just greets him with a brief hand gesture. However he stands up to offer his seat to the newcomer, so he boy of the box can be closer to Jessica.

Then Kael speaks, The Boar nods in approval, and listens as he finishes his breakfast.

Azktor
2013-06-18, 01:06 PM
"A good meal followed by killing some goblins, today must be my luck day!" Fangir continues to eat, but keeps an ear on Kael conversation with the boy.

onlie2005
2013-06-18, 08:24 PM
Jessica is about to look in the box when she hears the boy speak of goblins attacking. She takes a quick peak inside before putting the box in her backpack and finishing eating.

"Where exactly is this goblin attack? Are there anyone hurt?

Cilvyn
2013-06-21, 03:39 PM
Oh, good sirs.... I.. I was riding with a carriage over the mani road with this box I was sopposed to bring to miss Jessica here.. Then Goblins attacked. They were everywhere... Some soldiers were with me but they all got killed by the goblins. The horses panicked and the carriage fall on it's side. I managed to crawl away and get to one of the horses and escaped. I don;t know what happened to the others. I fear they are dead. We have to go back and see if we can help.

he starts to cry, it is alot forsuch a young boy to go though all that.

Please... You are all strong warriors, please help me. My dad is one of the soldiers.. It is all my fault, I could not find him in all the chaos..We.. we have to go back.

Iron Penguin
2013-06-21, 04:05 PM
Please... You are all strong warriors, please help me. My dad is one of the soldiers.. It is all my fault, I could not find him in all the chaos..We.. we have to go back.

"Whatever happens, lad, it's none of your fault." Kael speaks softly, one hand on the boy's shoulder. Ama nuzzles the young lad sympathetically. Then Kael stands, and his eyes meet first Fangir's, then the Boar's. "If we can aid this boy's father in any way, I say we will - I don't think we have any choice in this matter. My blade, my bow, and my song stand ready - what do you say? Are you with me?"

Azktor
2013-06-21, 06:27 PM
Fangir looks back to Kael and the boy with a confident smile in his face and then says "Ye can count me in, I would never pass an opportunity to kill goblins! And we are going to save yer father."

onlie2005
2013-06-21, 07:31 PM
Jessica's heart goes out to the boy. Memories of what happened to her and her father started forming and she started to show a new emotion. Rage. The girl knew what the boy was going through. And she did not want to see it happen to him like it happened to her family.

Slinging her backpack on her back she said determinedly,"Let's go right now. The sooner we get to the carriage, the better our chances of saving people from the goblins. How long ago was this?Did you inform the guard?"

Wdwune
2013-06-22, 11:26 AM
"Goblins," The Boar thinks. "I never thought the chance would come that soon."

He equips his weapons, readies his gear and walks towards the group.

"My sword is ready, so let's go," he replies to Kael. "We'll probably need to interogate one of these goblins about the town's defenses."

Cilvyn
2013-06-22, 05:00 PM
Thank you!! Thank you! I know the way, follow me! Thank you!!

onlie2005
2013-06-23, 12:20 AM
Jessica moves as the party moves. While most children are overexcited and enthusiastic, Jessica, while determined, is more cautious and safe. She will stay in the middle and stay close to the boy, urging him to stay in the middle of party , right next to her, and give directions as to where the carriage is. This is automatic for her, largely due to her father's training. Having been on the losing perspective of an ambush also causes her to act this way. Sometimes personal experience, especially traumatic ones was the best teacher.

Iron Penguin
2013-06-23, 04:28 PM
"Lead on then, lad," Kael tells the boy. As the party sets out, he strings his bow and nocks an arrow.

Kael takes up a rearguard position, staying close to Jessica and the boy, watching for threats. Ama, seeming to sense the change in mood, trots along in front of his master, head up, ready to alert Kael if he catches the scent of goblins.

Wdwune
2013-06-23, 09:39 PM
The Boar takes a vanguard position, since he was a soldier trained to protect the team. His bow on his back, and his sword sheathed, but always ready to quickdraw and charge.

Azktor
2013-06-24, 07:06 AM
Fangir quickly goes to the vanguard of the group, he could not live with himself knowing that the orc was there and he was not. He readies his warhammer and shield. He then turn to the Boar and says his first words directly to him, with a serious voice "I hope ye are ready Orc!" and turns to look for any trouble down the road, while thinking "If you don't..."

Wdwune
2013-06-24, 09:49 AM
"I was born ready, Dwarf!" he replied with a grin, showing his fangs. "When we see those goblins we'll see if your hammer hits them harder than my blade cuts them deeper!"

Azktor
2013-06-24, 11:37 AM
Fangir was caught off guard by this answer, he expected the orc to be angry and reply a few insults, but he seemed to be confident and was almost like a challenge "We will see..."

Cilvyn
2013-06-25, 04:24 AM
When you walk outside the town over the main road, after a few minutes you hear the terrifying screams and battle cries of what must be, goblins.
When you follow the road and come around the curve in the road, you see it.

A wagon turned on its side with a few goblins standing around it. One of them looks like a shamanic leader. he has feathers on his head and he holds a staff. The others wield wooden spears and just one is holding a sort of improvised crossbow. One horse is impaled with a spear and lies dead on the ground. On the ground lie several bodies, but one brave soldier still stands his ground defending the carriage with his sword drawn. One arrow sticks out of his sholder and he looks exhausted and to the point of falling uncontious.

Daddy, NOO!!

The boy grabs a small dagger from under his robes and with a loud roar he starts to run towards the goblins.

((OOC: We can use the map from Azktor. Can you adjust the map to the situation? That would be great. You are standing about 50 feet away from the goblins. There is no real terrain features. Besides the hedge on the side of the road and the fallen carriage. I like the idea of a bridge. make something of it ;) ))

Wdwune
2013-06-27, 12:05 PM
The Boar rushes towards the enemy forces, drawing his sword quickly and slashing his opponent in a deadly arc.

"Come," he mumbles.

OOC:

Standard action: Charge (8 squares instead of 6 because I'm half-orc), finishing my move at H10, quickdrawing and using a Basic melee attack.
· Charge attack (goblin at G10): [roll0] (this does not includes the +2 combat advantage bonus, so it would be a 19 instead of a 17 if I have CA)
· Hit: [roll1] damage and mark the goblin until the end of my next turn.
· Miss: No damage, but the goblin is still marked until the end of my next turn.

EDIT: Action corrected! My mistake. :smalltongue:

onlie2005
2013-06-27, 06:25 PM
"No stop!", Jessica yells after the boy.

Seeing the half orc fighter attack one of the goblins Jessica shows another side of her that might be cause for concern for most adults. She had originally said that she cast a spell, or something that sounded like a Cantrip. But there was more to this little girl than illusions. Pointing her wand and concentrating hard, she unleashes a bolt of lightning from it that swerves and moves around her friends with ease without doing them any harm. It does move towards the goblins though.

Standard Action: Cast Arc Lightning on Spear Goblins II and III. INT vs REF. If critical hit does full 11 points of damage.

Arc Lightning on Spear Goblin II:

[roll0]

Arc Lightning on Spear Goblin III:

[roll1]

Damage if Hit:

[roll2]

Iron Penguin
2013-06-28, 03:04 AM
"Ama!" With an almost telepathic understanding, Kael's companion bounds away, racing past the boy and positioning himself between him and the battle. Kael moves with him, standing beside the dog with his bow drawn and ready. Looking over his shoulder, he gives the boy a quick smile. "Don't worry - we'll take care of your father."

Move Action: Ama moves to L8 and Kael to L9

Well, someone had to stop the kid turning himself into a goblin's kebab! :smallsmile:

Azktor
2013-06-28, 12:15 PM
Fangir places himself in a defensive position between the boy and the boy's father saying "Back off now, I can heal ye!"

Move Action: Fangir moves 5 squares, ending on K,8.

Cilvyn
2013-06-30, 05:24 AM
When Jessica yells stop, the boy slows down and looks back. He sees Jessica fireing an arc of lightning at the goblins threatening his father. The first goblin barely manages to dodge the lightning, but his fellow goblin (number 3) gets hit by a spart in his foot. He screams and turns towards his comrad in anger, looking who pulled this joke on him.

Before he can do anything a big half-orc Rushes foreward and knocks the goblin so hard he falls on the ground and then gets cleaved right in the middle by the Boar's mighty greatsword.

The goblins scream and turn to the Boar now.

Yechlek, Crugszz jaggo merght!!

If you speak goblin

Translated to common it measn this: Goblins! kill the orc man!!

The goblin sharpshooter aims his bow at the boar now.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Jaggo, Jaggo!!! the Hexer goblin yells.

Even if you don't speak goblin, you suspect it means something like, kill them, kill them!

((OOC: the boar's turn again !))

Wdwune
2013-06-30, 11:12 AM
The Boar instinctively dodges a bolt and then moves around the other spear goblin, withdrawing his sword, and finally quickdrawing and making two fast cuts in a row, as if clearing his way towards the sharpshooter.

"Do it again," he says to the sharpshooter in the Common tongue. "If you dare."

OOC:

Move action: Move through H11, H12, G13, F13, and finishing at E12
Standard action: Passing attack
· Quickdraw and attack spear goblin at F11: [roll0] vs AC
· Hit: [roll1] damage and mark goblin until the end of my next turn, and I shift 1 and make a secondary attack (see below*)
· Miss: Mark goblin until the end of my next turn

*Secondary attack (only if I hit):
Shift to D11 and make a secondary attack
· Attack hexed goblin at D10: [roll2] vs AC (Critical hit!)
· Hit: [roll3] [14] damage and mark goblin until the end of my next turn
· Miss: Mark goblin until the end of my next turn

NOTE: I want to spare the hexed goblin's life (leaving it unconsciuous instead of dead). No mercy for the others. :smalltongue:

onlie2005
2013-06-30, 09:26 PM
Jessica is pissed now. If there was one thing that frustrated her more is that her spells being off at the most inopportune times, especially if it is being used to save another life. Concentrating harder she once again unleashes lightning on two of the goblins still alive.

