PDA

View Full Version : Drakora 3.5 IC

Humble Master
2013-06-09, 02:55 PM
The birds chirp quietly and the leaves crunch beneath your boots as your party follows the farm boy deeper into the forest. There does not seem to be a path but your guide marches on undaunted as though he has made this trek many times before. Little light filters down through the canopy and patches of light shift upon the ground. The smells of sap and animals fill your nose as you trudge through the forest.
Your guide walks a little farther and then steps aside to reveal a clearing in the forest. A collection of small wooden huts are built in the clearing and a slightly larger stone and thatch structure sits in the center. Some torches are erected on poles around the camp but none are lit. The only source of artificial light seems to be a soft glow from one of the huts.
"This is where that wanderer lives" the farm boy says. "And were that old Grey Mage hideout is"
The boy looks down, double checks his payment and then bolts back down the path, leaving you in the clearing.

The Dragon
2013-06-09, 03:03 PM
Yssul were about to ask the boy what he knew, but he vanished before he had time to do so. Oh well. He looked to his new companions. "Let us see if he's home, no?" Yssul walked forward towards the hut the light shone out of, making sure to make noise so he wouldn't startle the occupants. "Hello?"

Talon15
2013-06-09, 03:07 PM
Why would someone live out here? Roo sniffs the air as he looks around, keeping an eye out for any dangers.

Respective spot and listen checks.
spot: [roll0]
listen: [roll1]

Humble Master
2013-06-09, 03:12 PM
You don't see any immediate danger though you notice some odd runes drawn on the side of the wall you can see through a small crack in the wall of the hut.
You hear some shuffling from inside the hut but nothing not to be expected. Other than that the chirps of birds fill the air. You also think you might have heard a howl in the distance...

Waitingnomad
2013-06-09, 03:17 PM
Ahead of him Reise saw several figures milling around outside the old hut in which he had taken refuge. Thoughts passed through his mind; 'My resting place is disturbed. Why must I never have peace?' He approached them through the shadows, his vision and sharp senses allowing him to move with ease to stand by the dimly lit door. At last, standing behind these intruders, he spoke in a cold, quiet voice "Who are you that disturb my place of rest?"

OOC
To clarify, I was never in the hut to begin with

XianTheCoder
2013-06-09, 03:21 PM
Ri'Anthal looks around, Well he must be a good guide, it's not like he has much else to do way out here. Ri keeps a lookout as his frontline soldiers go in looking for the guide.

Humble Master
2013-06-09, 03:41 PM
Ri, you notice what looks like a man walk out of the hut and skulk around the shadows for a bit. The then comes up behind your allies. He says something but you can't hear what.

The rest of you who went to investigate the hut, just hear "Who are you that disturb my place of rest?"

XianTheCoder
2013-06-09, 03:51 PM
Ri'Anthal squares himself to the newcomer preparing to cast a magic missile, should it become necessary. As the newcomer speaks indicating he's the man they are looking for, Ri relaxes slightly, but is still prepared to defend the group.

Waitingnomad
2013-06-09, 04:12 PM
One of the men has tensed, and there is now something about him that suggests an aura of danger. Reise focuses himself in preparation for attack, regarding the others who surround the dangerous man. Armed? Yes. But not displaying aggression. Odd. Nevertheless... "I asked who you were, but your demeanour suggests violence. Always, there is violence. Never peace. Oh, if but some day I may be so lucky as to find peace."

The Dragon
2013-06-09, 04:14 PM
Yssul turned, and in the same motion, drew his scimitar halfways out of the scabbard. He managed to screw up the rather graceful move, as he caught his sleeve on the longspear strapped on his back, however. He panicked for a moment, until he realised that the man made no overly aggressive moves. Yssul fell back in a relaxed pose, sheated his scimitar completely, and smiled at the man. "Hello there, friend! I'm Yssul Celtisman, and we are an archaeologist team, of sorts. We heard about the old mage's hideout, and thouht we'd check it out." Yssul weighted his options for a moment. Should he ask the man to join them right away, or see if he could more to win the man over? He decided to wait untill this omnious "wanderer" seemed more at ease.

Waitingnomad
2013-06-09, 04:21 PM
Reise found his brow arching in surprise at this new man, this Yssul. Surprise? That was not something he had felt in a long time. This man too had shown agression, but then... 'friend'? Was this a trick? Or was this, at last, a lapse in his torment? "Friend? You speak those words though you do not know me." Reise lets out a short, bitter laugh. "But how could you? I do not know me. Indeed, it seems this was once a place of knowledge. Old, though not as old as I. I am Reise."

Talon15
2013-06-09, 04:30 PM
Roo snorts at the new comer but relaxes his guard, resting his glaive on his shoulder. His head tilts to the side as he watches the conversation.

Humble Master
2013-06-09, 05:00 PM
Listen Checks
Ri 20
Yussel 13
Roo 8
Folkk 4
Reise 19
Marrod 7

Ri you hear some wolves howling in the distance.
Reise you also hear some howling.

