PDA

View Full Version : I just realized something.

Snowbluff
2013-06-09, 10:00 AM
The way charging works when mounted, you can use standard action to activate an Extraordinary ability. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20050208a)

So, you can only take a standard action after your mount moves it's movement, but not anymore.

If your mount charges, you take the AC penalty at the end of a charge, and are treated as charge if you make an Attack at the end of one.

Tome of Battle Strikes usually make attacks, are usually (Ex) and you can activate them at the end of your mounts charge if it didn't move twice it's movement.

It's probably not news, but it's something to ponder. Kind of reasons the same way as Wild Plains Outrider allows you to make full attacks on a charge while mounted.

Zaq
2013-06-09, 01:53 PM
Is that actually borne out in the rule books anywhere? That series of articles has some interesting stuff in it, but I seem to recall that it's not actually RAW. Am I misremembering?

Snowbluff
2013-06-09, 03:35 PM
Is that actually borne out in the rule books anywhere? That series of articles has some interesting stuff in it, but I seem to recall that it's not actually RAW. Am I misremembering?

I'll see if I can look through the rules compendium for a more RAW/allowable solution. Your actions are distinct from your mount, but the PHB rules are rather vague. I'll check the Rules Compendium for clarification.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, you do not lose the ability to make standard actions as normal. You would not be able to cast spells while moving if that were the case. When your mount moves, you are not able to make full attacks.