OOC:

Standard Action: Cast Arc Lightning. INT vs REF. If critical hit does 11 points maximum damage.

Arc Lightning on Spear Goblin II:[roll0]
Arc Lightning on Sharpshooter Goblin:[roll1]
Damage if hit:[roll2]

onlie2005
2013-06-30, 09:29 PM
OOC: Oh forgot to do reroll since Arc Lightning is an evocation spell and Jessica is an evocation specialist she always rerolls 1s for damage when using them.

Damage if Hit(reroll): [roll0]

Wdwune
2013-06-30, 11:34 PM
While focused on the goblin sharpshooter, The Boar noticed a bolt of lightning striking two of the remaining goblins with blazing speed. He suspected Lady Jessica (or perhaps the bard or the dwarven priest) could have something to do with it, but there would be a later time to confirm his guess...

OOC:
That was just some flavor text. :smallsmile:

Cilvyn
2013-07-01, 03:34 PM
The lightning arc jessica shoots at the goblins, this time hits it target directly in the chest and arcing to the other goblin. The goblins shake from the electricity passing through their bodies and then fall dead on the ground.

The hexer screams when the boar slices him with his sword and takes a step back. (shifts 1 square east) then mumbels some weird words and you feel a stingin pain in your body telling you to remain on your place. You can move but something inside you tell you not to.
(he put a curse on you save ends)

Cilvyn
2013-07-01, 03:36 PM
Forgot to put rolls in the last post:

[roll0]

Iron Penguin
2013-07-02, 08:56 AM
Cautiously, Kael moves a little closer to the wrecked carriage. He spies one the goblins peering from behind the carriage, and calls to Ama. The dog obediently bounds off, rounding the wreckage and growling at the startled sniper.

Kael himself fixes the hexer with a stare, and sings an uncanny note, a single word in some strange language. The hexer looks up at him, and Kael wills him to stumble.

OOC:
Move action: Kael moves directly to H10, and Ama moves to K7, then to F7 (if corpses count as difficult terrain. If not, he moves to F7 then E8, to offer potential flanking on the sharpshooter)

Standard action: Kael uses Blunder on the hexer.
Roll (vs Will): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Additional effect if he hits: The hexer is pulled to D10, and the Boar gets a free melee basic with a +4 atk bonus against the hexer. The hexer also has -2 penalty to attacks against Kael until the end of Kael's next turn.

Azktor
2013-07-02, 02:40 PM
"Yer little bastards!" Fangir run towards the closest goblin. He then stop for a second and concentrate into healing the boy's Father and while doing that some yellow runic words appear around Fangir and around the boy's Father. And then Fangir attacks goblin with the crossbow on its hand without holding back. While Fangir is attacking a bright white runic symbol appears on his hammer.

Move action: Fangir moves 5 squares, ending on F,8.

Minor action: Fangir uses Rune of Mending on the boy's Father, with rune of Destruction.
Effect (1): The boy's Father can spend a healing surge.
Effect (2): Everyone within 5 radius (close burst 5) will get +2 on damage rolls until the end of my next turn. Buffed: Kael, Ama, The Boar, Fangir and the boy's Father.

Standard action: Fangir uses Word of Diminishment, with rune of Destruction, on the sharpshooter goblin.
Attack roll: 1d20+6 - next post, forget one L. :smallannoyed: (result: 19)
Damage roll: [roll0]
Effect (1): Until the end of my next turn, the target has vulnerable 2 to all damage, but vulnerable 5 against opportunity attacks.

Rune of Destruction Effect: Allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to you. So right now Ama is getting the bonus.

Azktor
2013-07-02, 02:41 PM
Attack roll on Word of Diminishment: [roll0]
I forgot one L, sorry.

Wdwune
2013-07-02, 02:46 PM
The Boar just grinds his teeth upon sensing the Hexer's menacing energy surounding him. "I could butcher you right now, buddy," he thinks as he keeps glaring at the goblin, "but at least I'm keeping you busy."

He hears the bard's song and notices the Hexer's being momentarily distracted, and then he feels something that empowers his arm, and small runes marking its sword. "What the-" he thinks. "Must be some sort of the Dwarf's priestly work..."

OOC:
Sweet! +2 damage bonus. :smallbiggrin:

Cilvyn
2013-07-04, 08:12 AM
The goblin shooter walks 6 squares west ( you can make s oppertunity attack if you like)

Then he aims his crossbow on Jessica (you get a +2 cover from the captain)
[roll0]
If hit [roll1]

Iron Penguin
2013-07-04, 08:49 AM
Kael sees the goblin move. You're not getting away that easily. He shouts a command, and as the goblin steps away, Ama pounces, his teeth glittering in the morning sunlight, blue-white light crackling over his golden fur.

OOC:
Kael takes an oppotunity action to command Ama to attack the sharpshooter. Ama uses his Blinking Bite basic attack (with +1 atk from Fangir's Rune of Destruction, +2 to damage, and the goblin has vulnerable 5 to all damage)
Attack vs. AC: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (including vulnerable 5)

If Ama hits, he gets to teleport 2 squares, so he teleports to C9, forcing the sharpshooter to go around him if he wants to continue moving.
ETA:
The sharpshooter evades Ama's leap and the dog slinks back to his previous position, the bluish glow fading. Kael mutters an elven curse.

Azktor
2013-07-04, 09:42 AM
Fangir follow the dog's attack with an attack of his own and says "Come back here!"

Attack roll vs AC: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]+5 from vulnerability, so total 20

Wdwune
2013-07-04, 09:55 AM
Even among the itchy feeling of the hexer's curse (and the fact that the sharpshooter's running away), The Boar steps aside, changes the grip, and attacks the hexer, with a slash so fast that's almost impossible to dodge. The fury of his ancestral orc blood pulses through his half-blood veins...

... And the goblin's curse still hovering around him.

OOC:

In my turn...

Move Action: Shift to D10 (I'm shifting, not moving) :smalltongue:

Standard action: Reaping Strike on hexer goblin: [roll0] vs AC
· Hit: [roll1] damage (including Fangir's +2 bonus) and mark the goblin until the end of my next turn. Also, I'll use my Furious Assault racial power if I hit. (22 total damage)
·Miss: [6] damage (including the +2 bonus) and the hexer is marked until the end of my next turn.

Free action (only if I hit): Furious Assault: +[roll2] damage. If I miss, the power is not expent.

Save vs Curse: [roll3]

Note: I might spend an Action Point if the hexer's not conscious anymore.

onlie2005
2013-07-04, 01:19 PM
Jessica cannot help but scream in pain as the crossbow bolt hits her deeply into her shoulder and close to her heart and lungs. But unlike most little girls, this little girl is tougher than she looks. Instead of breaking down into tears, she bites back her pain and instinctively lashes out with her wand, unleashing another bolt of lightning in the direction of the goblins.

Standard Action:Cast Arc Lightning on Hexer and Sharpshooter. INT vs REF. 11 max damage on critical hits(natural roll of 20)

Arc Lightning on Hexer:[roll0]
Arc Lightning on Sharpshooter:[roll1]
Damage if Hit:[roll2]
Reroll Damage Roll if previous damage roll is a 1:[roll3]

onlie2005
2013-07-04, 01:21 PM
OOC: I would like to apply Heroic Effort on attack roll on Hexer making the attack 16 total.

Cilvyn
2013-07-04, 02:03 PM
The Hexer goblin laughs like a maniak. And you see his hand make a crusing animation. Then he walks away from the big half-orc and barks in broken common: Kom at meh!! You not get scroll!

Then he turned to the little girl.
Ghh Huamn girl, gaha!! You not have power!!
He points his wand at a small doll he holds in his hand and smashes the wand on the head of the doll.

The hexer looks injured now (bloodied) from the atack from jessica and the attacks he suffers this fight. The shooter goblin looks very scared and looks like he would run away any second.

Damage on the boar for moving although he should have known better [roll0]

Attack on jessica [roll1]
[roll2] and you are blinded (save ends)

Wdwune
2013-07-04, 02:48 PM
At the moment he moved, The Boar felt the ill effects of the curse the goblin spellcaster cast on him. "Damn!"

Even so, the goblin turned his attention to Lady Jessica and cast a foul curse on her. The Boar was upset.

"How dare you!" he shouted. "She's just a little girl! Your opponent is ME!!"

So, The Boar quickly changed his stance and instinctly reacted to his opponent lowering his guard, quick-drawing his sword on a fast slash that made the goblin lose his balance and fall to the ground.

OOC:

Opportunity Action: Combat Agility: I wait for the enemy to finish its action, then attack the Hexer:

· Attack: [roll0] vs AC
· Hit: [roll1] damage, mark the Hexer and knock it prone.
· Miss: Mark the Hexer until the end of my next turn.

Note: Combat Agility also includes the option of shifting 4 squares in The Boar's case, but I decided not to move (unless the goblin moves away from The Boar, which is not the case).

EDIT: What I mean is this: If the goblin moves away, my Opportunity Action is triggered by the move, and if not, by the attack. Either way, the goblin will be attacked anyways. :smalltongue:

Iron Penguin
2013-07-04, 03:07 PM
Seeing the goblin's leering grin as he wreaks his terrible magic on a little girl raises a bloody rage inside Kael. Memories of goblin overseers stir in his mind - overseers beating their slaves, inflicting pain on them with whips and fists and clubs and foul magics.

He takes a few quick steps, standing over the prone form of the hexer, and his eyes blaze with arcane light. He spits a curse in the goblin tongue and the creature writhes in pain.