Waitingnomad
2013-06-09, 05:49 PM
His head turned in the direction of the howling sound, and he let out a low sight. "It seems there will be no peace today after all. Yssul, you say? Tell your men to be ready. Nature will always hunt, but maybe she will not find you as her prey tonight." Reise paused to gather his psionic focus and a smoky mist began to coalesce about his arm in preparation for the impending attack.

OOC

Gain focus and ready an Entangling Ectoplasm

XianTheCoder
2013-06-09, 06:25 PM
Ri'Anthal hears the howling, Great, just what we need. He changes the spell he was preparing to cast to Mage Armor.

At the view of the mist enveloping the wanderers arm Ri is caught off guard, I wasn't expecting a magic practitioner.

Spellcraft: [roll0]

Humble Master
2013-06-09, 06:51 PM
You don't recognize the spell this mysterious stranger is casting. The howling gets closer to the point were everyone can hear it. All of you peer into the forest, trying to see what has made the noise.
Wolves' Hide Check

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Spot Checks

[roll4] Ri
[roll5] Yussel
[roll6] Roo
[roll7] Folkk
[roll8] Reice
[roll9]Marrod

Roo and Reice, you turn around and spot 4 wolves, crouching around the perimeter of the clearing, clearly ready for an attack.
Ri, you can spot 3 wolves, one is very close to you because you stayed back at the edge of the clearing.
Everyone else cannot see anything in the foliage and you grip your weapons as your companions look around.

XianTheCoder
2013-06-09, 07:00 PM
When the howls get so close that attack is a concern, Ri'Anthal will cast Mage Armor.

Waitingnomad
2013-06-09, 07:02 PM
Breathing out again in another deep sigh, Reise releases the ectoplasmic energy he has built up around his arm. The mist seems to lurch forward and solidify into tendrils of an unidentifiable viscous substance directed at the nearest of the wolves. "It always ends in violence."

Edit: Hang on, as I'm making the first move does this count as a surprise attack? I've readied the action, so I go before the wolves, but if you need it heres my initiative:
1d20+9
Ranged touch attack for: [roll0]
If successful, its entangled for 5 rounds, no save.

Humble Master
2013-06-09, 07:22 PM
OOC
I will rule that because they saw the wolves Roo and Reise get the surprise round.
The ectoplasmic tendril spring from your hand and shoot towards your target. However the wolf nimbly sidesteps, snarls and lowers it's head, spittle bubbling in its mouth.
The wolf is only about 50ft away from you Ri so I assume that you think that that's too close for comfort.

Waitingnomad
2013-06-09, 07:41 PM
Reise cast his eye across the two wolves. He must be careful to mind his power reserves, lest they overpower him before he can react. "Those of you with swords and armour, gather to the front. They have yet to reach us yet, but these things move nimbly, and strike with a beastly hunger." Reise began to move slowly backwards towards the hut and behind the line of armoured visitors, drawing a crossbow from beneath his amorphous cloak and concentrating on manifesting some additional resilience upon himself in case the wolves broke through the line of individuals more suited to absorbing damage than himself. Still wary of his new visitors he began to mutter incomprehensibly under his breath and make practised motions with his hands so as to simulate the gathering of arcane magics. "One can never be too wary", he thought. He doubted any would have the knowledge to understand his craft, but one amongst them appeared to have some knowledge of magic about him.

Reise draws his crossbow and retreats 15ft whilst manifesting Vigor upon himself, gaining 5 temporary hit points.

XianTheCoder
2013-06-09, 07:53 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Yes, 50ft is Mage Armor time... That will be his first action.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-06-09, 07:58 PM
This will only take place once the surprise round is over, Initative is rolled and Marrod's turn has come up.

[roll0]

As he makes two fists, Marrod shifts back to the hut. "Alright, magic man, what spells have you got? And don't lie or refuse to answer, or else what I'm gona do next will seriously screw up. Incidentaly, don't resist."

Marrod prepares a Standard action, to use Steal Spell when Reise tells him, or not.

Humble Master
2013-06-09, 08:06 PM
OOC
Roll Initiative everyone! The battle has started! Also Roo you get a surprise round

Wolf Initiative

[roll0] Wolf 1 (the one close to Ri)
[roll1] Wolf 2 (the one Reise shot at)
[roll2] Wolf 3 (Another wolf on the edge of the clearing)
[roll3] Wolf 4 (with wolf 3) got a natural 20 so it goes first no matter what

Lore232
2013-06-09, 08:17 PM
"By the gods lets just get this over with, its be a long a day and I want to sleep" Folkk grumbled "this is just like the time when I had to sleep in a wizards hayloft." He began to shift about and latched his buckler to his arm and drew his short sword and continued "and I swear it smelt of oranges." while looking about, seeing the man in robes muttering he siddled over and continued "I bet you at least would had warned me, hmmm?" he said with a chuckle.

