PDA

View Full Version : Sundering a Monk

cerin616
2013-06-10, 11:31 AM
So, according to the monks unarmed strike, any part of his body can be used as an unarmed strike.
In addition, a monks unarmed strike is considered both a natural and manufactured weapon.

Together, this should mean the entire monk is a manufactured weapon, which means, I can sunder it?

NEO|Phyte
2013-06-10, 11:35 AM
Together, this should mean the entire monk is a manufactured weapon, which means, I can sunder it?

Sure, just provoke an attack of opportunity (assuming you don't have improved sunder), make opposed attack rolls against the monk with appropriate modifiers, compare the values, and if you win, you get to deal damage to the monk's HP.

Big Fau
2013-06-10, 11:45 AM
Sure, just provoke an attack of opportunity (assuming you don't have improved sunder), make opposed attack rolls against the monk with appropriate modifiers, compare the values, and if you win, you get to deal damage to the monk's HP.

Humorously, this may be easier than targeting the AC of your average non-optimized Monk seeing as so many people make the mistake of over-investing in AC.

Cog
2013-06-10, 11:53 AM
In addition, a monks unarmed strike is considered both a natural and manufactured weapon.
You missed a bit there:

A monk’s unarmed strike is treated both as a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons.
Sunder doesn't have much of a reputation for improving things, so I think you're out of luck there

Telonius
2013-06-10, 11:57 AM
It gets a bit harder once the Monk hits level 16. :smallbiggrin:

cerin616
2013-06-10, 01:08 PM
You missed a bit there:

Sunder doesn't have much of a reputation for improving things, so I think you're out of luck there

dang, so much for all that humor of sundering.

Telonius
2013-06-10, 01:16 PM
On the other hand, if the Monk is successfully sundered, you could bring it back by Raise Dead, which would result in a level loss. He could then take his next level in Unarmed Swordsage.

... improvement?