Move action: Kael moves to H10 (flanking the hexer)
Standard action: Kael uses Eyebite on the hexer
Atk vs Will: [roll0] (including +2 for flanking and +2 from Fangir's buff Edit: As Azktor pointed out, this is wrong, so Kael's attack roll was in fact 22. Which still hits I think, unless the hexer has unfeasibly high AC)
Hit: [roll1]+2=11 damage (thanks for pointing that out, Azktor), and Kael is invisible to the hexer until the start of Kael's next turn (plus, the hexer is at -2 atk against Kael until the end of Kael's next turn)

The attack provokes an OA from the hexer before Kael becomes invisible to him (at -2 for being prone)

Azktor
2013-07-04, 04:42 PM
Fangir concentrates for a second and his weapon become bright one more time, he releases his healing power on the Boar "He is fighting a good fight against thoses wicked creatures, I wonder if he is really reliable..." then The Boar's armor start to get bright as well, recovering his strength. He then charges toward the goblin sharpshooter. "Ye are not going to flee!"

Move action: Fangir moves 4 squares, ending on D,9.

Standard action: Fangir chargers toward the goblin sharpshooter ending on B,9 making then a basic attack.
Attack vs AC: 1d20+7
Damage: 1d20+8 (already included all bonus/goblin vulnerability)

Screwed the rolls again... I did used [1d20+x] the first time, tryed to edit, but the forum do no permit. Besides I used 1d20 instead of 1d10 on damage roll :smallannoyed: Will get more careful to that...

Minor action: Fangir uses Rune of Mending on the boar.
Effect (1): The Boar can spend a Healing surge to heal HP.
Effect (2): Fangir, Ama, The boy's Father, the Boar and Kael get +2 bonus to Damage rolls until the end of Fangir's next turn.

Azktor
2013-07-04, 04:46 PM
My rolls screwed again, sorry.
Attack vs AC: [roll0]

Wdwune
2013-07-04, 05:02 PM
As The Boar was still upset for the cowardly actions of his opponent, he was relieved when the bard stepped in to help him flank the goblin warlock. The other goblin, however, was about to get away. "Probably with valuable information about our combat tactics. This is bad..."

Then he sensed the dwarf rushing towards the goblin sharpshooter, as some runes started to glow on the half-orc's armor which also helped to recover from the damage suffered by the goblin's spell. "Heh, good thing he's keeping that marksman busy until we finish this warlock off. And these runes are really useful," the half-orc thought as he smiled in approval. "Well done, Dwarf."

Cilvyn
2013-07-05, 12:24 PM
In a flash of light and a loud scream the goblin falls slain on the floor.

The hexer shows a first sign of fear.

How you kill goblins, weak human!!! No kill me!! Yarg-Kazh give you! No kill Yarg!

The hexer let the doll with which he hexed Jessica, fall on the fround and drops his wand. showing his empty hands.

he is clearly surrendering.

Wdwune
2013-07-05, 02:03 PM
After Fangir finishes the sharpshooter off and the hexer goblin surrenders, The Boar kicks the wand out of the goblin's reach, swings his sword aside to clean it and withdraws it, but keeping his right hand close to the pommel, never lowering his guard. "I could draw my weapon again if this warlock tries something..."

"You move, I cut," The Boar speaks slowly in Common, hoping the goblin would understand the message.

OOC:

I think now's time for Kael to interogate the hexer, since the Bard speaks goblin. If Kael uses Intimidate, The Boar could help. :smalltongue:

Perhaps we should tie our new prisoner?

... And of course, Fangir could check Jessica's wounds.

Iron Penguin
2013-07-06, 05:23 AM
Seeing the last vestiges of the hexer's curse hanging around the Boar, Kael beckons Fangir over. He fishes a length of rope from his travelling pack and hands it to the dwarf.

"Can you secure our prisoner while I check to see if Jessica is badly hurt?"

He leans in close to the goblin, eye to eye. The hexer blinks and squints at him, as though a residue of Kael's curse still fogs his mind, making it difficult for him to focus on the half-elf's face. Kael says something in the goblin tongue - something aggressive and menacing, full of guttural sounds. He points to Fangir and the Boar and makes a crushing gesture with one fist. At the goblin's feet, Ama gives a warning growl, his lips curled back to reveal his teeth.

For speakers of Goblin:
Kael says: You've seen what happens when you try to fight us. Give us any trouble - and I mean any trouble - and I swear to you by all the gods, my friends here will happily break both your legs one bone at a time.
Kael walks over to Jessica. She's a tough girl, to even still be standing up after what that little green maggot did to her. And powerful - I've seen mages conjure bolts of lightning before, but never one as young as her.

"Come," he says to her and the captain. "We'll rest here for a time. Between my magics and his -" he indicates Fangir - "you'll soon feel as right as rain."

OOC:
@Cilvyn: Do I need to roll intimidate for this, or is the hexer intimidated enough to let himself be tied up without struggling?

Azktor
2013-07-06, 01:53 PM
"Of course good friend, if necessary I can heal her." Fangir grab the rope and tie the remaining goblin really tight. He then turn to the half-orc making a visual inpection to see if he got any other injury and then nodding in aproval to him. "He is lethal with his blade, I hope he never turn against the rest of us, expecially Lady Jessica...But my guts are starting to say that he can be trusted."

Just in case I will roll for the tie strength (1d20 + strength modifier)
Roll: [roll0]
Edit: Can I use 10 (10+4) instead? :smallbiggrin:

onlie2005
2013-07-06, 08:00 PM
Jessica manages to shake off her blindness as she rubs her eyes and shakes her head. She is a little flustered but still fine. The girl is wounded though pretty badly even though she puts up a brave face and collects herself.

"What did you mean about the scroll? What scroll are you talking about?, she asks the Hexer.

Save Against Blindness:
[roll0]

onlie2005
2013-07-06, 08:09 PM
OOC: Intimidate check here because I did not want to do it in the previous post because I posted my save first before the description of Jessica's actions.

Intimidate:
[roll0]

Cilvyn
2013-07-07, 06:10 AM
Yarg-Kaz looks defeated. When he is tied up he sais the following in broken common.
I have scroll of town with treasure. You can have. No kill Yarg, Yarg can help, You can have all treasure. Yarg only wants simple stone. Yarg make you rich and Yarg only want stone!

He hands you a scroll with drawings on it.

http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/drclarke/large/9424a8cd697fd08c6c3187af59c17100.jpg?v=270000

((OOC: Jessica, you know the slaying stone by name and that Treona is looking for it. You decide if you wish to know what the goblin is talking about. Just RP this out as you like. If you are unsure about something jsut ask in the OOC. ))

The little boy runs to his father, who lies fataly wounded on the ground.
Oh, my son.... you survived. I am so sorry.. he coughs and closes his eyes and opens them again.
Did you deliver the package to miss jessica?.. it is realy important that she brings it to Treona..
The man breaths heavily and tears roll over the boys cheecks.
Be strong boy. Tell your mother I love her and I love you....uhg.. You are the man now..
He wants to say something else, but he can't and closes his eyes. After one breath he remains still.

Azktor
2013-07-07, 08:11 AM
Fangir ignore for a second what the Goblin has to say and run toward the boy's Father. "Let me pass Lad, I will try to keep yer father alive!" Fangir rips his on cloths and use that as bandage to stop the bleeding and tries to keep the man on the living world. "Listen to me Lad! Be strong, ye are not done in this world yet! I will not let another of those evil creatures kill someone else!"

Even if this is some kind of "NPC programmed death" my character can't see someone dieing like that and do nothing.
Heal roll to keep the Man alive: [roll0] - CRITICAL, YEAH!

Cilvyn
2013-07-07, 09:39 AM
When you use everything you got to keep the man alive. After a few seconds you feel a weak heartbeat coming back. The man is alive but still in critical condition. You will surely lose him if he does not get help soon.

Iron Penguin
2013-07-07, 10:14 AM
Kael narrows his eyes. He knows goblins well, and trusts them very little, and he can tell when one is trying to be cunning.

"This is just a map of a town," he says in Common. "Kiris Dahn, I'd guess. There's not even anything of value marked on it - no treasure, no defences, nothing." He frowns at the goblin. "You may think you can pull the wool over our eyes, but we're not stupid. What's this stone you're so interested in?" He repeats this last in Goblin, making sure the captive understands him.

Wdwune
2013-07-07, 10:49 AM
The Boar was still focusing his attention on the captive goblin. In response to Kael's words, he narrowed his eyes, intensifying his glare. His hand was slowly reaching the sword pommel...

OOC:
Intimidate check for either helping Kael, or by myself:
Intimidate: [roll0]

The main purpose is to help Kael to make the goblin spit the truth. :smallamused:

Azktor
2013-07-07, 11:57 AM
Fangir is not relieved by that faint heartbeat "I will not stop until the man is back on his feet" Without saying a word he keeps working on the man, trying to make him stable. He start to patch the man up cleaning the way he can the wounds. And also he start to concentrate his runic powers on the man making his armor getting as bright as the sun while doing it. Runic symbols start to show around Fangir's arm with the same intensity as the ones in the man's armor.

Fangir will roll again Heal skill to make the man spend a Healing surge to regain HP (DC is 10 by the book) - if he got no healing surges left to spend he go just to 1HP.
Heal Roll: [roll0]
Also will use Rune of Mending: That way he can also spend a healing surge to regain HP.

onlie2005
2013-07-07, 03:31 PM
Jessica narrows her eyes after the goblin mentions the Stone. You can tell there is significant and anger and worry in her face.

"We will spare your life but you will not get your hands on the Stone. Do you understand me? The Slaying Stone is off limits. No deal. There is no amount of coin to replace the life lost because of its power."

She then turns her attention to the others and particularly Fangir and the dying father.

"We should head back to town immediately. And bring him back to the temple there. I think that is what is best for him. We should bring this goblin with us as well."

Azktor
2013-07-07, 03:50 PM
"I agree, he is stable now...but he is going to need to stay in a good bed for a couple of days." Fangir look back at lady Jessica and says "Are ye good Lady Jessica? Do ye need any healing? Also that was amazing, the way ye help us with the goblins...yer father would be proud of ye."

Iron Penguin
2013-07-07, 04:40 PM
"We will spare your life but you will not get your hands on the Stone. Do you understand me? The Slaying Stone is off limits. No deal. There is no amount of coin to replace the life lost because of its power."