Standard action: Inspiring Courage to the party (+1 fear/+1 atk and dmg)
Move: Get it front of the wizard and perpare to defend him

Init: [roll0]

Waitingnomad
2013-06-09, 08:18 PM
I've already attacked, so does that include me, or was that already covered in the surprise round? If not, here is initiative: [roll0]
Also, I'm making a Knowledge (Arcana) check to see if I can figure out what he's Marrod is up to, and my response will depend on the result. Arcana check: [roll1]

Talon15
2013-06-09, 08:29 PM
For surprise round:
Roo moves to interpose himself between Ri and the wolves. He readies his glaive, snarling back at the wolves.

Initiative for the battle:
[roll0]

Waitingnomad
2013-06-09, 08:30 PM
Sense motive: [roll0]

Reise looks at the strangely tattooed male, trying to place where he may have seen those markings before. 'Don't resist' implied ill will, yet his motive seemed benevolent, although... he could not quite place his finger on it. "Magic man? I will say only this. If what you are attempting to do relies on my magic then it will not come to fruition. Do not waste yourself."

Talon15
2013-06-09, 08:41 PM
Not wanting to charge into a pack of wolves, Roo readies himself to strike any that close in on him.

i.e. readied action to attack the first one that comes within range.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-06-10, 11:36 AM
Shaking his head, Marrod begins to explain "I manipulate dust, external, god granted, even that weird "inner dust" that you sometimes hear about. It's not dangerous, just unpredictable, unless I know what I'm after."

Waitingnomad
2013-06-10, 02:21 PM
"And you would seek to manipulate mine? Despite this peril, I suspect the time you would need to understand my words is greater than the time I have to use them, should I so elect. I do not. Go to your companion- you will find more use in his abilities than in mine. I will defend your passage."

The Dragon
2013-06-10, 02:29 PM
Yssul draws his longspear, and moves to put himself between Ri and the wolves.
As he hurries across the battlefield, his outline becomes strangely blurred. He makes sure to make a lot of noise as he does so, standing in a clearly agressive stance, as to challenge the wolves and draw their attention.

OOC
Swift action to enter Child of Shadow.
Move action to stand in front of my caster
gaining 20% concealment.
Doing nothing with standard action

Yssul has reach with his longspear. If any of the wolves enters and exits a square he treathens, he makes an Attack of Opportunity. He can make up to three, and I'll roll them below.

AoO1
to hit:
Damage: [roll]1d8+

AoO2
to hit:

AoO3
to hit:

Humble Master
2013-06-10, 02:43 PM
Wolf Attack and Damage Rolls

[roll0] Wolf 1
[roll1] Wolf 2
[roll2] Wolf 3
[roll3] Wolf 4
[roll4] Wolf 1
[roll5] Wolf 2
[roll6] Wolf 3
[roll7] Wolf 4

Humble Master
2013-06-10, 02:49 PM
First round of combat:
Roo leaps in front of Ri, snarling and the wolves and brandishing his Glaive menacingly.

Ri, suddenly noticing the danger, quickly but carefully casts his spell. As the bubble of energy surrounds him he breaths a little easier.

A wolf glares hungrily and charges towards Roo. The Kobold is ready for it however and his deadly glaive swings out and cleaves through the wolf's neck, dropping it in one fell swing.

Yussel leaps across the battlefield moving with an amazing speed and grace. As he moves the shadows seem to bend and blur his image making it hard to look directly at him.

Reise moves to the back of the group while simultaneously drawing his crossbow. He maneuvers his hand and mumbles some words as he does this. His body seems to respond to these commands and his entire being perks up with new vitality.

Another wolf leaps from the bushes and charges Yussel. The Swordsage attempt to stab the animal with his spear but the creature easily dodges. The savage canine leaps at Yussel bit the nimble Swordsage maneuvers so the creature's mouth is filled with chainmail and not flesh.

Marrod move next to Reise and makes a comment to him, ready to attempt to steal and Spells Reise might have. The two, now behind the lines engage in conversation as their allies fend of the wolves.

Yet another forest canine rushes from the foliage, this time at Roo. Yussel attempts to cover his comrade and lunges at the wolf with his longspear. However the beast dodges the blow and leaps at Roo. The kobold expertly dodges the attack using his small size to his advantage.

The Wolf near Ri charges the Wizard and attempts an attack. However, Ri's spell, cast only moments before, repels the attack.

Folkk, muttering about oranges, starts bolstering his allies spirits with tales of haylofts and wizards (Perform, Storytelling) He then moves between the mysterious stranger and the wolves.
OOC
No damage and one wolf dead. Not bad at all!

Waitingnomad
2013-06-10, 03:10 PM
Reise raises an arm and the air in front of him seems to ripple in the direction of the nearest unharmed wolf causing its skin to boil and hiss. "Leave this wolf to me. It will be dead soon."

OOC
Initiative for next round: [roll0]
I cast Matter Agitation on the nearest unharmed wolf for 1(+1 from bard song, so 2 damage) point of damage on the first round, [roll1] (+1 from bard song so 2) on the second and [roll2] (+1 from bard song so thats 6) so for each turn thereafter until it dies (roll each turn). If no wolf is within range, I ready Entangling Ectoplasm as an action to be used on the first wolf that gets within range.
Ranged touch attack: [roll3](+1 from bard song, so 16)

The Dragon
2013-06-10, 03:13 PM
Yssul reversed his grip on his spear, and turned halfway to stab at the wolf attacking Ri. This particular trick had enabled him to win a practice fight against a boy who had several years of training on him. It required a bt of finesse, though, and a just hint of manipulation of what Cora and the books had called 'dust'. He feinted a low strike, and then combined his attack with just the merest hint of an illusion.

OOC
Attacking the wolf who's attacking Ri. Using Shadow Blade Technique.
To hit: [roll0] or [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] cold damage.
Cold damage is only used if I pick the lower of the 2 attack rolls.
Using the 15.

No concealment this round.

Talon15
2013-06-10, 03:42 PM
"I'm not that easy of a meal!" Roo hisses in draconic before striking that wolf that attempted to bite him.

attacking with glaive:
[roll0]
[roll1]

XianTheCoder
2013-06-10, 03:44 PM
Ri takes a 5ft step out of harms way, and casts Magic Missile on the nearest threatening wolf.

Damage: [roll0]

Waitingnomad
2013-06-10, 07:04 PM
OOC
Sorry, including the bard song thats 16 to hit with a ranged touch attack for 2 damage this round, 2 the next, and 6 the round after that (if its still alive at that point)

Lore232
2013-06-10, 07:36 PM
Shifting his stance so he leaned slightly forward with his blade between himself and the wolves attacking his fellows he readies himself to charge if any other attempt to attack the strange figure. "I mean realy who feeds a Krenshar oranges for breakfest, not only that it kept pulling back its face and I think smiling at me....." he looked back for a second in the hopes of a response, noticing a distinct lack of antention he continued anyway saying "The thing," stopping short he whispered "only found out later it was a girl" and continued louder " would throw the peels at me by flicking her tale and lauching them over a barrel at me. She likes you they told, friendly she is they told, so I did want any sane man would do, climb down from the loft and tried to say hello" sighing he stoped for a moment to get his breath and readjust his grip on the sword.

Readies to charge anything that approches within ten feat.
Swift to maintain the tale:smalltongue:

Attack in chase of charging (+2 chagre, -2ac, +1 from tale)
atk: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

for info on a krenshhar look on pg 163 in the MM

Sgt. Cookie
2013-06-13, 07:24 AM
Marrod nods and moves closer to the others, keeping an eye out for any oncoming wolves.

Humble Master
2013-06-13, 07:57 AM
Wolf Attack and Damage Rolls

[roll0] Wolf 1
[roll1] Wolf 2
[roll2] Wolf 3
[roll3] Wolf 1
[roll4] Wolf 2
[roll5] Wolf 3

Humble Master
2013-06-13, 08:03 AM
Wolf Reflex Save

[roll0]

Humble Master
2013-06-13, 08:15 AM
Second round of combat
Roo, hissing something in a Draconic language, assaults the wolf, that tried to maul him, with his glaive. The weapon connects with the wolf and inflicts a terrible wound.

Ri utters the words of power related to 'force' and 'movement' and from her hands springs a bolt of white energy. The bolt strikes the wolf and sends it sprawling.

Yussel strikes with his spear. As he does so it looks as though the shadows bends around his weapon, making it seem as though two spears are coming at the wolf. The beast dodges one only to be struck by the actual attack. The spear inflicts a grevious blow and the wolf looks like it is on it's last legs.

Seeing that the wolf struck by Yussel could die in a moment Reise turns his power at the one Roo attacked. He imagines, in his mind the particles of the wolf moving, heating up. He then projects this image on the dust of the world. Suddenly the wolf howl in pain as it's skin reddens.

One of the wolves, a savage hunger in it's eyes leaps at Roo. However, the kobold effortlessly dodges the attack weaving away so the wolf gets a mouthful of grass.

Marrod, deciding that he had better not risk it with this stranger, moves into combat ready put his fists to work.

Another wolf lunges as Yussel. The sSrdsage tries to dodge but the wolf's jaws catch him. Fortunately, Yussel's chainmail prevents any kind of serious damage.

The wolf engaging Ri get up quickly and assaults the wizard. However, the bubble of force that Ri erected hold and the wolf cannot manage to so much as touch the elf.

Folkk continues his tale, speaking of Wizards and Kenshars and orange peels. He then steels himself for a charge, ready to leap at any foe that should dare to come to close.

OOC
Man, you guys are eating these wolves for breakfast!