"We should head back to town immediately. And bring him back to the temple there. I think that is what is best for him. We should bring this goblin with us as well."

"You know of this stone he spoke of?" Kael turns to Jessica, speaking a little more sharply than he intended. He is irritated that the girl interrupted his interrogation of the goblin, but looking at her as she bravely stares up at him makes all his momentary anger flood out of him. "I'm sorry - you deserve my thanks, young mage. You're more discriminating with your thunderbolts than I would be." He grins, and makes a courtly bow in her direction. "Believe me, if I had your kind of power, there would be a lot of stingy barmaids and cheating landlords with mightily singed arses between here and the River Nen.

"You're right, of course - we should take this man back to Winterhaven as quickly as possble. I think I saw a temple of Avandra in the town where I'd wager he'll be nursed back to health with care and kindness befitting a brave man such as he. This one -" and here he turns to the goblin "- we ought to hand over to the town guard or some such. They must have a town gaol or the like - somewhere where filth like this can be kept. When we return to the town, you can tell us what you know of this stone."

onlie2005
2013-07-07, 10:39 PM
Jessica gives Fangir a grateful smile and says as she painfully removes the crossbow bolt from her shoulder, "That spellcasting goblin....and... that goblin with a crossbow nailed me pretty good. Otherwise I will be okay."

The girl is clearly hurting but from what you can tell she is a lot tougher than one would expect from a girl her age. Even though she is not a fighter like Fangir and the Boar.

"I don't want to talk about the Slaying Stone in front of the goblin. Believe me you don't want him knowing anything more about it than he already does. We should head back to town now."

Jessica begins to head back to Winterhaven. She will help Fangir carry the wounded father though.

Azktor
2013-07-07, 11:38 PM
Fangir uses his healing skills on Jessica to remove any pain left on Jessica shoulder. He then turn to Kael and says "Could ye help the Boar with the Goblin? We don't want him to run and tell anything about us to others of his kind." He then, follows Jessica back to the town, he lets Jessica help to carry the man, but he carries most of the weight, he do not want her to wear out.

I will use Heal Skill to allow Jessica to spend a healing surge. I will take 10 since it is not a hurried situation getting a 10+6 = 16

Cilvyn
2013-07-08, 07:02 AM
((OOC you can RP what you will do, like going to the town.))

Cilvyn
2013-07-08, 07:55 AM
Yarg, just want stone. Stone is magic, Yarg want magic. Stone must broken, evil magic in stone. Evil magic must be broken. You can have treasure, yarg need stone!

Wdwune
2013-07-08, 10:58 AM
"An evil stone?" The Boar thought, frowning. "What's he talking about? And Lady Jessica once again mentioned this 'Slaying Stone'... I don't like where this is heading, but if we want to save Kiris Dahn, we'll need as much info as possible."

Using his left hand, The Boar firmly grabbed the tied goblin by the arm, lowering the chances of the prisoner to escape, and allowing his right hand to be free to quick-draw in case the goblin tries something. Or to punch him in the face if his tongue casts another curse.

"Worry not, since our prisoner's not going anywhere," The Boar finally says. "If we head back to town, we should take him to local authorities after we're finished here."

He then turned to Kael. "Ask him why does he need the stone so much. And ask him about the goblin defenses too; if we're lucky we'll find a weak spot in Kiris Dahn."

OOC:
Athletics check to keep the goblin tighly grabbed:
Since the goblin's tied, I think I'll just take 10, so the result is an automatic 20 :smallbiggrin:

And, just in case, an Insight check to see if the goblin is lying: [roll0]

EDIT: Average roll. :smalltongue:

onlie2005
2013-07-09, 01:49 PM
"No you will not get the Stone. It is too powerful for any person to have and must be destroyed by a more trustworthy person. If one exists. Guys meet me at the tavern again once we have this goblin taken to the authorities and the boy's father taken care of. There is something very important I have to tell you."

Once back in town, Jessica will follow the others and make sure the father is in good hands before heading back to the inn.

OOC: What was in the box that was delivered to Jessica? Although she did take a small peek at it.

Cilvyn
2013-07-10, 01:38 PM
Yarg Just want help!

When you talk about going to the village Yarg starts to strungle in his chains

Nooooo Not go to villages! NO, they Kill yrg and cannot have stone! No go to villages. Village bad noo!!

Azktor
2013-07-11, 08:01 AM
Fangir ignores the goblin for now, leaving it for The Boar and Kael to talk with it. He trusted then enough. He then said "Let's talk about magical stones when we are in a secure place. They seen to be really important and I do not want anyone to overhear us." Fangir grabed the boy's Father and carried him to the temple asking for some help with him. He said to the boy "Stay here with your father! I will be back latter today to check ye and him...I hope he live without any permanent injury." Fangir is smiling right now, despite his tiredness. He then starts to go back to join Jessica and the others.

Cilvyn
2013-07-11, 10:30 AM
It is still beginning of the afternoon.

When you arrive at the temple a old woman welcomes you and immediatly takes care of the wounded father and the boy. She introduces herself as Lyssandra and tells you if you need anyting for your medical supplies youcan come to her.

The goblin still doesn't want to go to the town and when you get there, the villagers all look very engry at the goblin and the children hide in fear.

you expect that the inn has a quiet room for you to talk. You don't know if they would let the goblin in though. There is a sort of sherrif station, but it is not realy a place to leave a goblin. You can decide what to do with him although you have noticed that showing him in public has a bad effect on the townsfolk.

Iron Penguin
2013-07-11, 02:22 PM
Kael talks quietly to the Boar, lowering his voice so that the goblin doesn't overhear.

"It seems we've found the only town in the Vale with no gaol," he remarks, with an ironic smile. "I'd guess that the penalty for banditry on the roads is hanging, and no-one in this town will be slow to hang a goblin. We ought to get as much information out of our prisoner as we can before the people of Winterhaven seek to do their justice. We should question him somewhere a little more private, though. Let me see if I can find somewhere."

Kael makes his way to the market square and begins asking a few subtle questions - whether there is a militia barracks in the village, or a guardhouse, or somewhere else their captive could be safely imprisoned.

OOC:
Kael uses his streetwise skill to try to find a suitable place to interrogate the goblin, and hopefully imprison him afterwards: [roll0]

Wdwune
2013-07-11, 04:34 PM
The Boar nods in response. "Go ahead, pal," he replies to Kael.

onlie2005
2013-07-12, 01:03 AM
Jessica lets the adults deal with the goblin. There is nothing else to do but return to the inn. There she will order lunch and see what is in the box and examine the contents closely.

Cilvyn
2013-07-15, 07:11 AM
The Inn seems like a good place to interrogate him. Otherwise there is a sherrifs building, but it is mostly an office where the sherrif can work, not some sort of prison where you can keep criminals. About the goblin and his fate. Most likely he will be hanged for crimes inflicted on the villagers by his kind. This will be some sort of vengeance rather than a fair trial for the goblin. You know that he will be executed whether he is innocent or not. Further you could use a the home of someone you know in the village.

Jessica, you find a small lantern in the box. It is mostly dark, but there is a dim light coming from within. When you touch it, it begins to move and float around you and shine bright light. It acts like it is some sort of curious little bird and it doesn't go away from you. It seems to like you. There is also a scroll in the box with a scroll. It says:

Dear Jessica,

The situation has grown more grimm than I had foreseen. Please make haste and bring the instrument Valthrun made, to me as soon as you can. This lantern is a gift to you. once you touch it, it will become yours and only listen to your commands. It will give you a light during the night and hopefully a little strenght for the things that are about to come.

Love, Treona.

Captain Penaka comes to you and sais he thinks that Valthrun must be ready now and that he will get the package. He talks to you a bit if you like about your gift, unless you don't want to share it with him.

For the rest: If you try to get more out of the goblin during on the way towards the town he will only say he wants to help, and jsut wants to have the stone. he totally agrees however no one should be able to use it and that he only wants it for safe keeping.. He is pretty convincing although it is still a goblin.

onlie2005
2013-07-15, 09:54 PM
Jessica ignores the goblin and leaves him to the others. You can tell that her mind is set about NOT giving the stone to the goblin. She does not care what they decide to do with the goblin.

But she is not a spoiled brat in any way and is polite in saying her thanks. It is clear that she is happy with it and even plays with it a little before placing the lantern in her backpack, as well as the box with its remaining contents.

"Please extend my thanks to Valthrun for his help and try to be quick about it and come back quickly. Lady Treona wants us to make haste back to the Tower. From what I gather from her letter we are needed urgently.", Jessica says in a voice that is neither bossy nor superior. The girl is always polite and if anything treats Panaka like a friend and confidante. In a way it is natural for her because of the way she was raised and taught to believe.

She then turns to her new friends, "Me and Captain Panaka are going to be heading back to Treona's Tower now once he returns from getting the package from Valthrun. We could use a few extra travelling companions. Given this recent goblin attack, I would feel much safer with you guys around as well. Besides, I am certain Lady Treona has a job for you guys if you are still looking."

Jessica gives her new friends, a small, friendly, innocent smile in her own way of asking beggingly for their help.

Iron Penguin
2013-07-16, 07:27 AM
Kael and the Boar escort their prisoner through the streets of Winterhaven. The ugly looks from the townsfolk make Kael uneasy, stirring up conflicting emotions in him. Part of him shares their hatred of goblins, understands their fear and distrust, but something in him rebels against it. He is a follower of Avandra, after all, and he has always stubbornly rebelled against crowds and mobs and majorities.

They bring the goblin into the inn via the back door and up the stairs to Kael's room.

"I'll ask you these questions once politely," Kael tells the goblin, in Common. "If I have to ask a second time... well, you've seen what my friend here can do." He switches to goblin and tells Yarg something else, his gaze fixed intently on the goblin's yellow eyes as he speaks.