XianTheCoder
2013-06-13, 09:58 AM
Ri'Anthal takes another 5ft step away from the wolf attacking him, and whispers the words to conjure a small ball of acid within his palm. As soon as he has a clear shot, he hurls the acid at the wolf.

Casts the Cantrip Acid Orb

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Waitingnomad
2013-06-13, 10:25 AM
OOC
I maintain the attack for a further 2 damage this round

The Dragon
2013-06-13, 11:47 AM
OOC
Yssuf 5' steps backwards and attacks the wolf again:
To hit[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Talon15
2013-06-13, 11:57 AM
Leaving the one Reise struck to be finished off Roo turns to face the latest threat.

5ft step back and attacking with glaive.
[roll0]

[roll1]

Lore232
2013-06-14, 06:16 PM
Folkk

Remaing besides the strange man he continued his tale "So the beast seemed alright ... till I petted it...." Shuddering he looked about for more of the wolves and eye up how the others were doing Well doesn't seem like I need to step in yet he thought. Grimincing at the scent of blood he went back to his story "As soon as I began scrachtin its eyes the things face peeled up, completely slid to its crown, leavin nothin but its bone and eyeballs shownin and I will tell you this, we creatures of flesh must of just grew skin just to not look like that. I mean I yelled so loud out of ..." he coughed for a second and blushed but went of in a lower voice "Startlement that the wizard sent down his familar to check up on me but thats another story".

OOC
still bardin away
Still readied with those horrible rolls:smalltongue:

Humble Master
2013-06-15, 01:06 PM
Wolf Attack and Damage rolls

[roll0] Wolf 1
[roll1] Wolf 1

Sgt. Cookie
2013-06-15, 01:11 PM
Marrod, happy with his current position, decides to take up a defensive posture.

OOC: Marrod is using the Total Defence action, gaining a +4 Dodge bonus to AC.

Humble Master
2013-06-15, 01:16 PM
Third Round of Combat
Roo, seeing that the wolf engaging him is as good as dead turns to Yussel's foe and readies a swing of his glaive. The weapon hurtles through the air but misses the wolf which nimbly dodges.

Ready to finish off this wolf Ri conjures a small sphere of acid in his palm. He then whips his hand around and hulls the acid at the wolf. His aim is off however and the acidic sphere sizzles on the ground.

Yussel jumps back from the wolf and japs viciously with his spear. The polearm strikes the wolf solidly in the chest and the animal drops, bleeding to death from it's deep wounds.

Reise continues to focus on his strange power, causing the molecules of the wolf to heat up and displace. The creature's skin blisters in multiple places releasing blood and causing the creature to fall.

Marrod, seing that the two nearby wolves have been dealt with relaxes a little. However, out of habit he moves onto the balls of his feat ready to dodge any potential surprise attack.

The wolf fighting Ri lashes out again at the wizard. This time the shielding granted by the spell is not enough and the wolf's jaws close around Ri's side. The sharp teeth inflict a vicious wound that leaves Ri barely conscious.
OOC
Ri takes 3 points of damage and you need to make a Strength of Dexterity check

Folkk keeps telling his wondrous tale of Kenshars and kepps ready to strike at any potential foe that might assault him or Rease.

OOC
Nice work on the front lines people. Your wizard needs some help though.

Humble Master
2013-06-15, 01:18 PM
Wolf Trip Str Check

[roll0]

Waitingnomad
2013-06-15, 01:36 PM
OOC

Reise continues to focus on his strange power, causing the molecules of the wolf to heat up and displace. The creature's skin blisters in multiple places releasing blood and causing the creature to fall.
Does this mean the wolf is dead? If its still alive, I keep concentrating the power for 6 damage. If it is dead, I shoot off an Entangling Ectoplasm at the wolf going after Ri. Us squishies need to stick together, eh?

Waitingnomad
2013-06-15, 01:37 PM
OOC: My Roll
Ah sorry I forgot to roll to hit. Here we go:
Ranged touch attack on the wolf attacking Ri: [roll0]

Talon15
2013-06-15, 02:36 PM
Ooc
Stabbing the wolf on the squishy if he isnt dead. Otherwise swinging at the last one.

[roll0]
[roll1]

XianTheCoder
2013-06-15, 02:40 PM
Ri cries out in pain as the wolf's teeth clamp down and he immediately tries to get free.

DEX: [roll0]

Whether he gets free or not Ri conjures his last prepared magic missile and attempts to strike out with it.

If he breaks free he will take a 5ft step, if not he'll cast it using a concentration check.

Concentration: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

The Dragon
2013-06-15, 03:24 PM
Yssul leaps across the battlefield, and stabs the vicious wolf with his spear.

move action, attacking wolf:[roll0] Dmg:[roll1]

Lore232
2013-06-15, 04:34 PM
Folkk

Hearing Ri yell he dashes forward yelling back to the man "Well the tale will have to wait, seems like Im needed after all." and with that he dodges past the corpses and his fellows till he is beside Ri. "Can't leave you alone for a minute can I." he chuckled as he lashed out with his sword hoping at least one of his blows strikes the beast.