In goblin:
If you answer my questions, we can get you out of here. The townsfolk wish to see you dead - you must know that. If you answer me, I can help you, but if you won't co-operate, my friend here will have no reason not to tear you to pieces. I have no love of goblins, but I have seen the anger of a mob, and I have even less love of that. Tell us what you know, and perhaps we can save you.
"Now - answer me in Common, so that my friend here can understand you. You'll want him to understand you, because if he thinks you're being uncooperative, he might start to get angry with you, and you don't want that." Kael pauses, making sure the goblin's attention is completely on him. "Tell me everything you know about this stone."

OOC:
Diplomacy check, with Words of Friendship (+5): [roll0]

This is happening whilst Jessica opens the box, etc, before she asks for our help. I'm assuming no-one tries to stop us bringing the goblin in - if they do, Cilvyn, I'll edit this post accordingly

Azktor
2013-07-16, 08:10 AM
After Fangir thanked Lyssandra he starts to come back to the Inn. When he got there he see Lady Jessica openning the Box and a small Lantern came out of the box. He come close to Lady Jessica and Listen to what she have to say, replying "I would be more than happy to help escorting ye and the captain back to the tower. And my beard is itching of curiosity to know more about Lady Treona and stone, but I know that everything has it time and place to happen."

Wdwune
2013-07-16, 10:36 AM
Following Kael, The Boar enters the room but still grabbing the goblin by the arm. The goblin's still chained, so once inside, The Boar closed the door and released his grip of the goblin's arm so that the prisoner feels less uncomfortable and more cooperative.

The half-orc fighter went close to the door and crossed his arms while staring at the goblin as Kael made his question. Even if he was not as good with words as the bard, at least he could try to help him in any way he could.

OOC:
I'll make a Diplomacy check to aid Kael. If I roll a 10 or higher, the bard will get a +2 bonus on his result.
[roll0]

EDIT: Not bad! :smallbiggrin:

Cilvyn
2013-07-16, 02:13 PM
The goblin seems a bit at easy now he sees you are taking him seriously and you want to talk and not just kill him.

In broken common he begins to speak.

We have problem in Kiris Dahn. Leader does not listen to Yarg. There is powerfull stone in city. yarg want to find it. It has great power and evil sorceress is looking for stone. yarg want to search for it first and find it. Other goblins do not want, and cast yarg away. You must help Yarg find stone or else we have big problem!!

Goblins have treasure, Yarg will give if you find stone and give to Yarg. But is dangerous and yarg need help. Other goblin not friendly to Yarg, so yarg need help.

Captain Penaka returns soon after with a strange devise with him. it is some sort of globe with alot of gold wires around it. There is a socket in the middle where something should be placed, although now it is empty.

onlie2005
2013-07-17, 01:38 AM
Jessica pats Captain Panaka on the arm and genuinely says, "Good work."

She then takes both Captain Panaka and Fangir aside and says in a more hushed tone, "As soon as Kael and the Boar rejoin us we should immediately decide what we should do with the goblin. While I am not one to be merciless and leave it with the people of Winterhaven given what they will likely do to him, I don't want him returning to Gorizbadd. The reason is is that I think Lady Treona wants to hire adventurers to retrieve the Slaying Stone. He is obviously looking for the Stone as well. And if we release him he might return to Gorizbadd and warn his kin about us. So what are we supposed to do with him?"

Wdwune
2013-07-17, 04:18 PM
The Boar grumps as he frowns looking down upon hearing the goblin.

He approaches Kael and whipers him so that the goblin can't listen his words: "This goblin was rejected by his own kind, and I can't figure a reason of how he would use a stone like that. However, Lady Jessica seems to know the item very well and does not want this goblin to hear what that thing can do."

He paused for a second and then continued whispering to Kael: "I think releasing him is not a bad idea, since the goblins would probably kill him on sight. He's forced to run away, and we can give him a warning: We kill him if we see him again near Kiris Dahn."

Then he spoke normally: "We should hear what our Lady have to tell."

Iron Penguin
2013-07-19, 05:03 PM
Kael nods.

"He seems to be telling the truth," he murmurs to the Boar, "at least as far as he understands it. I think we should wait until we know more about this stone before we decide what to do with our friend here."

He goes back to the goblin, and speaks a few phrases to him in his own tongue.

In goblin:
"We're going to leave you here for a while. I suggest you stay where you are, and stay quiet - those townsfolk outside won't hesitate to string you up if they see you."
Then he goes to the door. "Let's see what the young mage has to say for herself."

He goes downstairs, where he finds Jessica, Captain Panaka, and Fangir in the common room.

"So, my lady of the lightning bolts," he says, bowing to Jessica, "I'm hoping you'll be able to tell me a bit more about this famous Stone. Our friend upstairs says it's powerful, and that we shouldn't let it fall into the wrong hands."

Wdwune
2013-07-19, 10:11 PM
The Boar gives the prisoner a brief glare before getting out of the room, closing the door and following Kael downstairs.

onlie2005
2013-07-19, 11:31 PM
Jessica takes a deep breath. Then decides to get straight to the point. Although there is something in her eyes that indicates hesitance but there is no attempt to hide anything. She is blunt and to the point.

"The slaying stone is a relic that has the ability to potentially instantly kill another creature within its power range when used. There is no real defense against it. I don't know the whole history about it but I believe that there were thought to be 8 of them originally. Back when Gorizbadd was a thriving city known as Kiris Dahn they were used to destroy Kiris Dahn's greatest enemies. But each relic could only be used once and once used it is destroyed in the process. By the time the goblins overran the city 8 years ago, all 8 stones were gone. Or at least it was thought to be. But Lady Treona has since discovered that there is one more left and wants it retrieved before anyone else can find it.", Jessica says to the group, though in more hushed tones, "That is why I think we should head to Treona's Tower. You guys look like a capable adventuring group for this task."

Azktor
2013-07-20, 03:56 AM
Fangir listens carefully for what Lady Jessica has to says about the stones and the past of Kiris Dahn "These stone have great power then...I wonder if this power could be replicated to kill orcs and trolls and help me defeat Hoturn's army...well that is a question for after that we recover the stone."

Fangir looks to Lady Jessica in the eyes and say "I cannot see a quest more noble then this. I agree we should go back to Treona's Tower right now."

Fangir looks to Kael and the Boar and says "That goblin should not be let alive, by any circustance. He just knows to much now."

Wdwune
2013-07-20, 12:17 PM
The Boar listened Jessica's explanation and tried to digest it. "Wait, are you telling us that there is a stone able to instantly kill any creature?" The Boar rised an eyebrow. "It's hard to believe, but..."

Fangir's decision to execute the prisoner took him by surprise. "Hmmmm... I might agree," he finally replied. "The goblin said he was an outcast from Gorizbadd, so he's no immediate threat if we sneak into the town," he said with a thoughtful frown. He never liked to think too much. "However, he still managed to gather an escort and almost wiped out a human caravan. Besides, he's powerful enough to resist our continuous attacks while still using his voodoo stuff to harm Lady Jessica and myself... Who knows what could he do by himself."

He tapped the table with his fingers for a while before adding: "I vote for interogating the prisoner about his former goblin companions before deciding what to do with him. And then we head to the town to see Lady Treona. I'll follow any decision regarding the goblin's life, but if we unanimously decide to kill him, my blade will gladly make that deed, swiftly," he said as he caressed the pommel of his sword.

onlie2005
2013-07-20, 09:54 PM
"The thing about releasing the goblin is that he could warn the goblins about us coming. I think we should let the town decide what to do with him. Or you guys decide but I do not want him loose before we reach Gorizbadd at least.", Jessica says.

Iron Penguin
2013-07-22, 05:54 AM
Kael looks around at his companions.

"This Stone is a powerful thing," he says quietly. "I agree that we need to find it, before it falls into the wrong hands. But I find I cannot agree with killing our captive." He spreads his hands, looking uncertain and conflicted, but he carries on: "I know better than any that goblins cannot be trusted. But something in me rebels against cutting any creature's throat in cold blood. Let me offer you an alternative plan." Kael makes sure he has everyone's attention before he continues. "Goblins are cowardly, especially when they're alone, and they're superstitious. Even those who use magic learn it by rote and ritual. They don't understand magic, any more than... than Ama does." Hearing his name, the golden-haired dog pricks up his ears, looks around, then goes back to lying peacefully at Kael's feet. "Our goblin prisoner has seen me disappear before his very eyes. He's seen Jessica, who can't be any older than 12 summers, fire powerful bolts of lightning - that's enough to scare me, never mind a goblin." He flashes quick smile at Jessica. "I suggest we trick him into thinking we've placed him under some kind of curse. There are plenty of stories about powerful elf-lords and fey princes placing people under a geas - if I tell him that's what we've done I think I can get him to believe it. I'll tell him that we've placed a curse on him that will strike him down with terrible pain if he ever tries to travel towards Kiris Dahn. Then we'll set him free. We'll tell him to travel east, to start a new life for himself far away from the people who cast him out. If our maid of the summer storms here -" he indicates Jessica - "can conjure up a few impressive lights and signs, I think we can convince our friend upstairs - or at least enough that he'll be a hundred miles from Kiris Dahn before he decides to try turning around. What do you think?"

Wdwune
2013-07-22, 10:09 AM
OOC:
I love the idea! Kael using his persuasive abilities to convince the goblin he's under a curse as Jessica casts a few cantrips, it's just awesome. :smallbiggrin:

However, I don't know how The Boar would react. Let's see...

As he listened Kael's idea, The Boar was still tapping the table with the fingertips of his left hand while his right one was no longer caressing the pommel of his sword. When he finally stopped the tapping, he was rising his eyebrows, looking at Kael with a surprised (and confused) glance. "That's... Not a bad plan. In fact, if you guarantee that it'll work, it could contribute to the interogation as well... Hmmm, decisions..."