OOC
Insipire Courage last for 5 more roundss and then dissipates so bonuses are still good

Move: Move

Standard: attack [roll0]
DMG [roll1]

Humble Master
2013-06-15, 08:41 PM
The Fifth Round of Combat

Roo, not ready settle down just yet keeps stabbing the wolves to make sure that they are dead. His glaive bloody the kobld stands victorious over his fallen foes.

Though the wolf that just bit him tries to drag him down Ri manages to get lose. Concentrating on his spell as his wound burns with pain he shoots a bolt of energy into the wolf. The energy sends the wolf sprawling and a loud crack can be heard as it's ribs break.

OOC
Nice combat everyone! Everyone gets 75 Xp from the encounter. Also for those who would have taken actions after Ri, it doesn't really matter because now all the wolves are at negative hit points or dead.

The Dragon
2013-06-16, 07:46 AM
Yssul looks around, a little dazed. Then he looks to Reise and Roo. "So. Does this happen a lot out in the wilds?"

Talon15
2013-06-16, 08:02 AM
Roo cleans begins cleaning the blood off his glaive. He smirks at Yussel's question. "Wolves thought we were easy food. Now wolves are food."
Satisfied with the state of his weapon he retrieves his knife and drags one of the animals away from the others to begin skinning it.

Waitingnomad
2013-06-16, 08:17 AM
"The creatures of the mountain are not usually this agitated. Such a large group brings promise of a large feast, however." Reise stood still, and steady, looking amongst the group. "Now, tell me. Why are you here?"

XianTheCoder
2013-06-16, 08:38 AM
Ri lets the others have the conversation with the potential guide while he sits on [ground/rock/tree stump] and begins inspecting the damage caused by the bite. He will do his best to clean it up.

Heal (untrained): [roll0]

Sgt. Cookie
2013-06-16, 10:40 AM
Dropping his defensive posture, Marrod turns to Reise. "We're here to check out that old mage's hideout, see if there's anything of value. We heard you lived out here, so we were hoping to hire you as a guide."

Waitingnomad
2013-06-16, 10:49 AM
"I too came to inspect this place, but I found it empty. I have been here but a few days, however, so my search may as of yet be incomplete."

The Dragon
2013-06-16, 01:34 PM
"Sounds like we could all benefit from working together, yeah?" Yssul smiles at whom he has now decided is a mage. An intruiging one at that. Just the kind of thing Cora would have liked him to study.
There would be time for that later, however, and Yssul were not about to anger the man again. Instead he examined Ri'anthal. "That looks bad. I heard that animal-bites can get quite nasty if you don't do anything about them." Looking to the rest of the group, he asked "Do any of you know how to treat something like this?"

Talon15
2013-06-16, 02:34 PM
Roo looks up long enough from skinning to shake his head at Yussel's question. The kobold seemed to be creating a new trophy to add to his collection.

Waitingnomad
2013-06-16, 02:37 PM
"The bite of these beasts can carry disease. I would suggest you cauterise the wound with fire to prevent infection." Muses Reise to the enquiring Ri. "I'm afraid I have no such experience with medicine to help you."

Humble Master
2013-06-16, 03:14 PM
The wolves do not appear to have eaten well recently as they are all slim. Still if you skinned them all there would probably be enough meat to feed everyone without having to dig into your rations.

Seeing as you don't know exactly what to looks for or do you are unable to repair any major damage from the wound Ri. You do however manage to clean the wound well and wrap it up with some spare cloth.

Though you cannot see the sun setting the darkening sky is heralding the coming of night.

XianTheCoder
2013-06-17, 07:33 AM
After bandaging his leg Ri looks up at the sky, It appears that the day has come to an end, perhaps we should call it an evening and get an early start tomorrow?

The Dragon
2013-06-17, 08:01 AM
"Perhaps we should at that." Yssul look the various huts through, searching for the one that appears most comfortable, apart from the one Reise had settled in.
He poked his head out to the others "It might be a nice idea to make a fire. I'll get started on that in a minute."

Talon15
2013-06-17, 09:13 AM
Satisfied with the new pelt Roo begins work on the other wolves (the pre baked one excluded) skinning and cutting them in preparation for a meal.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-06-17, 10:33 AM
Marrod looks at Yssul, "I'll give you a hand with that."

Lore232
2013-06-17, 07:13 PM
"I'll start gathering the fire wood, anyone know how to cook?" he asked as he headed into the forest.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-06-18, 10:43 AM
"Only the basics."

Lore232
2013-06-18, 10:48 AM
"Great, well then will be back in a bit." he sighs as he heads off into the darking woods.

Talon15
2013-06-18, 11:21 AM
Using one of the pelts as a makeshift sac Roo drags a pile meat to Marrod.

"Best parts I could find. Rest isn't very good."

He returns to whats left of the corpses to properly dispose of them, don't want to attract more guests tonight.

Humble Master
2013-06-18, 02:18 PM
Folkk, you find plenty of dry wood around the forest as well as some kindling. Making a fire will be no challenge.

You notice a spade leaning against one of the huts. You could use it to dig a hole to put the corpses in.

The sky continues to darken. Night is on it's way.

Waitingnomad
2013-06-18, 02:48 PM
Reise moves to a quiet location, still within the realms of the camp, and settles down in a resting position. "I will watch for other predators. My eyes are well used to seeing in the darkness."

Lore232
2013-06-18, 03:59 PM
"Well then lets get cookin, anyof you have any clue where we should go tomorrow, it never hurts to plan ahead." Folkk said as he lite the fire with his flint and steel.

Talon15
2013-06-18, 06:53 PM
Taking the shovel Roo goes to work burying the remains. When he's finished he picks a spot near the edge of the camp to rest and turn his new pelt into a makeshift cloak.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-06-19, 08:02 AM
Picking up a few flat rocks, Marrod brushed the dirt off them and set them by the fire. Taking a small knife from his belt, he begins to cut up the wolf meat into thin strips.

Humble Master
2013-06-26, 12:34 PM
Marrod, Folkk and Yssul work together and soon have a decent fire burning. Marrod then gets to work cooking the wolf meat over the fire.

Meanwhile Roo, takes a spade and begins to burry the wolves bodies. After digging a hole, about 3 feet deep, Roo dumps the fetid, mangled bodies of the wolves in and then entombs them with dirt.

After the meat is done the 6 of you sit around the fire, eating your wolf in silence. The air cools as the sun sinks below the horizon and the moon rises in it's place. Eventually it is time for rest and you retire to one of the cottages that is spread around the clearing.

Reise declares he will take the first watch and stays up, eyeing the tree line. Once his two hours are up he finds Roo and shakes the Kobold awake.

Roo leaves his cottage and starts patrolling about the glade using his Darkvision to see where his comrades would only perceive blackness. After his two hour are up he wakes Marrod.

Marrod's watch is largely uneventful. He sees nothing move in the forest and hears on the sounds of the night: owl calling and the scampering of rodents over fallen leaves. Once his shift has concluded Yssul relieves him.

Yussel watches the night trying to peer into the blackness. Nothing stirs and two hours after he awoke he awakens Ri and returns to sleep.

Ri, having just waken from a peaceful rest watches as the sun rises from the horizon heralding the coming of day.

XianTheCoder
2013-06-26, 01:35 PM
After waking Ri checks on the bite wounds from the previous battle, he cleans and rewraps the wound. As the sun rises, Ri takes out his spellbook and begins preparing his daily spells, waiting for the others to finish their slumber. When 2 hours has passed and nothing happens, Ri will wake everybody and begin packing up his things.

Talon15
2013-06-26, 01:59 PM
Once awoken Roo quickly stretches and leaves the hut to scout around the immediate perimeter. He keeps an eye out while he waits for the group to prepare and move.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Waitingnomad
2013-06-26, 02:20 PM
Riese wakes from his rest, and eyes Ri as he too draws from his pack a battered leather tome through which he reads, appearing to study each page in great detail. After some time has past, he appears satisfied with his study and returns the book to his backpack before rising and moving towards Ri and the rest of the group. "So then, what do you seek to accomplish this day? My searches have yielded me little, so if it acceptable I should wish to join you in your own search. Our combined knowledge may give rise to information that alone we may never uncover."

Lore232
2013-06-27, 12:04 AM
"A good question desevres a good answer, lets get something into our stomachs befor we get into that mess." Yussel said as he attached his swords sheath onto his belt.

XianTheCoder
2013-06-27, 12:36 PM
As Ri finishes memorizing spells, he closes his spellbook and looks up at the others. Some of us seek wealth and power, some of us seek a simple paycheck. For myself, I seek the greatest power in the world, knowledge. I have heard humors of this place and believe there is still more to uncover regarding its people and history. If in the process we acquire wealth and riches, even better.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-06-27, 01:10 PM
"I'm just looking for wealth. Anything valuable, ancient or rare."

Waitingnomad
2013-06-28, 08:05 PM
Reise paused for a moment as if to consider his words, before speaking again. "Hmm... perhaps our goals do not meet as well as first it seemed." He scanned the party before moving towards the hut, whereupon he gathered what few meagre belongings he had and re-emerged. "I shall resume my travels. Perhaps these mountains bear truths yet unfound by my searches. Best of... luck, in yours." He moved swiftly towards the edge of the clearing, and with a few quick motions delved into the underbrush and was gone.

He walked on for many dozens of miles before stopping to rest in a distant cavern for a few hours, gathering berries and nuts for sustenance and drinking of the water of a nearby river. He then entered the river, and walked through it for several miles more, so as to obscure his scent for those that may choose to follow, and continued on his journey, travelling at a brisk pace for twenty hours each day for several days until at last he found another place he was content to study.