Azktor
2013-07-23, 01:02 PM
Fangir listen carefully to the bard's plan and reply "I'm not sure if that is a good ideia...so many things could go wrong, some others goblins could find him while he is traveling alone and he open his mouth. Just to much trouble just to save a goblin life. But ye all earned my respect..." Fangir makes a pause and looks to all four of his new friends, including the Boar "...so I will leave that one in yer hands Kael Whisperwind."

onlie2005
2013-07-23, 06:11 PM
Jessica thinks for a moment. She has been thinking thoughtfully about the goblin and his fate. After some thought she says, "I don't like the idea of leaving him alone period. Who knows anything can happen between the time we arrive at Gorizbadd and right now. We could hold him prisoner at Treona's Tower. But I will go along with your plan Kael."

Iron Penguin
2013-07-25, 03:43 PM
Kael smiles.

"Jessica - I'm going to need your help to convince our hairy friend of my towering arcane power." His smile widens into a grin, and he makes a theatrical magical gesture. "When I pretend to cast the curse, I'd like you to make me appear powerful - a nimbus of arcane light, perhaps, or sparks dancing around my fingertips. And then a mystic rune appearing on his forehead, something like that." He shrugs. "And if it doesn't work, we can always cut his throat."

The four companions return to the room where the goblin is imprisoned. Kael speaks to him at length, animatedly, in his own tongue, then raises a hand as if to cast a spell. He speaks a few more words, this time in elven, and brings his hand down and touches it, briefly, against the goblin's brow.

In goblin:
The time has come for you to go, but my companions and I don't want you returning to Gorizbadd. We will set you free, but they have asked me to place a geas on you. You see, my mother was a great sorceress of the Eladrin race. The goblins of Nachtur called her the Queen of Thorn and Briar. Her blood runs in my veins, and my very gaze holds a part of her arcane power. I will place upon you a curse - for a year and a day, you may not take more than five steps together towards Gorizbadd. If you seek to approach that city, you will first endure misfortune - thorns will tear at you, stones will turn beneath your feet, food will turn to ashes in your mouth. The closer you get to the city, the worse it will become, until wild animals set upon you, and wolves tear you limb from limb. So I lay this geas upon you - travel always east, and come not near Gorizbadd.
OOC:
I'll leave it up to onlie2005 to describe the effects that Jessica creates and how she creates them. I'll just put Kael's bluff roll, not including any extra bonuses:
Bluff: [roll0]

Wdwune
2013-07-26, 09:45 AM
The Boar stays close to the door, silent as he watches the bard's performance, but always ready in case the goblin tries to escape or attack.

onlie2005
2013-07-26, 11:48 PM
Jessica does not take her wand out. It would look too suspicious. Instead she looks as mean and as threatening as possible. The girl mentally casts the spell on Kael. She uses her magical knowledge and experiences as a wizard, what little she has, to create the blood red aura surrounding Kael. But she is also very subtle, thinking if she overdoes it, she will make it too unbelievable. When he touches the goblins forehead, she makes it feel like like a slightly hot, but not too hot touch. Just to feel like it is burning a little. The minute Kael touches the goblin, the aura fluidly moves from surrounding Kael to surrounding the goblin. It is a very uncomfortably warm, tingling effect that quickly disappears in a few seconds but Jessica makes sure that there are lingering effects afterwards for a few seconds to drive Kael's point.

Cast Prestidigitation.

I don't know what skill I need to use so I used her Arcana skill and roleplayed it like her using her knowledge of magic to try and create the effects of a geas as reasonably realistic as possible with her Prestidigitation. Or maybe in a way manipulate her magic to that affect in a way if you will allow DM. :)

Arcana Check:[roll0]

Azktor
2013-07-30, 10:02 PM
Fangir is close by the Boar with his arms crossed watching the whole thing while thinking "I wonder if a smart trick like this will work on a dumb creature like a goblin. Well if it don't work at least I know what to do..."

blackwind1kaze
2013-08-18, 12:48 PM
OOC:
I shall be your new GM, lets get this show on the road.

The goblin believed them... He believed he was truly cursed now. After it was said and done, the goblin headed out travelling east.

After the ordeal the group decides to call it a night so they can set off early the next morning figuring it would only take two days worth of travel time.

As you head outside to leave you take notice of a wagon outside with a man on it looking to be waiting for someone. As he turns around he takes notice of the group. "Why good morning, it took you long enough to wake up. You ready to travel?"

onlie2005
2013-08-18, 04:31 PM
Jessica is up and at em early in the morning and heads down quickly for breakfast. She makes sure though that all of her stuff, including the devices given to her by Treona and Valthrun are safely packed away in her backpack before heading down to breakfast. There she quickly reviews and prepares her spells for the day as she eats.

When the party is ready to go she is surprised to see the wagon and driver waiting for her. While she is not suspicious by nature, she does say, "I assume you were hired by either Lady Treona or Captain Panaka to take us to Lady Treona's Tower."

blackwind1kaze
2013-08-18, 04:40 PM
"Til we get to the bridge, yes." is the man's response to the little girl. The man however is still smiling a friendly smile.

Wdwune
2013-08-18, 04:56 PM
The Boar

The half-orc spent the day before training in his room, doing some push-ups and slow sword training using a stick he found nearby, and also sharpening his greatsword and sharing some beverages with his teammates.

The next day, he dons his armor and goes outside to meet with Jessica and the others after preparing his weapons and gear.

"Morning," he greets everyone, then he notices the wagon-rider. "Hm? Lady Jessica, do you know this guy?" he says rising an eyebrow in suspicion.

onlie2005
2013-08-18, 06:14 PM
Jessica looks over the man very closely, as if trying to read his intentions. She looks around for Captain Panaka who would normally be at her side and not be so blase about her safety.

"Where is Captain Panaka? Do you have proof that you are working for Lady Treona? I'm not trying to be rude here but I was unaware that we were being given a ride to her Tower."

Insight:[roll0]

blackwind1kaze
2013-08-18, 06:31 PM
OOC:
Ouch, a 2... that is a fail whether needed or not.

The man just continues to smile but says "Captain Panaka had to leave last night. She said she'd be waiting for you at Lady Treona's tower. Now, we must hurry if we are going to try to beat the fog."

onlie2005
2013-08-18, 07:36 PM
Jessica looks to the others before entering the wagon. She is not at all certain about this man but she keeps a mental note to be alert for trouble.

Iron Penguin
2013-08-19, 11:57 AM
"Hail, friend!" Kael calls to the driver. "A free ride is always welcome." He returns the man's friendly smile with an easy grin of his own, but part of him remains wary. One of his mother's many sayings was 'Never trust a man who always smiles'. Still, things work a little differently in the Feywild, and this man could easily be just who he claims to be.

Ama looks up at the driver, his tongue lolling, clearly waiting for his master's approval to jump up into the waggon.

Insight check to discern whether the driver is lying: [roll0]

And yes, we are all a little bit paranoid :smallsmile:

blackwind1kaze
2013-08-19, 12:24 PM
i see that xD

Kail takes notice that he is indeed telling the truth but when the man was talking about the fog, there was a slight nervous tone to his friendly voice... It was something that was there and only there for the fog...

Iron Penguin
2013-08-19, 01:33 PM
Kael climbs up to sit beside the driver, and Ama leaps up beside him.

"No time to waste," he calls down to his companions. "After all, we don't want to be caught in the fog." He notices again the look of consternation that passes quickly over the driver's face at the mention of the fog. Strange...

Wdwune
2013-08-19, 02:04 PM
The Boar grunts in resignation. "Alright then," he says as he walks closer to the wagon, offering a helpful hand to Jessica and/or Fangir to get into, then stepping in and jumping inside with precise agility.

Azktor
2013-08-19, 02:45 PM
Fangir ignores the Boar offer to help him and easily jumps into the Wagon and says "My legs may be short, but I can handle myself just fine, orc." He is not angry with the half-orc, but he did not liked the offer. He then sits close by Jessica that was helped by the Boar to get inside.

Btw, just taking 10 to jump into the Wagon, giving me 10+11= 21 in athletics

blackwind1kaze
2013-08-19, 03:16 PM
"Everyone in? Good, Yah!" the man quickly said and the wagon started to move. Sadly, most of the trip was uneventful save for that of the scenery.

i'll leave it here for a few to allow dialog/skill checks if you guys want.

Wdwune
2013-08-20, 02:36 PM
The Boar just shrugged when Fangir rejected his help. "I can see that, dwarf," he says with a grin. "You're well trained to move with that heavy armor, I could notice that back in the battle yesterday. Sorry if my gesture offended you."

Inside the wagon, he just looked at the misty landscape outside. There was little need to worry about the fog, or even the driver. Lady Jessica is well protected by the three adventurers, and a sort-of outsider dog. A hexer goblin could not stand against us, he thinks. Unless this guy is a lich in disguise, there's no reason to be afraid.

So, he relaxed and found a comfortable position on the bench. He checked his backpack and noticed the cheese he packed the morning of yesterday. "Anybody wants a slab of cheese?" he asks.

onlie2005
2013-08-20, 03:33 PM
Jessica sits well into the wagon, staying in the middle and keeping a distance from the front and back of the wagon. There she has time to take the map of Gorizbadd. She seems to be studying it closely and tracing her finger over certain landmarks on the map, particularly the perimeter of the city.

Jessica is examining the map and searching her memories of the city from her own perspective. The purpose is to determine from memory, logic and by the map itself, the best ways to enter the city and possible paths to be taken to avoid goblin patrols as much as possible.

Dungeoneering Check: [roll0]

Azktor
2013-08-20, 03:43 PM
Fangir look to the Boar and says "AYE! That I can! And so do ye. That was a good battle and ye all fought well there. My father used to say that: Ye can only know someone well, when ye fight side-by-side with him.." Fangir accepted the cheese and also offered to them a piece of fresh bread he just grabed today.

After eating the bread and the cheese, he turns to Jessica that is concentrated in a map and tries to help her with that.