Humble Master
2013-06-30, 12:38 PM
As Roo looks around he sees nothing different from the day before. All of the huts look just as they did and the central stone structure sits placidly, it's smooth walls implying great craftsmanship. The birds are beginning their chorus and the sound of their tweets and cheeps fills the air with a strangely peaceful, dissonant din. The trees around the clearing shoot into the sky and seem to loom with a great foreboding about them. Sunlight filters through the trunks of the trees and throws patches of light on the ground and on the walls of the huts.

Talon15
2013-06-30, 03:37 PM
Deciding nothing was amiss in the surroundings Roo returns to group, taking a seat a short distance away.

"When do you wish to depart? And where are we going?"

Lore232
2013-07-01, 12:06 AM
Soon hopefully he said as he gave their camp a wuick look over.

XianTheCoder
2013-07-01, 07:09 AM
Ri stands up, My preperations for the day is complete, I can leave now. The wound from last evening will continue to limit my physical abilities this morning, but by tomorrow I suspect I should be nearly one hundred percent once again. Ri looks around at the huts and the location where their guide had been sleeping the night before. It is regretable that we will not have the assistence of the guide, but considering he has had little success himself at this site, perhaps he would have just been a burden and another split of treasure to allocate. We know enough of the ruins to continue on ourselves, although finding the exact location may take a bit longer without the guide. With a shrug he seems to dismiss the guide. Shall we?

Sgt. Cookie
2013-07-01, 09:01 AM
"Lead the way."

XianTheCoder
2013-07-01, 12:27 PM
With no complaints heard from anyone, Ri begins to lead the way that he believes the ruins to be.

Humble Master
2013-07-01, 05:55 PM
OOC
Sorry for the confusion. The glade you are in is supposed to be the ruins.

XianTheCoder
2013-07-02, 07:43 AM
Seeing no better place to start, Ri walks over to the largest of the buildings in the center of the glade and begins inspecting it. Once he makes a circuit around it, he peeks his head inside.

Humble Master
2013-07-02, 09:35 AM
The walls of the stone building are not masonry but rather seem to be large slabs of perfectly cut stone that jut out of the ground. The walls of the building are smooth and there are no windows. A heavy, oak door is set into the wall on the North side of the building. The portal is simple but sturdy and no hinges can be seen. As you press on the door it swing open easily with almost no effort at all and light issues out from inside. Three small, glowing spheres are set into the wall and provide a pale light that perfectly illuminates the entire building.
The inside of the structure is as uniform as the outside. Save the glowing orbs nothing decorates the walls and the ceiling is composed only of wooden crossbeams and thatch. The floor is simple flagstones, laid out in a pattern.

XianTheCoder
2013-07-02, 09:51 AM
Ri'Anthal steps inside to inspect closer. He moves close to one of the light orbs and attempts to pry it out of the wall. Next he looks around the room for an exit/tunnel/etc.

What is Ri's best estimate for the time that these ruins have existed and been abandoned? I was under the impression it's been a long time, but based on the state of the glade and the building I am assuming I misinterpretted and it's been a much shorter time.

Does Ri have any idea what caused the buildings to be abandoned by the inhabitants?

Talon15
2013-07-02, 11:48 AM
Roo follows closely behind, more to check for threats then exploring. He does examine the floor for any unusual tracks or oddities.

search:
[roll0]

Humble Master
2013-07-03, 09:35 AM
Ri pulls and pries at the orbs but none of them budge, as though they were cemented into the wall. There is no obvious exit from the room aside from the door you came in.

OOC
The Mage War ended only a few years ago but the Grey Mages had begun their exodus a while before then. The buildings were probably abounded by the Grey Mages when they felt it was time to move on. You don't have enough information to accurately pinpoint when they left (though you will probably find out latter).

While searching the floor Roo finds a flagstone that seems out of place somehow. Feeling around it Roo finds that there is a hidden catch built into the flagstone.

Talon15
2013-07-03, 02:05 PM
"Found something." Roo states as he attempts to move the stone.

strength check if necessary:
[roll0]

Sgt. Cookie
2013-07-04, 08:27 AM
Marrod paces the room carefully, checking all corners for anything of value or import.

I'll take 20 on this, combined with my normal +8 bonus, that makes 28 on my search.

XianTheCoder
2013-07-05, 09:28 AM
Ri walks over to Roo and helps him lift the stone, Good eyes, nicely done.

Humble Master
2013-07-05, 03:47 PM
As you pull the stone it clicks into an upright position. You hear mechanical grinding and the flagstones in the ground begin to sink into the ground forming a spiral staircase that leads into the darkness.

XianTheCoder
2013-07-06, 12:10 AM
Ri looks at Roo, You found it, would you like the honors? as he motions down the stairwell. While waking his turn Ri will get some torches lit.

Talon15
2013-07-09, 10:57 AM
Nodding to the wizard Roo begins journeying downstairs.

spot: [roll0]
listen: [roll1]