Will roll dungeoneering see if I can help her out.
Dungeoneering Check: [roll0] - I guess not :smallannoyed:

Wdwune
2013-08-20, 04:38 PM
"Then your father must be a wise man," The Boar replies as he gratefuly accepts a piece of Fangir's bread and mixes it with a slab of cheese. "Same was mine, a resourceful swordsman of Kiris Dahn," he says as he bites the bread-and-cheese ball he just made. "He respected dwarvenkind as useful, fellow warriors, and always taught me to value my teammates and protect them above everything else."

"And no, he was not an orc if you were wondering," he says with a smirk on his face, showing his tusks. "He was a human, and my master. My bloodline is... just complicated."

He noticed Jessica reading some document and then he saw Fangir joining her. "What is that?" he asks curiously. "Taking a look to the map the goblin warlock gave us?"

Azktor
2013-08-20, 05:16 PM
"Yer father seems to be an honored man, Lad." Fangir used the "Lad" intentionally in the end of the phrase instead of orc or half-orc or green-man.

"That is a really strange and complicated map..." Fangir says to all 3 of his new friends.

Wdwune
2013-08-20, 08:06 PM
The Boar smiled. "He was," he replies to Fangir. "Perhaps when this mission's done, we all could gather again and tell stories about ourselves. After all, we all have our reasons to be here, and I'm pretty sure Kael's flute will come in handy."

From his spot, he paid attention to Jessica's document. "Can I see it?"

OOC

It's my turn to make a Dungeoneering check to help Jessica! :smalltongue:

Dungeoneering: [roll0]

Yay! I did it. Jessica has a +2 bonus. :smallsmile:

"Oh, I've seen this guard pattern before. It looks like the goblins are more likely to move here and here during daytime, and on these other locations at dusk. It's just a guessing, but who knows."

onlie2005
2013-08-22, 03:58 PM
Jessica gives the Boar the map hoping he could make any sense of it. The girl is still pensive and thoughtful and adds, "If we are to sneak into Gorizbadd and retrieve the Stone we should do so with as much stealth as possible. There are too many goblins there to fight and we would be easily overwhelmed."

blackwind1kaze
2013-08-22, 04:10 PM
OOC
forgive me everyone, my computer went down and so did my PDF, I should have it back tomorrow at the latest. Again, sorry.

Wdwune
2013-08-22, 04:27 PM
The Boar thought for a while after Jessica's tactical suggestion. "I reluctantly have to agree, but we'll need to make an emergency plan in case we're caught."

He returned the map to Jessica after his brief inspection. "If we're discovered, I personally like the "Silence 'em all" plan. It's faster and easier," he added with a grin.

OOC

OOC
forgive me everyone, my computer went down and so did my PDF, I should have it back tomorrow at the latest. Again, sorry.
No problem, we'll roleplay in the meantime. :smallsmile:

Azktor
2013-08-22, 04:33 PM
Fangir looked to Jessica and then back to The Boar "Well...I will be honest, dwarfs are not made to be stealth. But I can sure help with the "Silence then all" part of the plan!"

Fangir got a zero modifier stealth roll! :smallbiggrin:
Also, no problem blackwind! Hope you got back soon.

onlie2005
2013-08-23, 12:01 AM
Jessica frowned at both Fangir and the Boar. In some ways she understood how they felt. But what worried her more was the Slaying Stone.

"I understand but our first priority must be the Slaying Stone. Remember we don't know exactly where it is in the city. And we can't keep fighting goblins and looking for the stone. I would prefer to avoid the goblins as much as possible."

Azktor
2013-08-27, 09:31 AM
Fangir looked back to Jessica and said "Aye! So we have a plan!" He then keeps himself alert for any trouble on the road.

((May we have lost a DM again? :yuk: I hope not...))

blackwind1kaze
2013-08-27, 09:46 AM
Never! I'm just going through finishing going the the full book and factions so i know how Gorizbadd is on the inside XD, i'll post again soon with an full IC update.

blackwind1kaze
2013-08-27, 10:28 AM
Jessica takes notice of the entrances on the map showing.

There's an entrance on the east which was the city gate and a small road all the way on the west side of the city that leads to the Cairngorne Mountains (Peaks).

Jessica's memory of troop patrols are however more than likely out of date and even the ways through the city have possibly changed.

Iron Penguin
2013-08-27, 12:00 PM
Kael has spent most of the journey alternately chatting amiably with the waggoner and playing softly on his little carved flute. When he hears Fangir mention a plan, he turns in his seat to look at his companions.

"A plan is a fine thing," he says lightly. "Just don't expect it to last more than five heartbeats." He gives a lopsided smile. "Not that it's a bad plan. It sounds like a good one, as far as plans go. It's just... well, you know what they say. The gods laugh at mortals' plans."

blackwind1kaze
2013-08-29, 03:07 PM
((Anything for Jessica or anyone to input?))

onlie2005
2013-08-29, 06:17 PM
Jessica simply decides to sleep on the matter further when she gets home. There was really nothing more she could do but deliver the package to Lady Treona. So for the moment she closes her eyes and meditates to herself.

Wdwune
2013-08-29, 06:35 PM
The Boar just nods in approval with Jessica's suggestion. "No problem, Lady Jessica," he says. "We will fulfill the mission as best as we can."

During the rest of the journey The Boar just stares outside, but always on his guard.

blackwind1kaze
2013-08-30, 09:55 PM
As the cart approached the bridge the man stopped the cart. "****e, everyone out quick" he yelled at them. As soon as the group got out of the cart he quickly turns the cart around and speeds off.

Everyone Roll Initiative.
Note: Every square has a big amount of Fog so melee and ranged recieve -2 to attack.

{table=head]^ | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J
1 |T|T|T|T|-|w|w|w|-|-
2 |T|T|T|T|-|w|w|w|-|-
3 |T|T|T|T|-|w|w|w|-|-
4 |T|T|T|T|w|w|w|-|-|-
5 |r|r|r|x|w|w|w|x|-|-
6 |r|r|r|r|b|b|b|r|r|-
7 |r|r|r|r|b|b|b|r|r|r
8 |-|-|-|r|b|b|b|r|r|r
9 |-|-|-|x|w|w|w|x|-|r[/table]

T = Tower, w = Water, - = grass, r = road, b = Bridge (player starting location), x = bridge post (can't walk there)

----
Please choose your locations so i can place them on the board.

Wdwune
2013-08-30, 10:08 PM
"What's wrong?" The Boar asks the driver as his hands moves to the pommel of his sword. "Goblins coming?"

He then leaps out of the wagon and assumes his usual fighting stance.

blackwind1kaze
2013-08-30, 10:12 PM
The driver never answers Boar but it isn't long until the group finds out the reason. through the fog the group can hear the howls and barks of wolves that sound like they are getting close.

Azktor
2013-08-30, 10:20 PM
Fangir was quickly ready for what was to come "Wolfs! Everyone be on yer guard!" He then positioned himself close by the Boar.

Iron Penguin
2013-08-31, 05:24 AM
Kael nocks an arrow to his bowstring and looks around at the deepening fog. The howls of the wolves seem to come from all directions at once, muffled and strange and horribly close. Ama's hackles rise, crackling with blue sparks, and a low growl issues from his throat as he moves to stand beside the two warriors.

"Watch your backs, all of you," Kael calls. "Wolves like to surround their prey and drag it down." He glances over at Jessica, but she seems, if anything, to be less nervous than he is. Either that girl is braver than I am, or she's better at hiding her fear.

onlie2005
2013-08-31, 09:17 PM
The minute she is told by the driver to get out, the tone of his voice and the fact that he rather abruptly chooses to leave them where they are is vexing to her. Still he got them to the intended destination. It is the end of the road that pisses her off.

"Oh thanks a lot for your help and your concern! Have a nice day! Be careful not to run over any rocks on the way out of here!", she yells back at him with a bit of sarcasm and dry humour. It is clear that she is not pleased with the man.

The minute Jessica hears the howling of wolves, alarm bells begin ringing in her head. She immediately takes out her wand but does not run. Something her father once taught her long ago, never panic, always keep a sound mind and calm demeanor. Taking a deep breath and biting her lower lip she positions herself behind the dwarf and half orc and looks to see if she can see the wolves. She listens carefully and uses her eyes and senses as best she can to find them.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-03, 02:11 PM
((Maps for encounters will be held here now (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apld7KjNj7FHdGVsQjNiSnd6Yml3VGx4UnhmdTAxT FE&usp=sharing)))

the wolves start to appear slowly through the fog, you've come to realise that they are flanking you on both sides.

--------------------

Ravenous Wolves Turn (Initiative is on the Map)

RW moves from C8 to D8 attacking Ama.
- Attack: 20 vs AC - Hit
-- Damage: 6, Ama is now Grabbed.

RW moves from I5 to G6 attacking Kael.
- Attack: 25 vs AC - Hit
-- Damage: 8, Kael is now Grabbed.

RW moves from I8 to G7 attacking Jessica.
- Attack: 26 (Nat 20) vs AC - Hit
-- Damage: 13, Jessica is now Grabbed and Bloodied.

--------------------

Wdwune, your turn.

Wdwune
2013-09-03, 02:38 PM
The Boar clenched his fist around the pommel of his sword. "Lady Jessica!" he shouted right after the wolves move in from behind and attack.

With a grunt, he quickdraws his sword and slashes the wolf he has in front. He uses the momentum to give a quick step back with agility and slash the wolf who attacked Jessica. "Go back to your place, wolf," he grunted as he tried to make the wolf retreat. "Release her!!"

OOC

Standard: Passing Attack:
· Attack 1 on RW at D8: [roll0] vs AC
· Hit: [roll1] damage, Wolf is marked until end of my next turn, and I shift to F8 and make a secondary attack.
· Miss: Wolf is marked until the end of my next turn.

· Attack 2 (only if I hit) vs RW at G7: [roll2] vs AC
· Hit: [roll3] damage and Wolf is marked until the end of my next turn.
· Miss: Wolf is marked until the end of my next turn.

Free: Spend an Action Point to make the following action:

Standard: Disrupting Advance:
· Attack on RW at G7: [roll4] vs AC
· Hit: [roll5] damage, push target to I7 and target is marked UENT and it's slowed UENT. The GW at J7 is also slowed UENT.
· Miss: Target is marked UENT.

Move: Shift to G7 if previous attacks connect. If RW at G7 dies, I'll spend the AP after moving and target the wolf at G6 instead.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-03, 03:05 PM
all effects go through. You've used Passing Attack and Disrupting Advance Encounter Powers and your action point.

Azktor, you're up.

Azktor
2013-09-04, 12:38 AM
Fangir starts focusing his runic powers on Lady Jessica and her armors starts to shine and she sundenly feels better. He then move close by Ama guarding Lady Jessica's back. And last, but not least his hammer start to get red and hot he then hits the ground splashing waves of fires all over the place, around the 2 enemys comming from his direction.

Minor Action: Rune of Mending, with Destruction Rune. Lady Jessica can spend a Healing Surge to heal her HP. And Everyone gets +2 Damage Bonus (including Fangir) until the end of MY next turn.

Move Action: Fangir will move 1 square to E7.

Standard Action: Flames of Purity centered on the C8 square (it is a close blast 3 power), that way going to hit RW (on D8) and GW (on B7).
- Attacks vs AC on the RW (on D8): [roll0] / Damage (Fire and Radiant) [roll1]
- Attacks vs AC on the GW (on B7): [roll2] / Damage (Fire and Radiant) [roll3], also I will use Elemental Legacy giving +3 bonus COLD dmg on this guy, so total: 6 Fire/5 Radiant/3 Cold.

Also I ended using the last attack with Rune of Protection, so Everyone close to Fangir (Ama, Jessica and Kael) will gain resist 2 to all damage until I change to another Runic State and as long as you remain close to Fangir

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-10, 01:30 PM
The first attack misses but the second attack hits the grey wolf and Jessica uses a healing surge to bring herself to 13 HP (haven't heard otherwise)

Grey Wolf: Moves from B7 to D7 attacking Fangir
Attack: Bite 18 vs. AC - Hit
- Damage: 7. Fangir is at 23/30 HP
-- Grey Wolf then shifts to C9

{Onlie, your turn}

onlie2005
2013-09-10, 06:38 PM
OOC: Sorry I was waiting for my turn.

Jessica

Jessica unleashes a torrent of flame at the wolf that was grabbing her and trying to drag her away. Then jumps back to avoid the wolf coming at her again.

Standard Action: Cast Burning Hands. Close blast 5 with the leftmost bottom corner of the resulting squarelike 5X5 area of effect centered on G6 so only RW is affected by it. INT vs REF. 17 total damage of critical hit. Half damage if miss.

Burning Hands Attack: [roll0]
Damage if Hit: [roll1]
Endurance Check to break out of grab: 1d20
Move Action: Shift one square south.

onlie2005
2013-09-10, 06:41 PM
OOC: Sorry forgot to include I think is dexterity check to break out of grab. If it is only strength just subtract 2.

Break Out of Grab: [roll0]

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-10, 07:51 PM
Encounter Power used, Missed only doing 5 damage to the Wolf on G6.

((OOC: Escaping from a Grapple is either Athletics or Acrobatics... Also, Jessica was never grabbed.))

{Iron Penguin, your turn}

onlie2005
2013-09-10, 09:05 PM
OOC: I think you said Jessica was grabbed.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-10, 10:45 PM
((OOC: Boar pushed the wolf away automatically ending the grab XD))

onlie2005
2013-09-11, 01:05 AM
OOC: Can she shift back a square for her move action still now that I know this? :)

Iron Penguin
2013-09-11, 04:03 AM
Kael thows himself backwards, trying to escape the wolf's snapping jaws. At the same moment, Ama flickers in a haze of blue light, vanishing from a wolf's grasp and reappearing at its flank, snapping his jaws and growling.

Move Action
Kael: Escape from grab (Athletics): [roll0]
Ama: Uses Blinking Pack to teleport to D7

What I do with my standard action depends on whether Kael escapes the wolf's grab

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-11, 07:09 AM
OOC: Can she shift back a square for her move action still now that I know this? :)

((OOC: Sure just do it before IP finishes their turn or you lose out on it.))

{@I.P}

Kael Escapes the grab (barely) and Ama teleports outta the grab.

Iron Penguin
2013-09-12, 02:50 PM
The wolf's jaws snap closed, leaving a scrap of Kael's coat-sleeve between its ravening teeth - far too close for comfort. Angrily, he mutters a few words under his breath, faerie-fire glistening in his dark eyes for a moment, then he raises his voice in a passable imitation of a wolf's howl. The creature before him looks startled, but holds its ground, seemingly unaffected by the half-elf's magic.

Assuming that Jessica shifts to F8...

Kael uses his successful Escape to shift back 1 sq to E6, then uses Blunder on the Ravening Wolf in G6.

To hit vs. Will: [roll0] (including -2 fog penalty)

On a hit, Kael slides the wolf 2 sq. First, the wolf goes to H6, allowing the Boar to make a melee basic attack against it with a +4 bonus. Then he gets slid into G5 (i.e. into the water - I presume this counts as falling, so the wolf gets a saving throw).

Also, if he hits, Beguiling Enchantment means that the wolf gets a -2 atk penalty against Kael UENT (for clarity, that's the wolf's NT).

ETA: Of course, this means nothing, since I rolled a 7. Edited main part of post accordingly.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-13, 08:50 AM
Private: Iron Penguin
I'll let it go this time as it did miss, but please, next time don't Meta-game whether it hit or not because you never know when i might let it slide.

Kael's attack was weak against the strong willed wolf, it might have been because the wolf is really hungry or it might have been all on Kael. One thing's for certain that the wolf is now pissed off at Kael.

Ravenous Wolf on G6 Shifts to F6 and attacks Kael
Attack: Bite - {22} Hit
- Damage: {7}, Kael is now grabbed and Bloodied.

Though Ama tried teleporting out of harm's way, he didn't teleport far enough to stop the same wolf that once had her from still noticing her.

Ravenous Wolf on D8 attacks Ama
Attack: Bite - {16} Hit
- Damage: {4}, Ama is now grabbed and Bloodied.

Being ripped from it's prey and launched at its fellow wolf, the hungry wolf returns toward the boar it see if maybe he'll be better food to chew on.

Ravenous Wolf on I7 moves to H7 and attacks the Boar
Attack: Bite - {17} Hit
- Damage: {11}, The Boar is now grabbed.
{Wdwune's Turn}

Wdwune
2013-09-13, 09:12 AM
The Boar instinctively attempts to dodge the wolf's bite, but the animal was faster than he thought and grabbed him with its jaw. "Tch! Get off, spoiled puppy!"

As he mumbles, he uses his strength and training to kick the wolf out of his reach, then he focuses for a brief instant and his sword cuts fast in a deadly arc not intended to kill, but to distract both wolves surrounding him.

OOC

Move action: Escape from the grab using Athletics vs Fortitude
[roll0]

Standard: Threatening Rush vs Ravenous Wolf at H7
· Attack (including the -2 fog penalty): [roll1] vs AC
· Hit: [roll2] damage and every enemy adjacent to me is marked until the end of my next turn. (This includes Fangir's +2 damage bonus)
· Miss: My opponent is marked until the end of my next turn.

End of my turn: End the mark on wolf at D8 and the slow effect on the wolves.

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-13, 09:22 AM
You manage to Escape the wolf's clutches but miss when you attempt to swing at him.

{Azktor's turn}

blackwind1kaze
2013-09-15, 02:00 PM
(Bump) {Azktor's Turn}

Azktor
2013-09-15, 03:44 PM
Fangir moves close to a wolf and attack him with fire and then focus his healing runes to help Kael.

Move to 8E: 1 square.
Standard: Rune of endless Fire
Attack vs AC on the RW on 8D: [roll0] (with -2 from fog)
Hit: fire and radiant damage [roll1] (+4 due runic artisty: wrathfull hammer - it give me bonus equal to my CON modfier when hit by an enemy - and +2 from my own buff I used last turn). Also effect: i got +1 dmg and +4 to granted hit points until end of encounter.
Minor: Rune of mending (with rune of destruction): grant a healing surge+4 to Kael. Also everyone will get +2 dmg until the end of my next turn.
Also: I'm now on runic state of destruction and anyone who attacks a enemy close to fangir will get +1 attack bonus.

blackwind1kaze
2013-10-23, 01:28 AM
The Hungry Wolf's hair is now slightly singed as it growls at Fangir. Kael feels his body gain momentum again to continue the fight (Heals 6+4= 10 HP, 1 Healing Surge used.)

The less hungry wolves begin to plan their next attack.

Grey Wolf on C9 shifts to C8 and Attacks Ama.
Bite {21} vs AC = Hit
Damage: {9}
- Ama is now Prone and Dying, currently at -6 HP
Effect: The Grey wolf then shifts back to where it was before.

Grey Wolf on J7 moves to H8 and attacks Boar.
Bite {16 +2 CA = 18} vs AC = Hit
Damage: {8}
Effect #1: Boar is now Prone and Bloodied.
Effect #2: Grey Wolf shifts to G6.

Onlie, Your Turn.

Wdwune
2013-10-23, 08:05 PM
The Boar -free action-

As The Boar bears the fangs of the wolf piercing the flesh through his leather armor, the half-orc, now on the ground, feels the primal rage of his orc ancestors fill his inner self, renewing his vigor despite being covered in blood.

Half-Orc Resilience is activated: The first time I'm bloodied during combat, I get 5 temporary hit points. :smallwink:

onlie2005
2013-10-24, 10:26 AM
Jessica continues to use her spells in as nasty a way as possible. This time she calls for lightning as she unleashes a lightning bolt that weaves its way to the 2 wolves in front of Boar. The loud crack of thunder could be heard.

Cast Arc Lightning on F6 and G6. INT vs REF. If critical hit does 11 max damage.

Arc Lightning on F6: [roll0]
Arc Lightning on G6: [roll1]
Damage if Hit: [roll2]